Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freedom and Treason *Cancelled due to school*

StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
Chapter 1: Freedom and Treason

midnight.png

The moon sat high in the sky over the quiet town of Willow Creek as most of the populace slept, unaware of the newcomers their town was about to receive. If anyone had been out that evening, and had happened to walk by that one particular cul-de-sac, and had been looking in the right direction then they would likely have been confused at the sight of the two women who seemed to materialize out of the air. The events that would follow would likely have confused them as well though none of that matters as there were no witnesses to the events that were about to occur, and even if there were they wouldn't remember them by morning.

As said the two women simply appeared, materialized out of thin air on that quiet sidewalk though the conversation they were having had been going on for a while.

this-is-treason.png

"You realize this is treason" The woman in purple said her lip curled in irritation as the woman in red didn't seem to be heeding her warning.

"You've told me this many times."

"Yet you don't seem to be listening."

"Because I don't care."

"You should care, if the elders ever heard about this do you realize what they would do."

"Yes, but I'm still going to do it anyway."

The woman in purple caught the woman in red by the arm forcing her to stop and face her.

"Do you hear yourself, you're going against everything our people stand for and possibly jeopardizing our entire culture. This is treason."

this-is-freedom.png

The woman in red simply smiled, unperturbed by the other woman's persistence.

"You're not going to change my mind. I've made my decision."

"And are you willing to face the consequences for this decision. The consequences this may have for our people."

"I'm not going to bring harm to our people. I will be careful, that is why we are using these to speak" the woman in red replied tapping at the tiny orb hanging around her neck. "I'm not seeking to hurt anyone, I only want my freedom."

"You were free. Nobody back home enslaved you."

The woman in red though was done listening as she turned to face the empty lot in front of her. Glancing from side to side to make sure the coast was clear before tapping a finger to the orb at her neck.

apartment.png

Suddenly in front of her sat a building sitting there for all to see as though it had always been there.

"You see right there you contradict your own words" the women in purple stated still not willing to let the argument go. "You expect the people of this world not to take note of a building suddenly standing where there wasn't one before."

"I'm being careful. I will make sure to alter the peoples minds when I'm finished. They will believe that this building has always stood here."

"They will still know somethings off, the building stands out like a sore thumb among the rest of the houses. This is a residential area, even if they feel like it was always there they will still feel like something is off that this kind of building is even here.

"Fine" replied the woman in red again tapping at the orb.

modern.png

And with that a new building took the place of the previous one.

"Is that better. A residential house."

The woman in purple groaned. "This is exactly the problem. You are so set on this but you don't have the understanding to actually do it. You are going to bring attention to our people. This is trea...."

"Yes, yes, I heard you the first thousand times. I don't see what's wrong with this house. It's a residential building to match the residential area."

"It still stands out."

"It's fine. I've looked up some stuff on this world. It's called 'modern.' It's supposed to stand out."

"Not this much."

The woman in red grimaced as she again tapped the orb in resignation.

close-enough.png

And with that tap a third building materialized taking the place of the second.

"Satisfied?" the women in red said irritably.

The women in purple grimaced. The house still stood out but she couldn't find any major fault to use in her continued attempt to talk the other woman out of this.

"I guess it's close enough, but now what? You're just going to alter the minds of the entire population? Do you realize the energy that kind of manipulation will require. It will be like a beacon to the elders."

The women in red grinned knowingly at the other woman's words. "The elders won't know about it, I know you switched off the sensor before coming after me."

The women in purple stammered as she tried to come up with a response. "How... how did you know."

"Because I know you. You don't want me brought before the elders. You don't desire to see me punished for the crimes you repeatedly have reminded me I have committed. You simply want me to return, but that is something I will not do."

this-isnt-our-home.png

The women in purple's mind was drawing a blank, she was quickly running out of arguments to try and convince the other woman out of this.

"Please, you must reconsider. This plan is foolish even you must see that, and if we go through with it we may not be able to return home."

"We?" The woman replied with a raised eyebrow and a playful grin.

"You know what I mean, it's this ridiculous translator. It seems to be having trouble comprehending my words." The woman in purple said defensively. This isn't our home, our home is back with our people, back with the elders. Please just give up on this and lets go back."

i-dont-want-to-go-home.png

"I don't want to go back" The woman in red replied. "This is my home now. Here where I am free."

"I told you already, you were free."

"No I wasn't. And I will never be free if I return. I've made up my mind."

The woman in purple sighed realizing that she wasn't going to talk her out of this. She groaned rubbing at her temple slightly before breathing a sigh of resignation.

