Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Epiphany is the 12th day of Christmas, or January 6th, @friendsfan367. It celebrates the appearance of the wise men or magi visiting baby Jesus, though it's assumed this took place much later (presumably 2 years later). Some traditions include a house blessing, singing, and eating king's cake.

I always wondered when the 12 days of Christmas are...I assumed it began 11 days before 25 December, which was the last day. Really insightful, @AdamsEve1231!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i get annoyed when i set up the shot then the benders get naked. opps this isn't invisible ink. but i'm still denying i said it if joseph sees it. lol

If? :grimace:

yeah joseph still off e :) ither that or he played hooky,
  • Options
    Epiphany is the 12th day of Christmas, or January 6th, @friendsfan367. It celebrates the appearance of the wise men or magi visiting baby Jesus, though it's assumed this took place much later (presumably 2 years later). Some traditions include a house blessing, singing, and eating king's cake.

thank you my nieces were loud from the time i called mom til the time they left. so i'm exhausted today.

mom tricked me i didn't expect to get lego harry potter for christmas . cause i couldn't see it on amazon but she used her friends account.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

I always wondered when the 12 days of Christmas are...I assumed it began 11 days before 25 December, which was the last day. Really insightful, @AdamsEve1231!

Actually it's starts (I guess) on Christmas or boxing day and goes until January 5th. (Which interestingly enough-is when Orthdox Christians children get their Christmas gifts)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

thank you my nieces were loud from the time i called mom til the time they left. so i'm exhausted today.

mom tricked me i didn't expect to get lego harry potter for christmas . cause i couldn't see it on amazon but she used her friends account.

@friendsfan367 Ours was pretty quiet, but that was nice because we have been so busy and I'm still recovering from a head injury.

Sounds like a nice gift. Almost got a lego Star Wars rebel forces pilot and plane in a white elephant exchange (because we could steal gifts), but I ended up with a pretty bracelet instead. It's fun to try and hide gifts from family. I got creative this year about where I hid things.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

You're welcome, @divanthesimmer.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    i get annoyed when i set up the shot then the benders get naked. opps this isn't invisible ink. but i'm still denying i said it if joseph sees it. lol

If? :grimace:

yeah joseph still off e :) ither that or he played hooky,

I foresee more nekkid Benders. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

@friendsfan367 Ours was pretty quiet, but that was nice because we have been so busy and I'm still recovering from a head injury.

Sounds like a nice gift. Almost got a lego Star Wars rebel forces pilot and plane in a white elephant exchange (because we could steal gifts), but I ended up with a pretty bracelet instead. It's fun to try and hide gifts from family. I got creative this year about where I hid things.

My cat found her gift. She could smell the catnip even being buried under a bunch of other stuff....lol
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    I'm discovering it's kind of annoying when movies been remade more then once. So if you're trying to find the "good" one you have to know the year it's made
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How is it I happened to borrow ideas from directors without even knowing it until now?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    How is it I happened to borrow ideas from directors without even knowing it until now?

no but i used to steal ideas from jes,
  • Options

Actually it's starts (I guess) on Christmas or boxing day and goes until January 5th. (Which interestingly enough-is when Orthdox Christians children get their Christmas gifts)

I've always observed Epiphany on January 6th but it varies depending on which day you consider Day 1 (Christmas or Boxing Day). This year, since we own a home, we are doing a traditional house blessing poem and cake with friends. We also typically read Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, just because.

It can also signal the start of Carnival, in some traditions before the fasting period during Lent. Carnival can be crazy, over the top entertainment.

Anthropologists and sociologists consider it a time for reverse rituals, acting against the social norms and acceptable behavior, a time when society went wild in certain festive gatherings. Parades, fairs, masquerades, feasts, and parties were prominent (and in some faith traditions and cultures, still observed).

Also a Carnival feast in the Middle Ages was often the last hearty meal of the season because of food shortages and the inability to preserve meat any longer, so the last remaining stores would be used up. Carnival season also has negative connotations of excess, degredation, and senselessness, though it doesn't have to be indulged or celebrated in such way.

