Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are they doing?!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member
    Like I said, it's obvious that the toddlers wont be well received even if they do come so there's probably no point in even making them.

It would be "childish" of them to take an attitude like that. I would like to believe that they are mature business people. If they are not well done, then yes, I agree, there isn't any point in adding them. Personally, I'm tired of all the shortcuts that have already been taken with The Sims 4. I think that after making us wait so long for toddlers, then they had better be the best toddlers in the series. Am I hard to please? Maybe, but I enjoyed the toddlers in both the Sims 2 and Sims 3. They pleased me before, and they can do it again if they really want to do it.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited August 2015
    DaisiesDay wrote: »
    Like I said, it's obvious that the toddlers wont be well received even if they do come so there's probably no point in even making them.

It would be "childish" of them to take an attitude like that. I would like to believe that they are mature business people. If they are not well done, then yes, I agree, there isn't any point in adding them. Personally, I'm tired of all the shortcuts that have already been taken with The Sims 4. I think that after making us wait so long for toddlers, then they had better be the best toddlers in the series. Am I hard to please? Maybe, but I enjoyed the toddlers in both the Sims 2 and Sims 3. They pleased me before, and they can do it again if they really want to do it.

I feel the same way. It really has been a long wait for something that should have been in the base game. They ran out of time? Fine, but plenty of time has passed now. Plenty, plenty of time. Go ahead EA/Maxis. Knock my socks off.

To all those that are so sad/angry about some of us feeling pessimistic? It took most of us a quite a while to get there. Watching the hope get ground out of people like @sparkfairy1 has been a painful process. Few people argued more passionately on the behalf of the developers. She has kept a lot of people engaged with the game who would have just wandered off a long time ago. And engaged is a good thing for the future of Sims 4. As long as we are still engaged there is still a chance of changing our minds, EA/Maxis, but so far every announcement is just another nail in the coffin for me. Get to Work was the last thing that interested me at all and that was in March!
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    DaisiesDay wrote: »

I feel the same way. It really has been a long wait for something that should have been in the base game. They ran out of time? Fine, but plenty of time has passed now. Plenty, plenty of time. Go ahead EA/Maxis. Knock my socks off.

To all those that are so sad/angry about some of us feeling pessimistic? It took most of us a quite a while to get there. Watching the hope get ground out of people like @sparkfairy1 has been a painful process. Few people argued more passionately on the behalf of the developers. She has kept a lot of people engaged with the game who would have just wandered off a long time ago. And engaged is a good thing for the future of Sims 4. As long as we are still engaged there is still a chance of changing our minds, EA/Maxis, but so far every announcement is just another nail in the coffin for me. Get to Work was the last thing that interested me at all and that was in March!

I wish I could like this x10
    Very true. @sparkfairy1 is the main one that is keeping me patient. Her grace in threads that disagree with her wants (our wants as family simmers) encourage me to reevaluate my posts and continually influence my patience for this game.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You all realize EA has said for over a year that they heard us and are looking into Toddlers. A Year... and now a survey about if we want toddlers? Are you kiddin' me, Maxis?

So, yesl- some people will still be unsure and some sour faces will still be showing. I'm not even caring about them for me, this game lacks stuff for me and what I liked about the other games yet I will still hold up for those family players.

Bring on the Negative- I much rather hear what people are thinking than to just have a bunch of happy, happy, joy, joy when everything isn't.

What rant? That wasn't a rant... that was my happy face. :mrgreen:
    You have people who have stayed here, asking for toddlers for a year now, claiming that it may be too late once they are done. Im sitting here like .."Really? You waited a year and you can't wait a bit longer? NOW you've decided to leave?"

And there are people who have been banding together demanding toddlers, who REFUSE to go take the survey to cast their vote for toddlers on simsvip over something so random and childish.

It's baffling to me, and it's very telling as well.

I think you may be missing the point... At least for me it's not about waiting a little longer for toddlers it's that this most recent pack they are releasing TO ME looks like a pack filled with nothing. It looks like they put zero effort into it and just said "oh man, we have to come out with a new expansion soon, quick, grab a bunch of random objects and throw together a trailer filled with young adults partying." There's nothing new in the pack in my opinion and you do not need to try to convince me otherwise because that's how I feel about it. It screams underdone, uninspired, lackluster, and lazy, like they are just phoning it in to get something out and get people's money. There is no passion for the game in that pack.