"Okay then, I guess we'll just have to hope the Elders don't find out."

The woman in reds eyebrows rose again at the comment.

"Well I can't just leave you alone here. Someone needs to make sure you don't bring attention to our people. Plus.... I don't know how to put it in this language. It would be weird without you around."

hug.png

The woman in red grinned in delight as she wrapped her arms around the other woman. The woman in purple stiffened at the response.

"What are you doing?"

"It's called a hug, its a human thing. A gesture of happiness or comfort between a pair of people. In this case happiness."

"Well can you stop."

The woman in red pulled back but her smile still stretched across her face.

"Well then, lets go inside" said the woman in red.

"Don't forget...."

"Oh right." the women in red responded touching her finger back to the orb and focusing. A second later she released the orb. "There, nobody will notice anything odd in the morning. They will simply believe this house has always been here and that we are simply new residents who just moved in."

inside.png

With that taken care of the two women headed inside. With a sigh as she looked at the new place where they would be living the woman in purple breathed a conflicted sigh, half in shock that she was actually going along with this.

The woman in red glanced out the window making sure the coast was clear before turning and signaling to the other woman that it was safe.

with a sigh of relief the woman in purple released her disguise, the woman in red shortly after following suit.

remove-disguise.png

And as the disguises faded there they stood in their new home, in a new world. Two strangers to this planet who had just committed treason.

That's it for this chapter. Thank you for reading. Also here are a couple bonus images just to make it clear which alien has which disguise.

sola.png

luna.png

Post edited by StoriedStorm on

Comments

• Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I love Gwen and Cassie's story and now we get spoiled by TWO stories from you?!! I can't fully express how excited I am!! Yayyyyyyy!!!! I'M THRILLED!!!! I love this mysterious start! :)

*hugs you and giggles in excitement*
  • Options
    Wait!! 3 Stories!! Yay!!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Wait!! 3 Stories!! Yay!!

Three? I only have two stories.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Just to let people know this story is going to continue. My plan is to release updates each Saturday plus sometimes during the week when I have extra time. This weekend will be delayed slightly because I fell behind on my other story due to technical difficulties (game glitch causing my Sims children to be taken away causing me to reload and replay) but I will get another chapter for Freedom and Treason up tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Chapter 2: What have I done?

still-awake.png

She knew her now roommate was already revitalizing but as she lay there in the darkness she was not. What have I done, she kept thinking to herself. How could I just turn on our culture like that? It should have been so easy. Just leave her for the fool she was. Go home, let the elders bring the other woman back and allow her to face punishment for the crimes she had committed. It was that easy. Why had she not just done that? But she knew she couldn't. As much as she wanted to go home she just couldn't have left the other woman here on her own or to the elders as justified as their punishment would be. Any other member of their people would have been able to do it, but she couldn't.

uncomfortable.png

She shifted uncomfortably as she lay there. Both from the strange cloth that was draped over the apparatus she was lying on and from the thoughts going through her head. The two had known each other as long as she could recall. They had come into existence at the same gene facility, they'd been trained in the same learning group, their pod rooms for revitalization had been right next to each other. But it had gone beyond just the vicinity to each other. Over their lifespans of always being near each other they had become acquainted, and as the historian and tech groups frequently worked together on projects the two had even worked together. She had been the first the other woman had told of this new world she was studying. She had been the one that had first learned of the other woman's fascination with this new culture. And the day before she had been the one that the other woman had come to say goodbye to.

There had been a bond between them, born of being around each other and talking to each other. It was an unusual thing for their people, most never stayed around a singular other woman long enough for this kind of bond to form. She didn't even know a word to describe it though the translator since arriving had kept trying to translate it in her mind as "friend" though she still didn't quite know what that meant. All she knew was that it was a weakness. It was the weakness that somehow prevented her from doing what any other member of her people would do. The weakness that made her dread the thought of the other woman suddenly not being there. The weakness that had made it so that she could now never go home.

marks.png

She shifted around even more. Her arms hanging haphazardly across the surface she lay on, unsure how exactly to hold them outside of the suspension of her revitalization pod. As she tried to figure out the proper way to hold her arms she ran her fingers along the marks that stretched across her upper body. Staring at them gave her a slight comfort. Every one of their people shared these marks, they were a bit of home that she still had. That and the device around her neck that had once served a wide variety of functions, now limited to a handful of basic ones limited to exploration of foreign worlds. If she focused she could feel the way the tech in it connected to her natural telepathy, another thing all her people shared, another reminder of home.

feigns-sleep.png

As she continued to lay there she heard the other womanget up. She closed her eyes feigning the same revitalization the other woman had been doing earlier. She didn't want to talk right now, she just wanted to somehow go home, go back to how things were, to step out of her pod and open her door to go to her work with the tech group and see the other woman heading off to the historian group. She just wanted to go back to how things had been.

different-view-through-the-window.png

After the other woman had left the room she sat up staring out the window as this worlds star rose over the horizon, highlighting a myriad of colors and sights that just further enhanced the realization that this wasn't home. Meanwhile unfamiliar sounds drifted through the walls as the other woman likely was testing out the various objects in the house. That was the other part she just didn't get, how was the other woman so comfortable with all of this. She'd always seemed fine with their world, at least until she'd started studying this one, that was when everything had started to change.

youve-got-to-try-this1.png

Suddenly the other woman hurried into the room and spotted her sitting up before she could return to her feigned revitalization.

"You've got to try this. It's amazing."

"There's this room in the house called a bathroom I've read about where the people here wash themselves. I tried it out and this substance in the bathroom made the water all foamy on top and it feels amazing to just sit in it. You have to try it."

She looked up at the other woman only half hearing what she was saying, her mind running over all the confusion and worry she'd been thinking all night. The other woman seemed to notice this and paused her talking to look at her quizzically.

"Are you alright?"

Forced to say something she said the most basic concept of the many in her mind. "We can never go back now."

The other woman stared for a second a slight frown on her face "I told you last night, I don't want to go back. I like it here."

"I don't think I do" she replied.

"That's because you haven't tried it. Give it a chance. I've been studying this place for a few cycles and there is just so much to see here."

come-on-ill-show-you.png

"Come on" The other woman said her face brightening "I'll show you. First I have to show you this foam stuff in the bathroom and we'll get you cleaned up. Then we'll go explore the town. Just give it a chance and I know you'll love it."

She thought about protesting but she didn't really know what else to do. She couldn't go home. Maybe the other woman was right and she would grow to like this world though as she took one last glance out the window at the strange terrain outside before being dragged off towards the bathroom she doubted it.

And that's it for this update, thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This is so intriguing! Oh the controversy! :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is so intriguing! Oh the controversy! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

• Options
    I love reading how these two are experiencing our world. Basic things we do like sleep and shower, it's interesting to see things through their eyes. :) Great chapter.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Chapter 3: Luna and Sola

running-ahead.png

Luna fidgeted uncomfortably as she walked down the main street of town. Under Sola's persistence she had given in and tried this worlds washing methods. To be honest it hadn't felt bad though she couldn't help but question what was so excited about when the pods back home served the same purpose without the added hassel. As she thought this Luna's eyes glanced ahead trying to keep track of Sola as she rushed ahead excitedly.

sola-and-luna.png

That was the other thing that she was still getting used to. Sola and Luna Frey. Those were there new names, another concept she still didn't see the necessity of.

meeting-the-neighbor.png

The subject had come up as Sola had lead her out of the house determined to show her how amazing this world was. As they had walked outside they had been greeted by one of the neighbors. He had commented on seeing the moving people dropping their stuff off the day before, that had been a relief as it had shown that the alteration of the neighborhoods memories had been successful. He had then introduced himself as Howard Rainer and looked at them for a response.

Luna had been thrown off by this, she realized quickly enough that apparently the people of this world used names to refer to each other, likely due to the lack of telepathy and the ease with which it allowed for communication without the necessity of such practices. Before she'd had a chance to come up with a reasonable response though Sola had stepped in. Luna and Sola she'd replied, quickly adding Frey at the end to follow the same style that the man's had followed.

At that point he'd asked if they were sisters and again Sola was the first to reply as she said no, likely due to the fact that she probably didn't know what sisters meant as their translators didn't seem to have a match for the word in their language.

nothing-wrong-with-that.png

At this point the man had stared at them with an odd look. Luna had gotten nervous at that point, had he figured out what they were? Had Sola somehow let something slip. But then something had seemed to click in his head and he'd just laughed and responded "Well there's nothing wrong with that, love is love after all."

