Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You just met a new sim you want to be friends with, but no matter how often you call them, how many jokes you tell, and how long you gaze into the sky together, the relationship just won't go up?

Well, I've discovered the perfect solution: Chatting! Forget talking to the sim in person. Just go home, find a computer and chat with them! No more spamming interactions, no more keeping a close eye on things while there's so much more important stuff to do, no more frustration because it doesn't work. A sim can keep chatting for hours without your supervision, satisfying their social needs while they're at it, and a few hours of chatting is all it takes to get a relationship from 0 to 50. The only catch is that you can't get it beyond 50 by chatting alone, and the romance bar can't be affected for all I know, but I'd say 50 on the friendship bar is a pretty decent basis for the next date - whatever kind of date it may be.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    i didnt know you could get chewed up by your cowplant, i learned that the hard way when u press feed cake, did i do something wrong lol
  • Options
    Thanks rose for the info, i think its to late now my plant died, i wish i had this info before lol
  • Options
    i guess im lucky it didnt kill me lol
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I never got this specific moodlet before. I don't have many sims with the jealous trait.

iOhUA7F.png

Sorry, I don't know how to resize.

0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Do you find yourself with the pet glitch that does not allow you to lecture your pet? If you save your game, then send them off for adoption, you can adopt them back. Cons to this are that your pet might return with different traits and your family will have a sad moodlet, but at least you can lecture them now.

I have one that won't let me interact with them at all except to let them out to go potty.

I had a problem like that, I had to install a new house. that might work for you or move to a new lot.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited December 2017
    You just met a new sim you want to be friends with, but no matter how often you call them, how many jokes you tell, and how long you gaze into the sky together, the relationship just won't go up?

Well, I've discovered the perfect solution: Chatting! Forget talking to the sim in person. Just go home, find a computer and chat with them! No more spamming interactions, no more keeping a close eye on things while there's so much more important stuff to do, no more frustration because it doesn't work. A sim can keep chatting for hours without your supervision, satisfying their social needs while they're at it, and a few hours of chatting is all it takes to get a relationship from 0 to 50. The only catch is that you can't get it beyond 50 by chatting alone, and the romance bar can't be affected for all I know, but I'd say 50 on the friendship bar is a pretty decent basis for the next date - whatever kind of date it may be.

You're welcome.

Ah, I didn't know that. (Hence the title of the thread, lol.) Another friendship building exercise that works pretty well is Cloud/Stargazing. It lasts close to a Sim hour, I would guess, and prolly gets up the relationship close to 20 points, another guess. :)

Edit: Just saw that you mentioned that didn't work that well, but I swear, it does. :blush:
  • Options
    wavves wrote: »
    don't know if this is well known but i've never seen this interaction before when cutting the wedding cake - i didn't understand what was happening until i saw the cake smeared on the bride's face. it was so cuteee!! i love this couple even more now

97gog79.jpg

OMG, this is AWESOME! I wonder if they have to be in a Playful mood?
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    don't know if this is well known but i've never seen this interaction before when cutting the wedding cake - i didn't understand what was happening until i saw the cake smeared on the bride's face. it was so cuteee!! i love this couple even more now

97gog79.jpg

I thought that was pretty normal lol as I had quite a few Sims do that in my game. Can't remember much about these Sims and their marriages, whether they were playful or not... but I do remember that the wife had the Goofball trait in at least one case, possibly more.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    Do you find yourself with the pet glitch that does not allow you to lecture your pet? If you save your game, then send them off for adoption, you can adopt them back. Cons to this are that your pet might return with different traits and your family will have a sad moodlet, but at least you can lecture them now.

I have one that won't let me interact with them at all except to let them out to go potty.

I had a problem like that, I had to install a new house. that might work for you or move to a new lot.

That might work, or is it that you can't interact with puppies and kittens?
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Did you know that the leggings for toddlers that came with parenthood are the same from a toddler dress in the base game?
    And that parenthood also came with a child version of that country shirt for females (the one that has the tie in the front)?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Question, does anybody know if Uncontrollable Hissing gets negative relationships with pets as well as Sims?
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »

97gog79.jpg

I thought that was pretty normal lol as I had quite a few Sims do that in my game. Can't remember much about these Sims and their marriages, whether they were playful or not... but I do remember that the wife had the Goofball trait in at least one case, possibly more.

Oh, thanks, yeah, Goofball and Playful sorta go hand in hand, so it could be either. I myself haven't seen the animation yet, but I do have a lot of Goofballs. Marriage is now going to be in their futures it seems, haha, the ones who aren't already, anyway.
  • Options
    LittleGirlsCryLittleGirlsCry Posts: 33 Member
    I might be wrong. But if your sim comes late to school/work, they also get off late.
  • Options
    LittleGirlsCryLittleGirlsCry Posts: 33 Member
    Not sure if this was mentioned, you can add custom music to the Sims to play on the radio if you have the MP3 of it. You need to put it in the Sim's music folder.
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @GrumpyGlowfish said:
    > You just met a new sim you want to be friends with, but no matter how often you call them, how many jokes you tell, and how long you gaze into the sky together, the relationship just won't go up?
    >
    > Well, I've discovered the perfect solution: Chatting! Forget talking to the sim in person. Just go home, find a computer and chat with them! No more spamming interactions, no more keeping a close eye on things while there's so much more important stuff to do, no more frustration because it doesn't work. A sim can keep chatting for hours without your supervision, satisfying their social needs while they're at it, and a few hours of chatting is all it takes to get a relationship from 0 to 50. The only catch is that you can't get it beyond 50 by chatting alone, and the romance bar can't be affected for all I know, but I'd say 50 on the friendship bar is a pretty decent basis for the next date - whatever kind of date it may be.
    >
    > You're welcome.

Thanks for tip!
  • Options
    > @LittleGirlsCry said:
    > Not sure if this was mentioned, you can add custom music to the Sims to play on the radio if you have the MP3 of it. You need to put it in the Sim's music folder.

Don't know this :open_mouth:
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    You can’t date the grim reaper anymore...... ):
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    I found out that if you take a picture of a sim in a certain mood then your photo will have that mood too which I found cute.
  • Options
    > @Macaire13 said:
    > I found out that if you take a picture of a sim in a certain mood then your photo will have that mood too which I found cute.

really? Didn't know that...
  • Options
    Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    edited December 2017
    did you know that when sims are bitten by a vampire, they get two bite marks on their neck?
  • Options
    > @Pema22 said:
    > did you know that when sims are bitten by a vampire, they get two bite marks on their neck?

Yeah,I know..:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top