Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the stuff packs worth it?

I have always held off on buying stuff packs. They do not really excite me much. I usually buy them after all or most of the expansions come out.
I kind of wish they where focusing more on getting a new expansion pack out. I hope they are. I mean stuff packs are great, but there is already a third one out. To me they just want us to hash out more money. To me the kitchen stuff should not cost money. I guess I feel like it is not worth it.
It is ok if you disagree. I just want to know if EA is gonna give us something worth the money.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited July 2015
    I own all the content and honestly, my game is just as boring as it was before I bought the expansions and stuff packs. I believe the reason is because of lack of true family play and genuine interest in the Sims themselves. I'm just finding it impossible to get attached to my Sims in such a way that I care enough about them to play with them longer than the new content holds my interest. The "stuff" is simply uninspired in my opinion.

I want a reason to care about my Sims and so far with all of the culling and bugs, the game hasn't given me any. I find that the content is new and shiny for a day or so and then I'm left with the same old Sim I couldn't get attached to in the first place as well as all this "stuff" that they don't have true and believable interaction with.

My Sims have no depth and they all seem like versions of each other. Each time, I buy the content hoping that my Sims will also be more fleshed out, but they are not. I keep going back to Sims 2 & 3 where my Sims truly seem to know and love each other. For me, in those iterations, at least, the added content makes sense because it truly enriches the lives of my Sims and broadens the experience. I could make believe a story and the way the game responded would make it reasonably believable and interesting. I'm struggling to make believe with my Sims 4 content.

I don't regret buying the content, but I don't believe my game as yet has been fully and truly expanded upon since the base game release last year. It's very disappointing.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    I own all the content and honestly, my game is just as boring as it was before I bought the expansions and stuff packs. I believe the reason is because of lack of true family play and genuine interest in the Sims themselves. I'm just finding it impossible to get attached to my Sims in such a way that I care enough about them to play with them longer than the new content holds my interest. The "stuff" is simply uninspired in my opinion.

I want a reason to care about my Sims and so far with all of the culling and bugs, the game hasn't given me any. I find that the content is new and shiny for a day or so and then I'm left with the same old Sim I couldn't get attached to in the first place as well as all this "stuff" that they don't have true and believable interaction with.

My Sims have no depth and they all seem like versions of each other. Each time, I buy the content hoping that my Sims will also be more fleshed out, but they are not. I keep going back to Sims 2 & 3 where my Sims truly seem to know and love each other. For me, in those iterations, at least, the added content makes sense because it truly enriches the lives of my Sims and broadens the experience. I could make believe a story and the way the game responded would make it reasonably believable and interesting. I'm struggling to make believe with my Sims 4 content.

I don't regret buying the content, but I don't believe my game as yet has been fully and truly expanded upon since the base game release last year. It's very disappointing.

Ever thought that maybe it's you that's boring and unimaginative rather than the game.

• Options
    @BESS73,

I'm gong to take the common liberty and courtesy to assume not that you are rude, but that you haven't played the game since day 1 in year 2000. I'll take your ignorant comment and step right over.

After 15 years of gameplay and Sims franchise loyalty, I have the right to voice my opinion.

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    @BESS73,

I'm gong to take the common liberty and courtesy to assume not that you are rude, but that you haven't played the game since day 1 in year 2000. I'll take your ignorant comment and step right over.

After 15 years of gameplay and Sims franchise loyalty, I have the right to voice my opinion.

I do apologise and hope that you can forgive what I said. I know it's not an excuse but I had just got off the phone to my mardy 14 year old son who was complaining once again he was bored :neutral: and then I read your thread and I took my annoyance out on you, as I said I am very sorry.

I enjoy sims 4 because it has made me play outside of what I generally played in sims 3. My building skills for instance are really quite bad but in sims 4 I have found it a lot more enjoyable, also the gallery is brilliant and easy to plonk down a lot, room or household. Atm I have just started the rebuild Newcrest challenge, which is something I would never have tried in sims 3 because of all the building but in sims 4 it's quite fun.
    I always used to play family type sims but I've changed the way I play and tried the serial romantic and master of mischief aspirations and I've really enjoyed it. I used to get stuck in the chaos of the family thing and never leave the house because things always needed doing with kids etc but now I play sims that are out meeting other sims and being evil or mischievous and its just a different way of playing.
    I only ever play for a couple of months and then take a break for a month or read about another challenge that I want to.

It's a shame that you are bored with ts4, hopefully more aspects that you enjoy will be added later.

• Options
    Apology acccepted.

I love building in Sims 4 because it's easy for a terrible builder like me. However, all those gameplay styles you mentioned, I was able to play in previous games. It's not just the family play that I miss. I miss the variety of life in my Sims' experiences. It felt like my Sims before could be anyone, anywhere at any time. And I loved them. I grieved when they died and though I always enjoy starting fresh, I didn't always feel the need to.

Before, I could play several generations of the same Sim family. Now I find I'm disappointed because you can move them out of the house and they don't know each other anymore. There's nothing that connects them together after a while. I was previously able to be very amused by a single Sim and could come up with any number of stories and different lives for them. Now I just feel boxed in. I really enjoy Sims 4 for some things like gardening. It just feels to me like once I've done something with one Sim, I have done it all and further have no true incentive to do it again. I suppose this is repetitiveness. I love imagining and it just feels harder to play outside the box with Sims 4 Sims and content than it was previously.

