Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hyegal's Thank You Thread

Comments

• hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    I am just a regular person! My kids are finally grown now so I have extra, LOL. There are things I could use, but I don't want them. Kids get mad at me all the time when they ask me what I want for Birthday or Holidays. I tell them I don't want or need anything.......so they surprise me, LOL Raising five kids, I was always going without so they would have (that's how it was with a lot of parents when I was growing up and growing older)

My kids know how much I love my Sim Series, so they never say anything when I am at the computer working-on-a-computer-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edit to change from spinning chair to computer, LOL

Lol, spinning chair. :smiley:

I think I'm only just beginning to realize how much my parents sacrificed for us kids, and there are only two of us. As they get older, I desperately want to be able to take care of them as much as they need and are comfortable with. I love them very much.

My mom also always says she doesn't need or want any gifts. On her birthday my sister and I try to do things for her and spend quality time, which she seems to find ideal. On Christmas we do get her gifts. I, especially, love giving gifts, so she seems okay with it as long as we don't spend too much, and particularly if we get a deal. I like trying to figure out a gift that's practical but still fun to open. This past Christmas we got her pedicure items. I'd gotten really into nail polish, so I knew what to buy and was able to write out instructions for when and how to use each item. She keeps her toes painted all summer every year, and she seemed genuinely excited about the possibility of spending less time for better results. She says she really loves the base coat in particular because it extends the wear so much. It's a small thing, but it's something she'd probably never think to do for herself, and it makes me so happy that she's pleased.

I'm glad you have a space that people recognize as yours and respect as important to you. I think that's so necessary to keep from going utterly mad. I'm a big fan of reasonable interpersonal boundaries. :smile:

(And I still think you're a sims gift hero.)
    Thanks to @albanie for the Inside-Outfit. I think it's totally adorable and something a teen might absolutely wear. My sim teens are a little lacking in interesting clothing options compared to adults. When I'm looking for awesome clothes to add to my game I often overlook the teens, then feel grumpy about not being able to find the perfect outfit when a child ages up. This is one outfit I will be happy to use, rather than one I'll just settle on because it's sort of pretty okay, I guess. This is a wonderful addition to my game.
    Thank you to @scillakees for the Ab-so-lute-ly Stunning Door. I've been slowly working on the Jazz Age Living Room, and I just love the style of the entire set. That door looks really cool. The wordwork is such a beautiful touch, and is the handle in the middle like a hobbit door? I'll just have to place it in my game and find out. :smiley:
    @NESChic, thank you for the On the Up and Up Ceiling Light. I agree that it is a very cool light. I love the little crystals hanging from it. I think it's gonna look fantastic in the game, and I know I have at least one place where I'm unsatisfied with the current chandelier and think that one would fit much better. That light was both part of a set I'm currently working on (Jazz Age Living Room) and on my top five list. For a 'gift the person above you' gift especially, you really knocked that one out of the park.
    edited July 2015
    @jbsquared2000, I think you just decimated my wishlist in the historical meaning of the word, and I mean my actual wishlist, not my top five. I estimate it lost around 10% of its entries, and my wishlist is kind of really long.

Thank you for Curt's Jacket, which appears to have unnecessary zippers. I love unnecessary zippers. I'm not usually attracted by mustard yellow clothing, but I dunno. This time it caught my eye in a positive way. It works for me. Kind of like how the motorcycle outfit in Kill Bill worked, but with a lot less trauma and gore, I expect. I hope. I might not even want to recolor it. Aaaand, because of this jacket, I was able to purchase the May 2011 Compilation for pocket lint. :smiley:

Thank you also for the lovely Bridal Bouquet. I was just holding a wedding for two of my sims the other day and wishing I had a bit more nice wedding stuff. Now I have one more thing, and it's sort of a key item. I'm guessing it's purely decorative, but that makes it no less symbolic, and probably a lot less awkward during the ceremony. I can totally see flowers ending up lodged in someone's face during the vows. Which would actually be really hilarious. Anyway, because of this bouquet, the price of the Quaint Cottage Collection dropped so low that I realized further gifts could potentially exceed the price of the set. That didn't seem right. It did seem like a fantastic deal, though. :smile:

Oh, I nearly forgot, I wanted to thank you for the good wishes about the insomnia. I feel unbelievably lucky to have finally found a medication that seems to work well for me. It's the first of its type and it's been out for less than a year. Before that, there really was nothing that was especially effective for me. Exciting times. :smile:
    @VGryphon, thank you so much for the gift bomb the other day. I sense that you may have noticed that I'm working on the Atomic Living and Dining set. Or you're just magic. Either way, you must have had to go digging quite a long way through my extremely disorganized wishlist to find some of those items, and I really appreciate that.

I've got a teen sim who will be growing up and going off to college before too long, and I never feel right unless I've personalized a sim's dorm room. I think the Thermal Atomic Alarm Clock and Kinetic Kollider Table Light will both be absolutely perfect, both for the setting and for the sim's personality. I'm really looking forward to this, possibly more than the prospective student. :smiley:

Thank you also for the gorgeous Asymmetrical Allessandar Table Lamp. It's my very first object from the Hollywood Regency Den. I've been wanting to get started on that set for quite a while. Before the Sims 3 I had never heard of Regency, but now I'm very curious because I like their Regency items so much. I am going to put that lamp on an end table and then I will declare it classy and feel satisfied with myself for the rest of the afternoon. Yep. That's my plan.

(Re: gifting game: Don't even worry about it. I just hate seeing anyone left out, and I was very glad to have the ad points to fix the error.)
    @jbsquared2000, I have spent an entire day playing Sunlit Tides and I can't get over how beautiful it is. Thank you so much! It was so kind of you to share your winnings with me! I love the palm trees, and the way they colored the sea bed to give the water so much visual depth, and the rabbit holes with thatched roofs, and the color of the sand... Yeah, pretty much everything.

I'm thinking I might move my mermaid family there if I get too tired of glitch issues with Isla Paradiso. Or if I just think they could use a change of scenery. Maybe they could use a change of scenery. Everyone likes a change from time to time, right? I bet they'd love it. I bet it would be a great place to raise their little girl.

@NagyGina and @WhimsicalWind, thank you so much for your amazing generosity! What a cool thing to do. It seems like you've made a lot of simmers very happy. I know I'm happy. :smiley:
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    hyegal wrote: »
    @VGryphon, thank you so much for the gift bomb the other day. I sense that you may have noticed that I'm working on the Atomic Living and Dining set. Or you're just magic. Either way, you must have had to go digging quite a long way through my extremely disorganized wishlist to find some of those items, and I really appreciate that.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. :smile:

Whenever I look over a wishlist, I have the habit of checking for clean wishlists. As I knew from recent experience, those items all counted for the same set. I had a good run of ads, so I was glad to help you out a bit.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
    @charlotteprice, thank you for the amazing gift bomb. I pretty much had to make a new top five list, and I enjoyed every moment of it. So many possibilities. :smile: I'm afraid this is kind of long. Even though some of these items share sets, they stand out individually to me, and I really like taking time to enjoy each item. So then:

First of all, the All Dolled Up Curtains. Ever since the Sims 3 first came out, I've thought curtains were an area that lacked. Does it not weird sims out if the entire neighborhood can see into their houses? Even the bathrooms and bedrooms? I guess they're technically unable to care, but I care. Oh, how I care. Ever since then, I just cannot get enough curtains. These particular curtains look like they're made to fit the Razzle-Dazzle 'Em Window, which is perfect because I love that window, and I'm not sure whether I have anything else that would work half so well with it. They're also just really cool-looking. I love all the draping.

Next, the Ritzy Taste Coffee Table. I adore coffee tables. They may not do much, but they add so much to a room just by being there and having particular style. I like this table's style. It has a glass inset. I'm a huge fan of glass insets. It also has that interesting indent around the edge. I don't know what to call it because it isn't beveling and that seems to be the only woodworking vocabulary I have. I tried googling, but gave up when I realized I was in danger of reading wikipedia for the next few hours. Actually, I lack a lot of vocabulary to describe specifically what I like about this table. Let's just say it's a pleasingly simple shape with cool details.

