Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shoud I Just Go Ahead And Buy The 'World of Wonder Carousel Venue'?

I have become one of the lucky people who sees the ads almost constantly - I have been getting 400 to 500 points every day. Right now I have over 9,800 Sim points saved up. If I were to buy everything on my wish-list at full price it would cost me about 12,400 but I assume I will be able to get some of it on Make-Me-An-Offer. The thing is that 1) I don't know if the last two venues ever show up on MMAO or on the Daily Deal and 2) there are a few things in the Store that I think are hideous and I really don't want in my game - that that 12,400 figure isn't for everything else in the Store, just the stuff I want.

Actually, I would like to be able to buy everything at a discount so that I have extra points to gift with - or even enough to hold a contest so that the players who don't see the ads can get some stuff, too. But I don't know how patient I should be. I have owns everything that I have seen offered on the Daily Deal for the last two or three weeks - but I'm not up at 2:00 AM, so I might be missing a few things. And MMAO is usually a waste of time because it offers me sets that I can get cheaper through CYS or simply don't want.

I know I am suffering from an embarrassment of riches, but I'd appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Comments

• Options
    JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    You should definitely get that one. The cotton candy and popcorn machines are so cool, as is the carousel. I've got almost all the venues now - awesome!
  • Options
    SimeowlarSimeowlar Posts: 14 New Member
    The WoW Carousel does show up on the Daily Deal, that's how I bought it (it was only 969 points too, almost 50% off - quite a bargain! :D) Like everything else in the store it should show up again eventually, though with a wallet as full as yours, it may be worth it to purchase the set now. It all depends on what you value more, simpoints or time. If it's simpoints, wait for the deal; if it's time, splurge and enjoy the venue! C:
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    On principle I never buy any on it's regular price any more. Not when I know I will eventually be able to buy it at a sale price. It does come up on the DD, but I'm not sure about the MMAO or Sale page.

You should check the DD thread and see when it will come up next, then set yourself a reminder. That's how I had to do it. But it worked.

The Carousel, she is now mine. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I was curious so I just went and looked for you. It's going to be on the DD at #578. We're currently on #437 and they each take 2 hours. So you have a little while to wait. If my math is even sort of right, it's around 11 days from now that it will be back. There's a spreadsheet somewhere that you can figure out exact times. Or you can ask them over on the DD thread, they might be able to help you figure it out.

Then it's up to you if you want to wait, and possibly set an alarm in the middle of the night to get up and get it. It's going to be 1045 points btw, it's a 45% off discount. It's not the best deal, but I'd say it's worth it. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Word of advice if you are, or plan on being a celebrity DO NOT put the carousel on your home lot.The paparazzi will be on your property asking you to ride it constantly.Your sims will cancel actions to do so, it is very annoying.That is the only issue with the carousel,I love it and Sims look cute on it and it makes great screenshots. o:)

Screenshot-102_zpsvm36vpls.jpg

Screenshot-107_zpsb5spqdlv.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Thanks everyone. I will probably wait for it, at least for now. I'm doing the MMAO-thing and sometimes I get an okay offer - but every time they offer me a set the 'discount' is way more than I would pay with CYS. Oh, well, what can you do? I'll keep grabbing all the ads that I ca (they are acting wonky today) and maybe I'll be able to hold contest so I can share the wealth.
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2015
    For the Daily Deal:
    Here is the Daily Deal list. Scroll down to 578, look to the right for your time zone.
    (Note: this set is not eligible for CYS. )
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes this is a must have especially since it comes with the carousel.
  • Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    OMG you have that many points just from the ads??!! I click the popup when I'm on the site (maybe once a week), I'm going to have to start trolling the store for points for the stuff I want. Won't have spare money for a while for, sis is getting married soon so I need all my extra money for my bridesmaid dress and etc.
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I would not buy a lot of content at once. You can only use so much at a time. Buy it, play with the content, then as you get bored, buy more.