After that he'd said goodbye and wished to Sola that she and her "wife" have a good day, another phrase that Luna hadn't recognized.

excited.png

But there hadn't been time to think on it much as the newly dubbed Sola had returned to her plan of them exploring the town together. And that had lead to where they were as Sola rushed ahead excitedly seemingly trying to look at everything at once as Luna followed at a more reasonable pace behind her.

first-stop-museum.png

The pair had already been through the museum. Sola had found it fascinating to look at what were listed on the signs as paintings, showcasing various images that Sola was already wishing to see for real some day.

intrigued-by-gym.png

Now though Sola had suddenly become distracted by the building next door as she stared at the variety of intriguing devices that were being used by various people inside.

your-wearing-the-wrong-clothes.png

"Stop your, not dressed appropriately for this" Luna hissed at her companion as Sola darted inside wanting to try one of the machines. Luna had noticed the attire the other patrons were wearing, particularly the fact that they all fit a style which Sola's outfit did not, and the last thing she wanted was to risk their real forms to be revealed over such a silly looking device. But the excitable woman was not listening as she hopped on.

slip.png

Her attempt was short lived however. After tapping several buttons on the panel at the front of the machine the device suddenly moved under her quickly pulling Sola's feet right out from under her to the amusement of many of the people around them.

Now shaking her head and not wanting to risk any further commotion Luna lead her companion out of the building as they continued down the row of buildings away from the bizarre machines.

library.png

The next building however Sola had no question of it's contents. The library as this world referred to it was a place Sola had taken particular interest in when she'd first started studying this planet and had regaled Luna on numerous times as she had dreamt of getting the opportunity to explore the information packed inside.

It had been fitting that Sola had been assigned to a position as a historian back home. Despite her scatter brained nature, especially since coming to this new world, she had always been a quick study on any subject she set herself in front of.

reading-and-watching.png

But Luna couldn't complain to much as she watched her companion settle down with a book she'd randomly pulled off one of the shelves, alternating between reading and watching the other people in the room. Likely trying to compare whatever she was reading about to the real life behavior around her. At the very least this would help them avoid detection or worse possibly jeopardizing their people back home.

we-had-books-back-home.png

As Luna stared at the shelves full of books herself though she still didn't understand why Sola was so interested in this world to begin with, especially to warrant turning her back on their culture. They had plenty of material back home for her to read, and if she had absolutely needed to read about this world they could have easily found a way to procure some for her to read back on their own planet as part of her research.

gone-and-panicked.png

As she turned away from the shelves though Luna suddenly felt panicked as she realized that Sola wasn't where she had been a second ago, in fact she wasn't anywhere to be seen in the library.

Fear and worry rushed through Luna's mind. Had her companion simply run off? Had someone taken her? Could it be the elders quick to retaliate after the betrayal they had committed?

Worst of all though was simply the realization that Sola was gone. She'd committed treason against her people all for some strange desire to not lose Sola from her life and now that might very well be occurring anyway.

sigh-of-relief.png

She felt a wave of relief however as she spotted Sola through one of the windows as she hurried towards something away from the library.

enamored.png

Luna hurried out of the building in pursuit of her companion wondering what in the world Sola had seen that had caused her to run off like that. As she turned the corner she saw the young woman had stopped off in the middle of an open expanse and was now just staring around her, though at what Luna couldn't figure out.

isnt-it-amazing.png

As Luna approached Sola turned to her a wide grin spread across her face. "Isn't it amazing"

"What" Luna said confused still unsure what exactly her companion had hurried out to see.

"All of this" the blonde replied gesturing around her. "It's so beautiful. We don't have anything like this on our planet."

"Is this what you came here for?" Luna said perplexed. "This is why you are putting our people at risk?"

"No" the blonde replied defensively. "It's not just that.... there's just so much here, a life I could never have back there."

"What couldn't you have" Luna replied in frustration. "I don't see what there is here that is worth throwing our lives away."

"Well you didn't have to come!" Sola replied loudly. "I never asked you to come with me, I simply told you I was going and you chose to stay."

Luna's face contorted slightly, Sola was right she could have just gone home and the conflicting thoughts from that morning returned to her mind.

"I know" she replied meekly. "Look I just don't get it. I see no logical reason that you would go this far for.... this. I believe that you see something about this place that I'm not but...... I just am not seeing it, and I'm starting to doubt whether I made the right choice."

luna-doesnt-understand.png

Sola stared at her companion frustrated at both the fact that Luna wasn't seeing what she saw and the fact that it felt like the other woman was blaming her for all of this.

"Luna I....."

"Just don't bother" Luna said a bit more bitterly than she intended. "I just want to go home."

