Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refrigerators.

I still can't make food. I even removed the fridge top clutter slot mod thing I had. I've deleted the one file someone mentioned. I've repaired the game. Nothing.

Comments

• Options
    ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2015
    Try clearing your cache. Here are some instructions.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Edit: If you don't feel comfortable doing this, you can just move them somewhere else for now.
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Well, I said up there that I deleted the localthumbcache package but I couldn't remember what it was called XD

What exactly does deleting the cache in sims do?
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    Well, I said up there that I deleted the localthumbcache package but I couldn't remember what it was called XD

make your game run a litte better if theres too much cache, I hate that they make us clear it ourselves. XD
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

You Do Not delete the cache folder you delete the contents of the folder, but ONLY the ones that start in TEMP. There is a file called "FileCache" - DO NOT delete that file.

To be on the safe side do not empty your recycle bin until you confirm the game is working okay. If you mess anything up you can always restore the items from the recycle bin.
  • Options
    ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2015
    Having too much cache can cause the game to run slower and sometimes causes errors.

Edit: I edited a link in my original post with more complete instructions than the ones I originally game on clearing your cache.
  • Options

You Do Not delete the cache folder you delete the contents of the folder, but ONLY the ones that start in TEMP. There is a file called "FileCache" - DO NOT delete that file.

To be on the safe side do not empty your recycle bin until you confirm the game is working okay. If you mess anything up you can always restore the items from the recycle bin.

Glad I didn't do that yet. Lool.
    ClayMask wrote: »
    Having too much cache can cause the game to run slower and sometimes causes errors.

Oh okay, so pretty much like the browser
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Hello.
    If you are still having problems, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    If you are still having problems, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Won't that mess up every sim with cc on them....
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.

Won't that mess up every sim with cc on them....

This is something I would not recommend doing unless you are very familiar with how files work in conjunction with each other and what to do if you get a pop-up message about duplicate files.

Rosemow is one of the sweetest and smartest on the forums, but even when I tried to do this once I was very happy my IT expert husband was home because I almost messed up all my saves. Clearing the cache is the easiest things to do.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I guess that mod has screwed up your refrigerator
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Here is what I do: Go to your Computer/C:drive/users/yourname/appData/local/origin/avatars cache<< open this file and drag all the avatars to your recycle bin. Also as others have suggested clean up your cache files in Sims 4. Your refrigerator should now work.

I have to do this every few times I play due to those avatar files building up. Not sure why it causes my fridge not to work but it happens all the time.
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Here is what I do: Go to your Computer/C:drive/users/yourname/appData/local/origin/avatars cache<< open this file and drag all the avatars to your recycle bin. Also as others have suggested clean up your cache files in Sims 4. Your refrigerator should now work.

I have to do this every few times I play due to those avatar files building up. Not sure why it causes my fridge not to work but it happens all the time.

an you please post a screen shot of this. Also, are you on a Mac or PC?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I am on a PC. Yeah I can post a screen shot. Below is the path I use to get there. You may have to unhide AppData because it might be hidden so you have to be able to unhide the folder- I think that is the only one. The rest should be seen.

Path.jpg

Follow these steps to display hidden files and folders.
    Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
    Click the View tab.
    Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
  • Options
    I am on a PC. Yeah I can post a screen shot. Below is the path I use to get there. You may have to unhide AppData because it might be hidden so you have to be able to unhide the folder- I think that is the only one. The rest should be seen.

Path.jpg

Hum - I go under docs then to my EA folder and then my TS4 folder - I've not ever seen that path, I may have to look for it just because I am now curious about it.
  • Options

Path.jpg

Hum - I go under docs then to my EA folder and then my TS4 folder - I've not ever seen that path, I may have to look for it just because I am now curious about it.

I don't even have that path on my computer. Maybe we have different setups.
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member

This just started happening in one of my games. I have no mods just a small amount of cc which wasn't even being used in this save file.
    Sims are unable to do any interactions with the fridge.
    Is something corrupting the save file?

Funny thing is I read this thread and thought I havent had this problem for a long time. Then i go to play my game and it happens to me..
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    Update: deleting the files hasn't worked.
  • Options
    Dang this site. It says it has to approve my post. I just typed a bunch of stuff. Anyway, this is not under your documents folder. You get there by clicking on your C: drive or whatever your main drive is. I got this information a while back off of Crinricts site here is the link http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

It also gives you a link on how to unhide those folders because some like local and app data will be hidden so you can't see them.
  • Options
    Dang this site. It says it has to approve my post. I just typed a bunch of stuff. Anyway, this is not under your documents folder. You get there by clicking on your C: drive or whatever your main drive is. I got this information a while back off of Crinricts site here is the link http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

It also gives you a link on how to unhide those folders because some like local and app data will be hidden so you can't see them.

If you are not VERY computer savvy DO NOT mess with these files at all. Find a friend, relative or hire a computer expert to help you with this.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Have you tried .... Take out all your mods.

Move a Sim onto an empty lot and place a counter fridge and stove only and see if that Sim can cook. This will determine if it is a bug or just something misplaced in the other house.

Save as and rename your save. This helps with file corruption.
  • Options
    My sims can semi cook now...

If you are not VERY computer savvy DO NOT mess with these files at all. Find a friend, relative or hire a computer expert to help you with this.

I know enough but I can ask my boyfriend
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Have you tried .... Take out all your mods.

Move a Sim onto an empty lot and place a counter fridge and stove only and see if that Sim can cook. This will determine if it is a bug or just something misplaced in the other house.

Save as and rename your save. This helps with file corruption.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh. Don't really feel like taking them all out... Again.... The last time I had an issue I spent 5 hours putting them all back. Lol sides, I only have 2 script mods and those I added after the problem.
  • Options

Yes, I agree. You really need to understand what files do before you delete them. If you don;t feel comfortable doing this, then take out you mods and repair your game. Right click on the game and choose repair. Then add your mods in one at a time testing the game after each add to see if one of them is causing the problem. Besides deleting your thumb cache also delete the contents of your cache files in Sims 4 but do not delete the file in there called Filecache.

Before you touch your files might I suggest you save the entire Sim4 folder to your desktop? This will help if you mess up anything but be sure to name it something else like Sims4_backup.

Another thing to try: After backing up your folder, delete the one in documents and restart the sims4. it will create a new folder but then you have to put in all your saves, tray and mods. Here are some directions: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809578/a-word-of-advice-before-patching-reset-your-sims-4-docs-folder-how-to-included#latest
  • Options

Yes, I agree. You really need to understand what files do before you delete them. If you don;t feel comfortable doing this, then take out you mods and repair your game. Right click on the game and choose repair. Then add your mods in one at a time testing the game after each add to see if one of them is causing the problem. Besides deleting your thumb cache also delete the contents of your cache files in Sims 4 but do not delete the file in there called Filecache.

Before you touch your files might I suggest you save the entire Sim4 folder to your desktop? This will help if you mess up anything but be sure to name it something else like Sims4_backup.

Another thing to try: After backing up your folder, delete the one in documents and restart the sims4. it will create a new folder but then you have to put in all your saves, tray and mods. Here are some directions: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809578/a-word-of-advice-before-patching-reset-your-sims-4-docs-folder-how-to-included#latest

I've already tried repairing the game. Also, like I already said, I'd rather not spend HOURS adding back in every. single. thing. back into my mods folder. I have two THOUSAND files and only two of those are script files which were added after the problem started.

Now. I've noticed that my sims can make fruit and yogurt parfaits and blts. They can do quick meals. They can get stuff out of the fridge. They can cook on the grill. Haven't tested baking yet.

I think it's something to do with the cutting board. They can't make anything on a cutting board or recipes involving the cutting board after a bowl.
  • Options
    Guys the same bug happend to my game too before worldcrest patch. It happened after Origin's update and after I placed one lot from the gallery. Not sure which one caused the bug

Sims cannot cook, money deducted but sims wont open the fridge. Sims can only have quick meal and they open the fridge with that option from any distance!!

How I fixed it?
    - first I deleted the lot that I suspect might have caused the bug
    - Then I repaired the game.

After that the fridge worked correctly again. I have no mods that affect the fridges in any way but I have other mods.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    This just started happening in one of my games. I have no mods just a small amount of cc which wasn't even being used in this save file.
    Sims are unable to do any interactions with the fridge.
    Is something corrupting the save file?

Funny thing is I read this thread and thought I havent had this problem for a long time. Then i go to play my game and it happens to me..

Lol same thing here. When I read this thread it didnt happen in my game.
    After reading it in a week or so it happened in my game too
    giphy.gif