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I liked Luxury Party better than Patio stuff. It had tons of cool necklaces, and different clothes with effects and I like the gameplay objects more. The hot tub is beautiful but is the only thing I use from perfect patio.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    They would be more worth it if they would bundle stuff packs and games packs together. I was able to get spa day and Patio together for one price.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I don't plan on buying any of the stuff packs.. I was super excited whenever the GTW expansion came out because I was already getting bored. When I saw the advertisement for the camping thing, I at first thought it was a neat idea but I have no intentions of buying it now because all I'm seeing is that it looks like they have added tents and campfires.. not so exciting anymore. Especially for what $10? ..
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I think Perfect Patio is great, I will use all the stuff in it, so it's worth it to me. I haven't bought Luxury Party, going to wait for a big sale to get that one. I like the stuff I've seen so far in the kitchen pack, so I'll probably get that one too. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Merleawe91Merleawe91 Posts: 65 Member
    I currently have a complete game, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the gameplay. I may be easily entertained however I love Sims 4 as much as I did the other 3 games! Also while I do not like the idea of all these stuff packs that have been a business idea since Sims 2, I do think that they add something and are worth the money, at least for me.
    tumblr_mskwyi1Ocl1shsxzto1_500%201_zpsecj1snov.gif
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I do have problems with stuff packs it would be great if the sims really wanted to interact with the stuff and do so on their own but they don't the sims have no soul, I love stuff but what's the use of having it when you get so irked out by the lifeless sims
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I think it depends on your gameplay which stuff pack is worth to buy. I always think before buying a new pack, can I use it? Does my game need this? Luxury party stuff is awfull that's why I didn't buy it. Perfect Patio stuff I bought because I wanted the hot-tubs. I don't know if I buy the kitchen stuff, I don't think it will add something that I will use.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    I've never bought stuff packs till now. Never quite like the idea of them.
    But the sims 4 stuff packs are quite tempting with it offering gameplay items you cant get elsewhere (hot tubs etc)
    So i might buy them if they are on sale.
    As of right now my favourite packs are the gamepacks.
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    @BESS73,

I play the game all the time, and am just giving my opinion. no need to take it the wrong way.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    lilcasscasslilcasscass Posts: 81 Member
    It really depends on the person buying it. Myself, I buy everything because I have a Sims addiction. Most of the time they fall short and don't have much "stuff" in them. Spa Day was perfect, me being a Simmer needing relaxation for my Sims. If you don't like the "plot" or topic of it don't buy it unless you really want to.
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Stuff packs are cheaper then store items for me, and adds the same amount of "fun" for me, so.. if you have extra money and don't mind to spend... but if not, wait some kind of promotion! :D
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    It's enhanced my gameplay, I actually use allot of the items in the Stuff Pack, the Luxury Party Stuff Pack enhances all the parties you make, the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack gives you great new outdoor items and a Hot Tub you could use regularly.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like the Perfect Patio pack but some people, including me, have experiences issues with the hot tubs. It may happen to you to if you get it. Townies never go into the hot tubs on their own. I have to send my Sims to direct them all in, but once they're in you have to keep a conversation going non-stop because they will leave really quick if you don't. So far, I've only seen a total of ONE townie use it (and she was sleeping). I like hot tubs, but I wish this issue was fixed. I thought I'd send my Sim to mingle with townies lounging around in one in community lots, but since they never do...

I dunno if I should get the other stuff pack though. I like getting new kinds of food, but I don't really host parties all that much.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I think the stuffpacks are worth it. First reason: They are cheaper than they were for TS2 and TS3. Second resaon: They add gameplay objects.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Arox312Arox312 Posts: 93 Member
    which ones your interested in?
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    edited August 2015
    I think Sims 3 stuff packs were too overpriced, but Sims 4 stuff packs are okay and they're worth it, if you're interested in the theme. However, in some way stuff packs are always slightly disappointing, because they don't add any major new twists to the game. Since they only include one gameplay item, the possibilities are limited - for example, the only gameplay item in "Cool Kitchen" is the ice cream maker, although there are so much interesting possibilities in kitchen equipment. I prefer game packs, but I think stuff packs are okay as well, because they are priced right.
    Post edited by temes on
  • Options
    KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    Perfect patio stuff is well worth it! I use all of the furniture in the pack a LOT and the hot tubs are the greatest object :smiley:
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I think the stuffpacks are worth it. First reason: They are cheaper than they were for TS2 and TS3. Second resaon: They add gameplay objects.

But at the same time, the quality is lower than TS2 Stuff Packs.

So it's same as TS3 Store content, the only reason to purchase a set is the premium content included inside.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Personally, I regret having bought Luxury Party, all I I've ended up using from there is a hairstyle and a wall light basically.
    Perfect Patio was much worth it for me, I guess it fits more my style.
    For building/decorating purpose some stuff packs can be great.

They are way cheaper than TS3 store and that's a plus in my opinion.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    I always wait until they go on sale.