The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids being able to flirt with other kids

I honestly think it'd be so so so so cute, if kids could flirt with kids then be all embarrassed about it after as an update. :) <3

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    bad idea i do not went such a feature in my game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    edited July 2015
    i think it would be so cute if they were able to have crushes and flirt. :p
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    For once I agree with Memina.
    Just no.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    We actually get school chance cards like "X found a note in his school bag saying U R CUTE. Should X find who wrote it?".

Idk I'm on the fence with this one.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,362 Member
    There is a reason why this isn't in the game and the reason goes by the name of Jack Thompson. He attacked TS2 for what was in it or more or less, what was coded in and what the mods made for the game.. Go look up his name and you can see what he said about TS2.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,657 Member
    We actually get school chance cards like "X found a note in his school bag saying U R CUTE. Should X find who wrote it?".

Idk I'm on the fence with this one.
    Yeah, I think that chance card is enough.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Just no.

Yeah, same.

I think kids should focus on school and on having fun. Let teens have crushes and boyfriends/girlfriends.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I honestly think it'd be so so so so cute, if kids could flirt with kids then be all embarrassed about it after as an update. :)

What??? Just no! :dizzy:

YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I think I'd rather my sim kids just be kids. Perhaps leave the crushes to a pre-teen life stage, which I hope we'll get someday.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Hmm no I'm not very fond of that idea. I wouldn't like to see children flirt. Having a simple crush might work but flirting is a whole different scenario. Children don't and shouldn't know how to flirt.
  • Options
    212083620212083620 Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think it's a cute idea, they shouldn't kiss or mess around of course but I think if they could like flirt or compliment each other or even kiss on the cheek it would be good, don't say it's a bad idea it's only children..
    Add me on Origin: SimSmiler
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    Childhood crushes are a normal part of growing up, http://www.parents.com/kids/development/friends/how-to-handle-your-childs-first-crush/

But I think EA probably won't do that, its liable to send the wrong message to consumers.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Childhood crushes are a normal part of growing up, http://www.parents.com/kids/development/friends/how-to-handle-your-childs-first-crush/

But I think EA probably won't do that, its liable to send the wrong message to consumers.

this is why pre-teens must be added.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No. I just want the kids to be kids. No flirting.
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I think I'd rather my sim kids just be kids. Perhaps leave the crushes to a pre-teen life stage, which I hope we'll get someday.

This - the child life stage to me is somewhere between 6-10. I'd rather not see flirting in that age range. Preteens, if introduced, would be a different story (within certain limits of course).
  • Options
    DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    It's different is kids could have their first crush or something along those lines but flirting is a little weird.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    This would be a sweet fit if they introduce preteens, as suggested in the Generations description in the EP survey that was seen recently. Otherwise, I think it would increase the jarring we already have going from baby to child.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    212083620 wrote: »
    I think it's a cute idea, they shouldn't kiss or mess around of course but I think if they could like flirt or compliment each other or even kiss on the cheek it would be good, don't say it's a bad idea it's only children..

No, save it for teens and preteens caught between a kid and a teenager when crushes do develop. I would prefer they spend their money and time on kids playing tag, hide and seek, play ball, play hopscotch, play Red Rover anything physical together. There is enough 'social' in this game as it is.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Someone posted a light-hearted kid crush concept a little while ago that could work, you might be interested : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841864/childhood-crushes-nothing-serious-but-a-tiny-idea/

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,951 Member
    I had a crush on a boy as early as first grade. I may have had a crush on a different boy in kindergarten (or maybe it was the same boy), but that was so very long ago I can't quite recall. Also, I'm not sure full-scale flirting would be in order. Usually, kids do have crushes, but way, way back, for instance, a boy would dip a girl's braid into the ink well when he liked her. They just didn't know how to behave. So, if flirting between children were to be incorporated, it would have to be funny, mean types of behavior. And, if a child is particularly brave, he may steal a quick kiss on her cheek! But, that's about the extent it should be.
    I know, I know, today's children know so much more, but that doesn't excuse it, nor make it right.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just no.

Yeah, same.

I think kids should focus on school and on having fun. Let teens have crushes and boyfriends/girlfriends.

Crushes and love do not only belong to adults or hormones, it is very much a feeling that a child may feel. It has nothing to do with sexuality, so it is nothing that a child "shouldn't focus on" and instead be "doing something else". I loved deeply (as deeply as was possible) when I was 7, 9 and 11. I have been loved by a boy when I was 7 and he was 10. It was all wonderful and fun, nothing adult or sad. But very strong and pure feelings. It did not rob me of my childhood. I was still the last one of my girlfriends to have the first kiss (at 15).
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just no.

Yeah, same.

Crushes and love do not only belong to adults or hormones, it is very much a feeling that a child may feel. It has nothing to do with sexuality, so it is nothing that a child "shouldn't focus on" and instead be "doing something else". I loved deeply (as deeply as was possible) when I was 7, 9 and 11. I have been loved by a boy when I was 7 and he was 10. It was all wonderful and fun, nothing adult or sad. But very strong and pure feelings. It did not rob me of my childhood. I was still the last one of my girlfriends to have the first kiss (at 15).

but isn't it then some thing ells than flirting that would be right to add?

maybe crushes, and child friendly ways to express it, and if both sims got a crush they can become heartfriends...

jsut I fear if we call it flirting and things like that EA goes to fare, as they still havn't adressed the incest bug.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Isn't this already possible with the incest glitch? I mean I see threads of parents flirting with children and having romantic feelings towards them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller