Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    meepweep wrote: »
    Did you guys know that sims can get food poisoning at restaurants.

How? :O do they die? is it just a moodlet? do they get food poisoning depending on how bad the cook is? HOW?
    I wanna know more XD

My sim got food poisoning and you could call the restaurant to let them know. You get money back from that call. After a few hours my sim got a moodlet saying "survived food poisoning". I don't know if that means you could actually die from it, or if it's just the way the phrased it :P

That's so awesome! Lol XD
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Simguru ninja confirmed it wouldn't kill your sims btw. ;)
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Getting stressed out while managing your restaurant?
    You can click on the host stand and choose (like this) "don't allow new customers)
    Sims will still show up but not be seated, remember to turn back on!

You can also request a table and eat at your own restaurant
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    sims can put their glasses on halfwalls between railings

I actually knew this, but I've been a lil short of sleep lately...so I read it as meaning their eyeglasses, and that they could take them off now. :p

Maybe it's due to the fact that I was recently running around saying to myself, "Where did I put my glasses?!" I could just picture a Sim putting them there. :D

• Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Watched an LP and their Kleptomaniac sim could swipe coins from the Romantic stuff fountain, possibly old news...
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    AnjolaoluwasAnjolaoluwas Posts: 47 Member
    Not sure if someone said it already, but sims in the doctor career can "check hotness" of other sims XD
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member

How? :O do they die? is it just a moodlet? do they get food poisoning depending on how bad the cook is? HOW?
    I wanna know more XD

My sim got food poisoning and you could call the restaurant to let them know. You get money back from that call. After a few hours my sim got a moodlet saying "survived food poisoning". I don't know if that means you could actually die from it, or if it's just the way the phrased it :P

Confirmed that they can not die of it.
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »

I wanna know more XD

I don't have Dine Out yet, but was kinda of hoping there would be a new death, and this would be fairly interesting. Not that I kill my sims or anything... >:)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I wanna know more XD

I don't have Dine Out yet, but was kinda of hoping there would be a new death, and this would be fairly interesting. Not that I kill my sims or anything... >:)

Sims seem to be dying left right and centre in restaraunts. Possibly to do with food moodlets, and in the case of a chef, insults about cooking.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I wanna know more XD

Sims seem to be dying left right and centre in restaraunts. Possibly to do with food moodlets, and in the case of a chef, insults about cooking.

Yeah, I recently saw a tread about a chef that died after the customer insulted her food... Sims can never be dramatic enough, it seems.
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    Sims can retire o_0
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Didn't finish colouring your placemat at the restaurant? Don't worry. You can finish at home.

215d0e446b.png

You can also display them on the wall (incomplete and complete) and resize them.

f9dbbd670d.png

As an added bonus you can resize kids drawings now, too.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Didn't finish colouring your placemat at the restaurant? Don't worry. You can finish at home.

215d0e446b.png

You can also display them on the wall (incomplete and complete) and resize them.

f9dbbd670d.png

As an added bonus you can resize kids drawings now, too.

That's awesome news! There's a drawing I liked that one of my kids drew a long time ago that I definitely kept... For obvious reasons...
    2ab0ee3e5a680bdaac5144f67ce30daa.png
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I can see that @Cement :3...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    So happy to see even after my several month hiatus this thread is still active! Never-ending stuff you didn't know! :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Literally just found out that you can change the color of the frames of the pictures you hang!! Every time I would hang a picture I would think why did they only include the color black for these frames, and then frustration would ensue. Nope you can also choose white or tan. I am in LOVE now, and the Pancakes with have a ton of pictures hanging now.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2016
    Cleptomaniac sims can bring home stolen stuff from work at random times.
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Cleptomaniac sims can bring home stolen stuff from work at random times.
    I do that and sometimes randomly sell it in a retail store if it is worth a decent amount.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I've been playing the medical career, and I noticed that there is the opportunity to "Flirt Covertly" while at work. :p
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @crazycat_135 @Cement or anyone else, how do we take teen selfies in the mirror because I literally can't find this option at all? :cry::confounded:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @crazycat_135 @Cement or anyone else, how do we take teen selfies in the mirror because I literally can't find this option at all? :cry::confounded:

There's no option. They just do it randomly when they're confident, I think.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

There's no option. They just do it randomly when they're confident, I think.

Yeah he replied on his wall. They have to be confident and then you can select admire self on the mirror and one of the animations is the mirror selfie.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    With Dine Out, if your restaurant has certain perks like additional employees and you decided to place additional copies of the same restaurant, they transfer as well! It makes it convenient now that my sim doesn't need to unlock that again for her second restaurant.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Just realized that now that stupid Tragic Clown shows up everywhere! Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I have one who comes into my hospital every time my Sim goes there and even though she can't be interacted with it, she just stands there and cries.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hahaha, you can take pictures of other people's food from across the restaurant :joy: Had my child take pictures of other diners' food because I was being cheap :^)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top