Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 10acy Challenge (Beta) Trait Chart Updated 7/21/17

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    lyaewynlyaewyn Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you!
  • Options
    heyemzheyemz Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey, I just started doing this challenge and it is really fun so thank you for the creator!! Are the new traits and aspirations from Parenthood and Vampires etc being added at some point?
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    heyemz wrote: »
    Hey, I just started doing this challenge and it is really fun so thank you for the creator!! Are the new traits and aspirations from Parenthood and Vampires etc being added at some point?

Hey, thanks for trying out my challenge. I'm currently working on an update to the challenge that includes additions from the latest releases. Hopefully, I'll have it posted early next week.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    Ohhhh, this challenge looks so fun!
    I'll have to try it out once the trait and aspiration chart is updated.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Quick Question.

Can I change lots without the whim. I got, Have a glass of nectar and need a bar venue??
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Quick Question.

Can I change lots without the whim. I got, Have a glass of nectar and need a bar venue??

Sure. You can do anything you want in the game when you've completed 10 whim or 100 whims that's within the rules. Moving is optional unless it's a generational requirement. Then it's an obligation.
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Quick Question.

Sure. You can do anything you want in the game when you've completed 10 whim or 100 whims that's within the rules. Moving is optional unless it's a generational requirement. Then it's an obligation.

Sorry, I meant like go to a nightclub or something along those lines??
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Quick Question.

Sorry, I meant like go to a nightclub or something along those lines??

Lol. Don't know how I read that wrong. My mind must have taken the day off. My bad.

To answer your question. If your sim has a whim to do something that requires them to visit another lot and can only be done on a specific, then you can have your sim leave the lot to fulfill that whim.
  • Options
    NEW UPDATE!

Hello all! It's been a long time since I've last posted here. I've finally got off my lazy bumbum and finally putting up an update for the Vampire and Parenthood packs.

Whats New?

The aspirations from Vampires and Parenthood have been added to the chart. Now you can sim as a vampire or doting family sim without the worry.

8D1iEWT.jpg?1

Happy simming.
  • Options
    jason3609jason3609 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am going to attempt this challenge. I have never completed a challenge before. To make things random for me I made a little program using Java to completely randomize the traits and aspirations using the point system. I also have the generational goals and relationships along with their careers and the career branches. The program is over 900 lines long currently because I didn't write it efficiently. I wanted to use Microsoft Excel but I couldn't have the calculations keep processing until I hit the 10 required points needed. I haven't used Java programming in over a year so it was a nice refresher for me. I will probably work on the program a little more and reduce the size so it isn't 900 lines of code.
  • Options
    jason3609 wrote: »
    I am going to attempt this challenge. I have never completed a challenge before. To make things random for me I made a little program using Java to completely randomize the traits and aspirations using the point system. I also have the generational goals and relationships along with their careers and the career branches. The program is over 900 lines long currently because I didn't write it efficiently. I wanted to use Microsoft Excel but I couldn't have the calculations keep processing until I hit the 10 required points needed. I haven't used Java programming in over a year so it was a nice refresher for me. I will probably work on the program a little more and reduce the size so it isn't 900 lines of code.

I've actually tried something similar when I first started developing the challenge. I tried the excel sheet and then I tried the php and it was a bust for me. I'm glad to see somebody else thought about giving it a try. If you can do it, that would be beyond awesome. Keep me posted on the progress.
  • Options
    jmpintxjmpintx Posts: 548 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, I have joined this legacy. So here goes nothing.

4snoef.jpg
    Meet Grayson Goode He's a young adult, who's come back to start his adult life in his grandparent's studio apartment in Newcrest. He's Computer Whiz and thinks of himself as a Genius, Art Lover who's a Quick Learner and is a complete and utter Loner

When asked about what he hopes to do with his life he says he'd like to be a Self-Employed Tresure Hunter; that way he can call in sick to work whenever he wants to. He's not hopeful he will ever get married and would rather stay single. Even if that meant making him a single parent of multiple children. Though he says, for now, his grandparent's cabin is cozy but at some point, he'd like to rebuild

2ujif6q.jpg
    Herer Grayson is standing in front of his grandparent's studio apartment in Newcrest.

If you look in the signature box below you will find the clickable link to was this legacy will be posted.

