Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Article based on Actual Gameplay of Get Together

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like this part of the article I was trying to find it for another thread..

"Sims in a club will not constantly be following the club's theme. So your book club will not constantly be reading without end while at gathering. Instead, to keep the Sims' interactions as real as possible, a club will develop a certain behavioural pattern based on your own Sim's actions, that will define the club's interests."

I really like the idea of behavior patterns emerging. I also like the thought that the guests won't make a bee-line to the computer or other fun source lol.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Sounds like the traditional spin EA and their minions tend to put on lame content. Remember how amazing and in depth the emotion system was touted to be pre release? I rest my case. Even if the club system is halfway decent it's still not a 40 dollar expansion pack. And I'm seriously doubting they've added anything major and new for sims to actually DO. I don't need a bunch of cliques in my game and I really don't need cliques running around doing the same exact stuff I can already do in the basegame. Sorry, not going to swoon and fall head over heels over this gamepack labeled as an expansion.

My thoughts exactly! I bought Sims 4 when it came out because of the way they touted emotions, but the emotions need relationships, which need interpersonal interactions to really bring them out. The way they touted them so much, I thought we'd get a much more intricate web of interactions than we had in Sims 3, but we didn't (or at least it doesn't feel that way.) This just seems like something else that should have been in the base game, IMHO.

To @jackjack_k, though, thank you so much for posting that! It does clear up some questions I had about Get Together.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    This is an interesting article, and I note how he mentions how Sims 3 Generations was a game-changer, as it was for myself as well. For me, Generations completely altered how I played families and the whole game in general, so that's very promising.

I still stand by the fact that the Expansion has been improperly marketed thus far. And I hope that group get-togethers don't devolve into checklists like the horrible active careers.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @aws200 wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    So... not even a new town? Do they not know that people can just download "new sims" to wander around the existing town?

It includes a new world the size of our original two.

Sadly, that is the only thing I am excited about. Might have to buy the EP to get a new world.

I find that strange, during Sims 3 days, new worlds came out every month. Sigh, now they are like the holy grail.

That's how Maxis is going to scam you since they don't have thesims4store.com! There's very little space in the game because we cannot edit our worlds; they're 2D Facebook games where lots are locked in position and no ability to add more.
    "You want more space? BUY OUR DLC!" Maxis. :)

Scamming 101

Stop buying stuff then and clogging threads with useless posts like this.

You always had to pay for more space with Sims 1 & 3. And then you had to spend another $60 for SimCity 4 to make your own hood in The Sims 2. Unless you wanted a pre-made.

I'm sure a CAW tool is coming, they teased one just after release. It's just a matter of making the program user friendly. And EA don't get any money from it, so it's up to the devs to work on it in their spare time. Unless EA make it a feature of a pack or something.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    @blewis823 Well i was talking to @Sarduchi since he wanted a Sims 3 type of world. I explained one of the negatives I saw in that kind of world. Sarduchi wanted them to have the world/Windenburg in a Sims 3 style.

OK, thank you for clearing that up. I must have read it wrong. Sorry.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Thank you for sharing that article OP. I'm still skeptical, but at least there is hope. LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg