Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, that will trigger the mentor aspiration goal, but you got to be high enough in the skill, but the easiest way is help with homework.

Edit: Cooking tips do the same thing train to exercise, gardening tips and gaming tips and so on.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited March 2016
    Okay, maybe everyone else knew this, but I didn't know you could age a Sim up before their days had run out! Without cheating, I mean! How the heck did I not know that?

ETA: This solves the toddler issue for me! If toddlers are re-introduced, I can skip that life stage altogether!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The Hermit came to visit my sim when she got home from Granite Falls. I had him help out in the garden...

8168364cb3.png

Looks like he's using one of his potions on my plants.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Did not know we could create our own Social Network sites with a high charisma skill.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    You can buy growfruit at the camping supply shop in Granite Falls.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    Not sure if the one has been told, but you can put a fishing sign by your swimming pool, or your water fountain and get fishing!

It's great! I've done this to hide fishing signs so my sims could swim with the fishies :)
    04Hmdfu.png
    (The more dangerous looking fishes look sorta scary swimming casually by your legs though! :joy:)

Hi, Cement! Do you just use MOO for the signs, then hide them somewhere unnoticeable? I'm currently building a lot, and I was going to add a regular swimming pool, (well, I'm going to make it into the shape of a bat. But, a regular bat. Bat Pool! :D ), but I may make a pool that looks like a pond instead if I can do this!
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    @damagedlostbroken Yes, I used MOO. :)

YES!! Thank you for the idea! This is going to be neat in my new build! :)
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    > @SuperCoolRachael said:
    > Okay, maybe everyone else knew this, but I didn't know you could age a Sim up before their days had run out! Without cheating, I mean! How the heck did I not know that?
    >

I did this by accident once. My sim was sad because his birthday was forgotten, so I thought I'd throw him a party and make him blow out the candles. BOOM, elder. He aged twice in one day.. :P At least he got his birthday party..
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited March 2016
    @s1mszzang

It is new to me and it is adorable! :) Hope there are more swimming interactions in the future.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    What is all this stuff about "Closing the gallery" and "Maxis Destroying people" I can barley play my game for getting these messages every few seconds from people posting where the share and showcases go.
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    What is all this stuff about "Closing the gallery" and "Maxis Destroying people" I can barley play my game for getting these messages every few seconds from people posting where the share and showcases go.

What? This post makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member

I really love the group up option for my sim kids to get their homework done while increasing their social need.
  • Options

That, is most likely people blowing out of proportion over the fact that gallery uploads with custom screenshots have been marked as CC in the gallery, which they should have been marked that way to begin with as custom screenshots are user created and not maxis created. Everyone can still tell if the lot is CC free because of the "#NoCC" hashtag so its kinda pointless.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Thank you Sid,I thought it was something like that because I haven't seen anything else about it, this started yesterday and this girl(whom I have stopped following since this morning) had filled my gallery notices with that stuff for the past 2 days.Funny they always need something to gripe about.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Thank you Sid,I thought it was something like that because I haven't seen anything else about it, this started yesterday and this girl(whom I have stopped following since this morning) had filled my gallery notices with that stuff for the past 2 days.Funny they always need something to gripe about.

What is so funny is there is always someone or some company that says, it won't work, its not what we want, and 4 weeks later someone figured it out or what they were gripping about turns out to be the best EP in the Sims history.

Edited: Missing word complex grammar is hard to understand with the missing word complex!
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There's a fascinating in-game "Lesson" on Bunnies...

d29b160826.png

Best lesson I've read. :D
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Same. I feel so enlightened.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    yes @Sid1701D9, I agree 100%
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There's a fascinating in-game "Lesson" on Bunnies...

d29b160826.png

I guess Maxis likes bunnies... and llamas.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Maybe, this was already mentioned. Maybe, it wasn't. I don't feel like looking through all of the pages to see if it was mentioned.

When a sim uses the giant telescope for awhile, there will be a notification like they observed something spectacular in the sky. The sim will automatically have a new painting in their inventory. It was a horizontal painting. I got two paintings. One of them looked like inside Mars. Viewing the painting can give a sim an emotion like inspired. The other painting has a focused aura. I can't remember what the other painting looked like. I did not bother taking a screenshot. This is cool! There are so many discoveries in this game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top