Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 10acy Challenge (Beta) Trait Chart Updated 7/21/17

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    @CathyTea How long did it take for your hippie sim to find a mate?

Oh, she took forever! She and Alex Goth were BFFs since childhood, and I really thought they'd end up together, but neither rolled the whim for anything romantic nor did they do anything autonomous romantically. I did have her try a few flirts with a different teen during a party, but nothing really took. Then when Forrest and Gray moved in as her roomies when she was a YA, it seemed like she liked both of them, and they both seemed to like her--but nothing. Gray also seemed to like Tanisha, and Alex seemed to like Emma--but again nothing. Forrest seems to really, really, really like Aya--but nothing. Cathy wasn't interested in anybody until she met Elder Wolff. He was a teen, so even though they were all eyes for each other and you could see the chemistry, nothing could happen. Finally, when she was about half-way through YA (long life span), Elder (who had recently aged up to YA) left Desert Academy when it went on break and joined them--and then, that night, they became BFFs, then the next day, they each rolled whims for flirts, and kisses, and boyfriend/girlfriend. So. I guess it just takes meeting the right Sim--and that can take a long time.

I have a few Sims (like Willow and Poplar in Goofy Love who seem to want to stay single for their whole life.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So. I guess it just takes meeting the right Sim--and that can take a long time.

I have a few Sims (like Willow and Poplar in Goofy Love who seem to want to stay single for their whole life.

I sometimes think it's a game of chance, I've had sim find someone on the first day, while others take forever. I don't know if its the traits or what.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options

I sometimes think it's a game of chance, I've had sim find someone on the first day, while others take forever. I don't know if its the traits or what.

It's like life!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

It's like life!

I'm beginning to think that's my main problem with this challenge. I have little patience for others. lol

• Options
    I'm realizing that my basic approach to game-play is like this challenge! I let my Sims be on free-will so much of the time, and if I have them do something, it's so often just a whim. I like it because I get to know them really well that way. (There are exceptions, for sure, like with party/date or career tasks, and when legacy kids are working for aspirations.)

• Options
    I'm usually pretty loose with my play, especially when it's a big household. I mainly focus on their aspirations and have them do regular home maintenance that they probably wouldn't do autonomous. But I do agree that giving the free will does help you get to know the sim better and it makes for some interesting unique tales.
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    wanted to drop in and say I am loving this challenge and will have my first post up for it tomorrow sometime.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    wanted to drop in and say I am loving this challenge and will have my first post up for it tomorrow sometime.

Oh Goodie!!! I can't wait to read it. I'm going to be picking up my challenge tomorrow. Hopefully Ren will impregnate somebody by Monday.
  • Options
    Good news and bad news. Bad news is my save has been corrupted for this game. So we'll never know if Ren will find love or not. The good new is I'm planning to do a mini series solely focused on the challenge with new characters and stuff. I hope it's going well for you @dougsbaby12
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    edited May 2015
    Good news and bad news. Bad news is my save has been corrupted for this game. So we'll never know if Ren will find love or not. The good new is I'm planning to do a mini series solely focused on the challenge with new characters and stuff. I hope it's going well for you @dougsbaby12

Sorry your save got corrupted. Excited for the mini series you have planned for this challenge. So far so good. I am loving the challenge. I can't wait to play it some more. I might do a legacy of this challenge later on. I love challenges where you have limited control over the sims.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    I like watching my sims do whatever they want. It's like when you relinquish control, you get to see they're real personality. I just wish they wouldn't wish to cook all the time and if they want to plant something, they can at least wish to water it.
  • Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    I can see where you're going with this challenge... but i feel only concept for the 10acy part is only when you are in CAS and making your first initial sim.. it gets lost when you'd have to continue for however many generations.. Also i think this is more like a wishacy? because you're only going off wishes and whims...

these are just my view points, but i still like this idea.
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    I can see where you're going with this challenge... but i feel only concept for the 10acy part is only when you are in CAS and making your first initial sim.. it gets lost when you'd have to continue for however many generations.. Also i think this is more like a wishacy? because you're only going off wishes and whims...

these are just my view points, but i still like this idea.

It is a basically wishacy, it's just puts a certain emphasis on traits. There are some trait designed for certain aspirations and some that go against. And there are the ones that don't help much either way. I just thought it would be more interesting if you had to be a bit mindful about choosing traits. My save was corrupted, so I'm not sure how it would work with generations at the moment. But I not sure what you mean about it getting lost when the current sims ability to achieve dictates the degree of difficulty it would be for the generation following it.

It's still in beta, so if you have any ideas on how to improve it, you input is welcome.

• Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    It is a basically wishacy, it's just puts a certain emphasis on traits. There are some trait designed for certain aspirations and some that go against. And there are the ones that don't help much either way. I just thought it would be more interesting if you had to be a bit mindful about choosing traits. My save was corrupted, so I'm not sure how it would work with generations at the moment. But I not sure what you mean about it getting lost when the current sims ability to achieve dictates the degree of difficulty it would be for the generation following it.

It's still in beta, so if you have any ideas on how to improve it, you input is welcome.