If this is the type of pack they are going to release, then I have no hope. If they are going to continue releasing content like that then no, I don't care if they add toddlers into this game of fragmented disconnected poorly implemented half ideas. And if people are refusing to take the survey to vote for toddlers it may be because of similar reasons and also because THEY WANT TO PUT TODDLERS IN AS PAID DLC. If you don't care to understand why others feel that's a problem then it is what it is...

You are welcome to think people are being "random and childish". I have my reasons for feeling the way I do and to me they are very valid reasons. I'm not going to jump up and down and be all happy when I'm seeing serious issues.

Putting the name calling and rudeness aside for a moment, surely you expected that there would be a chance that they could come as paid DLC?

It's been discussed again and again as to whether it'd be patched or DLC. Can't be a shock that they might release it as DLC.

As to not going and doing the survey unofficially on SimsVIP, as far as I know was because she blocked them on Twitter, the site had to be joined separately and people didn't believe giving the results to Maxis would help much anyway. That it might come as DLC seemed to be a side issue. That they were trying to distract people with the survey seemed to be a bigger issue than it being DLC.

I personally saw nothing on that site that even indicated that the results of their informal poll would be handed over to EA. And yes, even if it was, what would it matter? They will make whatever EP that their time, talent, and budget allows.

As for the survey being a distraction, it's entirely possible that they put the (suspiciously incomplete) Generations pack in there just so they can claim it didn't rank highly enough to make it into production. Of course I wouldn't expect them to admit that for a long, long time, since a lot of people will keep buying and hoping as long as they think there is a chance they're coming. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it and in the meantime I haven't seen anything I plan to buy.

It says in the box right there:

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released

'Want to vote on your favorite expansion ideas and let The Sims team hear your thoughts?

Vote on our unofficial forum poll!'

I assume that SimsVIP has some kind of contact.

I asked that surely it wasn't surprising that they'd possibly be DLC, since it's been discussed.

I stated what others had said since it was claimed that the reason that people didn't want to do the poll unofficially was because the toddlers were perhaps going to be made as DLC. Beyond that, doesn't matter a bit. I don't doubt that it is distraction. I've no interest in getting into a discussion about it.

I asked a question and answered a statement. I didn't get an answer. The end.

Simsvip is just an info site. A staff member from there has actually posted on here. To me, personally. And told all of us that they would send the unofficial forum poll to the Guru's but there is no guarantee that they will take any consideration of what was voted on there. Because it is, as it says, an unofficial forum poll.

Idk what this argument is about currently. I just wanted to correct you on that one point. Ocd, sorry.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Also, I will never pay for a life stage. I will cheerfully pay for an EP that expands on family play, but real, proper toddlers and/or preteens must be patched in. A proper teen life stage and a proper toddler life stage should never have been dropped in the first place. To charge for them again is wrong, but more importantly will prevent proper integration with all the other content!

In addition, the new Get Together pack? Everything that might be fun to do with the group function would be ruined for me by the statement that groups will conflict! Think it would be fun to have grandparents look after the kids or give piano lessons? How fun will it be when they start getting social hits from the kids taking violin lessons? Or going to book club? It's not going to be proper clubs, it's going to be cliques and I have no time for that! And this is sims 4 all over for me. So many wonderful features have something tacked on or neglected that just ruins it for me.

I didn't start out a pessimist for Sims 4 content, I became one after much experience.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

You all realize EA has said for over a year that they heard us and are looking into Toddlers. A Year... and now a survey about if we want toddlers? Are you kiddin' me, Maxis?

So, yesl- some people will still be unsure and some sour faces will still be showing. I'm not even caring about them for me, this game lacks stuff for me and what I liked about the other games yet I will still hold up for those family players.

Bring on the Negative- I much rather hear what people are thinking than to just have a bunch of happy, happy, joy, joy when everything isn't.

What rant? That wasn't a rant... that was my happy face. :mrgreen:
    You have people who have stayed here, asking for toddlers for a year now, claiming that it may be too late once they are done. Im sitting here like .."Really? You waited a year and you can't wait a bit longer? NOW you've decided to leave?"

And there are people who have been banding together demanding toddlers, who REFUSE to go take the survey to cast their vote for toddlers on simsvip over something so random and childish.

It's baffling to me, and it's very telling as well.

