Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The next best EP for Sims 4 is simple - Generations

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    At this Point Instead of Adjusting teen Heights Make Pre-teens instead to make the Aging more Gradual.
  • Options
    WormMommyWormMommy Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2015
    These are all awesome ideas! I like the idea of teens doing more like proms and make-out parties. I do find it weird that everyone except children are the same height. I keep accidentally ogling at teens for my adult sims because they all look the same to me. Lastly, @Legobatman3609, the Gurus started a thread for suggestions perhaps you can post your ideas on there? I'd love to see them actually put one these ideas in a game.
    I sim. Therefore, I am.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    @Legobatman3609- I feel that instead of an NPC of the tooth fairy that the parent Sims should have a tooth fairy costume instead. I feel that parent Sims could play the part of the tooth fairy and our child Sims could interact with their parent as if their truly interacting with the tooth fairy. That would be an adorable gameplay feature for child Sims (and toddlers if we get toddlers in a Generations/Family Play expansion). Maybe even add the feature that if the parent Sim speaks to the child and/or toddler Sim too much they may traumatize their child by revealing that they are actually their parents dressed up as a tooth fairy. Kind of like with Santa- it would create wonderful stories but you have to be careful or you may destroy your smaller Sim's active imaginations.
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Sorry I have yet ANOTHER idea! (sorry) You know how we can already help with homework, it would be good if every now and then they have to do like a science project or something and you have to help them build say, a volcano? Ok, I really will stop now.

Like school projects? I like it! :)
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    For me-
    I miss toddlers of course. But I want them to be able to interact with their world a bit more. (When Seasons) finally makes its way back- toddlers should be able to eat snow. Eat leaves. Pick flowers. Find Easter eggs- those were some key things that were missing from Seasons play with a toddler. Anyone who actually has a toddler knows if you go to the park- they don't just sit there quietly. They get into stuff. Do not bring back getting into the toilet, unless we have the toddler gates available. (i hated that mess they made) Also I want to be able to give them a bottle in their crib. Its not advised anymore in RL because of tooth decay- but in my game- falling asleep with a bottle after a nice warm bath and a story- is perfect!

Babies- I want to create a real nursery. I want bumper pad options with my crib and blankets. I want changing tables (i want the bathing feature back from Sims 2) I also want swings, play-pins (that can travel with the sim) high chairs, play mats for the babies, bouncy seats- tummy time mats, strollers, and carriers on the sim- and I want to be able to change their clothing-nothing too fancy- a couple full footie onesies and some regular onesies like they have on now-just different color and graphic options- Too much?

Teens- I will admit being a long time player since S1- I was a little plummed off when I found out the teens were the same height as the adults. I thought that meant they would be able to have a romantic relationship with adults now- but really it meant the team got lazy and didn't want to create different clothing-and wanted to use the same thing for all the ages. Its hard enough trying to dress an adult! Most of the clothing looks like something only elders would wear... Its so unrealistic and difficult to enjoy playing with them that S3 is still the one I play the most. Although if EA would ever get its act together and releases a patch for S2 to work on newer machines ( I would go back to S2-the family dynamic was so much better than anything thats come out since- and I sincerely miss that)

**They should also be able to skip school again too if they choose to.

**Sidenote** I found it strange and weird that my father sim walked in on my teen sim "messing around" with her longtime boyfriend and didn't lecture her about it. Sure there is "the talk" option, but not even embarrassed. He walked in with a bowl of cereal, sat on the chair and waited til they were finished to have a convo with her!... really? Can we make these types of activities private again? Please?

I want a PRE-TEEN age- just before teens- acne, attitudes- since teens are pretty much adults already- I think that would definitely add to the family dynamic. Taller than the kids- and they need their own clothing. Pre-teens would be sassy-smart mouthed. into their own thing. We should also have allowances that start at that age and continue thru teens- A separate bank I guess I'm saying. That way when they move out- they have some money of their own.

Of course non-family players should have the option of skipping ahead and growing their sim up if they choose so they do not have to play with any age mentioned.