Thirdly, the Electron Entertainment TV. I have a lot of rectangular televisions of various sizes and prices. Some are flat and attach to walls. Some are more boxy and may come with their own stands. It's nice to have something with more personality. I can already imagine how this TV could fit into one room I decorated. I'd love to design something around it, or just specifically meant to include it. I think it would be a lot of fun.

And finally, the Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station. This item is a little out of the ordinary for me because I'm actually more interested in what it does than what it looks like. Usually when I see a store item I want, form completely eclipses function in my mind. I got the greenhouse, for instance, not because of the very real plights of my many sims who rely on gardening as their main form of income and live in neighborhoods with long winters, but because I wanted to use the pieces to build a creepy ice sculpture conservatory. (I really need to get around to that.) But most gardeners won't actually starve even if the ground freezes. When it comes to starvation, I'm a lot more concerned about my sims' pets. I worry a lot about pets running out of food. I'm constantly sending my sims to top off bowls that are nearly full, just in case. I usually set out more than one bowl and have them top off everything they can any time I notice a pet has eaten anything at all. It's ridiculous. I'm hoping this item can help me relax even just a little. Plus, it looks like it's upgradable, and I'm always happy to have one more thing for my handy sims to improve.

Thank you again for everything! I really look forward to using each one of these items.
    @melaniet1020, thank you so much for helping me complete the Muse Luxury set. Living room sets are one of my favorite things to have. This one is unusual enough to stand out without being difficult to pair with other sets and styles.

I love how the seat back of the Grecian Chair looks like a scroll, and the pattern along the side of the Grecian Coffee Table top. Apollo's Lyre is really cute and makes an interesting alternative to the usual decorative accents. As for the Artemis Temple Frieze, my singer sim just got it in the mail as a gift from an admirer. (She gets a lot of those.) I have got to find a better place to put it than the bathroom, where it admittedly adds such much-needed class. It just seems like it ought to go somewhere a bit more dignified. :smile:

I've really been enjoying the set. Thanks again!
    @scillakees, I've gotten a bit behind on thanking people properly. I hope you'll forgive me. You've been so generous and deserve to be recognized.

Thank you so much for the On the Level Bookshelf and the He's a Live Wire Radio. The bookshelf is a very attractive item and looks great in some otherwise awkwardly narrow spaces. The radio is perfect for sims who need music but don't have a lot of floor space. I have several sims who are using it as a prettier and more space-efficient alternative to the boom box. Not only are these both awesome items, they brought the price of the Jazz Age Living Room down to almost nothing. I've been working on that set for a while now, and I was thrilled to finally be able to complete it. :smiley:

As if that weren't enough, today I discovered two more gifts from you in my messages. I adore the Futureshock set and I'm so happy to have the Futureshock Loft- Clothing Containment System. I think it looks really awesome. It's definitely one of the more unusual dressers I've got. It even glows blue, and I know it sounds silly, but I'm a big fan of things that glow that particular shade of blue.

As for the Gothique Library, I'm so excited about it that I'm seriously considering putting it in Lucky Palms, even though it would probably look pretty out of place there, just so I can get a better look at it sooner rather than later. I'm already using the chess table that came with it. Because the library came with Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells (another thing I'm very eager to get a look at), I've also been able to complete the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings set, which is pretty awesome.

Thank you for all the wonderful things!
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    You're welcome. I'm happy to help. :) I like how you have a plan for every piece. You are so very organized. :)
    @charlotteprice, thank you so much for cleaning out my top five once again. You've helped me close in on so many awesome sets. Your positive effect on my redecoration abilities cannot be overstated, and ought not be understated. :smile:

I am in love with the Futureshock Loft- Evacu-Flush 9500 Toilet and the Futureshock Loft- Sani-Booth Max 3700. They look like they belong in a bathroom in a movie set in a space station. I'm all about movies set in space stations. Somebody's bathroom is about to become awesome! In space, no one can hear you flush. Or sing in the shower.

Thank you also for the Cool Core Dining Table and the Sweet Masses Chromodynamic Candy Dish. My latest sim is suffering from a severe lack of dining table and an equally troubling lack of dining style. It's like a crisis is unfolding in the kitchen. Maybe I'll put the candy dish on the table and wedge them in there somehow. It's a tiny house. Mealtimes may end up being a little crowded because that is not a candy dish that lacks for volume, but she'll just have to understand. If you want an amazing kitchen in a tiny house without sacrificing your dance floor, sometimes you have to shove the dining table under the stairs and cover it with candy. Life lessons.

Finally, thank you for the Timberland End Table. I've coveted that table since I first saw it, and every time I go to the build/buy section of the store, there it is, staring at me like a puppy in the window of a pet store. Now I can finally take that end table home, and I don't even have to stop by the vet to get it any shots. Seriously, though, it's a truly gorgeous table and I'm very glad to have it.
    scillakees wrote: »
    You're welcome. I'm happy to help. :) I like how you have a plan for every piece. You are so very organized. :)

You probably wouldn't say that if you saw me in the midst of redoing a room. XD

I completely redid a bedroom one of my sims once, and I really, really wish I could find the in-progress screenshots I took. I wasn't sure which bed was going to work best, so I just bought a bunch of them so I could easily switch them out as I worked. I put the ones I wasn't currently using in the garage. It looked ridiculous. (This is how it turned out. I hadn't put the blinds in the windows on the left wall yet for some reason when I took that screenshot, but other than that, it's pretty much the finished room.)
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Ok I was going to say it's gorgeous and complain that I didn't have your talent at decorating. <3 But now I'm worried, is that blood on that blanket? :o
    @Reachsims, thank you so much for the Futureshock Loft- Tech Revoltz: 2204 A.D. (Wow, that's a bit of a mouthful.) It was really kind of you to search my wishlist even though my top five was completely out of date, then decide to gift me something anyway. I'm planning to redo a few community lots in the near future, and that arcade game is totally going in one of them. Give my sims something to do besides argue with bartenders. Not that that's going to stop them, but at least I'll have tried? Thank you also for helping me out with my quest to complete the elusive Futureshock Loft Collection. The time draws near because the price sure is taking some major hits. :smiley:
    scillakees wrote: »
    Ok I was going to say it's gorgeous and complain that I didn't have your talent at decorating. <3 But now I'm worried, is that blood on that blanket? :o

I don't know if it's talent so much as a major reliance on Luna Sims (may her mediafire account rest in peace) and hours and hours of trial and error. I mean, beds in the garage. Lots of beds. It did not look pretty for a long, long time. As for the suspicious stain, well, the occupant is a vampire. XD

Uhhh... here she is, receiving a phone call in her nightgown somehow. For some reason, being a vampire makes her blue? And her blinds have magically appeared!
    @HarperJane, thanks a million for holding that awesome giveaway, and at least another million for Lucky Palms. I've been playing it nearly nonstop for two days. It's gorgeous and so spacious that I'm successfully playing a sim who's a singer, and she's having no problems with places for gigs. I was also able to place the dance studio, so now the entire neighborhood seems to be learning ballet, which is both cool and hilarious. Whoever did the animations for that thing must have laughed themselves sick. At least I hope it was as entertaining to make as it is to watch. Anyway, I'm really enjoying having a desert town. It's a great new vibe, and the sunsets are incredible. I'm definitely going to have to start thinking about making some custom community lots for it, because I get the feeling I'm going to be using it a lot.
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @hyegal - You're so very welcome. Congratulations on some marvelous gifts and enjoy them all! :)
    @charlotteprice, thank you for the awesome collection of gifts. I'm having a lot of fun with them.

I think I mentioned that I was able to grab the Futureshock Loft set, but in case I didn't, I'm mentioning it here. The Galactic Gaze 5000 telescope put me over the edge where each remaining item was more expensive than completing the set. I like to buy a set as soon as I notice that's happened, so that it's impossible for anyone to spend any more of their points on it. I was so happy to reach that point with Futureshock Loft. I wish there were a big red button that releases confetti for occasions like that.

Speaking of the Galactic Gaze 5000, I'm really pleased to have both that and the Atomic Azure Skies Telescope. There's nothing wrong with the telescope that came with the base game, but it's not exactly exciting. My sims are perfectly happy with it, but I always feel less than enthusiastic about spending their hard-earned simoleons on it. Maybe it's because it reminds me so strongly of the cheap telescope from The Sims 2. To me, it will always lack flair. These telescopes, though. They have style. And very different styles, too, which makes it much easier to find something that feels right for any particular household. It also looks a lot less like the entire neighborhood shops at the same discount science store.

