Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 You've inspired me! I think once I get Realm of Magic I'll be creating a Bachelor/ette Challenge of my own... with a "spellbinding" twist...

@Xantheanmar aww... thanks. And cool. Actually, I was thinking ahead, as I'm having so much fun with this type of story, to doing another season in a different setting.

Not sure I'll do a season in the new world yet, but I'm considering an exclusive supernaturals bachelor/bachelorette contest in season 2.

I'd love to see yours. I'd be happy to submit a Sim too. :)

On that subject, I'm super excited about Realm of Magic. It looks amazing!

Yes, you've inspired me as well. I'm going to start a Bachelor challenge with my Simself and then the winner will start a legacy with him! :D

That's a cool idea. :)

I'll share a little bit about it in my Party At My Place short story. ;)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    lizzielilyyyy I really like City Living, but everyone is right... Seasons really does change gameplay. Holidays and fall colors and rain was enough to draw me in. I just purchased Get Famous but haven't really played yet. I love the festivals and food stalls of City Living and the look of San Myshuno, the diversity of characters, and the beautiful park.

@AdamsEve1231 One of the best parts of Get Famous are the clothes. *happy squee*

I use the cool leather jacket and those bling shoes are so many guy Sims.

Good to know. :) Thanks. I hope to play tonight.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hiya everyone, if you haven't caught up yet, check out Bachelor & Bachelorette: Sulani Style - with a bachelor competition (Paramours in Paradise) and bachelorette competition (Sweethearts in Sulani).

aJzxBJh.png
    The first major vote is up for Sweethearts in Sulani.Vote for your favorite guy! You can vote until Saturday, August 31st and it's a close one, folks. We might even need a tie-breaker. ;)

I426Ic8.png
    The voting for the ladies hasn't begun yet, but you can read their bios, and check out the competition! :) The drama is already started, and one of the contestants has her eye on another man. :o Enjoy! Thank you to all the lovely Simmers in this community who submitted Sims for the competition. I'm having such fun with everyone!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hiya everyone, if you haven't caught up yet, check out Bachelor & Bachelorette: Sulani Style - with a bachelor competition (Paramours in Paradise) and bachelorette competition (Sweethearts in Sulani).

aJzxBJh.png
    The first major vote is up for Sweethearts in Sulani.Vote for your favorite guy! You can vote until Saturday, August 31st and it's a close one, folks. We might even need a tie-breaker. ;)

I426Ic8.png
    The voting for the ladies hasn't begun yet, but you can read their bios, and check out the competition! :) The drama is already started, and one of the contestants has her eye on another man. :o Enjoy! Thank you to all the lovely Simmers in this community who submitted Sims for the competition. I'm having such fun with everyone!

Haha...I LOVE the selfies! It's such a fun story to read and the Sims are very entertaining competitors!
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 "Indie Jones"? Really? :wink:

While I'm thinking about it (and while I've realized that this might actually get me a few answers), I'm considering getting my first (well. Technically second, since I had to buy Late Night with the base game because starter pack!) Expansion Pack for the Sims 3. (Yes, I own the Sims 3, I just haven't played with it much but have recently been getting back into it.) I'm trying to decide between Generations, Into the Future, University Life, and Supernatural. (The ones I don't get will go on my "wish list", so I'll get them eventually... hopefully.) What do you guys think?
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I don't know much about Sims 3 yet because I only got it fairly recently. And I don't have much in it yet. I got the .. expansions? When they were on sale for only a couple dollars. But haven't had a chance to play them yet.

University life was fun though, I did get to play that one a little bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

While I'm thinking about it (and while I've realized that this might actually get me a few answers), I'm considering getting my first (well. Technically second, since I had to buy Late Night with the base game because starter pack!) Expansion Pack for the Sims 3. (Yes, I own the Sims 3, I just haven't played with it much but have recently been getting back into it.) I'm trying to decide between Generations, Into the Future, University Life, and Supernatural. (The ones I don't get will go on my "wish list", so I'll get them eventually... hopefully.) What do you guys think?

