Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 preteen stage

Comments

• sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    If you look at the concept arts of children, they will look more like preteens...Were they planning to make kids look like preteens rather than 7-year-olds? That's fine with me.
    emmaning wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)
    sims4_plainjane005-copy.jpg

Omg wht is she wearing? Looks like a badly matched outfit to me.

A lot of people wear badly matched outfits in general. Trust me, I've seen it.
    edited June 2015
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

A pre-teen is a child and we already have them.

No, we don't. The children in the Sims 4 have more child-like appearances. Preteens are a totally different thing. They're taller and preteen girls have tiny boobs (OMG, but it's true.), tiny waist, and you know what I mean.
    Post edited by sydwilgirl23 on
    simsilver wrote: »
    A jump from child age to teen age seems too unrealistic.

Please EA & Maxis make them happen.
    Pre-teen. Who will go the middle school? Child supposed to go kindergarten.

*Elementary
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yes I would love to have a full cradle to grave experience with toddlers and preteens added into the game.

It would be cool if preteens looked kind of like Molly from Toy Story:
    e1a2cd1a6a36e082fe81754ef943311f.jpg

and Riley from inside out latest?cb=20140827025848
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yes I would love to have a full cradle to grave experience with toddlers and preteens added into the game.

It would be cool if preteens looked kind of like Molly from Toy Story:
    e1a2cd1a6a36e082fe81754ef943311f.jpg

and Riley from inside out latest?cb=20140827025848

YASSS!
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    preteen

relating to a child just under the age of thirteen.

child

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority

There is a difference between a child and preteen. A child is someone like under ten and a preteen is someone around the ages of 10-12
    edited June 2015
    To7m wrote: »
    I fail to see what a 'pre-teen' is and I have yet to actually see one in real life. You're either a child or a teen or an adult - there is no in between.

At least, that's my opinion anyway. It personally wouldn't bother me if they did add them - I just don't see the point.

--T

What? You must be blind as a bat. There are a lot of preteens to see in real life. And when you fail to see what a preteen is, I think you need to research it and reform yourself...sadly...
    Post edited by sydwilgirl23 on
    edited June 2015

A pre-teen is a child and we already have them.

N/A
  • Kristoff BjorgmanKristoff Bjorgman Posts: 284 Member
    > @crazycat_135 said:
    > If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

Crushes, crazes... Being embarrased by their parents and siblings. So many possibilities. Teenagers are pretty much adults to me in this game. I'd love a smoother transition from children. Not playing dolls one day and messing around the next in a hot tub or under covers.
  • RockinSheepRockinSheep Posts: 25 Member
    I would love to see pre-teens (or tweens as some people call them), but only if they're also going to add in toddlers and properly flesh out the teenagers. Make sure that there are some actual differences between each age stage. Perhaps teens are more prone to odd swings, pre-teens can have little crushes but get embarrassed around the one they like with toddlers learning all their skills like walking, talking & pooping. Children could be more likely to play games with each other and be more hyper. It'd be nice to see a bit more variation between young adults, adults and elders bar the slight aesthetic change (and elders being easier to tire).

Just overall seeing more of a difference between each age stage as well as the extra ones ^^
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I would love to see pre-teens (or tweens as some people call them), but only if they're also going to add in toddlers and properly flesh out the teenagers. Make sure that there are some actual differences between each age stage. Perhaps teens are more prone to odd swings, pre-teens can have little crushes but get embarrassed around the one they like with toddlers learning all their skills like walking, talking & pooping. Children could be more likely to play games with each other and be more hyper. It'd be nice to see a bit more variation between young adults, adults and elders bar the slight aesthetic change (and elders being easier to tire).

Just overall seeing more of a difference between each age stage as well as the extra ones ^^

Awesome idea. btw would appreciate if you comment on this thread about the tweens and toddlers EP
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2015
    To7m wrote: »
    I fail to see what a 'pre-teen' is and I have yet to actually see one in real life. You're either a child or a teen or an adult - there is no in between.

At least, that's my opinion anyway. It personally wouldn't bother me if they did add them - I just don't see the point.

--T

What? You must be blind as a bat. There are a lot of preteens to see in real life. And when you fail to see what a preteen is, I think you need to research it and reform yourself...sadly...

What? Please show me a pre-teen! A pre-teen is what I would call somebody who is not 13, which actually makes them a child. Not a pre-teen. There are NO pre-teens in real life and if you think then YOU need to reevaluate YOURSELF.

If you're 12 you're a child. If you're 13 you're a teen. There is no in between. Go troll elsewhere.

--T

ETA: Typo.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2015
    preteen

relating to a child just under the age of thirteen.

child

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority

There is a difference between a child and preteen. A child is someone like under ten and a preteen is someone around the ages of 10-12

No, they're still a child.

What is with this pre-teen thing? Like, seriously? You want a life stage that would last 2/3 days a best? What's the point. You'd have a sim that can do everything a child can do yet only some of what a teen can do? It doesn't work like that.

I think people are confusing pre-teens with puberty. Children can go through puberty, you know. That doesn't make them pre-teens, it makes them mature children.

I dunno, to each their own I suppose but this seems stupid.

--T

ETA: yes, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, EA. not plum, 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    missmani09 wrote: »
    I respect everyone's Sim ideas and discussions.
    Most of the time if I see a topic\idea I am not interested in I do not participate in it.
    And this topic is one of those.
    I just want to say that I do NOT like the idea of pre-teens and
    I respectfully do NOT understand why people want or entertain the idea of pre-teens in TS4.
    I mean why???

You already have a child, then a teen, who happens to be the same height as YAs but oh, well.
    I say the dev should just patch in toddlers and let things be.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Would be so nice if they added pre-teens the jump from child to adult-teen is crazy.

As ChadSims2 says ^^^.
    I don't even have the desire to play families with these teens. They look like they are at the very end of the teen stage. They look like I missed out on a major portion of their young lives since the jump from the child stage. I was ready to give them a party and kicked them out, but I simply lost interest in the family after that.

I only play young adults now and will not bother with family sims until toddlers arrive and they either add pre-teens or do the animations for a different teen body type. The teens that we have now were a rush job to get the game out.

exsactly

if the teens we have just looked like teens I would only despratly mis toddlers
    (would still want other age stages but not in a way that it breaks the game exerienc for me)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    missmani09 wrote: »
    I respect everyone's Sim ideas and discussions.
    Most of the time if I see a topic\idea I am not interested in I do not participate in it.
    And this topic is one of those.
    I just want to say that I do NOT like the idea of pre-teens and
    I respectfully do NOT understand why people want or entertain the idea of pre-teens in TS4.
    I mean why???

You already have a child, then a teen, who happens to be the same height as YAs but oh, well.
    I say the dev should just patch in toddlers and let things be.
    I would have to strongly disagree why would anyone want missing life stages in a life simulator I cant understand the logic in that unless you only enjoy the adult life stage. For me all these life stages each with unique interactions and activities for those life stages would make the perfect game.

The-sims-freeplay-life-stages.png

that pictures covers most my needs and wants
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2015
    have2admit wrote: »
    To me the children look and sound about 5-6. The teens look and sound about 15-16, maybe 17 but that's pushing it. I think there should also be 2-3 year old, an 11-12 year old, a 21-22 year old (YA), a 40 year old (adult), a 55 year old (middle age), and a 75 year old. (elder) :)

agree on the middle age, still look like adult (with a few more wrinkels) but females can't get pregnant

but the sims4 teens for me look 15 (at the youngest but more 16/17) to 19 for me - it simply their hight and bone struckture thats to grown up

so I'm missing
    age 1-6 (toddlers... maybe toddlers and preschool)
    age 13-15 (small teens)

and want
    age 55-70 (midleage)
    just realized that preteens/tweens (as well as teens and toddlers) has been introduced in FreeTime[/i]. The concept was made by Jessica Brett. Here are some pictures for pre-teens/tweens concept in FreeTime (to compensate the loss of our loveliest teens)

sims_freeplay___school_tween_by_nef_jessb-d5gq698.jpgschool tweens
    sims_freeplay___tween_girls_by_nef_jessb-d5f80hb.jpgtween girls
    sims_freeplay___tween_boys_by_nef_jessb-d5ft327.jpgtween boys
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    just realized that preteens/tweens (as well as teens and toddlers) has been introduced in FreeTime[/i]. The concept was made by Jessica Brett. Here are some pictures for pre-teens/tweens concept in FreeTime (to compensate the loss of our loveliest teens)

sims_freeplay___school_tween_by_nef_jessb-d5gq698.jpgschool tweens
    sims_freeplay___tween_girls_by_nef_jessb-d5f80hb.jpgtween girls
    sims_freeplay___tween_boys_by_nef_jessb-d5ft327.jpgtween boys

you mean Freeplay Free time was a name for sims 2 EP.
  • Alechinis2Alechinis2 Posts: 113 Member
    > @crazycat_135 said:
    > Maybe if we get toddlers we could even have preschool.

