March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pioneer Challenge-Alpha Stage-Testers Wanted

AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
Hi Guys I have been wanting to get this idea in writing and will start testing it shortly. I would also like to have other to test this challenge or just read over it to give me some feed back so I can make it the best it can be :) Thank you so much for your time.
Pioneer Challenge

This is a generational challenge. The objective is to found a town and make it grow. There are 3 generations. Let me first state that a generation is being classified as the entire lifespan of 75% of your founding YA/A sims. Below is each generation and the things you must do. If you have NRASS turn off story progression. Aging can be set to whatever you want, the shorter it is the more challenging it will be. And lastly try not to cheat unless it is in taking away money to pay for certain actions. Now let’s go settle that town!

Comments

• AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    edited September 2015
    Generation One

Select a world to play in. This can be any world from the store, an EP, or the exchange. You will then need to strip it of all buildings except for those that are required [see below] (you can choose to place a different version of them/it). You do not need to remove lot but you can or just delete the buildings on it and add forest. Once the world is cleared you can create the founding families.
    Lots needed: A fishing spot, a lot with “wild” plants that can be harvested, and a town hall (required by EA). DO NOT LEAVE THE SCHOOL THIS IS PART OF THE GENERATION ONE CHALLENGE!

Founding Families: You should have between two and five founding families. As you play you are free to switch between households, for example if you would like a family to build a specific dowry, then you can play as them, with or without aging on, long enough to fill the sim’s inventory with the dowry. Each household should have a head of house with a spouse, and any of the following:
    • If you have pets you may have up to two horses, one dog and or two cats.
    • Up to three children at any age or gender. (This does make it a little easier as they can help with chores)
    • You may create up to two helpers/servants for your wealthiest founder
    • Now choose a blank lot for the family you will be playing. For all others you will need to build a shelter for them.
    • Period (1800-1899) clothes are not required but they do make it more fun.
    Rules and “Quests”
    To make it successfully to the next generation you will need to complete the following in any order, unless noted (1 and 2 must be done before you do anything else), before your 75% of your founders pass. Note those with astrics (*) are those that will require an expiation pack or store item.
    Things to do:
    • Settle into your new home: The household you play as will need to get the essentials, a toilet and a place for each sim to sleep. This can be an all-in-one*, a toilet in a room, a tent*, or sleeping bags*. (Also at this point you should cancel the paper)
    • Once this has been acquired you need to search for food, you will eat some and plant the rest.
    • Go forth and fill the earth. You can fill your household as much as you want by giving birth. You can write off to adopt if you wish simple deduct 300 simoleons to pay for the child’s fare.
    • Find and plant at least ten plants before winter arrives.*
    • If you wish to add the challenge of teaching the young sims build a schoolroom on your property or a public property (using “testingcheatsenable true” and right clicking). Then befriend all of the town’s children so you can invite the over and teach them. During this gen you cannot have a public school.
    • Build a permanent home. If you are wealthier it must be two store, and all homes should a cellar at least 5x10. If you have pets a shelter of some sort should be erected, it does not have to be a room just a roof of some sort.
    • >For ease you can pre build your other founders homes and just place them when you feel that they have reached that level.
    • Have at least 3 weddings, how else will the next generation be passed on :o
    • >If there is a child out of wedlock the family can choose to force the couple to marry or kick the mother/father out, if you are playing by what would have happened in the pioneer days. Or they could just elope and leave there families to start new ones.
    • Do you feel like you are double dipping into the gene pool, marry my first cousin? Nope. Once you reach the founders four grandchildren you may add three new families via edit town.
    • Have a carnival
    • >If you have seasons make a festival lot, if not throw a party, preferable one in a barn :D
    • Have a general store built. This should be owned by a sim in town and cost them about 5000 simoleons.
    • >You can do this by placing the rabbit whole store or using one of the options below. Just note you cannot buy food with those options.
    • >If you have the cash register from the store or supernatural consignment you can use them to make a store.*
    • Build at least two of the following community lots.
    • >Small park
    • >Tavern
    • >Hangout
    • >Community meeting place (this could be the chapel next to the cemetery)
    • Start a paper. Are there any authors out there? Do Not Add the Journalism Job at this point, simply restart the paper service.
    • *Have a working farm. If you own the chicken coupe or cow corral from the store or any animal raising thing from the Eps you should have at least one of each.
    • *Pickled peaches anyone? If you own the caning station from the store place it in your home and can away.
    • >Can one of each of the fruits and vegetables in your garden.
    • Build a place to bury your dead. Make it beautiful, because they will haunt you if they end up with the plot covered by bugs and muck.
    • >This can be added from the exchange or whatever.
    • >You may want to build a chapel or meeting house next to the cemetery as it was common.
    • Make it to the elder stage then lay back and enjoy those grandkids and great grandkids.

