Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wild Lemon Trees & Blackberry Bushes never seem to have fruit to harvest, no matter how long I wait.

I've waited for at least two or three sim weeks in the game, and no matter how many times I return to the areas in the game where the wild lemon trees and blackberry bushes grow, they never seem to bare fruit. Unless there's something wrong with the game, I can't understand why its taking so long.

I'm not sure how long this problem has been occurring, I didn't notice this problem until now, however, I didn't do much gardening in the game until awhile ago, and I'm trying to create a grocery store, that sells all the fruits and vegetables in the game.

Also in addition to wild lemon trees and blackberry bushes always being barren, the only wild cherry tree, I've come across in the game, is too immature to be harvest-able for some odd reason.

If anyone has an idea as to how I could fix this, please let me know. I would ask someone for a lot with all the harvest-able garden plants on it, but I'm worried that it might cause problems if my sims didn't actually grow the fruits and vegetables they were selling. I remember at least on of gurus, saying that if try to sell items directly out of "buydebug" instead of finding them, or crafting them yourself, it can cause problems. ( I think it was @SimGuruGraham specifically who said it ). However, I'm not able to find any of plants in within the debug menu so maybe its not the same thing.

In the meantime, I hope @SimGuruGraham, @SimGuruGrant, @SimGuruBChick or one of the other simgurus is able to alert EA to this bug, so they can fix it in the next patch.

Comments

• Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    It isn't a bug. It is the way the game is designed. They may or may not decide to change it. When you aren't present in the neighborhood the harvestables do not grow. Different harvestables have different growth rates and blackberries and lemons are some of the longer maturing plants. To harvest those plants you really need to live in the neighborhood where they are present. There are blackberries and lemons in the Caliente neighborhood. There are Cherry Trees in the neighborhood where the Roomies live. There is a solution for obtaining the plants that you find in neighborhoods in which you do not live. You obtain cuttings and graft them onto plants you already have growing in your garden.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello.
    This is a link to a garden that a simmer has uploaded to the Gallery that has all the base game plants at perfect quality.
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DD2D3E35DBE611E48EE49EAB6BB9E0D5
    I hope that may help. The Simmer would have grown them in her sims garden, to reach the perfect quality.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    It isn't a bug. It is the way the game is designed. They may or may not decide to change it. When you aren't present in the neighborhood the harvestables do not grow. Different harvestables have different growth rates and blackberries and lemons are some of the longer maturing plants. To harvest those plants you really need to live in the neighborhood where they are present. There are blackberries and lemons in the Caliente neighborhood. There are Cherry Trees in the neighborhood where the Roomies live. There is a solution for obtaining the plants that you find in neighborhoods in which you do not live. You obtain cuttings and graft them onto plants you already have growing in your garden.

Or maybe if that's the case, I could use cheat codes so that my sims needs never decay, and just make them stay in the neighborhood until they grow if that's the case. Hopefully they will fix it through, because I can't believe this isn't a bug.

Unfortunately graphing one plant onto another is meant to create other types of plants, so I'll have to make sure they're plants that won't create a hybridized species, instead of growing both types of fruit. Thanks for the suggestion through, hopefully that will work, if not, I'll just use cheat codes, and maybe that will.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    This is a link to a garden that a simmer has uploaded to the Gallery that has all the base game plants at perfect quality.
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DD2D3E35DBE611E48EE49EAB6BB9E0D5
    I hope that may help. The Simmer would have grown them in her sims garden, to reach the perfect quality.

Thank you.
  • Options
    @Sincerbox
    @rosemow

Good news. I returned to the area where I found the wild lemon trees, to take a cutting of the plants, and low and behold, the wild lemon trees had sprouted fruit. Finally I was able to get myself some lemons. The black berries were another story through, unfortunately. However, I was able to graft a black berry plant onto a grape plant in my garden, so I should be getting them soon. It turns out that after I grafted a lemon plant to my pear tree, that it turned into a lemon, pear and plantain tree, so I still get the harvest the other fruits as well.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    It is great to hear that you have been able to harvest the wild lemons! It is great that you have grafted blackberries onto your grape plant.I hope the fruit appears very soon for you. The combined lemon, pear and plantain plant sounds great! You will enjoy harvesting all the fruit on the one plant.
    Enjoy gardening and simming! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow

I will.