With that she turned and started back in the direction of their house despite the fact that both of them understood that wasn't what Luna had meant by home.
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    I panicked as well when Sola disappeared. I thought she had been found and taken away. I like reading how they are observing and experiencing Earth. Another great chapter. :)
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    I love how Luna is like a child, wanting to explore and try out everything without really knowing why. Sola I feel sorry for, love is never an easy thing to understand and it is sometimes hard to bear, especially being thrust into a whole new world you are unfamiliar with and have no intention of ever understanding or liking. Loved it! :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I love how Luna is like a child, wanting to explore and try out everything without really knowing why. Sola I feel sorry for, love is never an easy thing to understand and it is sometimes hard to bear, especially being thrust into a whole new world you are unfamiliar with and have no intention of ever understanding or liking. Loved it! :)

I know! I love this, too. It's so neat to see thing through their eyes, and it was really brilliant to have the two opposing views for each of them. I'll be interested to see how their views change through their experiences.

Also, your Sims are so gorgeous. I don't know how you do it, but you always seem to have the most soulful Sims.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @KitDragonFlight @CathyTea Thanks, though just to point out you have Sola and Luna backwards. An easy way to remember is that Luna (moon) reflects night, she wears darker tones, dark hair, has the dark blue skin and her personality tends to run more serious and "cold" so to speak. Sola (sun) reflects day, she wears brighter tones has, blonde hair, white skin, and tends to be brighter in personality and more cheerful.
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    @KitDragonFlight @CathyTea Thanks, though just to point out you have Sola and Luna backwards. An easy way to remember is that Luna (moon) reflects night, she wears darker tones, dark hair, has the dark blue skin and her personality tends to run more serious and "cold" so to speak. Sola (sun) reflects day, she wears brighter tones has, blonde hair, white skin, and tends to be brighter in personality and more cheerful.

Woops sorry! For some reason I think Luna is a more cheerful and happy name so my mind got mixed up! :blush:
  • Options
    dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    Wow! You are a fantastic writer! I love how you build up the suspense and weirdness two aliens would feel. And giggles at the sister/wife confusion!

Looking forwards for more to come on Luna and Sola!
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 4: Miserable

luna-retreated3.png

Sola stared sadly towards the bedroom door from where she stood in the kitchen. After their trip around town and their subsequent argument Luna had disappeared into the bedroom and hadn't emerged throughout the remainder of the afternoon. Part of Sola wanted to go in and talk to her companion but could figure out what she would say. She could tell that Luna was unhappy, she didn't want to be on this world, she wanted to be back with their people.... and Sola knew that Luna blamed her for the fact that she couldn't return.

That had frustrated Sola when they were by the water storage facility behind the library. How could it be her fault when Luna had chosen to stay, she hadn't asked her to come along in the first place..... But as the afternoon had stretched on and nothing but silence had come out from the bedroom that irritation had turned to sadness. She really wanted Luna to see what she saw about this world. To realize why this place was so special and why she couldn't bear to go back to where they'd come from. Instead her companion was miserable and despite any auxiliary choices along the way this whole thing had been Sola's idea at the very start leaving her partly responsible.

need-to-eat3.png

Eventually though she knew she had to do something. More time had passed and she still hadn't heard anything from Luna and without their pods she knew that there was only so long her companion would last tucked back in their bedroom.

As she entered the room she saw Luna lying there, she could tell that the dark toned alien wasn't asleep and was fully aware of her presence but despite that Luna remained silent, seemingly unwilling to even speak to Sola after their previous argument.

Not knowing what to really say Sola decided to go with the obvious "You need to eat. Without our pods you're going to die if you just stay here like this."

"And whose fault is that" snapped Luna.

The words hurt Sola as she stared sadly at her companion who was just staring blankly at the wall but at the same time she couldn't just let things go on like this. She'd known Luna since they were younglings and she wasn't going to just stand and watch her waste away.

Sola walked over and sat at the foot of the bed, staring down at Luna until she finally gave in and sat up where they could look each other in the eyes.

"I am sorry" Sola said softly. "I never meant for this to make you so unhappy. I didn't even expect you would come along. But I couldn't just stay there."

"Why not!" Luna replied almost shouting again, lowering her voice as she saw Sola flinch from the sudden yell. "What do you see in this place. Everything was fine back home. The elders were pleased with what you'd accomplished with your research and if you really wanted they could have brought anything you wanted to study be it books plant life or anything else you could want."

im-sorry2.png

"They couldn't give me anything I could want..... I wish I could explain but there just aren't words for it in our language. There's just something about this world. I'm free here."

