Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2020
    March's issue of Simperium Magazine (in which I'm featured) is out! You can read it here:

https://joom.ag/Y8iC

PS: Sorry if the ranting is a bit much - I was just expressing my honest opinion.

@divanthesimmer I don't think you were ranting. You expressed your thoughts articulately and thoughtfully. So cool to see you featured! And what a gorgeous magazine!

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed my feature and didn't find me annoying, lol! I agree - it really is a gorgeous magazine.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited March 2020
    ep2bER5.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    well sis will be happy playing with ayden tonight. i wanted to earlier this week but had a broken mod, which was affecting the game.
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    well sis will be happy playing with ayden tonight. i wanted to earlier this week but had a broken mod, which was affecting the game.

Which mod was it? I think I might have it too...
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited March 2020
    Worlds apart chapter 10 :) (contains adult/mature themes read at your own discretion)

Worlds Apart Chapter 10

Post edited by Rainesims on
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • Options

Which mod was it? I think I might have it too...

slice of life. i think. but i heard xml injector is also broke so as much as i love kawistacies mods for now i took them out. xml works alot of her mods
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    I feel super prolific again. I have enough screenshots that I’m going to have one post a day for the next few weekdays.
  • Options
    I feel super prolific again. I have enough screenshots that I’m going to have one post a day for the next few weekdays.

i had this cute pic of rylan kissing rebeca goodnight but i don't think he wanted anyone to see it. can't find it.

i also decide Brandon Ay
    dens son might be a genuis. he broke the dollhouse then went to bed. so for all ayden knows four other kids could have done it.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member

i had this cute pic of rylan kissing rebeca goodnight but i don't think he wanted anyone to see it. can't find it.

i also decide Brandon Ay
    dens son might be a genuis. he broke the dollhouse then went to bed. so for all ayden knows four other kids could have done it.

Yep that's genius level sneakiness allr ight! lol. One of my sims wasn't quite that fast as a kid. Got caught int he act of cleaning up his own mess.
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    does anyone have any tips on how to dress a Sim!child (not a Sim!Teen) in 50s-like clothing if I can't find apporite CC?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »

i also decide Brandon Ay

Yep that's genius level sneakiness allr ight! lol. One of my sims wasn't quite that fast as a kid. Got caught int he act of cleaning up his own mess.

they do that too. but so far no one got caught. ayden had gone to bed cause it was like 3 am. so brandon just went to bed like nothing happened.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited March 2020
    Rainesims wrote: »
    Worlds apart chapter 10 :) (contains adult/mature themes read at your own discretion)
    https://rainesims.wordpress.com/2020/03/05/worlds-apart-chapter-10/

I can't access your link. Says ip addres not found on my mobile. I'll try on my pc when I get home.

Edit: PC doesn't work either.
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
  • Options
    MythologicatMythologicat Posts: 19 Member
    @MadameLee I love historical/decades clothing, especially the ‘40s and ‘50s! My best suggestion would be to look at websites that show authentic kids clothing from the decade for inspiration—for example, this website has images of 1950s sewing patterns that give a really good look at what kids actually wore: http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1950skidsfashion.html or, just check out google images and search 1950s children and get some real-life pics of people from the 50s.

A lot of wardrobe staples can be used to simulate a similar sort of look—I would focus a lot on collared shirts (always tucked in) and slacks or what I would call “dress shorts” for boys, and collared dresses and/or blouses and skirts for girls. Stuff that today we would consider “church clothes” (at least, here in the US South where I live). Looks like overalls were decently popular too. I think what will really sell the vintage 1950s look will be the hair—lots of very structured, short and/or slicked back hair styles for boys of all ages, and girls kept very clean and structured hair styles as well.

