Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Hi everyone, I started a BitLife Controls My Sims challenge. I believe I dropped a link in here sooner. If you are accustomed to my usual writing, I have longer "journal" entries to accompany the other posts. Or if you want something different than my usual fare, I have commentary-style posts as well, plus SimBit extras over on my Simblr.

little-miss-daija-bleu.png?w=676

If either of those things interest you, or if you're already reading, I have a new entry today - A Swift and Sudden Betrayal or if you're new... start here. Hop around, read it all, or any combination of the above if you like.

For some reason, Wordpress is giving me grief today, so I can't like your story, but I did finally find time to read and enjoy it.
    I played a bit with a game similar to Bitlife on my KindleFire, but it's hard for me to read that tiny screen, so I never got around to actually making a simlit of it.
    image.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I started a BitLife Controls My Sims challenge. I believe I dropped a link in here sooner. If you are accustomed to my usual writing, I have longer "journal" entries to accompany the other posts. Or if you want something different than my usual fare, I have commentary-style posts as well, plus SimBit extras over on my Simblr.

If either of those things interest you, or if you're already reading, I have a new entry today - A Swift and Sudden Betrayal or if you're new... start here. Hop around, read it all, or any combination of the above if you like.

For some reason, Wordpress is giving me grief today, so I can't like your story, but I did finally find time to read and enjoy it.
    I played a bit with a game similar to Bitlife on my KindleFire, but it's hard for me to read that tiny screen, so I never got around to actually making a simlit of it.

@SimTresa I'm having problems with Wordpress in the last few days. I can't stay logged in, I can't comment, or like others posts either.

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »

@SimTresa I'm having problems with Wordpress in the last few days. I can't stay logged in, I can't comment, or like others posts either.

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

You're welcome. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    between orgin and mods i haven't got to play yet,
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh that's weird lizzie. I wonder why it's acting up.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh that's weird lizzie. I wonder why it's acting up.

What's odd is I can stay logged in and update on my own site. I just can't reply on other people's WordPress sites or like posts. Must be a glitch.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited August 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 have you cleared your cookies? (This isn't me assuming anyone's dumb but I gotta go to bed and don't want cookie questions keeping me up so here's the how to for most browsers: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic :pensive:)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey, everyone! Tomorrow, Aug. 17, is Founder's Day! That's right! It's @friendsfan367 's birthday!

Happy Birthday, Sis! So happy that your idea of this Writers' Lounge is still going strong so many years later! Hope your birthday is wonderful! Thank you for all you do every day! <3

friendsfan03.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Happy birthday, @friendsfan367! Hope you have a fantastic day! :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    @divanthesimmer

Ahh okay, I thought you meant chinese characters can't be used on the forums. But if you mean the pinyin version can't be typed its because of what the english slang of it means. :wink:

I thought so! :D
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Happy anniversary of the day you officially came into being @friendsfan367 :D
    And now back into the aether I go :p
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    EIkwuom.jpg
    Hey everyone! Today marks the second anniversary of Nightshade, and to celebrate, here's a new chapter I've been really excited to work on! Read Chapter 90 here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup Happy storyversary! I think your screenshots and writing have come a long way in that time so I hope you're feelin' good about it.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    And happy birthday @friendsfan367, I guess today's a pretty alright day. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    And happy birthday @friendsfan367, I guess today's a pretty alright day. :p

well if mr coffee would have died to days from now it would be better but other than that its great
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    *decloaks*

Yeah, I know I haven't really been around or writing... but I'm hoping to get some story in! I'm getting close to the first chapter of yet another new thing... I know... but it's gonna be great!

Also, happy birthday @friendsfan367 !
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    giphy.gif
    Happy Birthday @friendsfan367
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    I know you already got a message from me, but happy birthday (+1 day) @friendsfan367! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @squirrelwithacup Happy storyversary! I think your screenshots and writing have come a long way in that time so I hope you're feelin' good about it.

@InfraGreen Thank you!! I agree that they have, I'm proud of how far I've come in 2 years. Sometimes I do cringe looking back at the beginning though. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hail, fellow simmers and writers.

I was thinking for some time about how to better phrase it, but nothing comes to mind so I will be as subtle as a sledgehammer - this is a visit in search of shameless self-promotion.

Recently I had a minor crisis (I will spare you the details) and due to this I have removed my work from the forums. I come here in hopes of attracting readers and interest to other sites that contain my story.

klbozJd.jpg

Follow the adventures of a vampire who has awoken in a new, unfamiliar world. The journey will not be an easy one and will present many difficult questions both for him and for you. The story contains mature topics, violence, strong language and other not suitable for children elements. Viewer discretion is advised.

I strongly encourage zooming in. Pages are huge. Forgive me for that - terrible eyesight is terrible.

"Midnight" can be read on DeviantART and Archive Of Our Own.

Not sure what else to say, to be honest. I hope this post will not annoy anyone.

Have a nice day, happy slimming and writing.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    I finally got the Yomins' new house ready, then was delayed because I thought I might have to start all over due to more game lag than usual. I think the issue has been fixed, so here are two new chapters of Hidden in Sight.

4.32 Packing
    [url="hhttps://museurania462371994.wordpress.com/2020/08/18/yomins-4-33-moving-in/ttp://"]4.33 Moving In[/url]
    image.png
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I tried to mix genetics to create an alien/sim hybrid, and the disguise isn't popping up in CAS. Is this normal? Or is it a glitch?
  • Options
    I tried to mix genetics to create an alien/sim hybrid, and the disguise isn't popping up in CAS. Is this normal? Or is it a glitch?

Hybrids don't have disguises. They only have the alien social interactions and alien skin. :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member

Hybrids don't have disguises. They only have the alien social interactions and alien skin. :)

Sorry, I should clarify. A child of a Sim and an Alien, who is an Alien, but their disguise wasn't popping up despite them being an alien. It seems to have fixed itself once I played the household, but it was a bit weird for a second.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I think sometimes you have to click "create disguise" I recall seeing that at one point. I ran into an alien hybrid in my game once and she accidentally managed to get an alien disguise but it's her as an actual alien. Mostly because I was messing around in full edit mode to create a family for her.
    That I think might be a bug.

On a side note I think it's really cool that you can see toddler vampire forms when they're on the gallery. Even though you can't see them normally.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top