"You keep saying that but I don't understand. You were free back home. I know you've seen slaves and imprisonment, that culture we studies before this one was rife with it and our world has none of that, how can you say that isn't free?

"It's not that kind of freedom" Sola said frustratedly wishing she could figure out a way to explain it. "I just can't explain it. It's more like a feeling."

"I just don't understand" Luna replied grumpily.

"What about you" Sola asked turning the questioning around back at Luna. "Why did you follow me, I mean I know you wanted to stop me but why did you stay if you were happy with our people?"

Luna's face was now the one to scrunch up. She'd asked herself that question so many times since they'd arrived the night before. "I'm not really sure." She replied. "Part of me honestly thinks I should have just gone back. But like I said last night, it would be weird without you around, we've know each other so long that I just had this feeling that I didn't want you to just be gone, only to see you again in front of the elders for judgement."

"Are you so sure that's how this will end?"

"No, now it will be both of us being judged." Luna replied bluntly.

"I really am sorry. But maybe things will work out. At least come out and have something to eat. Though just so you know it's a bit different here, nutrients are consumed through the mouth rather than the skin as our pods provided. If you really don't want to go out there though I can bring you something."

"No, I'll come out." Luna replied as she stood up.

book-case3.png

As she headed toward the kitchen Luna was surprised as she opened the door to find what looked to be on of the shelves from the library standing outside the door.

"Oh Sorry" Sola said. "I knew that people on this planet took nutrients orally but I wasn't sure how that worked so I needed to read up on it." As she said this she gestured to a tale nearby where a large stack of books were sitting a couple of which were still lying left open.

Luna just shook her head as they moved around the shelf towards the kitchen.

"I made something called grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm not familiar with the way the prepare nutrients here so I decided to go with something that seemed simple."

still-tense2.png

The two sat down opposite each other at the small table in the kitchen as Sola placed a plate with one of the sandwiches in front of Luna.

"Aren't you going to eat" Luna asked awkwardly not familiar with this kind of gathering since for them nutrients were simply absorbed in their rejuvenation pods at night.

"I kind of ate already" Sola replied just as unfamiliar with this kind of custom. "The books recommended that the person preparing the nutrients should taste as they go to test quality."

"Taste?"

"It's related to the oral method of consumption. It's actually quite an interesting sensation. Try some and you'll see." Sola said, traces of her usual excitement popping up as she spoke.

i-know-its-my-fault1.png

But as she sat there in the awkward silence as Luna cautiously took a bite of the sandwich her feelings of guilt returned.

"I do realize it's my fault, for you being stuck here. And I know you probably hate me for that.....

its-not-your-fault1.png

"I don't hate you" Luna cut in setting the sandwich down on her plate as she swallowed the bite she'd taken. "And it's not all your fault. I did choose to stay whether I'm completely happy with that decision or not. Regardless of any of that though I'm here now and I don't have the option to go back so I'll just have to learn to manage."

"Don't worry" she added seeing the deepening look of sorrow on Sola's face. "I'm sure I'll get used to all of this eventually and it won't be so bad. The nutrients aren't bad at least even if it's kind of weird having to consume them orally."

Sola smiled slightly as she watched her companion finish the sandwich.

not-alright2.png

But later that night as the two settled in to sleep as she watched Luna drift off to sleep she knew that had been a lie. Luna was miserable and even Sola could tell that her companion had little real hope in her of ever growing to like this world.

And that's it for this chapter. Thank you for reading :)

• Options
    SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Just found this! Couldn't stop reading!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • Options
    SNDGIRL wrote: »
    Just found this! Couldn't stop reading!

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    To let everyone know I am starting a schedule for my three main stories (Lockwood Legacy, this, and Freedom and Treason). More details can be found at the bottom of the first post of my Story master thread through my banner.
  • Options
    And while I was planning to finally get back to this it seems school felt differently. I got an email from my internship instructor which basically notified me that my free time is gone aside from Saturday morning before work and Sundays. With that in mind I realized I could only keep up with one story and I decided to stick with my Lockwood Legacy instead. I am really sorry especially since I had just said I was going to get this story going again but this is how it ended up :(
  • Options
    SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    And while I was planning to finally get back to this it seems school felt differently. I got an email from my internship instructor which basically notified me that my free time is gone aside from Saturday morning before work and Sundays. With that in mind I realized I could only keep up with one story and I decided to stick with my Lockwood Legacy instead. I am really sorry especially since I had just said I was going to get this story going again but this is how it ended up :(

It's ok! One story by you is plenty! Now I don't feel as spoiled!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg