Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 ISLAND PARADISE

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I love "island paradise' and everything it came with. I think you should start working on this right away ;) ... well if not you maybe someone at EA.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    island paradise! yes please :)
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    This would be so great to have Island paradise EP. It was the first New original EP that they had come up....every other EP had been a re-creation of previous ones... so Yes we need this again. Loved the ocean swimming and boating. Loved the Cracken and Mermaids. I love your idea of it being based on Santorini...I've always been fascinated with it. I still want seasons and pets to go with it.... but it would be so great to have my sims live on the beach or on a cliff side overlooking the ocean.
  • Options
    jellybEAnsim123jellybEAnsim123 Posts: 21 Member
    If they add mermaids I'll buy this in a heartbeat, but they should add other smaller things like toddlers first, like @gmomasue said.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    This is an old thread isn't it?

Anyway, I'd love a tropical destination pack but I'd prefer Castaway style content to more luxury stuff. I feel like I already have the content to allow me to make a 'luxury' side to the island with pools, bars, rental property, and spas. But stuff like boats from IP would be good. I'd like:

* Hula dancing (which could be learned like in TS2 Bon Voyage).
    * Hammocks
    * Boats/rafts/surfing/water activities.
    * Sand castle building and sand scuptures.
    * Beach combing
    * Jewellery making (from shells and sand-glass)
    * Treasure maps and buried treasure (maybe an adaption of the existing feature to make it more piratey?)
    * Souvenirs
    * More Tiki-themed build/buy
    * Nautical build/buy like rope fences for pirate themed builds!
    * Voodoo? Zombies?
    * Hidden temples to explore!
    * Fire walking.
    * New food, ingredients and plants! Coconuts! And those amazing looking tropical cocktails that come in coconuts or pineapples.

* A survival aspect:
    - spear fishing
    - raft building
    - shelter building
    - making a fire (like a fire pit with advanced animations like collecting the wood)
    - More things to make with the carpentry bench and whittling.

So in my head it would be a tropical island with a 'survival' side and a 'luxury' side. You could go on a romantic getaway there, a family holiday, or go exploring! It's a bit of a mix of Bon Voyage, Castaway and Island Paradise. Kind of a 'best bits'. We have some things like fire dancing already. We'd need to be able to access the water, at least to paddle in it! Then I'd mix this with existing features like spas and rental properties. And I'd set up a restaurant and a retail store selling souvenirs. So I'd like plenty of lots to build on (a few more than Outdoor Retreat gave us) or buildings that can be easily adapted.
  • Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    I'd love a castaway paradise expansion. A world where your sims have to make everything, with waterfall lagoons with underwater caves that sims can find a rare crystal in, take sample from it, mix with water to make a potion, drink and become a mermaid. If there were mermaids I'd buy that dlc even for 60 dollars. But I'd like no scales on land. Customiseable tails. And child and toddler tails! ( if they come ) and toddlers to play on the shore ando paddle in their mermaid form, and parents to teach them to keep the secret and a necklace with a piece of the crystal that made them a mermaid, as a symbol.
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    cheybabyxxcheybabyxx Posts: 34 Member
    So first we got pools , after we got hot tubs with a stuff pack , NOW I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE OUR SIMS TO THE BEACH! THE SIMS 4 BEACH LIFE !!! This expansion will have one world with 5 islands ( 8 lots in each island) with some lots at the beach so you can build beach bars, and whatever YOU WANT! I also want to take other contect the sims 3 island paradise had (house boats e.tc) Since Im greek, greece have amazing islands with very beautiful water so I think it would be very cool for us to get a greek inspired islands like santorini and we will get SOMETHING NEW !! Also with this expansion we can get some restaurants(taverna) with a sea view. Last but not least my sims will swim in the sea!!! I hope you like my idea!! If you like it comment '' I like it '' . :):*

OMG! I loved Island Paradise. It would be awesome if we could have something like that for the sims 4. Loved the beaches, lifeguard career, scuba diving. Yes please. We can dream right?

• Options
    Prinses_StarlightPrinses_Starlight Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see doors unlock for your boyfriend/girlfriend if they live in another household instead of having to unlock my door for everyone to let my significant other in. Also, when are we going to be able to drive?
  • Options
    nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    Signed. I want to swim.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I loved this pack, and watch every LP that included it, sadly I never got it as my computer at that time barely could handle the 5-6 Sim games I had :'(

When seasons comes, I hope Oasis Springs never get snowy so it can stay the "forever lasting" summer place for sims to live and I would like to be able to travel to somewhere (this paradise edition) that has a proper beach, maybe a little bigger (=more changeable lots) than granite falls.

Name suggestion:
    The Sims 4
    - Get/Go To The Beach
    - Beach Life/Living
    - Paradise Island
    - Paradise Living
    - Getaway
    - Summerholiday
    - Summertime/fun
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    SuperNovaExplosionSuperNovaExplosion Posts: 1 New Member
    I loved the idea!!! I would like to have the mermaids though cause I love them! It would be cool to also have like rock pools to catch shell fish and other animals

• Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I am guessing that if we get an island or beach world that it will be a vacation world like Granite Falls. Hopefully there would be more lots, though, and have some commercial lots too so you could have a spa, bar, or restaurant. I'd also like hotels that you could build and run as businesses as well as stay at. This would be the perfect opportunity to add activities like beach volleyball and surfing as well as swimming in the ocean. They could incorporate clothes and objects that go with a certain culture instead of having it be generic island- maybe Thai culture? I also like the idea of suvineers, which they seem to be adding in City Living.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I am guessing that if we get an island or beach world that it will be a vacation world like Granite Falls. Hopefully there would be more lots, though, and have some commercial lots too so you could have a spa, bar, or restaurant. I'd also like hotels that you could build and run as businesses as well as stay at. This would be the perfect opportunity to add activities like beach volleyball and surfing as well as swimming in the ocean. They could incorporate clothes and objects that go with a certain culture instead of having it be generic island- maybe Thai culture? I also like the idea of suvineers, which they seem to be adding in City Living.

Yes! Beach volleyball and surfing would be amazing. A new Seashell collection would be perfect too. You could look for little mounds of sand to dig through, or areas that are speckled as if there are a lot of shells just under the surface....

If it's built like Granite Falls the "rental lots" could be beach houses or tiki huts. Just like Granite Falls you'd have a couple 1 bedroom huts for honeymooners and some larger ones for the whole family or a group of friends... Lots of Palm trees...

Ah! An island vacation world would would be awesome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love to see an Island inspired by Greece in the game! Not just having the whole coconut-theme just because. Two different Islands perhaps. One with amazing cliffs in the background and stones that you dive from into the ocean.
  • Options
    NicoFilippoNicoFilippo Posts: 82 Member
    Mermaids, Ability To Swim in the Sea, Create Houses on Water, Skuba Diving!

Great concept!

But I really want Pets and Supernaturals first ;)
    nicofilippo_gameplay.png
    Click My Signature to see my sim's blog!
  • Options
    AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2017
    I want both Seasons and Island Paradise.
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Danaluv225Danaluv225 Posts: 6 New Member
    This is something I would love to see happen!

Maybe something like a new map? Mermaid cove like something mystical and tropical? a beach with a small cave.. maybe, finding mermaids and be able to go diving from inside the cave? like a What if they added cool pool stuff too? like pool floats and slides?
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I really want mermaids to be able to live underwater, all ages have a tail but maybe they don't get their powers till teen years(but I'd prefer child) I really want them the have accidents where they accidentally touch water an they fall on the floor and pop a tail. That would be really cool!
  • Options
    I love that! I wish they would do either a new Map pack or vaction spot for the eachs with all this cool stuff!

