March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    This isn't something you can do but if you plant your plants in the ground and not a planter it leaves a puddle of water after you water them. If you highlight the water it will say something like 'only a neat freak would try to mop water on natural land'. Kind of cracked me up the first time I saw it because I really wanted to mop up that puddle. Have to use the planters to prevent puddles.

I've had puddles using planters but only the pot planters :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    This isn't something you can do but if you plant your plants in the ground and not a planter it leaves a puddle of water after you water them. If you highlight the water it will say something like 'only a neat freak would try to mop water on natural land'. Kind of cracked me up the first time I saw it because I really wanted to mop up that puddle. Have to use the planters to prevent puddles.

No, I get puddles all the time with my planters, and I use both the plot planters (I love to put trees in them) and the square ones.

I agree, though, that text is funny. If you have a neat sim, they can mop up outside puddles, I do believe.

moxiegraphix on Origin
  • pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Unrealny wrote: »
    SimRay can put out a fire. :)

I was just about to post that exact one !
  • UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    Unrealny wrote: »
    SimRay can put out a fire. :)

I was just about to post that exact one !

Ups :smiley:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    You can turn off the stinger/jingle that happens when your sims change their emotions.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I have a pregnant sim I am working on the Rosebud Challenge with, you can read her story here, and I have noticed that now she never runs anywhere since she got pregnant, even far distances when she is collecting items around the neighborhood. I can only attribute this to the pregnancy, its a very cute little detail.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Wait, can only Foodies take pics of their meals? I thought that was something all Sims did..and how do you turn off that darn Emotion change jingle??
  • monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    @rodneyclint I also thought that... I love it when they do it :D As for the jingle thing, you can change that in the settings, in the audio section.
    TS4%202015-05-18%2021-14-53-28_zpswfuwj6xy.png
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    @monia_vuk thank you very much!
  • monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    @rodneyclint You're welcome! :)
    I just found out about this yesterday but now you can use print-screen when on fullscreen mode. Last time, I couldn't; I would get a white screen unless I go to windowed fullscreen.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but Sims have hidden traits. I think we've all heard of the right and left handed ones. They also have maid, mailman, guilty criminal (those are the ones I've found so far).

(I have the debug mod from MTS installed it shows me the extra hidden traits)

These are the traits on NPCs and not my Sim (although it shows her face). I had clicked on them and pulled up their traits. I haven't figured out what the blank one is, some of them have up to three blank spots.

TS4%202015-05-17%2015-48-42-45_zpsppuyvhgs.png

TS4%202015-05-17%2015-10-21-15_zpskj5lljwf.png

I wish they would show the left handed and right handed for our sims and not hide it. But I also realized most of my sims eat with their right hand and paint with their left. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but Sims have hidden traits. I think we've all heard of the right and left handed ones. They also have maid, mailman, guilty criminal (those are the ones I've found so far).

These are the traits on NPCs and not my Sim (although it shows her face). I had clicked on them and pulled up their traits. I haven't figured out what the blank one is, some of them have up to three blank spots.

That is really cool. Wish we could have them for Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member

What is the name of that mod ?
    And can we assign / edit these ?

If this means I can control who becomes a service sim, this is the best mod ever !

• TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    I had no idea sims have a dominant hand.... what.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Wait, people can work as Mailpeople and Maids? How do you make this happen? Or is it like an NPC exclusive job?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Jackson OneJackson One Posts: 30 Member
    Also, when selecting hair, accessories or outfits in CAS for Formal, Sleep, Athletic etc, you can click the cross on the tag above the box where you pick clothes to reveal all the outfit choices, instead of just the ones they recommend for that particular set...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top