Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The next best EP for Sims 4 is simple - Generations

Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I feel this is what the community really needs. Families are really lacking in the Sims 4, and Generations is the best idea for the next expansion.

*Babies- Make them useful. Be able to carry them around. They shouldn't be just a burrito in a basket for this EP. Make them awesome!!

*Toddlers- Toddlers would be great to add in this EP, but they would be added for a free patch before this EP. I would like them to be able to potty trained, and taught to talk, and walk as well. Strollers should return. Toddlers in addition will have sand boxes at parks. They can also be carried around in a stroller.

*Addition to Kids- I would like kids to be able to loose baby teeth, prompting a mood let. Also kids can put the teeth under their pillows, and the tooth fairy will come like a grim reaper type thing. They will get the tooth and leave. I think it would be cool if kids can conduct stake outs to catch the tooth fairy. I would also like the costume box to come back. Imaginary Friends as well would be cool. Kids should also have to do school projects sometimes, like science fairs and stuff.

*Additions to Teens- I would like curfews to come back, and punishments. Also, prom and dances, field trips, and more to schools. Make teens smaller than adults. Yes I know this would be hard, but for us the Sim team would do anything, and I hate how teens are just as tall as adults. It is so unrealistic. Just make them in between adult and kid. Teens would have to do chores as well, given by their parents. As an adult you can assign chores. Adults can teach teens to drive (By just going off the lot)

*Additions to Elders- Canes. Also maybe memory loss?

*Families getting phone calls about death of family members, and taking it hard- I feel this is lacking in the Sims. In Sims 4 you don't get phone calls when your Sim's family members die. Which is terrible. They also don't have any emotion at all. I liked how in Sims 3 even if you were just acquaintances with them, your sim would be devastated

*Vehicles- I would like teleporting to be gone. Yes I know there isn't open world, but it would add realism to Sims 4. They would be like Sims 2, so as soon as they go off the lot they disappear (Like when going to work). If you are say, going to the park you would get in the car, drive off into a loading screen, then when the loading screen is over you would be driving up to the park.

*New types of parties- Bachelor parties, Teen makeout parties, Baby showers. Also, the ability to plan your parties. I hate how in Sims 4 your parties start instantly. What if i want the party to be at 7, and its 4? Too bad. You'll need to be ready before starting the party. I would like this to be reimplemented

*Boarding School, and home schooling- Pretty much like Sims 3. Home school pretty much your sims would have to teach the child, and for boarding school if they are misbehaving they can be sent to boarding school.

*In depth weddings- I think it would be nice, with retail for grooms and brides to be able to plan out their wedding dresses, and suits. So you can shop for the dress you like at a wedding place. It would be sweet :)

*New Jobs- Daycare runner

*New Town- Filled with houses, parks, an ocean. Stuff filled with things to do with a family.

*Custom Lifespan Tool- This would be like Sims 3 where you can adjust an life states. Don't like toddlers? Make it so they'll age up after a day! Like the teen years? Go to 100 days!

*More to pools- Woohooing in pools, kissing in pools. Water slides, diving boards, skinny dipping. These should definitely return!

*Hot tubs- Same thing as pools, but warm.

-Amazing surprise feature PETS, or SEASONS- How awesome would it be if they added pets in this expansion pack! It would be a great combo of stuff. Maybe even Seasons. With Holidays, and festivals coming back. Parades. Maybe all 3 - Generations,Pets, and Seasons!! OMG PLEASE.

Any more ideas? Put them in the comments! :)
E0iRxce.png

Please EA
Post edited by Legobatman3609 on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Only if the tooth fairy NPC comes with it :mrgreen:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Only if the tooth fairy NPC comes with it :mrgreen:

OMG!! Didn't think of this! Thank you! :)
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    90% of the list is made of things that should have been in the base game. I'm not looking forward to buy anything that was in TS3's base.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    90% of the list is made of things that should have been in the base game. I'm not looking forward to buy anything that was in TS3's base.

From that list I can only think of carpools and the custom lifespam tool which should be both in a patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »

From that list I can only think of carpools and the costum lifespam tool which should be both in a patch.

Maybe not 90%, but some things are. :#

tenor.gif
  • Options
    Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    Most of those weren't in TS3 on launch. Also, I assume you paid for TS3's content. Why should TS4 be free..?
  • Options
    Wilhyral1 wrote: »
    Most of those weren't in TS3 on launch. Also, I assume you paid for TS3's content. Why should TS4 be free..?

I'm talking that i don't wanna pay for stuff that was in TS3 base, you don't get it?

tenor.gif
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    It better be! Or I'm going to be so very sad. I think it's about time EA does something for family players. I want my toddlers, EA!

(but I won't mind too much if the next EP is city related. I really want a big city with apartments, restaurants, nightclubs, cinemas, bowling, etc. As long as we'll get toddlers soon after that, I'm good.)
  • Options
    It better be! Or I'm going to be so very sad. I think it's about time EA does something for family players. I want my toddlers, EA!

(but I won't mind too much if the next EP is city related. I really want a big city with apartments, restaurants, nightclubs, cinemas, bowling, etc. As long as we'll get toddlers soon after that, I'm good.)

According to the survey from a while ago, cities may be in the works.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm a little "meh" about curfews, I like being able to have my sim go out and venture the night and now that basements are out, I'm planning on building an underground nightclub/rave for teens. Maybe if we can set our own curfews per played family I would be happy. I dunno to me Willow Creek doesn't seem like a place that needs curfews, It looks like a safe world. Oasis maybe Cause who knows that place to me looks sketchy.

My teen does chores, the kitchen and yard is his sanctuary he cooks for his family and keeps the outside of the house looking good, and he's handy.

But I think I agree with everything else.

