Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    Ooops - wrong house.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    Ooops - wrong house.
    ok so that wasn't just me....I thought maybe my eyes were playing on tricks w/me...I SWORE I had read that already in another thread LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Ooops - wrong house.
    ok so that wasn't just me....I thought maybe my eyes were playing on tricks w/me...I SWORE I had read that already in another thread LOL

Haha, I was just thinking the same...!

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I want to make sure I am reading everyone's blog. I know there is a huge list on the front of this page but I am not sure if they are all actively playing right now. @Karise do you have a blog? I haven't found it if you do.

I know I have Lizzykin, Rainygamez, AllieMac, Simfluence on bookmark, Misfit and Illusory Thrall. Those are the one I have on my list right now. If I missed anyone currently doing this house let me know and I will add you. So far, I am really enjoying the stories. It is great to see how different everyone plays. :)

I have the requirements for House 001 done as far as the house value. I will move it to a bigger lot and add stairs once I am done with this House so I can put it up on the Gallery if anyone is interested but as far as this challenge goes I am just going to decorate and use the downstairs. I got a tad carried away building it LOL.

Thank you to everyone reading my blog. It is nice to know some people are reading. I love doing it so I can keep track of everything that goes on for my many generations.

I love this challenge. Really makes me do things I would never do otherwise. :)
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Glimmer50 I've enjoyed reading yours :) Congrats on getting to the house value!
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Glimmer50 I currently have two Drifter blogs.. one on house 7 Part 2 that's blogged commentary style and one on house 1 blogged as a story. I try to keep up with all the current drifter blogs, including yours. I know I was all caught up on your old Drifter blog, too. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 I currently have two Drifter blogs.. one on house 7 Part 2 that's blogged commentary style and one on house 1 blogged as a story. I try to keep up with all the current drifter blogs, including yours. I know I was all caught up on your old Drifter blog, too. :smiley:

Okay thank you IllusoryThrall I will also read your other one too. Just don't want to miss any stories. I like to keep up. :) And they are all so good too.
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 My story is still active. I'm currently posting chapter for house 7.
    http://illusie.weebly.com/drifter-challenge/the-keller-family-house-1-chapter-101

Congrats on getting the house value!

• Options
    @Glimmer50 Congrats on getting the house value - and no, I don't have a blog :smile:
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I have the requirements for House 001 done as far as the house value. I will move it to a bigger lot and add stairs once I am done with this House so I can put it up on the Gallery
    Awesome! I can't wit 2 c the finished house (both versions) :smiley:
    I'm so glad that you're enjoying The Drifter Challenge! I really wanted people 2 b able 2 break out of their norms & experience "all" that the game had 2 offer yanno?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hello all!! Chapter 4 is up....Love is in the Air.

Here is a small snippet:

Fa0DTkG.png

Addison really is lonely and misses her parents something fierce. On this particular day she becomes determined to find a spouse. Click on the link to see what happens next. :)
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I have the requirements for House 001 done as far as the house value. I will move it to a bigger lot and add stairs once I am done with this House so I can put it up on the Gallery
    Awesome! I can't wit 2 c the finished house (both versions) :smiley:
    I'm so glad that you're enjoying The Drifter Challenge! I really wanted people 2 b able 2 break out of their norms & experience "all" that the game had 2 offer yanno?!

Thanks V. I am so glad you made these challenges. They really go with my play style. I love starting over with each new generation and having new goals. Things I wouldn't normally even do. This time around will be a challenge since I haven't played with Toddlers or hardly any of the new content. SO excited. =)
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 Lovely chapter. I laughed at Addison's reaction to Paolo but at least she had a happy ending.
  • Options
    @glimmer50 that is so sweet. I'm happy she is no longer alone.
  • Options
    Thanks V. I am so glad you made these challenges. They really go with my play style. I love starting over with each new generation and having new goals. Things I wouldn't normally even do. This time around will be a challenge since I haven't played with Toddlers or hardly any of the new content. SO excited. =)
    :smiley: Yeah...all the new content may change up your strategies etc. I hope u have fun!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Glimmer50 Lovely chapter. I laughed at Addison's reaction to Paolo but at least she had a happy ending.