However, for a Shortcut, you can click here Day 1Day 2 Day 3

Post edited by jmpintx on
    SIMS STORIES HERE
    Raven Hill Productions
  • Options
    jmpintxjmpintx Posts: 548 Member
    edited November 2017
    Day One Sun 8:05am

Grayson had new whims & wish pop up.
    1. Chat With Someone New
    2. View or Admire a piece of art at the Museum
    3. Share Ideas

2nqxvfs.jpg
    His 1st wish was to Chat with Someone new from being happy. He quickly looked around and didn't see anyone within walking distance to talk to. Which he was secretly glad, he was a loner after all.

153mk2g.jpg
    Wanting to View or Admire a piece of art at the Muesem because he's an art lover. He called a taxi up and traveled over to Municpal Muses. By the time he arrived at the Muesem he didn't much feel like Chatting with Someone New. So he headed in to view a piece of art.
    2zsr382.jpg
    While viewing a piece of art a young lady named Zoe Patel, came over and sat down and started talking with Grayson.
    9i5idc.jpg
    Which he was able to Share his Ideas with.
    2zsup7k.jpg

He even had new whims & wish pop up
    1. Cook a Meal
    2. Get to know Zoe
    3. Be Alone
    2m4efzl.jpg
    As the kept talking he started to feel as if he was Getting to know Zoe why too fast. So he popped up a new whim
    1. Level up in Programming Skill

This new whim with his other whims was enough to make Grayson say goodbye to Zoe and go back to his Studio Apartment.

2aircjq.jpg
    After spending some time back at home reading he was able to Be Alone. Which gave him some time to think about what he wanted to cook for brunch. He landed on cooking a classical dish Grilled Cheese which let him Cook a Meal.
    iyhlkw.jpg
    1. Make a Group Meal
    2. Level up in Cooking Skill

x587zm.jpg
    After cooking brunch he did decide to go Watch T.V. and catch up on the latest episode of Ray's Anatomy; he had been watching the show since Season 1. He was currently in Season 3 Episode 2 I Am a Tree where Mary and Seth's affair is revealed to Sam.

After watching the newest episode, he found he really wanted to Level up in Programming Skill so he did an instant order from Shamazon it's the newest online shopping company out there. They have instant delivery upon ordering. So he bought for $640 the How Low Can You Go Deskblock Computer. Having no office space in the house he sat it up on his kitchen table.
    sff1ug.jpg
    He spent the new few hours programming and at some point must have stumbled into an adult 18yrs or older only website as he suddenly become FLIRTY

Which cause him to pop a new Wish
    1. Kiss Someone - Not exactly how good this will go over.

Quickly realizing what kind of website he was looking at he exited all the screen and decided he wanted to
    1. Dance to Music
    2. Buy a Pool at least 1x1

With a FAILING hunger bar The Great Unidentified Flying Object-That's Me, had to step in and make him go to eat the grilled cheese he cooked earlier.
    343g9ip.jpg
    after eating and on his own self-thinking washing the dishes he went to Dance to Music.
    vryoev.jpg
    after dancing a bit he went to troll the forums before he decided to get ready for bed as he was grabbing his nightly glass of water he popped one last wish.
    1. Call someone on the phone

As he lay sleeping for the night.
    1z4999y.jpg

DAILY RECAP

Wishes Completed
    1. Dance to Music
    2. Cook a Meal

Whims Completed
    1. View or Admire a piece of art at the Museum
    2. Share Ideas
    3. Get to know Zoe
    4. Be Alone
    5. Level up in Programming Skill
    6. Watch T.V.

People We Meet
    1. Zoe Petal

Post edited by jmpintx on
    SIMS STORIES HERE
    Raven Hill Productions
  • Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sim - Maria Denton

Day One:
    At the beginning my game was glitched and my sim didn't have any whims, so I made her take a nap (whims get removed when sims sleep) and immediately woke her up -- it worked after that, but I lost a few hours :(

Sunday, 12:04 pm

Maria finally got her whims... but we can't actually do them. The first one is buy a pool at least 1x1 -- but we only have 39 dollars... so I checked her other whim. Buy a dishwasher. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THESE WITH 39 DOLLARS!? Sigh... at least she has the entertainer career to bring in some money, otherwise she would die so quick... all she is doing is reading though... we have a computer, a tv, a microphone... and she chooses to read fictional love stories -- how about you try to make your own Maria!

Update: The neighborhood now dislikes her because she didn't actually talk to them at the welcome wagon... maybe she will get whims for them though, so it might be alright....

