Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Holiday Resort for River View (now closed and finished)

Comments

• Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    edited August 2015
    I think @calmorezoo is having too much fun with the new builds. I absolutely loved them myself so there's no blame in that. I'm just anxious! :grimace:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    Hello all, sorry to keep you all waiting Ivenow set up the results post
    Here= http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13938373/#Comment_13938373

But ive not finished the judging yet.
    So far ive completed judging the parts in relation to the build, creativity and so one.
    But ive now got to do the live play part. hopefully I will of completed this by the weekend.

Take care and happy simming
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Life has been really hectic for me lately; my husband's cat is REALLY sick and we're thinking in the next few days we're going to have to bring her to the vet for her final rites. But, she's 14 years old so she's not a young kitty anymore. I logged into see if the results are in (trying to distract my mind!) and I'm biting my nails in anticipation. I'm so excited to see who wins! :D
  • Options
    @WaterHornet I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It makes me sad, especially when the pet has been in the family for so long. I hope she has a speedy recovery so she wouldn't have to go to the vet.
    On a happier note: We've all probably constantly checked the site about a dozen times, going straight to @calmorezoo's judges results post. We're so excited, yet so nervous!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    23kels89 wrote: »
    @WaterHornet I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It makes me sad, especially when the pet has been in the family for so long. I hope she has a speedy recovery so she wouldn't have to go to the vet.
    On a happier note: We've all probably constantly checked the site about a dozen times, going straight to @calmorezoo's judges results post. We're so excited, yet so nervous!

Well, sadly the cat didn't recover. The final probable diagnosis was not only intestinal cancer but possibly brain cancer as well. Her weight crashed again between yesterday and today and she was in an awful state, stumbling around delirious, crying all day, and refusing all food and water. We brought her to the vet to help send her to kitty cat heaven (which is probably also people heaven...I don't know; my family's Catholic and lately they been changing their minds a lot about certain theological foundations) and she will be missed very much. I've been crying like a maniac and I can't really contain myself right now. Maybe in the next few days, but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them.
    On a better note, as I was submitting my final draft of the challenge I thought "Man, I spent days on this. I'm really proud of myself! Not to brag but I think I got this one in the bag... :smile:" Then I saw your submission and thought "Well, at least I gave it my best shot." Seriously, I read the story and looked at all the pictures and I could see just how much effort you put in. I'm impressed for sure and I won't be at all surprised if you nab the top spot, and if you do it's well deserved :D Still anxious to see the results roll in. At least it'll give me something different to occupy my mind.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Well, sadly the cat didn't recover. The final probable diagnosis was not only intestinal cancer but possibly brain cancer as well. Her weight crashed again between yesterday and today and she was in an awful state, stumbling around delirious, crying all day, and refusing all food and water. We brought her to the vet to help send her to kitty cat heaven (which is probably also people heaven...I don't know; my family's Catholic and lately they been changing their minds a lot about certain theological foundations) and she will be missed very much. I've been crying like a maniac and I can't really contain myself right now. Maybe in the next few days, but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them.
    On a better note, as I was submitting my final draft of the challenge I thought "Man, I spent days on this. I'm really proud of myself! Not to brag but I think I got this one in the bag... :smile:" Then I saw your submission and thought "Well, at least I gave it my best shot." Seriously, I read the story and looked at all the pictures and I could see just how much effort you put in. I'm impressed for sure and I won't be at all surprised if you nab the top spot, and if you do it's well deserved :D Still anxious to see the results roll in. At least it'll give me something different to occupy my mind.

Sorry for the lost of your furry family member, at least she aint in pain now. I lost my DP support dog Enoch only 2 weeks ago and my dad a month before that so I know how you must be feeling. I find my self crying at silly things like adverts on TV coz Enoch was a very music reactive dog .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    @calmorezoo I'm so sad to hear of your losses too. I know how much support dogs mean to the people they care for. I had a professor in college who had muscular dystrophy and, oh for real I can't think of that dogs name...it was a black lab though (this is the stupid memory loss I get from chemotherapy. I hate those pills...but I love them at the same time. They keep me around to type these messages!), and she let her off duty while class was in attendance so we could all pet her and give her hugs and kisses and such. She was devastated when that dog passed. I think I said before but here it is again: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad too. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose a parent. I've lost many, many family members, friends, and pets over the years and the wracking pain eases but I find it doesn't really ever go away. But humans are tough creatures and we manage to find it in ourselves to keep going despite tragedy and heartbreak. For now, though, let's distract ourselves with some Sims 3.
  • Options
    MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    So sorry to hear your loss @WaterHornet - I know how you must be feeling right now. My family lost our Labrador at the end of last month, she was more than a dog. She was the only living memory of my grandparents (she was theirs). Hope you're okay
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    @calmorezoo Sorry for the wait, my internet decided to take a vacations shortly after you pmed me xD Anywho I reuploaded both links, I could not remember where I had placed the original spawners so I placed them all back to the best of my memory. Hope they work this time ^^
  • Options
    @WaterHornet I kind of doubt myself with that since I submitted it in real late. But thank you so much for your confidence. And by the way, yours was really good, too! You had so many cool things about your hotel that all I could think of was "Why didn't I think of that?". The 1-800-GAMBLER part really made me laugh. It was a good pitch. Have you seen my rooms? Talk about PLAIN JANE! Also, I just looked through your hotel again. I must have missed your sauna room; I thought it was real cool. I think your sauna room belongs by my pool. LOL!
    I'm sorry about your cat. I know it's tough losing a member of your family. Your Forums family will be here for you, too. So whenever you need a virtual shoulder, we're here for you. We'll also cross that bridge with you when you need us to. I lost my puppy because my ex's sister ran her over as she was leaving the house. I cried so much that my eyes got so swollen and my vision became bad. It looked like 10 bees stung my face. But it just takes time. :)
    Stay happy, dear friend!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    Hello all sorry im taking so long to complete judging only over the last few days RL as got anoying once more.

thank you @Ariy i will dl once more.

@23kels89 i am juding your entry, as part of the comp because there have been many dl issues with other entries.

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    AHH!!! It feels like I'm checking back really late and I see only a few entries fully judged. I really like how feedback is being left and it's as if a real person was sent to our resorts for a secret stay. When I worked for Sheraton Hotels we actually were subjected to just such a secret guest test. Someone from the corporate offices is sent to each Sheraton property and quietly checks-in and takes notes with no hint they're pretty much marking us up or down on a huge checklist. Those were always nerve wracking. But here I'm really enjoying having as "secret shopper" check-in to each of our properties and giving feedback on how to improve our guest's stay and ways we can improve our property overall. Really @calmorezoo this contest is such a great idea. I hope (and I suspect you are so it's pretty much moot but, whatever...I'm going to say it anyway) you're having as much fun judging our entries as we had making them! And thanks @23kels89 for getting a chuckle out of my pitch. I think working in in the hotel industry for 10 years may have given me such an eye for details like that. I've worked at some hotels that out-and-out lied with their sales packages. I would look them over and say "Where in this building is a room that looks like this? Certainly not here; these shabby, run down rooms we actually have must be Photoshopped in this brochure..." It's all in how you spin it... ;)
  • Options
    @WaterHornet you are not kidding! Recently our apartment stopped taking payments with money orders or checks, it's all done online now. So my husband and I went online to the apartment's website. We were looking at the page and I kept telling him it was wrong. The pictures were beautiful, there was this garden/pond looking area (which we did not have). He said we were on the right page because the address was exactly the same. So we looked through the introductory photos and room photos - no similarity. It was upsetting because it was completely false advertising!
    By the way, I hope you're feeling much better :blush:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    Just checked back and found my results! Wow, I'm very pleased with the outcome. A little annoyed with myself for the blackjack table and chairs but should have checked how to use it first (I've never used it before! :#) Thank you so much for the lovely feedback, good luck everyone else! :D
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    @calmorezoo is everything okay? I haven't read any new feedback on thethe competition posts lately. Nor have I seen any other threads or comments from you around the forums. I hope everything is alright, and hopefully RL isn't being such a pain.