I think you may be missing the point... At least for me it's not about waiting a little longer for toddlers it's that this most recent pack they are releasing TO ME looks like a pack filled with nothing. It looks like they put zero effort into it and just said "oh man, we have to come out with a new expansion soon, quick, grab a bunch of random objects and throw together a trailer filled with young adults partying." There's nothing new in the pack in my opinion and you do not need to try to convince me otherwise because that's how I feel about it. It screams underdone, uninspired, lackluster, and lazy, like they are just phoning it in to get something out and get people's money. There is no passion for the game in that pack.

If this is the type of pack they are going to release, then I have no hope. If they are going to continue releasing content like that then no, I don't care if they add toddlers into this game of fragmented disconnected poorly implemented half ideas. And if people are refusing to take the survey to vote for toddlers it may be because of similar reasons and also because THEY WANT TO PUT TODDLERS IN AS PAID DLC. If you don't care to understand why others feel that's a problem then it is what it is...

You are welcome to think people are being "random and childish". I have my reasons for feeling the way I do and to me they are very valid reasons. I'm not going to jump up and down and be all happy when I'm seeing serious issues.

Putting the name calling and rudeness aside for a moment, surely you expected that there would be a chance that they could come as paid DLC?

It's been discussed again and again as to whether it'd be patched or DLC. Can't be a shock that they might release it as DLC.

As to not going and doing the survey unofficially on SimsVIP, as far as I know was because she blocked them on Twitter, the site had to be joined separately and people didn't believe giving the results to Maxis would help much anyway. That it might come as DLC seemed to be a side issue. That they were trying to distract people with the survey seemed to be a bigger issue than it being DLC.

I personally saw nothing on that site that even indicated that the results of their informal poll would be handed over to EA. And yes, even if it was, what would it matter? They will make whatever EP that their time, talent, and budget allows.

As for the survey being a distraction, it's entirely possible that they put the (suspiciously incomplete) Generations pack in there just so they can claim it didn't rank highly enough to make it into production. Of course I wouldn't expect them to admit that for a long, long time, since a lot of people will keep buying and hoping as long as they think there is a chance they're coming. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it and in the meantime I haven't seen anything I plan to buy.

It says in the box right there:

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released

'Want to vote on your favorite expansion ideas and let The Sims team hear your thoughts?

Vote on our unofficial forum poll!'

I assume that SimsVIP has some kind of contact.

I asked that surely it wasn't surprising that they'd possibly be DLC, since it's been discussed.

I stated what others had said since it was claimed that the reason that people didn't want to do the poll unofficially was because the toddlers were perhaps going to be made as DLC. Beyond that, doesn't matter a bit. I don't doubt that it is distraction. I've no interest in getting into a discussion about it.

I asked a question and answered a statement. I didn't get an answer. The end.

Simsvip is just an info site. A staff member from there has actually posted on here. To me, personally. And told all of us that they would send the unofficial forum poll to the Guru's but there is no guarantee that they will take any consideration of what was voted on there. Because it is, as it says, an unofficial forum poll.

Idk what this argument is about currently. I just wanted to correct you on that one point. Ocd, sorry.

There isn't an argument, save for my abruptness with HappySimmer3, for which I can only apologise. I would put it down to a bad weekend and tiredness personally and move on.

Sorry @HappySimmer3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can stop labeling people who have a differing opinion that you do. It's really rude.

I'm not defending EA, I'm explaining that they will not drop packs in development because a vocal minority complained. That would be such a waste of time and resources it's not even funny.

Really?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13967943/#Comment_13967943

Yup, sick and tired of the negativity. People literally get what they wanted and they still complained.

Lol! So, lump it all together. If you're sick of the negativity than put out the positivity. Putting out more negativity must be making you more sick. Don't be sad, be happy since you're happy with it. :mrgreen:

*I have literally not gotten what I wanted for this game. So I get to be sick and tired of it. :)
    You're right, I should be more positive. It's really hard to do sometimes when there is complaining everywhere I go about everything.

I was genuinely happy for those who wanted toddlers and then I go over to the thread to share the big news only to find sour faces again. It's tiring.

I don't have a sour face. I almost fainted. I wish they would do the toddler DLC and then the Generations EP, but I 'fear' those who took the survey were just using their mischievous skills that day and might have voted for something just to be mean. People do that when they get vindictive. They may have hated toddlers and not even play the TS4 and still vote for the worst one (idea) to be first. Who knows. I don't like my game being left in the hands of others, though, and me not even get a say.

