March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

!! TWO NEW UPLOADS !! (8/06/15){Sunset Valley Remodel}

AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
good-house-remodeling-clipart-home-finished-projects-customer-reviews-contact.jpg
Hello all. I have set out to remodel and fill all spaces in Sunset Valley over the summer. I will post builds here as I get them, as well as the sims I will repopulate with :smile: .
Post edited by AriyAriy on

Comments

• AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    edited August 2015
    ::::::Lot's Currently Under Construction::::::

NOTE: Names Are Links
    :::Resedential Lots:::
    • 1 Sun Song Ave. : {70% Complete}
    • 7 Sun Song Ave. : Unnamed Lot {65% Complete: In Construction}
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    :::Commercia/Communityl Lots:::
    • 5 Sun Song Ave. : The Tea Pot {100% Complete}
    • 2 Sun Song Ave:
    edited August 2015
    ::::::Lot's Completed::::::

:::Resedential Lots:::
    • 9 Sun Song Ave. : Fiesta Shores Home
    • 7 Sun Song Ave. : Name {Album Link Here}
    • 3 Sun Song Ave. : Shipyard Manor- 1br, 1ba
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    :::Commercial Lots:::
    • 5 Sun Song Ave. : Name {Album Link Here}
    edited June 2015
    ::::::Future Use::::::

:::Something Here:::
    • Text Here
    • Text Here
    :::Something Here:::
    • Text Here
    • Text Here
    edited June 2015
    This is my first home for the project. I would like some critique before I take finale pictures. Also I do know I misspelled Fiesta x_x
    House Link: Fiasta Shores Home\
    Images found here: Slideshow
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I like your use of LP culums and mix and match in the house
    the outside tub is a great idea, but might want to ad bath inside to, for season.
    the lot seem to have neede to be leveld before you build, that might be great to do next time
    why do you have 3 thrashcanes in the kitchen?
    great idea to use colors to enchant the pictures.
    maybe recolors the buble lights from generation, the stand out a bit.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited June 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    I like your use of LP culums and mix and match in the house
    the outside tub is a great idea, but might want to ad bath inside to, for season.
    the lot seem to have neede to be leveld before you build, that might be great to do next time
    why do you have 3 thrashcanes in the kitchen?
    great idea to use colors to enchant the pictures.
    maybe recolors the buble lights from generation, the stand out a bit.
    Thank you for your critique. <3
    Hmm I forgot about the snow *face-palm* Will defiantly be adding an indoor tub/shower.
    I didn't notice the lot was uneven. I will have to remember to check before I start the next build :)
    The trashcans represent recycling bins, I forgot to recolor them so they would represent metal, paper, and glass recycling bins.
    It was not my idea, I saw it in a speed build quite some time ago, and I really loved the idea, I just now figured out how to do it xD . Glad you like it though :)
    I might just replace those lights, I am not sure I am too fond of them Xo
    Again thank you for your critique, it is very much appreciated <3
    ah thats a good idea with the trach cans

yes you see a slight uneven ness in teh egde... just leveling the whole lot before you build every time (even if you can't see it) is smart.

I forgot to tell you how much I like the artist room
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 2015
    That is such a cute home! I love the eclectic decor throughout and you've done a great job with the color scheme and textures. My suggestions would be more for how you take your pictures than the subject matter, and I don't claim to be an expert so you can take all of this with a grain of salt. First off, I'd suggest using the cameraman mode for taking your pictures. It can only be used in live mode by pressing the tab key. Moving your mouse will make the camera look around, the arrow keys will move it around, and the Q and E keys change altitude, important for those sim-eye-view pictures. This mode gives you so much more freedom to get just the right angle. Actually, here is a link to a little guide that probably explains it much better than I did: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740702.page#11779281 (Sadly the pictures are broken, but I think it makes sense and is helpful even without)
    Other than that, I would say that you don't need to take pictures of every corner of your build. Between an overhead shot to show the layout and a couple pictures of each room, it's possible to get a pretty good idea of how everything fits together. That is just a personal preference, though, and maybe you just did that because you were asking for suggestions, in which case I apologize. One shot that would be nice to see is the whole front of the house with walls and roof up. A sort of what you would see if you were walking up to this house from the street picture.
    Again, all of these are just suggestions and opinions. I think you've made a lovely little home and I look forward to stalking this thread and seeing what else you come up with as the summer goes on. :)
    agree camaraman mod is fantastic

also shots I allways want to see:
    - overhead shot of each floor
    - front of lot
    - a few choosen detail shots

I like the overhead shot becouse they give me a great feel of the lot
    Okay I have updated the Fiesta Shores Home. I have some pictures but have not uploaded them. Hopefully I can get around to making cover photos for the :p

And my newest build is for 5 Sun Song Ave. and is called The Tea Pot. It is currently marked as a java hut and I think it could easily be converted into a bakery, if you have the set from the store. One of my favorite build since I started playing he sims, I really want the canning shed out back of the store <3 I tried the cameraman mode with the screenshots, it seem to work better. I also turned my graphics up so the plants would look a little better (they were bugging me looking all 2D xD) I think that is it. Here is a link to the rest of the screenshots: Album/Slideshow
    Screenshot-859.jpg
    Screenshot-862.jpg
    Screenshot-860.jpg
    Screenshot-859_1.jpg
    that look really nice and cosy, perfect cafe for the beach area.
  • jaynnickjaynnick Posts: 150 Member
    I tried to do that, but once I had finished with a house, the value/price went up to 200-300K, making it very tedious to have sims purchase it and move in :/
    jaynnick wrote: »
    I tried to do that, but once I had finished with a house, the value/price went up to 200-300K, making it very tedious to have sims purchase it and move in :/
    Yeah I thought of that but I figured for the homes my sims would not be living in I would just do freerealestate and for the rest I wanted to make a few started homes and first "real" homes. I think it will work and if not most of the homes shells are not that pricey so buying unfurnished is an option :) Thanks for the comment btw <3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,259 Member
    Aw, your Tea Pot build is very cute and inviting :)
  • littlebirdielittlebirdie Posts: 38 Member
    Looks great so far! I love the Tea Pot build too! <3
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Aw, your Tea Pot build is very cute and inviting :)
    Thank you <3
    Looks great so far! I love the Tea Pot build too!
    Thanks. I hope I can get it done by Aug 24th lol or it may take a while XI
    And here is a sneak peek at what I am working on : D
    Screenshot-899.jpg
    Two new builds, a starter home and a beach remodel ^^ I know I won't be able to finish the project before school but I will still work on it until it is done, I am have in too much fun with it :)
    Starter Home: Shipyard Manor- 1br, 1ba

Perfect for that sim looking to build a bright future in sweet cheapness. Don't expect to have a red carpet when you arrive, refurbished wood and rusty tin makes a nice contrast to the salvaged windows and doors. It has everything a sim will need.
    Screenshot-936.jpg
    Screenshot-932.jpg
    Just a little bump to get opinions :)
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Nice job on the beach remodel and the starter home. Given your description of the home, I would say you executed your vision of what you wanted the home to be very well. Nicely done. :)
    sigg.gif

petalbot wrote: »
    Nice job on the beach remodel and the starter home. Given your description of the home, I would say you executed your vision of what you wanted the home to be very well. Nicely done. :)

Thank you <3