Thank you also for the Dining Reaction Chair. Earlier in this thread I said something about buying the Cool Core Dining Table and putting the candy dish on top of it so that a sim with no kitchen could eat in style, even if I had to put the table under the stairs to make it fit. Well, I did exactly that. I even found a chair that sort of matched. Now I can do one better. I can give her a chair that completely matches.

I've discovered that while I can fit three chairs under the stairs with the table, she can only use one of them. The others just result in failed routes. That's why I'm so excited to also have the Neutron Juice Bar Stool. I really can't see a better place to put the dining table, but I can totally see a place where I could squeeze in a few counter islands with stools. And the stools will match, and it will be perfect. She can have guests and they won't have to eat on the couch. I hope she knows how to cook. Well, worst case scenario, you can't burn salad.

Finally, thank you for the beautiful Branches n' Rocks Sculpture. It looks so peaceful. I think the bare branches and the cool neutral tones remind me of winter. There was a Danish saying my friend translated for me once. I'm not quite certain, but it may have been, "Der er intet i verden så stille som sne." There's nothing in the world as quiet as snow. The sculpture reminds me of that quiet.
    @jbsquared2000, thank you so much for the Pert Pixie Cut. It's such a unique, beautiful hairstyle. The shape is so flattering on the sims I've tried it with. The flowers are a special touch. A sim could get married with that hairstyle. It's just lovely.
    @WaterHornet, thank you for the Timberland Vanity. I love the simple, geometric shape with the more natural, curvy detail work on the sides. The mix of different kinds of materials works so well with this piece. I can't see how any sim with even a grain of good taste could fail to admire this beautiful vanity.

I am indeed working on the One With Nature set, and I very much appreciate your help. :smile:
    @jbsquared2000, thank you very much for the gorgeous Evening Gown with Bow. I wish I owned a purple evening gown. Not that I really have much use for evening gowns. I own one, purchased for a fancy holiday dinner my dad's company threw a long time ago. Luckily I stopped growing around that age and didn't need to shop for a prom dress a few years later. It probably still fits, so I guess I don't really need another one. But if I did, I'd be thrilled if it looked anything like the one you just gave me. It's not in any sets, so I didn't know it existed until I saw it on @anettesb's wishlist a while ago. She has excellent taste. It's a beautiful dress.

Thank you also for the amazing Prism Art Studio. I know you recently completed your wishlist (and possibly the store), but I still think it's incredibly generous of you to ask that your contest winnings be given to others. @friday027, I definitely owe you a big thank you as well, for holding an event with such amazing prizes.

I love the Prism Art Studio. I was so excited about it that I plopped it down on an island in Isla Paradiso because that happened to be where I was playing at the time and there's not a lot of vacant space at the moment. It doesn't look nearly as silly as I thought it would. I've pretty much fallen in love with the building. The stained glass windows are stunning, but I like the interior as much as the exterior. They really did a thorough job decorating everything. The work rooms are just crowded and cluttered enough to look like someone actually uses them, but not so much that the lot is slow or difficult to navigate.

As for the glassblowing and jewelry making, I sent one of my sims directly over to try it out. (She took her daughter, who spent the time learning to paint. Who needs sitters?) She ended up abandoning her first attempt at jewelry when her morning sickness got the best of her, but she's now wearing a necklace she made herself. I guess it all worked out in the end. I think the Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station is going to be a ton of fun, though maybe next time I should send a sim with a bit less going on in life. XD
    @HatsAreLife, I really like your handle. Also, thank you for the Backcountry Partition. I'm not sure it would ever occur to me to purchase a partition in real life, but I absolutely love them in the game. I use them all the time. I'm definitely going to be getting use out of this one. The pattern is just so cool. It looks like birch trees, but more curvy. I think it's beautiful.
  • friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @hygel @jbsquared2000 - Fantastic! I am so happy you're already having so much fun with that venue! I really love that venue, too! Again, jbsquared2000 who nominated you, really deserves all of the credit in making sure this super fun and creative venue got into your hands!