Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty info bubbles?

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted anything similar, but i couldn't find it.

I've just installed the game, and any new information bubbles (moodlets, building descriptions, etc) are blank.
I've tried reinstalling, but still no results.
Please help me!

Comments

• Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    You are not alone. My problem only exists in the inventory on a few items :-\
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    IndigolafayeIndigolafaye Posts: 11 New Member
    My game is unplayable due to this issue. I have no clue what im doing.
  • Options
    PrincessVulpixPrincessVulpix Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Indigolafaye said:
    > My game is unplayable due to this issue. I have no clue what im doing.

Same here! I've been going crazy all day >_<
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    Same here :( im gutted about it. Its totally unplayable as i'm just clicking random stuff without knowing what it is.
  • Options
    Harty14Harty14 Posts: 9 New Member
    I got the Sims 4 Get to work today however every time I go to work (Detective) all I see when I ask my Sim to complete a task is a shield but no description of what the action is and when I hover over the action in the que all I see is a blank bubble is this a issue in game then or a graphic issue?
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    Harty14 wrote: »
    I got the Sims 4 Get to work today however every time I go to work (Detective) all I see when I ask my Sim to complete a task is a shield but no description of what the action is and when I hover over the action in the que all I see is a blank bubble is this a issue in game then or a graphic issue?

Its a game issue, I have no descriptions of anything, even options on the cell phone. Literally nothing. :/
  • Options
    I see I have other actions showing just the new get to work is showing the issues wonder why it came out of testing in that state seems odd right? :|
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm having the same issue, empty bubbles for all the GTW interactions in the hospital etc. It seems the only way to fix it is to reinstall.

sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • Options
    PrincessVulpixPrincessVulpix Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    sadly, I've tried reinstalling more than once and it's got me nowhere :(
  • Options
    Em3776Em3776 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've read on other forums that the language is not being updated properly when the sims is being updated I haven't tried the solution I found yet but if it works I'll post it
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Well I reinstalled everything and it's working great now, so far I've not come across a single glitch, we don't have super fast broadband in my area, so it was a pain, but worth it.
  • Options
    keydenkeyden Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having the same issues, they are all blank plus lots of gibberish in other areas. I'm not very tech savvy so simple question, how do I reinstall just the expansion pack through origin? Or do I have to reinstall the actual sims 4 game as well?
    Cheers :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Have u guys tried the Origin repair game?
  • Options
    keydenkeyden Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="SheriSim57;13499639"]Have u guys tried the Origin repair game?[/quote]

Yes, multiple times. I've tried repairing both the expansion pack as well as Sims 4. Nothing has worked :(
  • Options
    uninstall the entire Sim 4 plus expansion and reinstall allow origin to install the digital version of GTW if you have the disk as that solved the issue for me if you have any questions as I am pretty good with computers please don't hesitate to contact me on here thanks.
  • Options
    LoserfayceLoserfayce Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so frustrated. I've tried re-installing, repairing, and the "Sims 4 Backup" suggested solutions, but none of them have worked. I have paid $50 AUD for this game on Origin, and I'm feeling so ripped off; the game is literally unplayable. ):
  • Options
    kaddi28kaddi28 Posts: 45 Member
    I've had this problem too!!! Hoping with the next updates it will repair this... super annoying!!!
  • Options
    DeeDee Posts: 11 New Member
    this problem needs sorting out is making playing for everyone impossible like i cant do anything with the new pack because everything is understandable I ain't happy at all mostly because I've paid for something that doesn't even work
  • Options
    simschickxxxsimschickxxx Posts: 6 New Member
    i am having the same issue but i dont even have the simns 4 get to work yet :/
  • Options
    pattsyrpattsyr Posts: 3 New Member
    I am having the same problem what a waste of time and money
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    i am having the same issue but i dont even have the simns 4 get to work yet :/

It's not a GTW issue - it's a game update issue. Uninstall and reinstall.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Make sure to repair your game without mods/cc, and launch it without mods/cc and then check if the problem continues. I had the problem with one of my save games, but a simple restart and reverting to an older save game (reverting to a save game before the issue occurred) fixed it.
  • Options
    208300727C208300727C Posts: 1 New Member
    --------------------------------------------------- Solution -----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I had the same problem when I bought the game on release, really bummed me out. Based on what I looked up I figured out how to fix it. Hopefully this works for others as well:

1) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Data/Client
    2) Delete the file "Strings_ENG_US.package" entirely. For other language users this file will be similar in obvious ways.
    3) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin
    4) Delete the file "TS4.exe" (the application file with the logo on it)
    5) Launch origin, right-click The Sims 4, and proceed to download it. Don't worry if it tells you it's gonna download the whole game, because when it begins it'll be on 99%. It's just gonna re-download those language files and the .exe.
    6) Launch the game. Problem solved (hopefully).

P.S.: Don't reinstall your entire game unless you're prone to modding it and have thus done so. Stuff like this is usually a matter of a few files, and even Origin has a repair function that can redownload these files. Besides, if you are a keen modder you should probably either know all this already and keep a backup just in case.

Good luck!
    Kind Regards,
    Laura.
  • Options
    GeekyChickenGamerGeekyChickenGamer Posts: 2 New Member
    I've got the same problem, I've had it for ages but have managed to play without it but now with the new update I have found that it affects my options and so I can't re-allow my custom content onto the game...