I started observing certain holidays and rituals in college to help with battling seasonal affective disorder. It's a form of self care for me. I like to view it as a time to celebrate darkness to light as it is after the shortest day of the year (both physical and metaphoric light). I light lots of candles, enjoy winter walks, try out hearty new recipes, buy new books to read, watch good natured humorous films, wear colorful jewelry, and listen to fun music. I plan to host house parties this upcoming season.

I view it as a season of eating, drinking, and being merry or doing things that bring me happiness and joy, a much milder fashion than traditional raccous carnival, but that's what the season has come to mean for me. Sociology was my minor in college, fyi.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

My cat found her gift. She could smell the catnip even being buried under a bunch of other stuff....lol

My cat opened his before Christmas (well one of them)... By open it I mean claw it open himself. :lol:
  • Options

I've always observed Epiphany on January 6th but it varies depending on which day you consider Day 1 (Christmas or Boxing Day). This year, since we own a home, we are doing a traditional house blessing poem and cake with friends. We also typically read Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, just because.

It can also signal the start of Carnival, in some traditions before the fasting period during Lent. Carnival can be crazy, over the top entertainment.

Anthropologists and sociologists consider it a time for reverse rituals, acting against the social norms and acceptable behavior, a time when society went wild in certain festive gatherings. Parades, fairs, masquerades, feasts, and parties were prominent (and in some faith traditions and cultures, still observed).

Also a Carnival feast in the Middle Ages was often the last hearty meal of the season because of food shortages and the inability to preserve meat any longer, so the last remaining stores would be used up. Carnival season also has negative connotations of excess, degredation, and senselessness, though it doesn't have to be indulged or celebrated in such way.

I started observing certain holidays and rituals in college to help with battling seasonal affective disorder. It's a form of self care for me. I like to view it as a time to celebrate darkness to light as it is after the shortest day of the year (both physical and metaphoric light). I light lots of candles, enjoy winter walks, try out hearty new recipes, buy new books to read, watch good natured humorous films, wear colorful jewelry, and listen to fun music. I plan to host house parties this upcoming season.

I view it as a season of eating, drinking, and being merry or doing things that bring me happiness and joy, a much milder fashion than traditional raccous carnival, but that's what the season has come to mean for me. Sociology was my minor in college, fyi.

If I remember my history correctly wasn't Jan 5 (or around it) "Feast of Fools" or something?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 and @Bugsie2016

My cat is enjoying her catnip toys, and was thrilled by the laser pointer. It was so cute. She pounces on it and chases it around. (FYI, the laser pointer wasn't a gift for her; it came in this awesome LED flashlight I snagged for my husband's stocking for his car).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

If I remember my history correctly wasn't Jan 5 (or around it) "Feast of Fools" or something?

On or around the 1st of January. In the Middle Ages, most notably in France.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Actually interestingly enough many "feast" days were also instituted for practical reasons - to ensure the lower classes were fed and nourished so they could continue working. Another reason for the feasts was so the elite could share their wealth so the food wouldn't spoil or go to waste as they couldn't possibly eat everything. This is actually fun remembering these things from my studies.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Should I post the first chapter of my next story?
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

is that what' it's all about? so.. it starts on....? uh.. Christmas?
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »

is that what' it's all about? so.. it starts on....? uh.. Christmas?

Depends on when your tradition celebrates. Like @MadameLee said, it could be the 25th or 26th.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Uhhhhh... Feb 26th - March 1st... ^^;;;
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Hiya! I got a randon discussion for y'all:
    Tips for getting more readers.Better marketing? Be better at writing? More active on forums?

At this moment you can heard the sounds of my last bit of dignity fading away
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    Uhhhhh... Feb 26th - March 1st... ^^;;;

No December. Traditionally 12 days of Christmas starts December 25th or 26th and extends until January 5th or 6th. January 6th is typically when Epiphany is observed.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Hiya! I got a randon discussion for y'all:
    Tips for getting more readers.Better marketing? Be better at writing? More active on forums?

At this moment you can heard the sounds of my last bit of dignity fading away

i'm only at like 78. but a lot of those were from when the lounge started now theres one for sure and maybe a few lurkers.
  • Options
    Well, you said when my tradition celebrates. xD hence why i said my actual dates. I know nothing about Christmas except that it's in December and I get presents from people that celebrate it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top