Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ongoing problem

Sending a message to @ SimGuruBChick. I have no ads available to me. Other players are saying that they get up to a thousand points a day. I'm also getting the sponsorpay error again on my launch. There is still so many things that I want in store. I paid for a lot of points on my own, but I hardly get free points from the ads. Is there something that you can do about this? If you read a few of my older posts you will see that this is an ongoing problem. I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Thanks in advance for any positive outcome may come my way.

Comments

• Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    If anyone happens to read this. I managed to see three ads today. It's so sad that I'm happy about that. It's been so long since I've seen any ads. If anyone else had this problem you should let people know. If nothing else, it will make you fell better to vent.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    @Cristill, I can't find you at the old site; do you have a wishlist? I'll gift you something since I have been getting a lot of ads recently (and I used to be in your situation).

The ads are targeted, so you may not be seeing them because you are not in the right country (they are not available in Greece, for example), because you are the wrong age or gender or whatever. Also, they release them at specific times - I see most of the ads around 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. Since you do get some ads, the problem isn't your browser or that you have pop-ups blocked.

My current problem is that the ads I have been getting over the last two days have been broken - I get the box but no ad shows and no points are granted. I thought that was what your post was about - I guess I'll have to make my own.
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Cristill from everything I've read on the forums different things work for different people. The ads do seem to be targeted. Try a number of different browsers with pop up block off, clear your caches. Hopefully something will work for you. Also do join in on the fun in the gifting section. There are very many friendly people in there. Good Luck.

@schweighsr I get two different versions of broken ads right now, one is the black box that I haven't yet found a workaround for. The other is the butter one with the white frame around the box. For this one, I found that if I open multiple tabs then open each of the ads but do not press play yet. Once they are all open, press play on them. Let them run through, get your points. Then clear your cookies and do over again. If the ad plays even once, the cookies in my browser will prevent it from loading again.
    Post edited by scillakees on
  • Options
    jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    if the ads dont play right click reload frames
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Thanks, @scillakees!
  • Options
    @ Schweighsr, I do have a wish list. I want to save for Sunlite Tides as well as other things. I do have the massage table though. Time and patience should bring good things. Thanks for your advice and your generous offer.
  • Options
    @scillakees, Thanks for your input. I would really like to earn my own points, but if all else fails.......
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Cristill wrote: »
    @scillakees, Thanks for your input. I would really like to earn my own points, but if all else fails.......

You'll have to introduce yourself in the gifting section? >:) Be careful in there. We adore newbies and will pounce. >:)
  • Options
    @jjames041 , What do you mean by, reload frames? The ad boxes are not even there to click on. Is there something else that I should click on? I'm not very good with tech stuff. Anything you say to me would have to be on the level of a two year old. LOL
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    scillakees wrote: »

You'll have to introduce yourself in the gifting section? >:) Be careful in there. We adore newbies and will pounce. >:)

They do. I can attest to that as ive been getting an avalanche of gifts in there..

A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    @jjames041 , What do you mean by, reload frames? The ad boxes are not even there to click on. Is there something else that I should click on? I'm not very good with tech stuff. Anything you say to me would have to be on the level of a two year old. LOL
    Cleaning your cache will work. I have my browser set to auto clean them. Also, since some of the ads seem java based, make sure to clean the java cache too (i didn't even know about this until about 10 days ago..)
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    @Dimon6579, Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    get opera browser
  • Options
    @Dimon6579, Could you explain how to clean the java cache, I would also like to know how to have my browser set auto clean for cache. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time and patience in advance. Remember that any explanation must be a step by step as if your talking to a two year old.