Things not to do:
    • Use their phone during this generation although a landline can be bought after all the founders have entered the elder stage. I know it happens sometimes but avoid it unless you are adopting.
    • Travel or go to university. However the founders grandsons may go to university*
    • Don’t join any career at this point, as the families are busy building the town there are no jobs :p
    • Don’t own any technology. We cannot have such thing from the future falling into the wrong hands, who knows what would happen?
    edited September 2015
    Generation Two
    Congratulations on making it this far. We are now entering a new era. Cars, phones, jobs and ankles.
    Rules and “Quests”
    To make it successfully to the next generation you will need to complete the following in any order, unless noted (1 and 2 must be done before you do anything else), before 60% of your current YA become elders. Note those with astrics (*) are those that will require an expiation pack or store item.
    Things to do:
    •If you have yet to add any new families to your town now is the time.
    o You must add 5 new families with at least four members.
    o You can add up to 10 other new households during this generation, at any time
    o You mast place them in a home with all the necessity. However NO TVS OR COMPUTERS

•Get a job. Any of the following jobs along with any rabbit hole necessary can be added.
    o Fortune Teller
    o As self-employed in Alchemy
    o Acrobat
    o Magician
    o Horseman Self-Employment Career
    o Architect
    o Doctor
    o Educator
    o Firefighter
    o Inventor.
    o Sculptor
    o Business
    o Music: Symphonic Branch
    o Politics
    o Science
    o Criminal (Perhaps it’s just to make ends meet…)
    o Journalism
    o Law Enforcement: Special Agent Branch (Who doesn’t want to be a spy?)
    o Any part time job
    •Get a car, any car, a radio, and a refrigerator, if you don’t already have one.
    o This is a great place to use the old fixer upper from the store*
    •Have more babies!
    • Build at least 4 of the following:
    o Library
    o Park
    o Restaurant/java hut/ hangout with the Business as Usual Bistro or the like to make a restaurant*
    o Business park
    o Up to a three story building of some sort
    o Hang out
    o Vintage art gallery
    o Lounge
    o Bar
    o Pool/watering hole
    •Build a public school. No more need to worry about educating your little sims the teacher will do it for you.
    o If you wish you can continue schooling the old way if you wish but you must place one before this generation ends.
    o Wealthier sims can now send their children to boarding schools. If you do so when the reach their teen years boys must be sent to military school and girls should either stay home and learn to be a house wife or go to the arts school and become ”teachers” until marriage.
    •Feeling a little ill, no worrier the doctor is here. Add a hospital but continue to give birth at home.
    •Some sims have midlife crisis, well suck it up, your town is going through a depression. This occurs when your YA sim reaches the adult life stage and last until you have become an elder.
    o Build a charity lot of some sort.
    This can be a soup kitchen or a homeless camp.
    o Reduce your funds by one half using “testingcheatsenabled True” then “ “familyfunds Lastname amount”
    o You can also take in kid(s) from around town then return them to their parents once they become teen
    o Grow a victory garden
    •Have something repossessed.
    •Take a trip or go to college. If you have the funds do it you deserve it.
    •Become and elder and watch you grand kids play in your backyard knowing there future will be bright.
    •All teens and young lady should be chaperoned when going on a date, to a dance, or out on the town.
    •Have a big party to celibrate your towns history
    o This can be done by adding a festival lot. And calling the festival the party or just invite people over/out to party.

Things not to do:
    •Use a cell phone. You have that newfangled landline through which you can share juicy secrets with friends, as long as your neighbor isn’t listing in.
    •Buy a TV although you can add a movie theater once your YA becomes an adult.
    •No computers yet.
    edited September 2015
    Generation Three
    Babies are booming, or was it the other way around. Anywho, you have made it to the finale generation. So much has happened and there is more to look forward to, T.Vs, disco, roller-coasters, bikinis, and lenient parents. So let’s get going.
    Rules and “Quests”
    To make it successfully to the end of this generation you will need to complete the following in any order, unless noted, before 60% of your current YA become elders. Note those with astrics (*) are those that will require an expiation pack or store item.
    Things to do:
    •Try to have only two-four kids.
    •Throw that money in the air. Get something pricy, that will show those Jones’ (700+)
    •Get a TV, and a Camera* and/or a Camcorder*, and start posting them on your wall. No the one with wallpaper…..
    •If you have pets get a get at least one pet.*
    •Get each child a bike and at least one toy to put in their inventory.

