Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hyegal's Thank You Thread

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Hi @Hyegal! I am so glad you were able to grab Brunch at the Old Mill. It's a gorgeous set. When my friend xSorcier and I were building Cotes d'Ambonnay, our French Medieval world, we had to search out every bit of old styled content, especially for building but eventually including the clothes. The Tudor set came along to help fill out the order for clothes and so I have my favorites from that Tudor shop. ;) We even were blessed to be allowed to include a little apothecary wagon (thanks to the builder of this miniature lot, KLorelei) which made use of the Fabulous Flourish Wall Art from Le Cirque Esprit. Funny, just thinking about it, but everything you mentioned was used in Cotes d'Ambonnay so I am personally attached to this stuff in particular. (My avatar is dressed for Cotes d'Ambonnay herself and the Queen's Dress is much better in the richer, royal colors, not the 1960's hot pink. I think that color choice is Maxis humor.)

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I love seeing others appreciate the extra effort that goes into the creation of things designed to look old, like the moss on those steps. These items are made richer by this aging process. New is fine but new mixed in creatively and artistically with the old is better for me, like one might live in a new, modern, minimalist setting but still enjoy a few antique pieces. Have a wonderful day and enjoy your new things.