Of course, you can also go for the classic 50s rockabilly/poodle skirt look (leather, polka dots, blacks/reds/pinks, a Grease/Elvis vibe), but that’s probably not how most people dressed day to day, and I don’t think most children followed those trends like the teens and adults did. Plus, it really cuts down on your cc options. I hope this was at least somewhat helpful!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2020
    (nevermind)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited March 2020
    Rainesims wrote: »
    https://rainesims.wordpress.com/2020/03/05/worlds-apart-chapter-10/

I can't access your link. Says ip addres not found on my mobile. I'll try on my pc when I get home.

Edit: PC doesn't work either.

Thankyou for letting me know @mercuryfoam <3 gonna try and fix it :')

edit: I've fixed it :) i edited my old one but its working now ^_^ <3
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hey everyone! Here's my entry for this month's Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge and the conclusion to Veronica's story:

https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2020/03/06/the-life-of-veronica-grey-part-3/
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    More rainbow goodness! Catch up with Generation Five today!

Rainbow Sundae 5.0
    Rainbow Sundae 5.1
    Rainbow Sundae 5.2
    Rainbow Sundae 5.3
    Rainbow Sundae 5.4
    Rainbow Sundae 5.5
    Rainbow Sundae 5.6
    Rainbow Sundae 5.7

Rainbow Sundae 5.8
    Rainbow Sundae 5.9
    Rainbow Sundae 5.10

I have posts scheduled for Monday-Thursday of next week. They will go live each day at 9:00AM CST. I'll post the links daily too just to make it easier. Or I'll forget, but ya know what... I'm gonna try.

As always... viewer discretion is advised with Rainbow Sundae. The usual T for teen for language, content and so forth.

---

Also... I was wondering @friendsfan367 if you or @CathyTea could add Rainbow Sundae to the list of active SimLits and writers. ^.^"
  • Options

Rainbow Sundae 5.0
    Rainbow Sundae 5.1
    Rainbow Sundae 5.2
    Rainbow Sundae 5.3
    Rainbow Sundae 5.4
    Rainbow Sundae 5.5
    Rainbow Sundae 5.6
    Rainbow Sundae 5.7

Rainbow Sundae 5.8
    Rainbow Sundae 5.9
    Rainbow Sundae 5.10

I have posts scheduled for Monday-Thursday of next week. They will go live each day at 9:00AM CST. I'll post the links daily too just to make it easier. Or I'll forget, but ya know what... I'm gonna try.

As always... viewer discretion is advised with Rainbow Sundae. The usual T for teen for language, content and so forth.

---

Also... I was wondering @friendsfan367 if you or @CathyTea could add Rainbow Sundae to the list of active SimLits and writers. ^.^"

cathtea takes care of that. its only the second time we missed someone. adamandeve hung out here so much we assumed her story was in the directory. :)
  • Options

---

cathtea takes care of that. its only the second time we missed someone. adamandeve hung out here so much we assumed her story was in the directory. :)

Haha. Thank you much. I never asked just cause... I dunno, I’m always kinda self deprecating when it comes to this stuff... cause in the past I did a ton of promotion for my stuff, getting added to lists and groups and stuff... but then I’d eventually drop the story.

I know I spam Rainbow Sundae decently regularly, but I just didn’t wanna bother anyone to add me to a list. But... I guess seeing as I’m halfway through the legacy it’s safe to say: It’ll be finished. Haha.

I’ve made it easier on myself to stay interested in the legacy by making each generation it’s own short story.
  • Options

---

Haha. Thank you much. I never asked just cause... I dunno, I’m always kinda self deprecating when it comes to this stuff... cause in the past I did a ton of promotion for my stuff, getting added to lists and groups and stuff... but then I’d eventually drop the story.

I know I spam Rainbow Sundae decently regularly, but I just didn’t wanna bother anyone to add me to a list. But... I guess seeing as I’m halfway through the legacy it’s safe to say: It’ll be finished. Haha.

I’ve made it easier on myself to stay interested in the legacy by making each generation it’s own short story.

i'm in double digits with the benders actully.i lost count of how many times i started over. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top