Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• Options
    simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    Hi all :) Well I was going to post pics of my 10k challenge home but I haven't been on here long enough to be able to post pics. :(
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    Hi all :) Ok pls just bare in mind that I am not a builder by any means but I do enjoy it. So I did create a tiny house but I just need to update it before I put it on here. However, I just finished creating a house for the 10k challenge so figured I would share it on here since it is tiny!

10k Build Challenge
    House Price: $ 9,986
    Lot Price: $10,307
    1 Bed / 1 Bath

HtaCCnN.png
    gHIOWN0.png
    CVlqY88.png
    xwsDZPZ.png
    tTC57GO.png
    bTo0xuF.png
    My Showcase Thread
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

This would fit on a wide trailer, with a fold up bathroom. But this is a tiny stationary house. I think it comes in to about £40.000 so its for a well to do sim.

03-12-17_3-32-33PM_zpsylpqh7qp.png
    03-12-17_3-41-45PM_zpswnv9igq8.png
    03-12-17_3-41-57PM_zpsojgewdox.png
  • Options
    Here is the house I made the other day. It's in my showcase and gallery. Someone had requested a 2 bedroom starter for their couple and toddler with plenty of room to add on. :)

Link to it on the gallery: here

Sweetlynn Starter
    Price: $17,355
    Size: 30x20
    Bedrooms: 2
    Baths: 1

D9vZKrf.png
    kgwuYFb.png
    qQeAkLE.png
    PSTComE.png
    4if9M5z.png
    My Showcase Thread
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    @feetinstockings That is a cute tiny house! :)
    My Showcase Thread
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @simmerlilly87 Thank you, so is yours.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Done! I made a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon. I don't know if it counts, though, because I walled off the little bathroom.

[img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-28nbspPM_zpsv2kuppmv.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-29nbspPM_zpsbdozv6e8.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-29nbspPM-2_zpsfhjavhnc.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-30nbspPM_zps2yckle0j.png[/img]

I wanted to keep it under 20K and MOO free, but I think I am going to upload it as it is and then continue to build. I needs flower boxes on the front and a window in the side of the bathroom, and I need MOO for that. This also needs LOTS of trees in the yard! I don't know what I can use for wheels, though. :( I guess it's a grounded 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon....

i love
    OK, landscaped and a bit of MOO. I cannot wait for terrain tools, these 'streams' look terrible! But, it's all we've got.
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_6-18nbspPM_zpsj7sldbcs.png[/img]
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Well, here it is. I tried to go as cheap as possible but ended up having to pay for some decor.

I love it! It looks like a box car! And I really like the trains all big in the yard.

looks like a great tiny home,more especially now it as a nice garden.

the interior color scheme works well.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    wyn wrote: »
    Finished mine. :blush:

NB9ZMPI.png

zNgbDIw.png

FqD0rdR.png

SX38MxM.png

Annnd cause I think it came out pretty well and I'm a giant nerd... I made a video :blush:

https://youtu.be/y5LHvHzol60

this is really nice tiny home and would be perfect as a starter for a sim

• Options
    Munchy wrote: »
    Alright, I've finally finished mine. I did a modern tiny-house that looks like shipping containers. Let me know what you guys think!

6fcd4m.png

2ymg9x0.png

rhvqfs.png

xc3j83.png

I did 2 small changes and uploaded this onto the gallery. This is to keep it under $20,000 so it would make it an ideal starter home.

My ID is speggyopq.
    Alright, I've finally finished mine. I did a modern tiny-house that looks like shipping containers. Let me know what you guys think!

6fcd4m.png

2ymg9x0.png

rhvqfs.png

xc3j83.png

I did 2 small changes and uploaded this onto the gallery. This is to keep it under $20,000 so it would make it an ideal starter home.

My ID is speggyopq.

