The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Toddlers

I think Sims 4 should add Toddlers into it's game as an update, maybe even pets. Toddlers is a part of life, and it's not very realistic to jump from being a baby to a child.

Comments

• Options
    DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    I cannot agree with you more
  • Options
    ItsMilkypinkItsMilkypink Posts: 41 Member
    Toddlers honestly don't bother me (although, for a lot of people, I know they do). I'd much prefer for there to be more unique gameplay, like supernaturals. Pets I'm alright with, but toddlers are the least of my concerns. I'd prefer for an EP with all the generations, toddlers and whatnot rolled into one. This is just my opinion though.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    There is no escaping the Toddler threads, lol.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited July 2015
    Toddlers, ABSOLUTELY
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    It's hard. My Simself is expecting, but I don't want her to have the child since there's the awkward skip between baby object and child you can interact with. The stage between the two is missing and makes the whole having kids thing seem really unrealistic to me
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    HaraPlaySimsHaraPlaySims Posts: 15 New Member
    Yeeah, they should really add toddlers.
    They tried to make the game seem more realistic with all these emotions that a sim can change during the day but they just skipped an important stage of life:/
    Maybe we will have toddlers to the next patch? I hope it's not gonna be an expansion..
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    It's hard. My Simself is expecting, but I don't want her to have the child since there's the awkward skip between baby object and child you can interact with. The stage between the two is missing and makes the whole having kids thing seem really unrealistic to me

This ^

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    mwyatt139 wrote: »

very true

it's 1 of the main thing missing if you like family play....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    I miss the toddlers, and I dont. There is definitely too much of an age gap, and I loved being able to watch the toddlers learn to walk and talk! But at the same time, I'm also okay with not having toddlers because toddlers weren't always a thing in the games. Like the first one I played a lot, and there weren't toddlers, and when they did start adding toddlers, it was more of a cute surprise for me.
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    I miss toddlers. I would love to have a baby to play with and see crawl and walk and talk to. I know that I don't wait the whole tree days, to age up my newborn, because I want a child I can interact with, but it feels like something is missing when it goes to kid age immediately.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SakurachaSakuracha Posts: 81 Member
    This is one of the reasons why I played sims 3 more x-x, Like one of the users said here, sims 4 seems less "simmy". I don't understand why they can't add toddlers, it's been 11 months or a year now, you would think that's enough time to create a life stage.
  • Options
    l_mayl_may Posts: 4 New Member
    What would be really cute too besides them adding toddlers and being able to wash them in tubs/sinks, teach them how to walk/talk/potty train, would be those baby chairs that bounce and roll across the floor >3< Would be so cute XD
  • Options
    ZeevahZeevah Posts: 52 Member
    I miss having toddlers! Don't know about washing them in sinks...but in tubs definitely! Other item's to add to I_may's list..toddler beds or cribs, bouncy chairs, strollers, play pens/mats, activity tables, sand boxes, and pool floaters (you know the little floating ring chairs babie's can float in in pools)
  • Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Yes, I miss too toddlers!
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    They should have never been taken out of the game in the first place. So yes they need to put them back in the game as soon as they can. Family players, like me, have already said they will leave this game behind if they don't..so they are risking a lot.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    Toddlers and shorter teens!
    Also a height slider! There is a mod coming out that allows players to adjust character heights....so why is it so hard for EA to develop? Personally I've never wanted to adjust the foot size of a sim but I can so why not their height?
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I think Sims 4 should add Toddlers into it's game as an update, maybe even pets. Toddlers is a part of life, and it's not very realistic to jump from being a baby to a child.
    OMG,... How is it possible that no one has thought of this before? I swear I haven't seen no one mention that at all, and it's been a full year since the game release. worthy.gifsmiley-sad008.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Windely wrote: »
    OMG,... How is it possible that no one has thought of this before? I swear I haven't seen no one mention that at all, and it's been a full year since the game release. worthy.gifsmiley-sad008.gif

Its been thought of.

But the thing is, What if toddlers aren't fleshed out, what if they aren't appealing? I don't want to be forced to endure something that doesn't have a lot of content, and doesn't look good.

I think a Free DLC pack like they Did the Holiday Pack back in December. that way I skip it if I don't like what I see. Sure I can age them up right away but that's just more work.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    The game is very unrealistic. First we get given this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 baby object device. Then that jumps into a child (🐸🐸🐸🐸?) and that turns into a incredibly lanky large teenager. Yo, Sims 4 Studio... sort it out please.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    wboyd323wboyd323 Posts: 25 Member
    The only kids in this game that are worth something are the "child" stage and even then, they could be expanded upon. Babies aren't even worth mentioning.. they're pitiful and basically just a item in buy mode. Like a chair. The babies are like a purchased chair over there in the corner, with 4 color swatches, that sometimes cries.

Then we have child, like I said, they are decent. No real complaints, as I'm sure they will be expanded upon in the future.

Is it a Teen? Or is it an Adult? Who can really tell? There is nothing special about them. They look the every other Sim in town and have almost the exact same interactions available. I mean, I guess we should be thankful they even exist, really. I could completely see the developers going from child to adult, because that seems to be the logic they used when deciding to go from infant to a 10 year old.

Give us toddlers! Untie babies! Make teens at least a LITTLE special! Pay attention to the family players, ya know... the ones that have been with you from the beginning. That'd be great.
  • Options
    DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    Agreed
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    It will be interesting to see how they pull this off if they do.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    There is no escaping the Toddler threads, lol.

i agree with you.
  • Options
    HeyImSkittlezHeyImSkittlez Posts: 1 New Member
    It is very unrealistic to go from newborn to being an 8 year old. Toddlers would fix that age gap a little. I'm a family player so I just age up my babies straight away since you can't really do anything with them. I would really love if toddlers were added to not only fix the age gap, but to also to make it more realistic. I mean, it's pretty much a life simulator, right?