Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member

I love lamp. With that outfit she does look like she is fresh from a mental asylum.

She's actually part of my asylum challenge, so yay looking the part!
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    Saramore2708Saramore2708 Posts: 166 Member
    Wow so much that I didn't know! Thanks to everyone for sharing! (:
    Sara Sims - New Videos Daily! House Builds & CAS! Don't forget to subscribe! :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The Sims 4 actually has heaps of NPC's, it's just weird they overlooked the major ones:

Maids
    Pizza
    Mailmen
    Gardener (there are actually two types. One will be around community gardens watering, the other type clean up parks)
    Librarian (they put books back when Sims leave them around, and basically keep the library looking nice)
    Mixologist/Bartender
    Entertainer
    Fitness Trainer
    Curator
    BONUS: There is actually a Repairman in the game, but you have to use a cheat.
    Still hoping for Fireman (despite Sprinklers actually being better, mainly for ambience), Burglars and Butlers soon :)
    I didn't know there was a Curator. I count Grim Reaper as an NPC as well. I miss having real social workers. I loved having firefighters in the game. It was fun just calling them just so a Sim would have someone cute to flirt with. I miss having NPC policemen and burglars. Butlers always made good babysitters to help nannies out. I hope the game gives us a real NPC Repairman and Gardener without the use of cheats and mods.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    wyn wrote: »
    So apparently if you leave trash outside and don't clean it up... you get a trash plant. And it grows fruit that look like little black trash bags..
    1tcWe23.png
    Normally I do clean it up, but that was a weird spot. I fixed my fridge (other side of the wall) and it deposited the spare parts outside and I didn't notice it until I had plants. ._.
    You can't put trash fruit in the fridge sadly.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I just found out you didn't need a ladder to get out of the pool. So how do people drown?
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just found out you didn't need a ladder to get out of the pool. So how do people drown?

Walls, someone makes then swim when they're at the lowest level of exhaustion. Sometimes they get stuck.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    speirsy wrote: »
    This feature I didn't know until recently: If you want your sim to have a baby girl, you buy a pink crib to give birth in. If you want a baby boy, you buy a blue crib and if you want it to be left up to chance you get a yellow crib. You can now decorate the nursery in advance with no issues! I have playtested this theory and it has always worked! :)

Gallery id:
    Isleroux
    Isleroux Sims Tumblr
    Isleroux Sim Showcase
    girly-185.jpg

Not sure who that pic is of....but it is against the rules to post pictures of yourself here.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    lol, you build a fence or walls around it... *looks innocent*
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2015
    I was warned against the forums for these kind of comments but didn't think it would happen so quickly. Feel so bad :(@brookesaywhatx I apologise for the picture. It isn't me just some cute photography I found...I didn't realise photos were against the rules. I'll take it off. @Angelllite7 it was something a fellow simmer told me months ago and it always worked for me so I thought it was working for everyone else too. Sad to hear it doesn't always for others and I guess I must have been very lucky. I'm fairly new to the forums so I don't know every rule but so far I have had kind words to steer me in the right direction so I 'll stick to those threads.
    Post edited by isleroux on
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I was warned against the forums for these kind of comments but didn't think it would happen so quickly. Feel so bad :(@brookesaywhatx I apologise for the picture. It isn't me just some cute photography I found...I didn't realise photos were against the rules. I'll take it off. @Angelllite7 it was something a fellow simmer told me months ago and it always worked for me so I thought it was working for everyone else too. Sad to hear it doesn't always for others and I guess I must have been very lucky. I'm fairly new to the forums so I don't know every rule but so far I have had kind words to steer me in the right direction so I 'll stick to those threads.

Gallery id: Isleroux
    Tumblr: Isleroux Sims Tumblr
    Sim Showcase: Isleroux Sims

Photos are fine! People didn't know if you were posting a photo of yourself, and were just kindly giving you a heads-up on a rule that a lot of people don't know about. That's all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but Sims have hidden traits. I think we've all heard of the right and left handed ones. They also have maid, mailman, guilty criminal (those are the ones I've found so far).

(I have the debug mod from MTS installed it shows me the extra hidden traits)

These are the traits on NPCs and not my Sim (although it shows her face). I had clicked on them and pulled up their traits. I haven't figured out what the blank one is, some of them have up to three blank spots.

TS4%202015-05-17%2015-48-42-45_zpsppuyvhgs.png

TS4%202015-05-17%2015-10-21-15_zpskj5lljwf.png

Cooool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2015
    @luthienrising thanks for the confirmation. I just re-read the forum rules and have confirmed I will not be banned lol. I think to avoid further confusion with some on here I will not use that particular photo. Shame.

Post edited by isleroux on
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    cats3008cats3008 Posts: 135 Member
    Suprised to find out some stuff I didn't know. I felt like I knew a lot but I still found out new stuff. Great thread OP
  • Options
    The Sims 4 will be the second Sims games to introduce empty neighborhoods into the base game. The first one was the original Sims.
  • Options
    Talk about being uprooted. Apparently the flowers float in the neighborhoods which I just found out today thanks to MTS for sharing the picture.
    xJaERvd.png
  • Options
    tarahkimberlytarahkimberly Posts: 27 Member
    I know it was mentioned before about the spouses greeting each other after work, but children do it too! At least one of my Sim's kids is outside to give them a hug when they return home.

Also, I love that children can interact with babies!
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The stay at home mom thing is incredibly cute :heart: Thanks for sharing :smiley:

I haven't been able to focus on the same family for to long, so sadly I haven't found something... :smile:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    FetuseswithgunsFetuseswithguns Posts: 96 Member
    This feature I didn't know until recently: If you want your sim to have a baby girl, you buy a pink crib to give birth in. If you want a baby boy, you buy a blue crib and if you want it to be left up to chance you get a yellow crib. You can now decorate the nursery in advance with no issues! I have playtested this theory and it has always worked! :)

Gallery id:
    Isleroux
    Isleroux Sims Tumblr
    Isleroux Sim Showcase
    girly-185.jpg

That is actually NOT accurate. They did add to an update the ability of certain foods to help determine gender, but the crib thing is not true.

Do you by any chance know which foods determine which gender?
  • Options
    KalanafeinKalanafein Posts: 106 Member
    > @Fetuseswithguns said:
    > Angelllite7 wrote: »
    >
    > speirsy wrote: »
    >
    > This feature I didn't know until recently: If you want your sim to have a baby girl, you buy a pink crib to give birth in. If you want a baby boy, you buy a blue crib and if you want it to be left up to chance you get a yellow crib. You can now decorate the nursery in advance with no issues! I have playtested this theory and it has always worked! :)
    >
    >
    > Gallery id: Isleroux
    > Isleroux Sims Tumblr
    > Isleroux Sim Showcase
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is actually NOT accurate. They did add to an update the ability of certain foods to help determine gender, but the crib thing is not true.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you by any chance know which foods determine which gender?

eat carrots and listen to alternative music for a boy, strawberries and pop music for a girl
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    The stay at home mom thing is incredibly cute :heart: Thanks for sharing :smiley:

I haven't been able to focus on the same family for to long, so sadly I haven't found something... :smile:

I love your signature.Klaine forever :smile:

Anyways, I now know that sims can cook at the edge of the island counter (Was that a correct sentence..?)
    i3f98w.png
    Also, she hasnt done it after that one time so it may be a glitch but I thought it was cute.She was watching the cooking channel at the same time, how radical! <3

4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    @luthienrising thanks for the confirmation. I just re-read the forum rules and have confirmed I will not be banned lol. I think to avoid further confusion with some on here I will not use that particular photo. Shame.

We weren't trying to be rude or anything lmao just letting you know so you didn't get in trouble. Sorry its such a shame.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    She was watching the cooking channel at the same time, how radical! <3

Multitasking went through the roof and into space with this game. It is crazy what sims can do at once, now.
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2015
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    She was watching the cooking channel at the same time, how radical! <3

Multitasking went through the roof and into space with this game. It is crazy what sims can do at once, now.

@Samsonguy9000
    It's absolutely one of the best things in TS4 (Not counting in the musical chairs that is)
    Your comment actually made me realise how I'd probably be frustrated to bits when I didn't have multitasking anymore.
    Kind of sad though, how I take it for granted :/
    Oh well..

4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top