Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty info bubbles?

2...Next

Comments

• GeekyChickenGamerGeekyChickenGamer Posts: 2 New Member
    P.S the link someone posted that was supposed to help the problem didn't help me, the files they listed I should have I didn't and not even some of the core files existed on my computer, and yet my game has been working without them for months
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    P.S the link someone posted that was supposed to help the problem didn't help me, the files they listed I should have I didn't and not even some of the core files existed on my computer, and yet my game has been working without them for months

Hello @GeekyChickenGamer.
    Are you playing on a Mac not windows? This link contains info for both windows and Mac.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165
  • CarlaEqualsZeroCarlaEqualsZero Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm still having the same problem since the last update, does anybody have any idea how to fix it yet?? :/
    I'm still having the same problem since the last update, does anybody have any idea how to fix it yet?? :/

Hello.
    This link refers to the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
    If doing that doesn't help, you will need to uninstall and reinstall your game.
  • KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am having the same problem with empty bubbles for Klepto Trait, Gardener and now Easter Challenge... :( Can't do the quests as the bubbles and notification appears empty! I do not have mods in game anymore then I restore it to default settings(Repaired Game) and still same... Now I have unsinstall the whole game including Get together and see if that helps me... Downloading again it right now... So sad....for the Easter Challenge I was really looking forward to it as I didn't had the game last year's one... :(
    QIhBg2C.png
    I am having the same problem with empty bubbles for Klepto Trait, Gardener and now Easter Challenge... :( Can't do the quests as it the bubble and notification appears empty! I do not have mods in game anymore then I restore it to default settings(Repaired Game) and still same... Now I have unsinstall the whole game including Get together and see if that helps me... Downloading again it right now... So sad....for the Easter Challenge I was really looking forward to it as I didn't had the game last year's one... :(

Hello @KildareFaerlynn I hope that uninstalling and reinstalling the game helps the issue.
    Once you have reinstalled the game, I hope that the issues will be fixed and your sims will enjoy growing grow fruit and collecting Easter eggs :)
  • KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    Yes it did worked dear @rosemow! Thank you so much! Big Hugs and a lovely Wednesday for you!
    QIhBg2C.png
    Yes it did worked dear @rosemow! Thank you so much! Big Hugs and a lovely Wednesday for you!

Hello,
    That is great! :) I hope that you have a very nice rest of the week. Happy simming! :)
  • BRUHMAN_666BRUHMAN_666 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you go into your game library in origin and right click on the sims 4 it will ask you to select language and create a desktop shortcut it will take a while to download but it might work
  • DemiA2607DemiA2607 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm trying to reinstall the game and see if that works 1 problem... it will take for ages AND I've got extra game packs.... i will be MAD if this doesn't work tell me if its worked for u guys :|
  • orlaorborlaorb Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there! That solution seems like it would work except for the fact that apparently I don't have any of those files on my PC to start with! Any ideas as to why, or does anyone have any other solutions?!
    edited January 2017
    orlaorb wrote: »
    Hi there! That solution seems like it would work except for the fact that apparently I don't have any of those files on my PC to start with! Any ideas as to why, or does anyone have any other solutions?!

Hello
    This is the section that contains the file that needs to removed
    Delete the following file from your hard drive: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4(.exe) (Path may vary depending on your operating system and path of installation). If you have known extensions hidden, it will be just TS4

Then go to Games Library, click on sims 4 picture, and click download.
  • mkie4321mkie4321 Posts: 1 New Member
    208300727C wrote: »

Solution

Hey guys,

I had the same problem when I bought the game on release, really bummed me out. Based on what I looked up I figured out how to fix it. Hopefully this works for others as well:

1) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Data/Client
    2) Delete the file "Strings_ENG_US.package" entirely. For other language users this file will be similar in obvious ways.
    3) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin
    4) Delete the file "TS4.exe" (the application file with the logo on it)
    5) Launch origin, right-click The Sims 4, and proceed to download it. Don't worry if it tells you it's gonna download the whole game, because when it begins it'll be on 99%. It's just gonna re-download those language files and the .exe.
    6) Launch the game. Problem solved (hopefully).

