Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Light issue...

Hello !

I remember in Sims 3, the lights were intelligent when you set them on auto-mode : they were ON only when it was dark outside and only when a sim got inside the room they were in.

In Sims 4 you set them on auto-mode and they do work when a sim get inside a room, but it doesn't matter the time of the day. As a result : you get more expensive taxes.
Is there anything in the options I'm unaware of??
1522086871-legatelanius.gif

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yes you can change it with this mod, since the option is not in the game:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532961

Some other lighting mods you might like:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533562
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=546762
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=545055

If you don't want to use mods, the invisible lighting in the debug may help brighten up your home.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    @Scobre, I think the OP was asking about indoor lights while using the auto-lights setting on all lights in a lot. Those mods are useful for the outdoor lights.

To the OP, sorry I haven't seen anything that will alter the auto-lights mode, especially dealing with bills. You could try some of the lower bills mods to lighten the cost of having lights on all the time. They are at MTS too.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    ah.. too bad there's no mod for that then, anyway thanks for the info !
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2015
    I didn't have this problem. The houses are dark inside, way too dark imho, compared to the outdoors surrounding them. I was having to actually 'turn on' all lights because they were Not turning on when a Sim entered a room during the day light hours. I just can't stand looking at pictures of the Sims in this game because I can see inside the houses the players houses are too dark for me and the Sim is way too dark to actually see them in a good flattering light. It changes the skin color, too, and it annoys me to no end. So, I have to 'turn on' all lights in my lots because they don't actually come back on during the day if I set them to auto-lights.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You can set the lights to come on auto when a sim walks into that room or leave them on all the time, you can also set the intensity.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wait, leaving lights on all the time affects the bills? I thought it was just what your sim owned and what was in their inventory.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Wait, leaving lights on all the time affects the bills? I thought it was just what your sim owned and what was in their inventory.

No it does not affect the bills.
  • Options

Okay. I didn't think so.
  • Options
    By accident I found out my household bills were a few hundred lower if I use auto-lights vs. leaving lights on. So I think it does affect bill amounts. Now I use auto-lights in all my houses. Might be something different for others. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Huh. I will have to give it a test. I've always used auto-lights since S3. I may leave one on in a hallway or something as a night light, but that's about it.
  • Options
    I like auto lights, but in TS4 it is just way too dark w/o any lights on.
  • Options
    Huh. I will have to give it a test. I've always used auto-lights since S3. I may leave one on in a hallway or something as a night light, but that's about it.

I use that one light that looks like a switch as a night light in the hall or kitchen. That is the only one I leave on and the bills were not much higher. Like catmando830 said, the game is too dark to leave lots completely dark.

• Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member

Really? I did a test once and I remember it lowered the bills by around 30% I think. I may be wrong though, it's been a while I haven't tried again.