I think you should get Supernatural, because you get so many new occults and lots of gameplay. Generations is great if you're a family player, though a lot of things happen in rabbit holes, like proms and graduation ceremonies. University Life is fun, but is only worth it if you have Sims who want to go to college (I recommend using it with legacy families - you can also meet a lot of interesting Sims who can become legacy spouses in the University world). Into the Future is worth it if you're really into sci-fi and high-tech, futuristic items - you can meet your descendants and the choices you make now has an impact on the future of Oasis Landing and your descendants - can turn out okay, really good or really bad. So, the last three packs I mentioned are great for family/legacy gameplay (in my opinion).
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Welp, the first proper entry of Strange Days is finally here! Read it?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Cc7fPsY.png
    Hey all! I hope you enjoy Chapter 60 of Nightshade, which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member

@Pinmat135 Everyone has given great suggestions. It’s hard for me to pick just one Sims 3 pack cause I enjoyed them all. So my advice might be to take a look at what occult comes with the pack. For example, I liked generations a lot but I despised the imaginary friends. They creeped me out so much. I’ve got horror stories of them...
  • Options
    I’ve been doing pretty much daily updates on my legacy lately cause I’ve been playing the family so much. It seems impossible that I’m at part 23 when I just started posting on August 23rd, but I do have the tendency to post multiple posts in a day if I feel like it. That and my posts tend to be shorter. I try to keep it under 15 pictures per update.

So if anyone is interested in binge reading a goofy legacy with brightly colored sims... check it out.

Today’s update... 1.23

I already have updates scheduled for tomorrow and Friday, so be excited... I guess?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2019
    Interlude:
    u6BGh1H.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i tried getting a pic of alex. but wordpress won't post it.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Thank you everyone for your insight! I bought City Living and Seasons since they were both half price :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your insight! I bought City Living and Seasons since they were both half price :)

i got city living well after noel and lauren died. so they had never seen apartments or any features of city living noel was in a club one night and had to "go" he used the talking toilet which he had been sitting on when he realized it talked he finished what he was doing stood up and peed just cause he was fascinated by it.

i love that story cause most of the benders story is about being naked this one is about advances in technology since death.
  • Options

Haha. The people who submitted Sims named the characters.

@Pinmat135 I love TS3! Uni Life is so fun. I love the classes, dorm living, bonfires, and coffee houses. Supernatural adds so many new types of Sims to play. I really enjoy fairies and werewolves. I've played a lot with vampires too. And I know some people complain about it being small, but I really enjoy Moonlight Falls. It's a beautiful forest world. I've played the least with Into the Future. I don't know if it's necessary. Generations adds fun options for teens, parties, and treehouses.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Hey guys? I need a reason for Princess Juliet to be introduced to her very distant Cousin Kendall Wade by her parents/grandparents
    since until the business of the chapter "Look What You Made me Do".. I want the implication that Juliet and Wade are courting?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    okay its 7 hours later and the pic of alex still wont show up. if i was a newborn with 5 brothers and a sister i probably wouldn't want to be bothered either. if alex is causing me this much trouble i'm in for a intresting ride. i haven't wrote anything about ayden and alana yet.
  • Options
    Dropping another chapter for everyone, 1.24

I bought the Moschino pack and I love it. Weird clothing and gorgeous furniture/build stuff. So if you're on the fence... do it. It's only ten bucks and you get amazing loft windows, cool stuff to hang on the walls and this outfit...
    batch5_075.jpg
    It's perfect for Aiden... it may or may not be perfect for your Sims too.

• Options
    Not_HumanoidNot_Humanoid Posts: 39 Member
    > @TheYayToast said:
    > Dropping another chapter for everyone, 1.24
    >
    > I bought the Moschino pack and I love it. Weird clothing and gorgeous furniture/build stuff. So if you're on the fence... do it. It's only ten bucks and you get amazing loft windows, cool stuff to hang on the walls and this outfit...
    > (Spoiler)

Your signature XD
    also thanks for the tips I was a bit like EHHH? And didn't want to get it but I might now!
  • Options
    Dropping another chapter for everyone, 1.24

I bought the Moschino pack and I love it. Weird clothing and gorgeous furniture/build stuff. So if you're on the fence... do it. It's only ten bucks and you get amazing loft windows, cool stuff to hang on the walls and this outfit...
    batch5_075.jpg
    It's perfect for Aiden... it may or may not be perfect for your Sims too.

i like the clother and furniture i just wish there was more. i'm not much of a photograper. i think alex peoves that. i take a pic of him and it doesn't show up. plus i love modren furniture since well never get something like ultra lounge from sims 3 i would have liked a little more.

but i'm not one of the people that say this pack is horrible i still like it.
  • Options
    Not_HumanoidNot_Humanoid Posts: 39 Member
    I want some tips on making a legacy. Ideas/tips?
  • Options
  • Options

hi sorry i was having pic issues so just saw this.

i let my chracters lead the story. sometimes they go in directions i'm afraid too.
  • Options

@Not_Humanoid My advice is to have fun playing the game and set challenges for yourself. Sometimes playing a legacy becomes tiresome if all you’re worried about is taking screenshots. Sit back and enjoy the randomness that can occur during gameplay. Follow whims and see where that goes. Set challenges for your family to meet. You don’t have to use specific challenge rules, but working to meet goals every generation keeps interest up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top