Sunday, 3:59 pm

Maria started chatting with people online, and all the sudden got flirty... hmm... She got a new whim, and this one wants to ask someone to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Maria likes other girls, so she's going to go out and find Summer Holiday... maybe she can fall in love with her! (She is my go to girl in anything LOL)

Since this is her whim, I'm pretty sure that until it changes, I can start getting up our relationship...

Sunday, 7:32 pm

Maria met Summer, and stayed flirty for so long that she kept the whim long enough that I did it! I got her and Summer to be girlfriends! Maria moves pretty quickly too... now she wants to woohoo with someone! I mean, Summer is already here... Also, while all of this was going on, Maria changed her other whims! Now she has watch Civic Public Access, and Search for Vampire Information on a Computer! Those are way more doable! Maria, don't eat yet... do these whims like your life depends on it!

Sunday, 8:41 pm

After finishing those two whims, Summer left! I guess we can't get the woohoo one today... now she wants to watch comedy and be funny with summer -- these are great for her joke star aspiration! I'm going to lock in the be funny one, since Summer left and I don't really want to go visit her to complete it at 9 pm... so I'll just watch comedy and eat some food (she hasn't actually eaten yet, even though she has tried but I kept stopping her to complete whims :P)

Sunday, 9:21 pm

Wow! Another one? Maria now wants to level up in comedy skill from her joke star aspiration! Since she is only level one and I bought her a microphone, she can probably do that before she gets too tired... hunger and energy are in yellow right now...

Sunday, 10:46 pm

Nope... she got to orange in energy and hunger, so I had her eat some chips and go straight to bed after, but she did get halfway, and I did lock in the aspiration...

~Day One Complete~

Whims for today: 4 (really? Only 4? I thought I got more...)
    Whims overall: 4 (duh...)
    Aspiration Level: 0/4
    People Met That May Be Important: Summer Holiday
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options

Day Two:

Monday, 8:14 am

Maria woke up, and desperately needed to pee! Luckily, she made it to the bathroom! Shortly after, she ate a bowl of cereal, became flirty again, and went to work… from 9-5.

Monday, 4:11 pm

Near the end of Maria’s workday, she got a phone call. She answered it, and it was Summer calling, asking her if she wanted to go on a date! Maria didn’t know what to say -- of course she did, but she was at work… would it really be a good idea to skip work on her first day? Yes, it would be. Maria already made 50 dollars from a work event, and even if she doesn’t get a promotion, she was working hard for long enough! Maria happily went to the date. She hadn’t gotten a promotion, but did bring home a total of 226 big bucks if you count the 50 she earned earlier in the day. Maria was a bit tense after work, but she tried not to take it out of Maria and told her jokes, as one of her whims asked for, instead. She also wanted to shout forbidden words, and she did just that… it helped her calm down a bit too.

Monday, 4:46 pm

After shouting forbidden words, she sort of stared at the store… not sure why, but she did, until she suddenly got the idea to ask Summer about her day! Good, improve the friendly relationship… romantic bar is high, but the friend bar barely exists!

Monday, 7:35 pm

Summer wasn’t taking any of the jokes! I guess she’s more serious than Maria thought… Maria decided to clean herself off, but since it was a store, she proceeded to wash her hands over and over… then, she was embarrassed from telling the bad jokes, and wanted to share her insecurities with someone -- so she did with Summer.

Monday 8:34 pm

Maria went home after a long date, and Summer wasn’t as impressed with her… but Maria was determind to continue their relationship… after a book. Maria had to read a vampire book! After researching information on them yesterday, she wanted to learn more. So I bought her a 75 dollar book. 75 DOLLARS FOR A BOOK!? And she read it. After she read that for a while, the only thing she still wanted was to level up in comedy, so she continued that.

Monday 10:31 pm

She finally leveled up! Then, she wanted to use her knowledge to tell a successful joke, and to our luck, Vladislaus Straud was out front waiting at our door! Maria started to get to know him, and attempted a knock knock joke. He laughed! Maybe Vlad isn’t too bad after all… even so, I’m keeping our doors locked…

Monday 11:43

She got two new whims, and they are PERFECT! One of them is write jokes, and one is write jokes for an hour! Of course, it is really late, so she just helped her needs (food and hygiene were orange) and then went to sleep.