OMG! Preeschool would be so cool... as well as getting nannies back!
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    This debate about pre-teens baffles me, they are completely unnecessary IMO. If we look at the structure that existed in S3 we have:
    Babies - 0-1
    Toddlers - 2-4/5
    Children - 5/6-12
    Teens - 13-17
    YA/Adult/Elder -18+
    So we need an additional lifestage why? The only room for manouevre is to take from the child stage and make them 11-12, possibly 13 at a stretch. Children are growing up and learning about the world around them and forming their first relationships. Teenagers sre making the difficult transition to adulthood and taking their first steps into the tricky business of intimacy with a partner (without going the whole hog), and are by nature fairly rebellious while still retaining elements of childishness. What then is the schtick for pre-teens? \it means a new height is required and the corresponding time-consuming and expensive animations to go with it. For such a limited age-group with no real function? I don't think it's worth it.
    KevWalker wrote: »
    This debate about pre-teens baffles me, they are completely unnecessary IMO. If we look at the structure that existed in S3 we have:
    Babies - 0-1
    Toddlers - 2-4/5
    Children - 5/6-12
    Teens - 13-17
    YA/Adult/Elder -18+
    So we need an additional lifestage why? The only room for manouevre is to take from the child stage and make them 11-12, possibly 13 at a stretch. Children are growing up and learning about the world around them and forming their first relationships. Teenagers sre making the difficult transition to adulthood and taking their first steps into the tricky business of intimacy with a partner (without going the whole hog), and are by nature fairly rebellious while still retaining elements of childishness. What then is the schtick for pre-teens? \it means a new height is required and the corresponding time-consuming and expensive animations to go with it. For such a limited age-group with no real function? I don't think it's worth it.

honestly I need it becous the teens are to old... as they have the same hight and bonestructur as adults... and thats gives the feeling of missing something.

If teens as teens in sims3 was their own shape... well then I wouldn't feel a need for them.... but might still feel a want

• pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    I honestly think that before EA entertains the idea of "pre-teens", they need to add toddlers to the game and make teenagers a LOT more interesting. Like people mentioned in previous posts, teenagers have limited interactions and gameplay compared to the children, and are basically the same as young adults in the game.

However, the idea of pre-teens is pretty cool and interesting. I just hope EA adds toddlers back to the game first - as they were great aspects of previous Sim base games - before adding an entirely new life stage.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
    I honestly think that before EA entertains the idea of "pre-teens", they need to add toddlers to the game and make teenagers a LOT more interesting. Like people mentioned in previous posts, teenagers have limited interactions and gameplay compared to the children, and are basically the same as young adults in the game.

However, the idea of pre-teens is pretty cool and interesting. I just hope EA adds toddlers back to the game first - as they were great aspects of previous Sim base games - before adding an entirely new life stage.

absolutly agree
    Babies - 0-1
    Toddlers - 2-4/5
    Children - 5/6-12
    Teens - 13-17
    YA/Adult/Elder -18+
    Babies - 0-1
    Toddlers - 2-4/5
    Children - 5/6-12
    Teens - 13-17
    YA/Adult/Elder -18+

going to cp this :P

the idea for preteens, tweens, sims2 teens, whatever the name is, is to bring back the 2 missing skeletons back to us, the Sims2 toddlers and the Sims2 teens.

Sims2 in 2004 contains 6 different skeletons: baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, and elder; while Sims4 only have 4 different skeletons (baby, child, adult, elder). It's a huge setback compared to what we should have back in 2004. Maxis should work 24h on returning back what we miss: the proper toddlers and the proper teens. So instead of reducing the height of the Sims4-teens (teens, what teens? do we have teens in Sims4??), the better strategy is for Maxis to create a new age group, pre-teens, which actually a new Sims2teens-like skeleton, but in a whole new age group.

This would introduce back the 6 missing skeletons spread within 8 age groups (baby, tods, child, tween, teen, y adult, adult, elder). Plus the introduction of education and learning system (learn to potty for tods, learn in school for tweens and teens, home schooling, etc.), the EP back to school is a perfect point to reintroduce what we've missed as well as adding extra bits to compensate our wait for what we supposed to have in the base game. This means that Maxis went a step back a little bit to move by forward by a gazillion steps. I bet Sims fan community would appreciate this strategy. So seriously Maxis better work for these!

People only see the obvious, missing toddlers. They don't realize there are no teens in Sims4! the teens in Sims4 is just a skinny and redundant young adult who can't even develop acnes nor go pass curfew and be grounded nor show mood swings (considering now sims4 has emotion, Sims4 teens are pretty much, a mature, emotionless teen