Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 preteen stage

Comments

• Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Yes it is great idea. Child age up and she/he is teen. It is not very good. And she/he go to the high school. But middle?
  • Options
    Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2015
    Here are The Loave Family siblings as pre-teens. :)

Don't get over excited... They're edited with Adobe Photoshop. x)

https://www.facebook.com/TheLoaveFamily/

YMdbHHU.png

EcAtUIZ.png

KtesqFy.png

j83nTvX.png

aTIzBm6.png

Post edited by Ansett4Sims on
  • Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    I would want mood swings and stuff like that. Here's an example: first a girl feels flirty because she's talking to her crush, then her friend starts flirting with her crush so she gets angry and yells at her friend, then she feels sad for yelling at her friend & starts crying, but then she gets embarrassed from crying. Make sense? I also think that there should be weird heights like some girls are taller than the boys. There should also be acne & braces, because c'mon, they're preteens! I love the idea of crushes, it sounds adorable. And it would be cool if they could go to middle school. I really like the idea of preteens and if EA can make them they can have my money ;)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Katrinku wrote: »
    Yes it is great idea. Child age up and she/he is teen. It is not very good. And she/he go to the high school. But middle?

Might I point out that in some countries there is no middle school?

@other people Might I point out that the first two Harry Potter books, Harry and Ron (not so much Hermione since she's going on 12 when the Trio meet on the train) are pre-teens in those books. While in books 3-7 they teenagers (Hermione is 15 by then).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Preteens are the kids in middle school ages 10-13 they go through puberty like no other pimples form, crushes develop, attitudes like no other just like in the sims 3 they should have mood swings like no other.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    if Preteens are added Get together would have pre-teen Clubs.
    Exactly

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't really see a need for pre-teens.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    I think that a preteen is a great idea and isn't impossible, they are in the sims freeplay after all! I think its a priority bc children are like, 8, and teenagers are 16 so preteen would be great!

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

there is it makes the Aging Child from Teen Less Jarring.
  • Options
    Here are The Loave Family siblings as pre-teens. :)

Don't get over excited... They're edited with Adobe Photoshop. x)

https://www.facebook.com/TheLoaveFamily/

YMdbHHU.png

EcAtUIZ.png

KtesqFy.png

j83nTvX.png

aTIzBm6.png

omg that's awesome! I really want preteens now!
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Preteens sound like a good idea to me. The teens in the game look exactly the same as YA+, and I find that extremely annoying. They may as well be an extra adult stage. (Unless you count them as 16-19, which is realistic) I have never seen an 11-14 (15?) year old look like that. (Young teens, preteens, whatever) They're still playing with their moms makeup and just starting to gain some responsibility in their lives. I also think it would be cool to see them looking up to their older teen siblings, seeing them as super cool and mature, taking advice from them, etc. That would leave no age empty if toddlers are also added. Babies, toddlers 2-4, children 6-10, preteens 11-14, teens 15-19, and YA+ is 20+

I know not everyone would agree, but it's pretty easy to skip age stages in TS4 if you don't want to deal with them.
  • Options
    Preteens sound like a good idea to me. The teens in the game look exactly the same as YA+, and I find that extremely annoying. They may as well be an extra adult stage. (Unless you count them as 16-19, which is realistic) I have never seen an 11-14 (15?) year old look like that. (Young teens, preteens, whatever) They're still playing with their moms makeup and just starting to gain some responsibility in their lives. I also think it would be cool to see them looking up to their older teen siblings, seeing them as super cool and mature, taking advice from them, etc. That would leave no age empty if toddlers are also added. Babies, toddlers 2-4, children 6-10, preteens 11-14, teens 15-19, and YA+ is 20+

I know not everyone would agree, but it's pretty easy to skip age stages in TS4 if you don't want to deal with them.

Having them look up to their older siblings and parents would be adorable! And having the girls play around with their older sister's makeup and the boys trying to act cool like their older brothers! I would love that!
  • Options
    librabubbleslibrabubbles Posts: 1 New Member
    I really love the idea of having another age group. It is hard to create realistic families with the options we have. In my family alone I need an infant, toddler, child, preteen, and teenager. I would also love an older adult between adult and elder. I had a hard time creating my mom and grandmother together. It's just so crazy going from a infant to a 10 year old, then a 10 year old to a 18 year old on here.
  • Options
    ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member

Not meaning to be rude but why are you here then? Sorry....
  • Options
    Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    Here is a 2nd pic I made 2 days ago.. :)

jWJpWiQ.png
  • Options
    CaselNobotTivaCaselNobotTiva Posts: 137 Member
    Idk,guys, from what I've seen (I haven't played sims 4 yet) children already look kinda more like 12 than 9-10 they looked in sims 3. Especially the girls, like the only thing they luck is some kind of small 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that just have started to grown up that you'd see in a pre teen stage. To me, it's more likey they need to add an age to looks more like 6-8 years old and keep this one as preteens. I agree though that they need to add the toddlers first (cause yeah it seems very weird to have an infant and then have it be like 12 right away, that's creepy).
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I'm down for whatever they developers put in the game. I'd like them to bring acne back. I'm cool with the little crushes also. Vandalizing properties to write they love that person. It's so cute
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes toddler so we can do more with them and some younger teens to fix the mess we have with teens now B)

family play still seriously lacks, even after two main expansions :(

what have we had for family play

nada really
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I'm for it, but it seems they'd have to find the right sweet spot for height and whatnot, cause the pre-teen/tween designation seems like a period of growth that is filled with a LOT of variation and change, and this game has so far not supported things like height changes, due to the issues it would cause with animation. So the tween group would probably all be the same height and where do you put them closer to, teen body structure (e.g. early puberty) or child body structure (pre-puberty completely)? I wonder which people would want if they had to choose.

It seems to me like they'd make the most sense as early puberty body structure. Otherwise I would think they'd be too similar to what is already designated as child sims. Unless we are saying they're just slightly older child sims? But it does seem like they make the most transitional sense if they give the impression of a combination between child and teen. I'm not convinced that pre-teen would even be a good designation for them. Maybe I'm thinking more of early teens. I dunno.

It's weird, cause the way the presets are with the teens we have in this game, they pretty much all look like they're 16 at the youngest and more like 18-19 most of the time. So that leaves a pretty big gap in appearance. But maybe that's why they can get away with the teens being able to do stuff like Mess Around. *shrug*
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    I personally would like Pre-teens, it would be awesome but sadly I don't see it happening in Ts4. The Sims team would have to make an actual effort, put in time, resources and content for them...and we r still missing a toddler life stage we may not get and they even cut corners so we have 3 adult stages (adult, young adult and teen). Sorry if I sound negative just thought I share my opinion.
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

AgREEESS. Please people make a comment or say "sign" in this thread about preteens/tweens
  • Options
    JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    To be honest I would almost want an upgrade to the children, to allow them to have more functions than they do currently.

That said, I have nothing against pre-teens being added into the game, I am just not sure what the mechanical change would be outside of aesthetic.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Even if we still got this life stage including toddlers too, I would still like to see a little bit shorter teens. It's not absolutely needed especially if we get this new life stage, but it would be a nice detail. :)
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 89 Member
    > @CaselNobotTiva said:
    > Idk,guys, from what I've seen (I haven't played sims 4 yet) children already look kinda more like 12 than 9-10 they looked in sims 3. Especially the girls, like the only thing they luck is some kind of small 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that just have started to grown up that you'd see in a pre teen stage. To me, it's more likey they need to add an age to looks more like 6-8 years old and keep this one as preteens. I agree though that they need to add the toddlers first (cause yeah it seems very weird to have an infant and then have it be like 12 right away, that's creepy).

No, they look more 8-ish to 9-ish. I don't think Sims 4 children represent preteens IMO. It looks like they didn't even hit puberty yet. Preteens would be much taller and have actual developing/maturing bodies. Older preteens might have sudden voice changes unlike children (Maybe they could have the same voices as children).