She really liked Palo at first. I mean he is so cute but when she started talking to him he just didn't seem to be into her. And she was upset after running out there in her bikini and all LOL.
    illusie wrote: »
    @glimmer50 that is so sweet. I'm happy she is no longer alone.

I am too. She has been so lonely since her parents died. She seems a lot happier now.

ETA: I just wanted to ask if you guys read ahead for the next challenge. Because I have to stop reading the blogs after the first house unless I don't care about spoilers. Or do you go ahead and read the blogs and not worry about it. Because some of these blogs are really good and I like reading the stories. It is hard to stop LOL. But I am torn because it will give away what the next house is all about. Decisions, Decisions.
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Glimmer50 I tend to keep reading, but I'm less worried about spoilers. I usually will read the next house's goals when my heir is aging to child, since I'm not using random traits and I like to know where they'll be going with their life. My Traveler's save, however, I'm enforcing random traits for.. so it makes things more interesting.. but I already know the houses since I've played through them once before. In other words, it's complicated. :wink:
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 I'm afraid I cannot offer any insight in this matter as I already know all the houses etc. :o:wink::blush:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 I tend to keep reading, but I'm less worried about spoilers. I usually will read the next house's goals when my heir is aging to child, since I'm not using random traits and I like to know where they'll be going with their life. My Traveler's save, however, I'm enforcing random traits for.. so it makes things more interesting.. but I already know the houses since I've played through them once before. In other words, it's complicated. :wink:

Yeah, I think I will go ahead and read the blogs because to be honest my memory isn't all that great anyway LOL. I might forget by the time I get to the next house. Sad but true. I am getting kind of old LOL. 58 my next birthday.
  • Options
    ETA: I just wanted to ask if you guys read ahead for the next challenge. Because I have to stop reading the blogs after the first house unless I don't care about spoilers. Or do you go ahead and read the blogs and not worry about it. Because some of these blogs are really good and I like reading the stories. It is hard to stop LOL. But I am torn because it will give away what the next house is all about. Decisions, Decisions.

I don't read the rules and stories until I have completed all goals and am waiting for the heir to age up to young adult. At times it is very tempting to read everything but I don't want spoilers.
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »

I don't read the rules and stories until I have completed all goals and am waiting for the heir to age up to young adult. At times it is very tempting to read everything but I don't want spoilers.

Yeah I started thinking about it again and I think I will wait because looking would give an extra advantage knowing what house is next and what traits to give my Sim. I think it might take some of the challenge out of it. :)
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    I read through all the rules for all the houses one day. I can sort of remember what some were, but most of them I don't remember at all. I just know up to house 010 because that was where I stopped the first time around. Also, the last house because it was the most recent read lol.
  • Options
    I read through all the rules for all the houses one day. I can sort of remember what some were, but most of them I don't remember at all. I just know up to house 010 because that was where I stopped the first time around. Also, the last house because it was the most recent read lol.

Yeah I hear ya. I played once up to House 009 and the only one I can sort of remember is House 003 and the Bachelor one but not sure which House that is anymore. LOL..bad memory. The only good thing about reading ahead is that I won't choose to do some of the jobs that I will be doing in the future. That is kind of what messed me up the first time around. I got to the one house and it was a job I had already done and wasn't really into doing it again so soon.

I don't know what I will end up doing. Probably just read the blogs and move along LOL...sorry guys...I tend to make a big deal out of things sometimes. :) Happy Simming.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hello Guys!! Chapter 5 is up. Things are starting to change for the Prescotts. Addison is really happy with her new husband Steve. Here is the link: Chapter 5
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 Lovely chapter. How happy they are.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top