> @jimjam1009 said:
    > I really want mermaids to be able to live underwater, all ages have a tail but maybe they don't get their powers till teen years(but I'd prefer child) I really want them the have accidents where they accidentally touch water an they fall on the floor and pop a tail. That would be really cool!
  • Options
    [quote="Danaluv225;c-15795490"]I love that! I wish they would do either a new Map pack or vaction spot for the eachs with all this cool stuff!

> @jimjam1009 said:
    > I really want mermaids to be able to live underwater, all ages have a tail but maybe they don't get their powers till teen years(but I'd prefer child) I really want them the have accidents where they accidentally touch water an they fall on the floor and pop a tail. That would be really cool!

[/quote]

What powers do you think they should have
  • Options
    > @jimjam1009 said:
    > [quote="Danaluv225;c-15795490"]I love that! I wish they would do either a new Map pack or vaction spot for the eachs with all this cool stuff!
    >
    > > @jimjam1009 said:
    > > I really want mermaids to be able to live underwater, all ages have a tail but maybe they don't get their powers till teen years(but I'd prefer child) I really want them the have accidents where they accidentally touch water an they fall on the floor and pop a tail. That would be really cool!
    >
    > [/quote]
    >
    > What powers do you think they should have

Tbh I think Being able to change the seasons/weather as a power, be able to chose land or underwater, maybe gain certain skills quicker, read other sims minds/thoughts, plus it'd b cool if they could have a pet fish(dolphin ,shark ,etc.)
  • Options
    [quote="Danaluv225;c-15799564"]> @jimjam1009 said:
    > [quote="Danaluv225;c-15795490"]I love that! I wish they would do either a new Map pack or vaction spot for the eachs with all this cool stuff!
    >
    > > @jimjam1009 said:
    > > I really want mermaids to be able to live underwater, all ages have a tail but maybe they don't get their powers till teen years(but I'd prefer child) I really want them the have accidents where they accidentally touch water an they fall on the floor and pop a tail. That would be really cool!
    >
    > [/quote]
    >
    > What powers do you think they should have

Tbh I think Being able to change the seasons/weather as a power, be able to chose land or underwater, maybe gain certain skills quicker, read other sims minds/thoughts, plus it'd b cool if they could have a pet fish(dolphin ,shark ,etc.)[/quote]

I really like this, I think they should also can some water powers kinda like h2o
  • Options
    KimcrystalKimcrystal Posts: 3 New Member
    I neeeeeed Island paradise it is my all time favourite. The islands, hotels and mermaids! oh and the boat houses! I legit can't wait.. tempted to just forget all sims 4 and play sims 3 now tbh.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would like another Island Paradise type EP as well. Boating, water skiing, jet skiis, and pool floats were loads of fun. Snorkeling and scuba diving were a real advancement in the series.

The thing that I would like to be different is that when scuba diving, the area should be much larger than a 64x64 lot. I would prefer that the underwater areas be similar to the other neighborhoods In that there are "public" areas and underwater lots that I can edit if I like. I would love an entire world of exploration down there. Something the size of Magnolia Promenade at the least. Perhaps, there could be an underwater city to visit.

Submersibles with robotic arms would also be great. They would allow for exploration of the deeper areas that aren't safe to dive. Also, divers could stay down longer to explore things like old-ship wrecks and unexplored caves.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I believe that we'll get a beach vacation world that will add swimming in the ocean at some point, hopefully sooner than later, but I don't think we'll get scuba diving. If simple swimming is so problematic that it's so hard to add, diving won't be along any time soon, if ever. And if they can manage it, it certainly won't be a huge neighborhood sized area. It seems to escape most peoples attention, but S4 is about paring down and focusing, not expanding and growing bigger.

Personally, I would love to have the diving tank from S1 back. It was like a human aquarium. I loved it. It could be placed anywhere, even on home lots. Maybe this one could be a little bigger and maybe have more exotic fish like a shark and octopus that squirts ink if approached, maybe roomy enough for more than one diver. Maybe if the tank were big enough, it could be used to put on an aquatic show where other sims could watch dolphins and a Great White entertain the crowd.