Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mini Micro Builds: Share your Tiny Living Homes with us. Join in any listed theme or add your own!

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @EuphorialQueen or @BUTTONSGINGER I made an underground bunker build following all the rules I'd like to upload and submit here, but I haven't a clue what category to put it in. o.O It's got all the amenities needed for a single Sim to live down there so it's more like a hideaway/retreat for a recluse, a hermit, a writer, a conspiracy theorist, a paranoid UFO/Alien psycho or perhaps even just a disillusioned businessman/woman sick of the rat race. It really doesn't fit any of the themes, should I create my own? Hmmm... Maybe the theme could be based on that TV show or something and called 'Doomsday Bunkers' or 'I Vant To Be Alone.' lol Thoughts?
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Please feel free to add your build. The 'TV Show' theme sounds like a great theme. How about a theme: "Reality TV ... or Not". ;) ♡ I Like your show titles.
  • Options
    SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    Oh wow, this looks awesome! But am I right in thinking that if I use CC I have to list everything I used? Or am I getting confused? :P
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I will say, that while building a room that's supposed to be infinitely larger on the inside on a 10X10 measurement is spectacularly annoying and hard....

At least we're not being asked to attempt Hogwarts here :p

Shoot I shouldn't be giving away ideas
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    That would be cool @Pottergoose!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I will say, that while building a room that's supposed to be infinitely larger on the inside on a 10X10 measurement is spectacularly annoying and hard....
    At least we're not being asked to attempt Hogwarts here :p
    Shoot I shouldn't be giving away ideas
    Great minds think alike. :joy: Still contemplating on how to even begin.

• Options
    Hagrid's house would be easy enough. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen or @BUTTONSGINGER I made an underground bunker build following all the rules I'd like to upload and submit here, but I haven't a clue what category to put it in. o.O It's got all the amenities needed for a single Sim to live down there so it's more like a hideaway/retreat for a recluse, a hermit, a writer, a conspiracy theorist, a paranoid UFO/Alien psycho or perhaps even just a disillusioned businessman/woman sick of the rat race. It really doesn't fit any of the themes, should I create my own? Hmmm... Maybe the theme could be based on that TV show or something and called 'Doomsday Bunkers' or 'I Vant To Be Alone.' lol Thoughts?

@Karababy52 Hey! A bunker sounds terrific! Sure...you can create your own theme. When you post your build, post the details of your theme and then I'll write up a theme post for it and add it to the index. Just keep it to 100 tiles (to include living and landscaping space) :)
  • Options
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    Oh wow, this looks awesome! But am I right in thinking that if I use CC I have to list everything I used? Or am I getting confused? :P
    Hello @LemmyLouch Welcome to Mini Micro madness :) Yep, list the third party CC you use. Or at least give credit to the creator. For example, say you have a bunch of CC from one particular creator, you could then link to his/her blog or where you found the CC. If you can't remember where you got it just say that.

• Options
    I've been home a few minutes and now I have to run off again.....will catch up on everyone's creations and comments as soon as I can :#
  • Options
    Just thought I would share a silly Dr. Who inspiration with my beloved builder buddies. :)

fd37924a4fd4bba317e868290aa24462.jpg
    That's so cool! My 10 year old just asked me to ask you where you bought the bed! :D

• Options
    Theme: Username
    Origin ID: Mommataurus2
    Lot: Micro BOHO
    $50,578
    Link to Build: thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A8A98DA82E3411E5857AE0B13851C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mommataurus2&max=25

Bohemian is my personal style choice. I am hoping to integrate a little boho into my current home...but for now this little cutie will do.
    GT5iInp.jpg
    3XuzGaY.jpg
    dF4yTj6.jpg
    sMj2x9M.jpg
    yBoQOTJ.jpg
    GqcMJWu.jpg
    8cJIfAC.jpg
    caDJCgC.jpg
    53hNK9d.jpg
    Wow.....this is so adorable. I love all the plants and things you've decorated with! I agree with EuphorialQueen, it looks so cozy! The sunflowers are lovely on the front of the house. That's really cool how you placed the book(is that a career reward?) above the stove. The painting above the bed is one of my favorites! I will add your link asap. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us :smiley:
  • Options
    @buttonsginger Yes that book is a Career Reward. I always use bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement when I build so I have access to all the career rewards. I like the book over the stove. It's like a mounted cookbook;) And it's inspiration in the kitchen instead of those ugly crystal lamps.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Please feel free to add your build. The 'TV Show' theme sounds like a great theme. How about a theme: "Reality TV ... or Not". ;) ♡ I Like your show titles.
    Hey! A bunker sounds terrific! Sure...you can create your own theme. When you post your build, post the details of your theme and then I'll write up a theme post for it and add it to the index. Just keep it to 100 tiles (to include living and landscaping space) :)

Thanks! Need to think about this a bit now. I wasn't really thinking about making it a TV Show theme, I just meant my build reminded me of a TV show I heard about called Doomsday Bunkers and I think there's one called Preppers Paradise... or something like that. lol But, having said that, I do like your suggestion based on Reality TV... or Not.