Hey, wouldn't it be great if they never sold anything until it was all done then the player could pick what they wanted next? Each person could have their own EP and or DLC , or free patch. That would be an idea gaming world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    Also, I will never pay for a life stage. I will cheerfully pay for an EP that expands on family play, but real, proper toddlers and/or preteens must be patched in. A proper teen life stage and a proper toddler life stage should never have been dropped in the first place. To charge for them again is wrong, but more importantly will prevent proper integration with all the other content!

In addition, the new Get Together pack? Everything that might be fun to do with the group function would be ruined for me by the statement that groups will conflict! Think it would be fun to have grandparents look after the kids or give piano lessons? How fun will it be when they start getting social hits from the kids taking violin lessons? Or going to book club? It's not going to be proper clubs, it's going to be cliques and I have no time for that! And this is sims 4 all over for me. So many wonderful features have something tacked on or neglected that just ruins it for me.

I didn't start out a pessimist for Sims 4 content, I became one after much experience.

I like the conflict. It makes the clubs not all rainbows, sunshine, and butterflies or however that saying goes.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Now, is that nice? You know I read where you aren't real thrilled with the up coming EP. And like many who have praised this game from the start you sounded put out, let down, and not interested in it. Apply what you just said to those who may actually, really want this next EP because they like that sort of thing. Then was there any reason not to build this one that is coming up just because you don't like? Apply what you say to yourself and see how that sounds. I have to sometimes, they sound good in my head until I put myself in the shoes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I hear you on the clubs. I like the club idea, for many of the things you mentioned (book club, music club, foodie club, etc.) But I don't like cliques and I don't want clique behavior in my game. I had enough of that in real life. What I'd like them to do is to enable us to have some options. It sounds like these conflicts spawn from the club dislikes (from what I heard at one of the interviews). OK then, perhaps give us the choice to opt out of club dislikes, like maybe the ability to just leave those blank? That's something that would make me happier with the idea of clubs.

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Personally, I'm hoping that the conflicts go down EXACTLY like this:

https://youtu.be/ksBE53CIT8E?t=1m18s
  • Options

I like the conflict. It makes the clubs not all rainbows, sunshine, and butterflies or however that saying goes.

Well, if it is possible to choose which clubs to conflict with for "the Drama" that's fine, but what are the chances of that level of choice? Rival book clubs could be extremely amusing, but only if it's something that I am choosing to add to my game. To my mind it's very immature behaviour. This is not intended as an insult to anyone who likes the feature! Immaturity is fine if I want to play an immature sim for a while, but I personally find that very boring after a while. I would rather play mature, thoughtful sims, not endless goofballs that bicker about what clubs they are in!

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

Well, if it is possible to choose which clubs to conflict with for "the Drama" that's fine, but what are the chances of that level of choice? Rival book clubs could be extremely amusing, but only if it's something that I am choosing to add to my game. To my mind it's very immature behaviour. This is not intended as an insult to anyone who likes the feature! Immaturity is fine if I want to play an immature sim for a while, but I personally find that very boring after a while. I would rather play mature, thoughtful sims, not endless goofballs that bicker about what clubs they are in!

second that

I would like them to not conflict unless I want it so
    and I find it hard to trust that EA gives us the control and lets us rule... decipite their slogan

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

It's obvious that anything they make will always be attacked so why even continue TS4?

What kind of mindset is that?

You're missing the point. We all want Toddlers, obviously free, and obviously because they should be a life state that should have obviously been included from the start, WITHOUT some poll about "So should we add toddlers or not guys??"

Imagine all the people that want toddlers back but don't use any means of media to find out about Sims 4? I had S3 and I never looked up news or info about it, I just played. People like that won't know that hey, maybe toddlers will come, but only if you cast your vote! Point being for all those reasons I've said, there shouldn't even be a silly poll in the first place. Which is why some are upset. Let them be upset and go ponder about berries instead.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    I'm with you. Hey, if they skip over the more asinine pack ideas and go with the better ones like the apartments one or generations (with free toddlers patch) and they actually do those packs right and don't cut corners at every possible opportunity then I would be MORE than happy to eat every word I've said following the release of this survey. As it stands I'm VERY skeptical. I does not really sound like they plan to fully flesh out ideas. It sounds like they want to continue along the path of rushing everything and not even coming close to meeting the full potential of ideas. The latest get together expansion certainly does nothing to inspire confidence. That is literally a pack full of nothing.