•Build at least 5 of the following:
    o Any of the one from Generation two you have not built
    o A gym
    o High end / modern art gallery
    o If you do not have a festival lot get one.*
    o Culture Center
    o Community Center
    o Store for electronics:
    No computers until they become an adult
    o Playground
    o Community garden and/or center
    o Daycare/preschool
    o Arcade
    o Theme park
    o Local attraction
    o Any type of lot on which sims can do things
    •Join any career you wish
    •Use a cell phone once you reach adult hood.
    •Build a town monument to the founding fathers (Place a statue for each of the founding families one some public lot)
    •Build a Community college
    •Once 60% of your sims becomes an adult you can turn NRASS story progression if you would like.
    Things not to do:
    •During your sims YA stage you should not own a computer.
    •Until your sim is an elder refrain from using futuristic things, i.e. Into the Future elevator.
    edited September 2015
    Over and Out
    Alright so you have made it to the end, I must congratulations you on building such an amazing town. I hope you enjoyed this challenge! Now take your town into the future and beyond
    edited September 2015
    Q & A's
    • Name:
    • Question:
    • Answer:
    Post edited by AriyAriy on
    edited September 2015
    Updates Log
    • 00/00/00 / Discription
    Post edited by AriyAriy on
    Okay Please let me know what you think. I will update as problems arise :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This is very similar to my town legacy challenge and I've got variations for historical tome periods.Your challenge is likely going to end up being very Mod-heavy because you'll have issues with the EA bug-fest trying to force "story progression" on your town and NRaas Mods are a collection of Mods that can help with this issue and you'll need the careers Mod and school careers for the kids.I would also not add a school rabbit hole too soon in the town and rely on home schooling for a long while before adding that school.The NRaas Mods can be found HERE
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    This is very similar to my town legacy challenge and I've got variations for historical tome periods.Your challenge is likely going to end up being very Mod-heavy because you'll have issues with the EA bug-fest trying to force "story progression" on your town and NRaas Mods are a collection of Mods that can help with this issue and you'll need the careers Mod and school careers for the kids.I would also not add a school rabbit hole too soon in the town and rely on home schooling for a long while before adding that school.The NRaas Mods can be found HERE
    Firstly thank you for looking over my challenge. I actually wanted the story progression to be off so that the player is the one making the town grow. Although it could be turned on in the last generation. Hmm I hadn't thought of using carree mods or the school mod, although I have used the homeschool mod from NRaas. I actually though that if a player wanted a school and to be the teacher they could add all the kids and bring them to a "school" lot as the homeschool mod would require a computer, which is not very pioneery. Hopeful I can get it all worked out as I play through it :) Again thank you for your review :D<3
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use NRaas for story progression and tuned the settings so story progression is more like the TS2 version and is mostly done manually like you intended though that is going to require a massive load of NRaas Mods to manage that because the EA bug-fest is broken and tends to keep functioning even when you think you turned it off.I've had to load up on 90 NRaas Mod files just to get the game working for my town legacy challenge and I've even got tons of other Mods in there as well.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I use NRaas for story progression and tuned the settings so story progression is more like the TS2 version and is mostly done manually like you intended though that is going to require a massive load of NRaas Mods to manage that because the EA bug-fest is broken and tends to keep functioning even when you think you turned it off.I've had to load up on 90 NRaas Mod files just to get the game working for my town legacy challenge and I've even got tons of other Mods in there as well.
    Again thank you for your comment ^^ Hmm I did not know that. As I test play I will update with the right mods and also see if there is some way to do it with out mod *keeping my fingers crossed* Thanks again <3
    At all. I intend to play test this, however some serious family issues have come up and I will have to be on hiatus from the game :'( As soon as I can return I will get back to play testing and getting this worked out so it is easily playable :)
    Hey all. I was able to get a computer, it slow but it works. Finals are in a few weeks, but in my free time I will start play testing this :D Updates soon :)