6fcd4m.png

2ymg9x0.png

rhvqfs.png

xc3j83.png

My ID is speggyopq.

lovely interiors and all work well together

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

i love
    OK, landscaped and a bit of MOO. I cannot wait for terrain tools, these 'streams' look terrible! But, it's all we've got.
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_6-18nbspPM_zpsj7sldbcs.png[/img]

looks like a great tiny home,more especially now it as a nice garden.

the interior color scheme works well.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I found out later that the MOOd flower boxes on the front window prevents a Sim from using the front door. :( Womp, womp. They look pretty, but they have to be removed once it is downloaded.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited March 2017
    I tried to stay under 20000 with my Project Mini House, but I got carried away with landscaping and decoration. I now think of it more as the "model" home. Lots of updates that cost extra... :) Maybe I make a starter version of it one day.

2zeavq9.png
    350w4t3.png
    352iz3t.png

More Images here.
    Everything is playtested and works!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    I tried to stay under 20000 with my Project Mini House, but I got carried away with landscaping and decoration. I now think of it more as the "model" home. Lots of updates that cost extra... :) Maybe I make a starter version of it one day.

2zeavq9.png
    350w4t3.png
    352iz3t.png

More Images here.
    Everything is playtested and works!

Very cute - would fit nicely into my Newcrest World Template I am creating.
  • Options
    jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Thank you, @catmando830! :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2017
    Love this challenge! And small houses in general <3
    I've just made this house using two 4x12 containers on top of each other. I mean, it's not vert very tiny, but it's the kind of small place I'd like to live in. Gallery link

owAmowM.png
    afJnmla.png

• Options
    LesamithLesamith Posts: 278 Member
    Hello, lovelies! It's been so long since I've been on this forum. Life went crazy and all of the sudden it's been like eight months or more since I was last on here! Upon coming back I decided that I'd like to get back into taking some building challenges and this one sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a little confused, though. The first post says that everything needs to be in one room, and then a few posts down it was said that the bathroom can be closed in as well. This makes sense because sims tend to get really embarrassed when someone walks in on them. :D However, looking through the pages I've seen that people are making houses with multiple rooms. I understand that the houses are supposed to be tiny mobile homes. But, have the rules changed? Can there be multiple rooms? Also, if there a price limit? Or is it sort of a self-appointed price range?
  • Options
    Lesamith wrote: »
    Hello, lovelies! It's been so long since I've been on this forum. Life went crazy and all of the sudden it's been like eight months or more since I was last on here! Upon coming back I decided that I'd like to get back into taking some building challenges and this one sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a little confused, though. The first post says that everything needs to be in one room, and then a few posts down it was said that the bathroom can be closed in as well. This makes sense because sims tend to get really embarrassed when someone walks in on them. :D However, looking through the pages I've seen that people are making houses with multiple rooms. I understand that the houses are supposed to be tiny mobile homes. But, have the rules changed? Can there be multiple rooms? Also, if there a price limit? Or is it sort of a self-appointed price range?

The rules didn't really change, but people really got away from the 'tiny' part. It turned more into 'show us your small-ish' homes, and we kind of just went with it. TBF, there are really only so many 3x5 homes you can make before you've seen them all. Now, if they give us workable ladders, that can really add some new possibilities. There is a different starter challenge (under 20K), so I don't think there is really a limit here. I tend to try to make things under 20K, then upload them a second time after I've done all the decorating or landscaping I wanted to do.
  • Options
    LesamithLesamith Posts: 278 Member

The rules didn't really change, but people really got away from the 'tiny' part. It turned more into 'show us your small-ish' homes, and we kind of just went with it. TBF, there are really only so many 3x5 homes you can make before you've seen them all. Now, if they give us workable ladders, that can really add some new possibilities. There is a different starter challenge (under 20K), so I don't think there is really a limit here. I tend to try to make things under 20K, then upload them a second time after I've done all the decorating or landscaping I wanted to do.