Especially vehicles, Driving is a right of passage for teenagers.

Oh yeah and Babies, At least let us pick traits make us believe they're alive. one trait, and more trait slots for the other life stages.

and toddlers need more stylish clothing, I would never dress my child with the options the sims 3 had.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Shybug91Shybug91 Posts: 30 Member
    I really like a lot of these ideas honestly. I think family should be more in depth and ive been complaining about not having toddlers since day one. I think they should also have more stuff in the buy mode (such as cribs, changing tables, etc) for babies and even stuff for toddlers. Make it more realistic! They mention having a nursery but do not give the proper things to create one. Im not fond of the boarding school and homeschooling idea but to each their own. Having a better branch of family (steps, grandmother, aunt, uncle, etc) would be great as well.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    This is too much for Maxis and their greedy laziness to handle. Sad but true. We'll sooner see open world than toddlers and all those goodies. (Yep that's how possible it really is)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

According to the survey from a while ago, cities may be in the works.
    yes, cities & families, those are the two important EPs
    finally no more suburbs & finally something to do as a sim family than talking

& i could even get tempted to buy some GPs if the devs throw inbetween some new for builders with lots of different architecture

& as the third EP or as a bigger GP there should be restaurants or restaurants in the cities EP already

with GTW, Family, Cities, Restaurants & Architecture i would be more playing than hanging here around :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    Totally agree and there needs to be more activities for families too. My ideas are;

Babies; changing tables, bouncer (not stuck to the crib)
    Toddler; walkers, toddler areas in the park, sand pits, water table
    Children; learn to ride a bike, dress up, imaginary friends, tea parties, nightlight and being scared of the dark, (love the tooth fairy idea) sleepovers
    Teens; Learning to drive (even if they just go off the lot for a little while) more part time jobs, more awkwardness, spots

Also think they should have more party types, movie night, sleep overs, themed birthday parties for the kids. I really miss the festivals like spooky day and egg hunts. I think seasons would go well with this one as you could include the festivals and also things like the snowball fights and the water slides. Really really want this to be a good one with some of the old and some new things in and I really think the way everyone goes on about toddlers it really should be the next EP
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    Totally agree and there needs to be more activities for families too. My ideas are;

Babies; changing tables, bouncer (not stuck to the crib)
    Toddler; walkers, toddler areas in the park, sand pits, water table
    Children; learn to ride a bike, dress up, imaginary friends, tea parties, nightlight and being scared of the dark, (love the tooth fairy idea) sleepovers
    Teens; Learning to drive (even if they just go off the lot for a little while) more part time jobs, more awkwardness, spots

Also think they should have more party types, movie night, sleep overs, themed birthday parties for the kids. I really miss the festivals like spooky day and egg hunts. I think seasons would go well with this one as you could include the festivals and also things like the snowball fights and the water slides. Really really want this to be a good one with some of the old and some new things in and I really think the way everyone goes on about toddlers it really should be the next EP

I like some of those toddler ideas! I'll add those! :)
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of things I do with my boys (6 months, so soon to be toddler and 5 year old) I miss the tree houses a lot, I think the biggest thing for me is that I remember playing in my garden (yard) a lot as a kid and there isn't really anything for them to do outside in the game. Haha maybe have the kids be able to build mud pies, I can imagine the parents look of disgust! I think kids should have more random ways to entertain themselves like building a den, or making a pretend shop or something. Make up a show for their parents or a dance or a song... Ok I'll stop now I could probably go on forever.
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of things I do with my boys (6 months, so soon to be toddler and 5 year old) I miss the tree houses a lot, I think the biggest thing for me is that I remember playing in my garden (yard) a lot as a kid and there isn't really anything for them to do outside in the game. Haha maybe have the kids be able to build mud pies, I can imagine the parents look of disgust! I think kids should have more random ways to entertain themselves like building a den, or making a pretend shop or something. Make up a show for their parents or a dance or a song... Ok I'll stop now I could probably go on forever.

Like a pillow fort or something?
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options

Like a pillow fort or something?

Yes, or with boxes or what we used to do was get the dining room chairs and throw a blanket over it. Just thought they could even just hide under the table and pretend it was a den. You know how they used to play in the bath and fish in the pool in ts3, have different interactions on normal objects for the kids.
  • Options
    Sorry I have yet ANOTHER idea! (sorry) You know how we can already help with homework, it would be good if every now and then they have to do like a science project or something and you have to help them build say, a volcano? Ok, I really will stop now.
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    I LOVE pretty much every idea you guys have! The kids are my favorite stage in Sims 4 and just thinking of them losing their teeth and doing science projects and learning how to ride bikes is enough to melt my heart <3

I really hope they make an expansion like this, I would buy it in a heartbeat!
    [
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    What I really want is more family activities like board games and stuff like that. But i do like every idea you had, except one. Cars. Then again, I must be the only person who doesn't want traveling to stop bring like teleporting :sweat_smile: I just like the convenience.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Unfortunately as far as Teens go I wouldn't get your hopes up for the height being changed due to face to face/physical interactions being created at a certain height. That's the reason there are no height sliders (from what I've read/learned, at least) because it's too complicated to create fluid interactions between sims at custom heights (ie: hugging, high fives, etc). Back to the teens - this is roughly why I think that won't happen in TS4. They are going to be permanently stuck at that height.

I do feel, however, that their features could be tweaked in CAS a little bit so they look less like an adult. I don't know if that's just as unrealistic as height change though.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Toddlers do not have to be taught to walk they learn on their own. They also learn on their own how to speak with a little help from Mom and Dad.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Please bring back my horses and hopefully carriages and it would be nice if we had real horse shows. I hope they make seasons with real weather like storms, with big waves and torneadoes.