P.S.: Don't reinstall your entire game unless you're prone to modding it and have thus done so. Stuff like this is usually a matter of a few files, and even Origin has a repair function that can redownload these files. Besides, if you are a keen modder you should probably either know all this already and keep a backup just in case.

Good luck!
    Kind Regards,
    Laura.

This was extremely helpful, thank you so much. So far, nothing is wrong. I did forget about your P.S and by the time I realized the mistake, it was too late. But luckily everything seems fine. I only use c/c not mods, although I think c/c counts as mods? Please let me know if I should be aware of glitches that could be caused by this mistake, thank you again! Very helpful. You're a genius
    mkie4321 wrote: »
    208300727C wrote: »

Solution

Hey guys,

I had the same problem when I bought the game on release, really bummed me out. Based on what I looked up I figured out how to fix it. Hopefully this works for others as well:

1) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Data/Client
    2) Delete the file "Strings_ENG_US.package" entirely. For other language users this file will be similar in obvious ways.
    3) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin
    4) Delete the file "TS4.exe" (the application file with the logo on it)
    5) Launch origin, right-click The Sims 4, and proceed to download it. Don't worry if it tells you it's gonna download the whole game, because when it begins it'll be on 99%. It's just gonna re-download those language files and the .exe.
    6) Launch the game. Problem solved (hopefully).

P.S.: Don't reinstall your entire game unless you're prone to modding it and have thus done so. Stuff like this is usually a matter of a few files, and even Origin has a repair function that can redownload these files. Besides, if you are a keen modder you should probably either know all this already and keep a backup just in case.

Good luck!
    Kind Regards,
    Laura.

This was extremely helpful, thank you so much. So far, nothing is wrong. I did forget about your P.S and by the time I realized the mistake, it was too late. But luckily everything seems fine. I only use c/c not mods, although I think c/c counts as mods? Please let me know if I should be aware of glitches that could be caused by this mistake, thank you again! Very helpful. You're a genius

Hello
    I think what the simmer was meaning, was that by doing what they suggested, you don't need to uninstall/reinstall the whole game completely. Their suggestion can help to prevent the need to have to do that.
  • GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    I'm having this issue but with the relationship bar
    2a4wpqp.jpg
    GeeJaw wrote: »
    I'm having this issue but with the relationship bar

Hello.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue remains, try doing what it written in the solution section of this link article
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure if anyone else has posted anything similar, but i couldn't find it.

I've just installed the game, and any new information bubbles (moodlets, building descriptions, etc) are blank.
    I've tried reinstalling, but still no results.
    Please help me!

@PrincessVulpix Same thing happening to me however its only on the "change dirty diaper/change diaper" interaction. Which interaction is it for you?
    Going to tag @SimGuruDrake maybe they can help us.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • PurpleUnicornPurpleUnicorn Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue - blank info boxes, blank lessons about toddlers (after the latest update), and blank "actions" when I wanted a sim to interact with a toddler, as well as some items being listed as *debug*. Super frustrating.

However I followed the advice given above, from this site sims4.crinrict(dot)com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/ . The only thing that was different was that my Sims 4 files were under Electronic Arts instead of Origin games.

[so instead of being found here: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client it was here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Data\Client. READ THE ARTICLE FIRST]

Hope this helps anyone who has been unable to play their game!
  • olaemilolaemil Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks for the fix! However, it appeared to work with just moving the two files from “Client” and “Data” folders (backing them up to paste back later). Opening Origin to download the game, just clicking on “Download” (translated directly from Norwegian) without proceeding to actually downloading. Putting the two backed up files back in respective folders, then aborting the download process. The icon in Origin changed from “Download” to “Launch” (also translated, might be another word in the English version), and the files seemed to update for 40 seconds before launching the game. All actions bubbles now contain commands. (Sorry if some of the terms are not Sim-style - I helped my daughter with this and thought I’d post the fix that worked for us)
  • lelooooolelooooo Posts: 1 New Member
    > @PrincessVulpix said:
    > I'm not sure if anyone else has posted anything similar, but i couldn't find it.
    >
    > I've just installed the game, and any new information bubbles (moodlets, building descriptions, etc) are blank.
    > I've tried reinstalling, but still no results.
    > Please help me!

me too