I understand it's just new, i think in the future when you do think of the generations aspect, maybe give challenges you want achieved by the end of that generation to not make it so repetitive. I guess it would be different since maybe you would need to pick different aspirations and such, but i like when legacies give me something to complete or a theme to each gen. =D
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Yo sunny - I'm gonna do this finally. What aspiration and/or traits would be most helpful for me to test?
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Yo sunny - I'm gonna do this finally. What aspiration and/or traits would be most helpful for me to test?

Well, I wouldn't recommend the family or relationship aspirations. Try something that involves collecting or career related.

• Options
    Okay, I'm gonna try this -

Meet Mira Tenpenny! :D

XignJHv.jpg

Curator (4)
    Geek (3)
    Slob (2)
    Insane (1)

I'll probably just post in here 'cause I'm lazy. o:) Lemme know if that's annoying.

First moments in game:

WXLdCaA.jpg

She's wishing to Debate Captains (Geek) and Tell Story to Self (Insane).

This is going to be amusing.

• Options
    She's so adorable! I love her freckles!

• Options
    Day 1:
    Told Story to Self (Insane)
    Wanted to Debate Captains (Geek), so I had her introduce herself to passersby. I guess she can only do this with another Geek? No luck meeting one but she kept trying.
    Rolled wish to Find a Collectible (Curator) - woo! Found a frog. Became Confident & wanted to go to the Lounge for a drink.
    That wish expired by the time the darned bartender got off his 🐸🐸🐸🐸. But, we still had the Debate Captains wish so we chatted folks up there. Kept rolling wishes to do minor social interactions and Make a Friend (Happy). We were hoping to make a Geek friend, but no Geeks anywhere, poor doll. Nobody wanted to talk about the robot invasion with her. :(
    52I63ZZ.jpg
    After hours of lame conversations she got legitimately Bored & wanted to take a nap so we finally left.

Wishes/whims completed: 6
    Her emotions were kind of all over the place, partly from the voices. Hee.
    cHuFKWf.jpg

This is fun! Not ever paid attention to a Sim in quite this way before. :)
  • Options
    Wow! Six in one day seems like a lot (judging from other reports)--and look at all those times happy!

• Options
    edited May 2015
    It's hard when you get a really specific whim hogging a slot! (Debate Captains is STILL THERE. So weird.)
  • Options
    It's hard when you get a really specific whim hogging a slot! (Debate Captains is STILL THERE. So weird.)

I've played a lot of geeks, so I'm trying to remember if they can do that with anyone or only geeks. I guess when the option has come up, it's been geek-to-geek... I always seem to have persistent whims with some Sims. Salix keeps cycling between patterns of two and three when I try canceling them out.

• Options
    @FloorRaisin I love your sim, she's cute & geeky. I do agree that the challenge makes you see the game totally different. It's as if the story makes itself.

Also, the whim hogging is annoying, that's why you have to find an about object the sim can interact with to motivate them toward fulfilling it. Not sure if that would work for a Debate Captains whim or not.

And get used to her being uncomfortable & bored a lot. A good thing is that she has the insane trait so she won't need to interact with another sim to fulfill her socials. And slob is good too, never have to worry about cleaning.
  • Options
    Day 2:
    Woke up with all yellow bars except for social (yay, Insanity! ;D) & energy of course. She doesn't seem to be too good at taking care of her basic needs - I'm finding myself anxious for red/orange bars so I can tell her to not-die, lol.

Like, did sims forget how to pee somewhere along the line? I don't remember needing to actually direct anyone to the toilet this much in a long time. Ha.

And, I don't understand her taste in other Sims. She keeps wanting to befriend the most unlikely folks, and it doesn't turn out well. Might just start ignoring those whims, lol.

Keep getting aspiration-related whims though - to find a new crystal, etc. Got one for a pen pal postcard, which I don't recall seeing before. Those whims seem to come up pretty often. It seems like this might be a doable aspiration. (Especially since I find other stuff that counts against the collection totals when I'm after a variable one like crystals, ha).

It's kind of funny how things'll switch on ya - we had a whim to go to the park, and when we arrived the whims all switched to things we can't actually do at the park. But yay! her potty bar finally turned red. ;D
    ss2Z1Nq.jpg

At any rate, I'm slow at this. Unless we get lucky it's probably gonna take another Sim-day before she gets her 20 whims completed, and then I'll probably just have her take care of her darn needs with the free-direction time 'cause looking at all those yellow bars is kind of driving me nuts. Lol.

Unrelated, but, ooh! ooh! The stuff pack came out! *loves this new hair hard*
    oeBCzBs.jpg

• Options
    IDK on the need fulfillment, my sims are good at taking care of most of their needs on their own.

I also get annoyed when my sim gets a whim to go out and ends up with a bunch of wishes to do stuff that can't be done there. It's like having a kid beg you to go to the mall so they can go to the arcade and get a happy meal. Only to take the kid there and then they decide they was you to cook them some waffles. And you're like "Didn't you say you wanted McDonalds from the food court???"

Also, sucks you haven't made it 20 yet. I always thought that would be doable by day 3. But maybe that's because all of my sims got stuck on improving there cooking skills.

I'm going to pick this challenge up again as soon as I finish doing all the drafts for Hella Good. I'm going to actually try to make a story out of it.