Shnap! That's a great idea @Piperbird! I didn't even consider uploading things a second time when they're fully decorated. That's a brilliant idea! I suppose you're right, though. There are only so many designs you can do for tiny houses. But I guess for me, that's all part of the challenge. :blush: I'll do my best to see what I can create.
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, @Lesamith !
  • Options

Shnap! That's a great idea @Piperbird! I didn't even consider uploading things a second time when they're fully decorated. That's a brilliant idea! I suppose you're right, though. There are only so many designs you can do for tiny houses. But I guess for me, that's all part of the challenge. :blush: I'll do my best to see what I can create.

I have several builds that I have uploaded as either starter or shells, and then again finished. It lets me kind of appeal to both crowds.
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Here is another tiny house on wheels but a bit different it has two separate trailer one for sleeping and the other is for your day time living.
    Gallery Name:Tiny House On Wheels
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/5DCDEE0D168B11E7862DFA282E29B37B?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=tiny house&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    2pyq5au.jpg
    5afe3t.jpg334spoh.jpgscb6a8.jpgbgdzqw.jpg2ur47lf.jpg15fkmdk.jpg6p8ch5.jpg2vc6uev.jpg
  • Options
    chips46 wrote: »
    Here is another tiny house on wheels but a bit different it has two separate trailer one for sleeping and the other is for your day time living.
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/5DCDEE0D168B11E7862DFA282E29B37B?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=tiny house&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    2pyq5au.jpg
    5afe3t.jpg334spoh.jpgscb6a8.jpgbgdzqw.jpg2ur47lf.jpg15fkmdk.jpg6p8ch5.jpg2vc6uev.jpg

Love it, will be adding this to my Newcrest Template village.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Wildling wrote: »
    Love this challenge! And small houses in general <3
    I've just made this house using two 4x12 containers on top of each other. I mean, it's not vert very tiny, but it's the kind of small place I'd like to live in. Gallery link

owAmowM.png
    afJnmla.png

very beautiful vista <3B)

the modern build is so very wonerful. outside especially looks amazing with the exterior of the home and the surrounding areas.

any interior shots?

both shots of the house are very good.

• Options
    chips46 wrote: »
    2pyq5au.jpg

very cute little place :)

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2017
    ETA: NoCC, MOO and playtested.

Hello, this is my first time joining one of these challenges. OP wanted mobile tiny homes so I hope this fit the challenge. I posted this in my gallery thread so I am just copying and pasting. Thank you :)

I always make tiny homes and some I end up not putting up in the gallery. This recent one was to join a challenge here on the forum, it is my first challenge I am joining ever. I consider it more sharing and challenging for myself. I had a hard time with the mobile wheels staying when transferred to a lot and I finally got them to stay! Nothing worse than going on gallery, seeing someones work and it does not transfer well in your own game. My single sim liked it, but she kept setting herself on fire so I upgraded the fire alarm system, she so dumb :D Hope you like, thanks for looking at my builds!

Tumbleweed Tiny Starter: §17,007
    Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter_zpswbikofyp.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter1_zpstli71djt.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter2_zpstvdblfsh.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter_Layout_zpsw8hytttz.jpg~original
  • Options
    Veriona wrote: »
    ETA: NoCC, MOO and playtested.

Hello, this is my first time joining one of these challenges. OP wanted mobile tiny homes so I hope this fit the challenge. I posted this in my gallery thread so I am just copying and pasting. Thank you :)

I always make tiny homes and some I end up not putting up in the gallery. This recent one was to join a challenge here on the forum, it is my first challenge I am joining ever. I consider it more sharing and challenging for myself. I had a hard time with the mobile wheels staying when transferred to a lot and I finally got them to stay! Nothing worse than going on gallery, seeing someones work and it does not transfer well in your own game. My single sim liked it, but she kept setting herself on fire so I upgraded the fire alarm system, she so dumb :D Hope you like, thanks for looking at my builds!

Tumbleweed Tiny Starter: §17,007
    Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter_zpswbikofyp.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter1_zpstli71djt.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter2_zpstvdblfsh.jpg~original

Sims4_TumbleweedTinyStarter_Layout_zpsw8hytttz.jpg~original

Love it. What parts did you use MOO on?