I wish I could be on the optimist band wagon and be quick to defend EA, but EA has shown me time and time again that they are not to be trusted and that everything they present should be questioned and that I should expect nothing more than the least possible amount of effort. So far this whole game feels phoned in so... why suddenly after The sims 4 Get together with your cash would they decide to start making great packs?
    You can stop labeling people who have a differing opinion that you do. It's really rude.

I'm not defending EA, I'm explaining that they will not drop packs in development because a vocal minority complained. That would be such a waste of time and resources it's not even funny.

You are offended because I used the word "optimist". I'm a pessimist about the situation and you could go right ahead and call me that because that's what it is just as others are optimistic about it. And when did I say they should drop packs in development? I said I don't like the pack and think it adds nothing.

Walks away baffled that someone is offended over the word optimist.
    You used it to lump people together in a derogatory manner.

Lol ok.

Is literally laughing out loud right now.
    Is suffocating from the smoke coming out of that burn!

hpVDdPM.gif
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    All I know if, a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 survey does not prove anything to me. I won't be buying any expansions/stuff packs, game packs what ever the hell type of packs until I actually see hard evidence that toddlers are coming.

Especially since some people actually love the idea of some of the most freaking ridiculous things ever. (like the get real, EP) really? >.> I wonder what group of simmers are to blame for this laughable Get Together EP

Then again this is just my opinion I'm sure there are a lot who does not agreee
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015

Really?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13967943/#Comment_13967943

Yup, sick and tired of the negativity. People literally get what they wanted and they still complained.
    PS did you forget about your forum challenge?

I'm really confused when i read comments from you. You are SelenaGrey, right? While i respect that you changed from liking the game, to not liking the game to liking the game again (i know how that feels), i don't get how someone whose opinion and valid concerns have been cast aside easily once can do that to others again after this.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I just wanted to say, thank you to those simmers who came in and said such sweet things and tried to defend me. It's very kind and I appreciate it very much :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    This is only the second expansion pack, we just need to give the developers more time.

I would think that, given the frosty reception TS4 got at release, and the myriad complaints that have been leveled against it since, the developers would at least be trying to make the first two or three expansions real heavy hitters, with a lot of content like weather, pets, every career imaginable, real story progression etc. The modding community has already shown the Get To Work expansion up to be far less ambitious than what it could have been, and this expansion, as far as we can tell right now, barely has any new content at all! It looks like it would be much better suited to being a game pack.

I do see new content in the game....

European Neighbourhood
    Coffee Shops
    Pubs
    Closets
    Pond feature (also swimmable)
    Bonfire
    Social Clubs
    Football Tables
    DJ
    Parties in Ruins
    Dancing Skills

There is new content, it is just the fact this expansion pack is not your type of thing, that is fine and you don't have to buy it. Plus bit early to complain as the game isn't released, we may all be jumping into conclusions

Here is what i have to say about this:

-a new world should be a standard in an EP especially in an iteration with such small worlds and doesn't need to be highlighted that much
    -cool, i really like the idea of friends meeting for coffe but why no restaurants?!
    -Pubs seem to be just a variation of bars
    -Closets. Are you for real? Isn't it embarrassing enough the Sims team keeps highlighting this closet, do we really need to include this bad marketing in our own "whoa, new features"-talk?! This is not a SP with a premium object
    -Pool feature, not pond. Variation of something we already have again
    -Bonfires work the same as what we got in Outdoor Retreat
    -Social clubs sound cool. I want to wait and see what they'll announce about them, but i still think this is a minor and not a major feature. I'm also concerned with this whole "you can be the leader"-crap. I really want to be the girl that tries to please the queen bee from time to time. Makes for interesting stories
    -It's a plumming object for llama's sake
    -Yeah, okay. Don't care for this but am happy for those who do care
    -The ruins look pretty, but again, that's just a variation of something we already have (partying)
    -There are already way too much skills in this game imo

My facit is that this may include something that can add to my gameplay, but it still sounds pretty lackluster for an EP. If the social group feature isn't like the most complex feature we ever had for a sims game and works absolutely flawless (and the track record for that is pretty bad) i won't be getting this EP or only when it's on sale.

ETA: And the reason i'm concerned about this is that i fear we might get lackluster content with every EP if this one is as empty as it seems and sells well. I do want to get new content that's worth it at some point.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    They're doing EA's bidding.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.