See something I missed? Let me know!
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    I have a question that's a little off topic but also on topic at the same time. What ages would you say the each life stages are? I only say this because I get a bit confused when people talk about pre-teens but then to me just describe teenagers. I see the life stages as;

Baby - 0-6 months
    Toddler - 6 months-2/3 years
    Child - 5-10
    Teenager - 13-18 (although in game they all seem to be around 18)
    Young Adult - 19-30
    Adult- 30-60
    Elder-60+

I'm just asking because if there was a pre-teen surely that would put them in the 10-13 bracket and I don't know what sort of individual content they could do for that stage.
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm loving most of your ideas, and yes i agree toddlers should be a free patch. I could see explosion of rage from simmer if they dared tried to put toddlers in an EP. Addition to toddlers would be if they could socialize with one another after they been taught how to talk. It would help out a lot and increase their social while parents are off doing something else around the hourse.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GeorgiaTehSimmerGeorgiaTehSimmer Posts: 213 Member
    Mood swings for teenagers, and the thing that comes u offering a free holiday for the adults in the household!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I know this may sound depressing but wouldn't it be nice if sims have a funeral party so you can say the goodbyes to the sims who have passed away. I have the way sims die unexpectedly and you dont get a chance to say goodbye lol.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Wanna know a relatively good way to make teenagers stand out? GIVE THEM BRACES.
    SHOVE BRACES INTO THEIR TEENAGE MOUTHSSSSSS. No, but I would seriously appreciate the ability to give them braces without me having to mod them in. Make their voices crack. Make them feel embarrassed/awkward more often than an adult. Give them the option to practice asking someone out/kissing in the mirror. If they're mad, give them the option to "rock out loud" or something with the stereo.

I don't care how stereotypical they have to get, teenagers need to feel different than young adults because teenagers ARE different from adults. They are developmentally different! You can't treat them the same way!
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    This thread is amazing!!
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I do not think it needs Generations, next, per say. Nor do I want to see toddlers associated with an EP at all. They should be added via a patch. It's 2015 we've had toddlers since 2004, period, end of quote. None of the excuses, discussion none of it matters, they should have been in base and they need to rectify that.

I am all for a GP based on "Generations" but not really an EP. However, ironically, "Generations" from Sims 3 was like a big game pack really, lol. It was the worst EP released ever in the history of the Sims series.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Generations should include way more features and objects if it will be remade for The Sims 4. I want some new baby features and objects (like the baby swing and baby mat from Sims 3 Store), new venues, new world or few new neighborhoods etc. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Great ideas. I liked the Sims 2 private schools better. I would love like a stamina potion for elders so they can woohoo and exercise whenever they want. I also would love body hair, age spots, and acne for Sims. For the basic toddler patch, I would love if teach to walk could help towards the child motor skill, the teach to talk can help towards the child social skill, and teach to go potty could help with motor skill. For the EP I would want tricycles, big playgrounds, swings, slides, water slides, diving board, pool toys, bikes, scooters, and wading pools.

Basically I would want the EP to have all of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Great ideas. I liked the Sims 2 private schools better. I would love like a stamina potion for elders so they can woohoo and exercise whenever they want. I also would love body hair, age spots, and acne for Sims. For the basic toddler patch, I would love if teach to walk could help towards the child motor skill, the teach to talk can help towards the child social skill, and teach to go potty could help with motor skill. For the EP I would want tricycles, big playgrounds, swings, slides, water slides, diving board, pool toys, bikes, scooters, and wading pools.

Omg that would be the best EP ever! I would buy anything that would make this game almost perfection to be honest. I agree about a free toddler update (it really isn't free because we already paid for the base game XD). But I hope they will make some things optional unlike in The Sims 3 Generations, because I couldn't skip the mid-age crisis that easily :/ also the memory system was WAY better in The Sims 2. In The Sims 3 there were always those annoying memory notifications, and there were many ridiculous memories as well (f.e. I remember when my Sim vomited, the notification showed up. How nice memory that really is???). They should get new memories only when something important happens in my opinion. Also I really hated the Imaginy Friend life state in Generations, it was made too common in my opinion.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Omg that would be the best EP ever! I would buy anything that would make this game almost perfection to be honest. I agree about a free toddler update (it really isn't free because we already paid for the base game XD). But I hope they will make some things optional unlike in The Sims 3 Generations, because I couldn't skip the mid-age crisis that easily :/ also the memory system was WAY better in The Sims 2. In The Sims 3 there were always those annoying memory notifications, and there were many ridiculous memories as well (f.e. I remember when my Sim vomited, the notification showed up. How nice memory that really is???). They should get new memories only when something important happens in my opinion. Also I really hated the Imaginy Friend life state in Generations, it was made too common in my opinion.
    Yeah I agree and yes I much prefer the Social Bunnies over the Imaginary Friends dolls. I know it was supposed to be like Drop Dead Friend, but it was a poor and annoying imitation of that. I loved the memory system too as well as other detail things like fears, preferences in mates, and food/music/color preferences. That game was just so detailed, I loved it. Yeah $70 is a lot to pay for a video game in general, so it would be nice to get the feeling the game is worthwhile by having all the life stages again. I so badly miss being able to carry babies around, so maybe the EP will let babies be carried around in slings?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller