Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 10acy Challenge (Beta) Trait Chart Updated 7/21/17

Comments

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Muahaha..

wyw5vXw.jpg
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    Muahaha..

wyw5vXw.jpg

These rules need revising. LOL So what is she up to now?
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    She only needs to complete a collection now to finish her aspiration. :) I've also been trying to find her a mate just for the heck of it, which is really rough 'cause she doesn't stay romancey very long at all.
  • Options
    Good golly, that last part took FOREVER! But I'm finally done!

ad2tALk.jpg

Traits: Insane, Slob, Geek
    Aspiration: The Curator
    Started as YA, completed as Adult. Days left to Elder: 16
    Total Whims Granted: 175

r78VGLQ.jpg
    0PNkbEb.jpg

Here's her ending traits & odd smattering of skills ~
    5ikbVhc.jpg
    hUrxftZ.jpg

Geek proved to be kind of annoying because of that darned Confident moodlet she'd get whenever she found a collectible. That'd flood her whims with social things like Bold Pickup Line and Show Off Muscles. (Imagine us way out in the middle of nowhere digging up fossils when this happens and you'll see the problem.)

Tips for myself for next time:
    Really plan out your house before you start - esp, don't have a lot of unnecessary, unrelated, distracting objects that your sim is gonna waste hours messing with.
    If your sim 'wants' something but you know it's gonna take forever, don't bother. (I'm looking at you, "Make friends with Soandso who I've only seen once on the sidewalk and probably won't get along with anyway" whims! *shakes fist*)
    Completing a lot of short, simple whims in increments of 20 so that you can fully control your sim for a short time is often much more efficient than trying to get your sim to want to complete their aspiration. (Esp. with the Never Weary trait! that might be kinda cheatmode, tbh.)
    You think you want a garden? yeah.. no. xD

Really great challenge though, thanks for thinkin' it up! :)
  • Options
    Good golly, that last part took FOREVER! But I'm finally done!

ad2tALk.jpg

Traits: Insane, Slob, Geek
    Aspiration: The Curator
    Started as YA, completed as Adult. Days left to Elder: 16
    Total Whims Granted: 175

r78VGLQ.jpg
    0PNkbEb.jpg

Here's her ending traits & odd smattering of skills ~
    5ikbVhc.jpg
    hUrxftZ.jpg

Geek proved to be kind of annoying because of that darned Confident moodlet she'd get whenever she found a collectible. That'd flood her whims with social things like Bold Pickup Line and Show Off Muscles. (Imagine us way out in the middle of nowhere digging up fossils when this happens and you'll see the problem.)

Tips for myself for next time:
    Really plan out your house before you start - esp, don't have a lot of unnecessary, unrelated, distracting objects that your sim is gonna waste hours messing with.
    If your sim 'wants' something but you know it's gonna take forever, don't bother. (I'm looking at you, "Make friends with Soandso who I've only seen once on the sidewalk and probably won't get along with anyway" whims! *shakes fist*)
    Completing a lot of short, simple whims in increments of 20 so that you can fully control your sim for a short time is often much more efficient than trying to get your sim to want to complete their aspiration. (Esp. with the Never Weary trait! that might be kinda cheatmode, tbh.)
    You think you want a garden? yeah.. no. xD

Really great challenge though, thanks for thinkin' it up! :)

I still need to revise the rules but I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's crazy the things you discover while doing the challenge.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    This is very interesting! This is good for a Let's Play. So, what did you change about it?
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Alright I've made some changes to the challenge. If you've already started, you don't have to change what you're doing already.

Here are the updates:
    • New Trait & Aspiration Chart
    • Legacy Criteria Chart & Rules
    • Scoring for Legacy

You can check the first post for more details.
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    This is very interesting! This is good for a Let's Play. So, what did you change about it?

Now I posted the changes. Not sure if you want to do a legacy, but it works as a stand along challenge.
  • Options
    New changes to the challenge.
    1. Career will now be selected only if the chosen aspiration doesn't require a specific career.
    2. 20 Whim rule has been reduced to 10 whims.
    3. Every 5 whims you can cancel 1 wish.
  • Options
    xKindredxSoulsxxKindredxSoulsx Posts: 30 Member
    I'm a huge micro-manager, so I thought this might be interesting to give a try.
    I've named my sim, Aurora Blu. Aurora has the Serial Romantic aspiration and the traits Romantic, Foodie, and Neat. I know, neat will probably bite me in the rear later on.
    After seeing all the romance trouble you all are having, I thought I'd double down on the traits and get more romance whims. Apparently it's working as I hit 10 whims pretty early on, and used my free time to take her new friend Travis Scott(Whom she was already building some romantic LTR with due to some open ended romance whims) on a date where she asked him to be her boyfriend. Boyfriend and date number one down on the checklist. By the time I sent her home, did some quick shopping, sold a painting, got a job as a Secret Agent: Agency Clerk, and sent her off to bed(thus ending freetime) she had completed a total of 17 whims.
    This seems to be going too easy so far... Waiting for the other shoe to drop, probably when the Neat trait starts acting up...

I'm afraid there are no pictures as I'm too lazy to upload them anywhere just now.

P.S. A few quick questions.
    1.) Do we HAVE to complete every whim they have that isn't impossible at the time? My sim keeps wanting a tv, but I don't want to give her the distraction. Although she will probably watch the food network a lot and level up her cooking at least...
    2.)You state that we may not have our sims Try for Baby unless they have a whim asking for them to do so. You also have given us control for a given period of time after completing 10 and 100 whims respectively. Which of these two override the other? Can I use my free control time to have her try for baby at some point?
    3.) I don't know if I will go legacy, but will you please better explain that scoring section? I'm not sure what you mean.
  • Options
    Hi! Sorry I'm replying so late. I hope you're still trying the challenge and hopefully enjoying it.

To answer your questions:

1. No, you don't have to complete EVERY whim, just the ones that are do-able. If none of the whims can be done, then let them go autonomously until they roll new whims.
    2. 100 overrides the 10. And on either, you can do as you please. I really make that way to throw the player a bone every now and then.
    3. Well there isn't really a scoring system per se. Technically it works as sort of an unlockable. The gist is to have your sim complete their aspiration before they die or before their heir become a Young Adult. If the founder/heir completes their aspiration, their heir is given one extra point that will allow them to get 2 traits that are 3pts/4pts instead of just 1.

Hope these answers help.
  • Options
    WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    I just recently rediscovered this challenge and want to try it again.

Just out of curiosity, are there going to be any updates to include traits from the new expansion packs? It's fine if not, but it would be quite a welcome update. Thanks!
  • Options
    I just recently rediscovered this challenge and want to try it again.

Just out of curiosity, are there going to be any updates to include traits from the new expansion packs? It's fine if not, but it would be quite a welcome update. Thanks!

Yes there will be. I'm actually going to do another beta test soon using to see how it all works. I'll post it as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Update for 12/28/15:

Traits from Get Together have been added to the chart. The Leader of the Pack aspiration is part of the Popularity aspiration.

Insider is 4 pts and Dancing machine is 3 pts.

19533847289_a5acc24102_b.jpg
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Interesting challenge. I applaud you not only for a well thought out plan but for also play testing it your self and keeping it updated for the new expansions.
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @sunnyshay This challenge looks like a LOT of fun! I may incorporate it with other challenges to try at the same time. Just curious if you're still around? The original post is missing an image and I"m not sure if its important or not? Thanks for creating this!!
  • Options
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    @sunnyshay This challenge looks like a LOT of fun! I may incorporate it with other challenges to try at the same time. Just curious if you're still around? The original post is missing an image and I"m not sure if its important or not? Thanks for creating this!!

Hi! I'm still around. That's for pointing out the missing image. I don't think it is important to the game. The one below it is what matters.

I need to update this challenge to the current expansion traits.

Thanks for checking out my challenge.
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »

Hi! I'm still around. That's for pointing out the missing image. I don't think it is important to the game. The one below it is what matters.

I need to update this challenge to the current expansion traits.

Thanks for checking out my challenge.

That would be great! I'd love to do this! And no problem at all :) Thanks for checking in!
  • Options
    KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    Oh my gosh I am definitely doing this! I was going to do a regular legacy but this sounds so cool. I think I might combine it with an ISBI and just let the remaining household do their own thing without controlling them... and the best thing? I got a whole month off from college to Sim xD
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City
  • Options

I don't know why I didn't realize this the first time but that missing image is something very important. It is the point system for traits. Real "DUH" moment I had. Sorry for that.

Currently I'm doing an overhaul of this particular system and will be posting it in an update some time this week. So if you want to hold on and wait it, you can. If you've already started, pay this no mind and keep going.

Either way, the original chart has been restored.
  • Options
    lyaewynlyaewyn Posts: 7 New Member
    I just found this challenge and am having so much fun. I love the random aspect of it(I love just randomly rolling traits and aspirations for my sims, even do it for their looks). Not being able to fully control them, and watching and seeing what they want to do has been a blast. I'm excited about the update you mentioned as I love the new city living traits.

Thanks for the great challenge, that's so replayable and interesting!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    NEW UPDATE!

Greeting all! Long time, no post. I've been thinking about this challenge since the recent additions of Dine Out and City Living. The new traits made me really rethink about how traits "work" in the game. Long story short I did a full overhaul of the point system.

Apologies to those who are currently playing this challenge. You can keep going with the original system if it suits you.

Whats New?

Traits and Aspirations from Dine Out and City Living have been added to the chart.

Aspirations have been broken down within the point system based out the type of requirements and degree of difficulty. For example: Deviance is now split up between 4 pts for Chief of Mischief and 3 pts for Public Enemy. Public Enemy is a mostly social aspiration that calls for a lot of time focused on malevolent socialization to develop bad relationships/ While Chief of Mischief is a skill aspiration that calls for certain skills to be developed from various objects and interactions.

Also, some traits have been shifted around. Too many to list here. You can just check the new chart below and on the first page.

That's it.

Happy gaming.
    31312674404_da8abc51f8_b.jpg
    Post edited by sunnyshay on
  • Options
    lyaewyn wrote: »
    I just found this challenge and am having so much fun. I love the random aspect of it(I love just randomly rolling traits and aspirations for my sims, even do it for their looks). Not being able to fully control them, and watching and seeing what they want to do has been a blast. I'm excited about the update you mentioned as I love the new city living traits.

Thanks for the great challenge, that's so replayable and interesting!

I'm glad to hear you're having fun with the challenge. I'm especially happy about the fact that you find it replayable. That's what I was looking for when I first developed it.
  • Options
    lyaewynlyaewyn Posts: 7 New Member
    ooh, yay. The city native aspiration! Any suggestions for what to put vegetarian and unflirty at pointswise? I want to add them to my random rolls for this challenge.
  • Options
    lyaewyn wrote: »
    ooh, yay. The city native aspiration! Any suggestions for what to put vegetarian and unflirty at pointswise? I want to add them to my random rolls for this challenge.

Good looking out. I'm going to have to correct the chart. But in the meantime, to answer your question, Vegetarian and Unflirty are both 1 point.