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    @calmorezoo is everything okay? I haven't read any new feedback on thethe competition posts lately. Nor have I seen any other threads or comments from you around the forums. I hope everything is alright, and hopefully RL isn't being such a pain.

Im ok, just very busy with work and family stuff.
    Im just about to add some more results. But game is being slow to place staff in all the hotels, which isnt helping.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    calmorezoo wrote: »
    Im just about to add some more results. But game is being slow to place staff in all the hotels, which isnt helping.

Aww. Is there anything I could do to help, virtually?
    And I know how that could be - work and family. I've been up the wall... 5 dozen times... with them.
    I sure do hope RL settles down a bit for you.
    On the bright side -- school's almost open again. A little bit of "me time" is just around the corner. :wink:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    calmorezoo wrote: »

Aww. Is there anything I could do to help, virtually?
    And I know how that could be - work and family. I've been up the wall... 5 dozen times... with them.
    I sure do hope RL settles down a bit for you.
    On the bright side -- school's almost open again. A little bit of "me time" is just around the corner. :wink:

Thankyou, but im doing ok, RL should be quiet from tomorrow as im off the rest of the week B)
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Hello all, sorry to keep you all waiting Ive now set up the results post
    Here= http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13938373/#Comment_13938373

Take care and happy simming
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Hope your okay and things aren't too hard on you :)
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    Eek! I was reading one of the results and @calmorezoo mentioned 'no windows in the guest rooms'...
    I hope this doesn't lower my points as my rooms don't have windows either. Actually, none of the rooms (except the lobby and gift shop) had any windows. I kind of liked the way it looked without it. :confused:
    Perhaps maybe natural lighting would have made the rooms more cozy.
    I'm bummed. :frowning:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    @calmorezoo just wanted you to know I responded to your wall post :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    All results and judging comments have now been posted
    The Winners are

o:) Hotel Heaven
    1st= 23Kels89 with La belleza [gets 500ssp]
    2nd= Kementari with Hill top lodge [gets 300ssp]
    3rd= Waterhornat with Little Caesar palace [gets 200ssp]

>:) Motel Hell
    1st= Sharonxyz with Dream motel [gets 500ssp]
    2nd= AriyAriy with Bottom dollar motel [gets 300ssp]
    3rd= No winning entry [gets 200ssp]

Over all
    1st = 23Kels89 [gets1000]
    2nd =Kementari [gets800]
    3rd = waterhornat [gets600]

Link to Results Post

Thank you everyone for taking part. I had hours of simming fun on all your lots.

please post the links to the items you would like or you may if you wish share your winning with other simmers by giving me a link to their wishlists

Happy simming and have fun with your new items.
    Post edited by calmorezoo on
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Eek! I was reading one of the results and @calmorezoo mentioned 'no windows in the guest rooms'...
    I hope this doesn't lower my points as my rooms don't have windows either. Actually, none of the rooms (except the lobby and gift shop) had any windows. I kind of liked the way it looked without it. :confused:
    Perhaps maybe natural lighting would have made the rooms more cozy.
    I'm bummed. :frowning:

LOL dont worry no points lost for no windows. just me asking why!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congratulations to all the winners! Everyone's build was really well done, I love how different they all were :)

Cal can you please divide my points up among the entry's that didn't receive something that would be wonderful :)

I believe they are:

Smilzpretty - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SmilzPretty (though everything on their wishlist is rather large lol)
    MysticOstrich08 - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MysticOstrich08
    Kgaff - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kgaff