~Day Two Complete~

Whims For Today: 6
    Whims Overall: 10
    Aspiration Level 0/4
    People Met That Might Be Important: Vladislaus Straud

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    Day Three:

Tuesday, 8:16 am

Maria woke up… well, I woke her up for work, but she would have woken up soon anyway. Then, I decided that she should work on her writing joke whims, and that going to work about 20 minutes late would be okay. She headed to work near 9:30.

Tuesday, 5:03 pm

Maria did it! She got her first promotion, and brought home 600 dollars! She also wanted to level up in comedy and tell successful jokes again. She also wanted to flirt, so I invited over Summer. Immediately after, she wanted to kiss Summer, so I immediately did. Now she wants to… WOAH!!!!!!!!!! GET ENGAGED TO SUMMER! Neither bar is either halfway up yet, and you already want to… thank goodness I chose the romantic trait! It helped me so much! Well, I guess I get to be friendly and lovey to Summer until that option comes up! Day Three and already getting engaged whims… saved that one!

Tuesday, 10:03 pm

Maria ate a sandwich and went to bed… but wow! Even though I didn’t get too many whims completed today, I definitely have one I can look forward too! I was nervous the generation might not continue… now, I just need to work on her aspiration a bit more :P

~Day Three Complete~

Whims Overall: 16
    Aspiration Level: 0/4
    People That Might Be Important: No One

RoggieBear
  • Options
    Day Four

Wednesday, 7:48 am

Maria woke up, and again, immediately had to use the toilet. She then took a long bubble-bath, and became playful. It started raining, and she wanted to play in mud puddles! So she did just that, right AFTER A BATH. Then, she decided she wanted to play in leaf piles (it was fall). Yeah, so long for being clean… anddddddddddd now Maria is GROSSED OUT FROM FINDING WEIRD STUFF IN THE LEAF PILE. And she’s VERY UNCOMFORTABLE because of it. You kill me Maria… you really do…

Wednesday, 11:43 am

After a long FOUR HOURS of playing outside in leaf piles and mud puddles, Maria wanted to become inspired… So I bought her a very cheap shower and shoved in in the bathroom. After becoming inspired, she wanted to play the guitar, which I was very pleased about. Maria had to get to level 2 guitar or violin skill, so I bought her a guitar… but I couldn’t use it until now! Yay!

Wednesday, 4:14 pm

After playing the guitar for a long time, Maria finally became level 2 guitar skill. She then wanted to buy an easel, but she didn’t have enough money to do that. Also, I just got to 20 whims completed so I can do whatever I want with her for the rest of the day! I’ll get back to you when she goes to bed and explain what I all did!!!

Thursday, 2:45 am

Well, Maria finally fell asleep. I worked on her aspiration while I had the chance, and I accomplished quite a lot. I finished the base of it, and I finished the second portion. I also had her write 2 comedy routines to begin the third section. Now, for this section, all she needs to do is write one more, achieve level 6 comedy, and join the comedian branch in the entertainer career. I had her work on a few more whims as well, but honestly I think I should have waited until Thursday to work on those. It was still a great day for Maria! Also, I didn’t work on the relationship since I still have that whim saved so I can do it whenever! See you in the morning… I think Maria might sleep in today from her late bedtime.

~Day Four Complete~

Whims For Today: 8
    Whims Overall: 24
    Aspiration Level 2/4
    People That Might Be Important: No One

RoggieBear
  • Options

Day Five

Thursday, 11:13 am

Yup, she slept in! That took a lot of time away from whimming (that’s what I’m calling it now, don’t judge me :P) Immediately after she woke up she ate some breakfast, and then she called Summer on the phone… she wanted to call someone, so she called Summer! Right after she called her, she invited Summer over. She gave her a hug because she wanted to, and she continued being romantic, to try and get ‘the other’ whim completed.

Thursday, 4:17 pm

It happened. Maria proposed to Summer. And you know what she said? She said… YES! I got a whim and a wife all in one! I was continuing to complete tons of romantic whims, since Maria was flirty, and they kept on being “kiss someone” until I got a schedule a date, which I didn’t want to go through, and I started on her “level up in comedy” whim. By this time I had 30 whims completed and I could do whatever I wanted with her, which I kept in mind as she performed comedy routines, and as Summer threw coins and bills at her. YES! FREE MONEY! I continued having her work on her comedy skill through the whole night, whether performing or writing comedy routines, but she sadly never actually leveled up that skill and I forgot to save the whim, so I might not have that one tomorrow… Other than that she didn’t really do anything special though!

Whims Overall: 30
    Aspiration Level: 2/4

RoggieBear