Could make builds based on Reality TV Shows, for example; a theater with a stage, seats, judges table, etc for American Idol or The Voice, a primitive shelter design for Survivor, a luxury mansion for The Bachelor/Bachelorette (that one might be too tough to do with such a small area), or a set for Master Chef with cooking stations and a food pantry, etc., etc. Just pick a reality show of your choice and run with it, could be fun! I think it would be quite challenging trying to do it within the 100 tile guidelines. I'd give the option to further challenge yourself and stay within the 20K budget or have it be unlimited...hmmm

I don't know, might be too broad of a subject matter, there's SO many reality shows out there. o.O

What do y'all think?

Anyway, I'll take some screenshots of my build, upload it and write something up for it, then post later tonight. Thanks again to you both! :)

• Options
    IMO that's why it works! Because its a broad category. Therefore we can just MICRO BUILD OUR HEARTS OUT!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    hehe I like the way your mind works @mommataurus2, you're right! Alrighty, enough hanging out on the forums procrastinating, going in game now. Have a great rest of your evening/day everyone! :)
  • Options
    SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    Hello @LemmyLouch Welcome to Mini Micro madness :) Yep, list the third party CC you use. Or at least give credit to the creator. For example, say you have a bunch of CC from one particular creator, you could then link to his/her blog or where you found the CC. If you can't remember where you got it just say that.

Oh okay, cool because I love the sound of this but use alot of CC and I can't remember where I got all of my stuff from. :/ Haha
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Options
    Hi everyone....gosh, I've had a crazy morning! I should be free this afternoon....crosses fingers. Have fun simming :)
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Hey! A bunker sounds terrific! Sure...you can create your own theme. When you post your build, post the details of your theme and then I'll write up a theme post for it and add it to the index. Just keep it to 100 tiles (to include living and landscaping space) :)

Thanks! Need to think about this a bit now. I wasn't really thinking about making it a TV Show theme, I just meant my build reminded me of a TV show I heard about called Doomsday Bunkers and I think there's one called Preppers Paradise... or something like that. lol But, having said that, I do like your suggestion based on Reality TV... or Not.

Could make builds based on Reality TV Shows, for example; a theater with a stage, seats, judges table, etc for American Idol or The Voice, a primitive shelter design for Survivor, a luxury mansion for The Bachelor/Bachelorette (that one might be too tough to do with such a small area), or a set for Master Chef with cooking stations and a food pantry, etc., etc. Just pick a reality show of your choice and run with it, could be fun! I think it would be quite challenging trying to do it within the 100 tile guidelines. I'd give the option to further challenge yourself and stay within the 20K budget or have it be unlimited...hmmm

I don't know, might be too broad of a subject matter, there's SO many reality shows out there. o.O

What do y'all think?

Anyway, I'll take some screenshots of my build, upload it and write something up for it, then post later tonight. Thanks again to you both! :)

@Karababy52 I agree with @mommataurus...a broad theme is great because it let's everyone's imagination run wild. ;) I am so looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Theme 10:What happened to the sibling? She ate it.

Helpful links: Jurassic World

Jurassic World has hatched on your Mini Micro Lot.....create a build inspired by the film. No more than 100 tiles(living and landscape space).100 tiles may be used in each level. Thank you @mommataurus for the theme idea

All Sims games

Budget: Unlimited; meaning as little or a much as you want.

Time Period: Unlimited
    Number of builds: Unlimited

*You can buy any size lot.
    To make those Simoleons Sing by only using the 20x15 lots for your Micro Mini Builds.
    opera-10.jpg
    Newcrest
    20x15 Oak Alcove  1500
    20x15 Comfy Cubby 1500
    All 30x20 Newcrest are 2K each

Oasis Springs
    20x15 Agave Abobe 1500
    20x15 Raffia Quinta 3500

Willow Creek
    20x15 Streamlet Single 1500
    20x15 Crick Cabana 1500
    20x15 Rindle Rose 2000
    Thank you EuphorialQueen for this information!

* You can make a character sims....if you wish....just provide a link if you are uploading.

* Third party CC is allowed. Be sure to give credit to the creator.

*You may have basements/additional levels.

* Share as many captures as you want.

*Share your download link, if uploading. Use #MicroMini
    Post edited by BUTTONSGINGER on
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    :) I'm gonna skip this one (like I did the last one LOL) because I don't really do movies or TV very much. LOL my vision is crap, so the few hours a day I can see well (I have MS and I fog up really horrible) I tend to play Sims instead XD my "view" of the Doctor and something like Jurassic world is based on what they SOUND like, not what they look like. -snicker- soooo I'll just cheer you guys on LOL
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @PersRealmsShadow I can completely understand, if you have an idea of for a theme you would like to do just say so. Otherwise, we will be so happy to have you cheering.....passes a cookie to you! :cookie: It won't belong before another theme is up!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Thanks a lot @BUTTONSGINGER and @EuphorialQueen for your lovely compliments! You guys are very kind! I enjoyed creating the micro mini house. The challenge was not to build a box! LOL! :D So I am happy that you guys appreciate my effort! Hugs <3<3
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    When is the Jurassic World theme one going to be due? I am new to these and would like to try it :smile:
  • Options
    When is the Jurassic World theme one going to be due? I am new to these and would like to try it :smile:
    @SpecterCody Hi! There is no due date. Themes can be done at any time and as many times as you like :smiley: I am looking forward to seeing your creation!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top