Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    @Glimmer50 Lovely chapter. How happy they are.

Thank you Karise. They are a happy couple. =)
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is so much fun :) I have a new chapter, too!
    House 1.3 – All That Glitters (Will Probably Belong to Ivy, Soon)
    03-27-17_8-26-16c2a0pm.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Thymeless Welcome to the Drifters. :smile: Looks like things are going great for Ivy - congrats on the nooboo.
    @Karise Thank you! :D I was worried she wouldn't be able to find someone and have a child in time for her to raise the little one to Young Adult, but I think it was managed :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Yeah I am finding that I might have miscalculated how long it takes to raise a child. I just hope my main Sim doesn't die off before the kids are old enough to take care of themselves. I have had to expand the house because ooops. Anyway, I may have to find a caretaker or something LOL. I know we can't control another Sim but hopefully someone would just take care of the kids automatically. Maybe hire a Nanny? I don't know.

I need to catch my blog up. Maybe this weekend I will get a chance to do that. Seems like since I no longer work I don't have the time I thought I would have. Crazy.

@Vihisha Oh and are we allowed to put this new bowling alley in our game and go there if we have 1000 bucks? If so, where can we put it? I will look on the main page and see if you say anything about it. I know you are so busy. I hope you are finally getting some play time in.
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I take issue with how the gender preference of the main sim implies has to be just one gender. What about bisexuality? It's bi erasure.
    edited March 2017
    @DaB1gV I think it's talking about the gender settings in CAS, not sexuality. I mean, as adoption isn't allowed but an heir needs to be made, I kinda figured all the main sims needed to be in straight relationships (which kinda s.ucks because I'm gay but it makes sense in the challenge).
    Post edited by Thymeless on
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Thymeless I really like Ivy. She keeps on smiling. I bet she is fun to play with!

@Glimmer50 congrats on the nooboo!

@dab1gv, have you got the mod MC commander center? I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can use it to change the preference.

@thymeless, if you use mods I'm sure you can get babies even if you have the same gender sims. So if you want to play with a gay couple, than you should look into MC command center.
    @illusie I'll have to try that at some point :) I have MC Command, but I've never used it for that. And I LOVE Ivy :) She's such a mischievous little thing :) I'm thinking that with her son I'll pick the child and young adult traits, but randomise the teen trait to make things a little more unpredictable! Who knows what sort of sim Silver will end up being - I'm looking forward to finding out!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    @DaB1gV @Thymeless You can also change the preference in CAS in the custom gender settings. These are the three little dots under the male/female signs. It's a drop down menu and there you can set it to "become pregnant" or "get others pregnant" so in a same sex relationship your male sim can become pregnant or your female sim can get her partner pregnant.
    @Glimmer50 Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family.
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    @illusie I've got the mod but the mod doesn't allow to set no preference, and doesn't accomodate for bi people such as myself.
    That is a shame, but I know it does allow same sex marriages for non played families. So atleast you will see some gay couples in your game.
    @illusie unrelated, but I love your avatar!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    House 1.4 - Not All Treasures Can Be Collected With A Chisel
    10.jpg?w=700

One day I'm going to run out of silly titles, but thankfully that day is not today =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @illusie unrelated, but I love your avatar!

Thank you!! I have been using it for a long time, and thought about changing it but I like how it is now.
    @Thymeless Congrats on the marriage and Silver becoming a toddler.
    @Karise Thank you! I have no idea what I'm doing because I haven't actually had a chance to play with toddlers before, so I'm learning along with Ivy and Kengo :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    @Karise Thank you! I have no idea what I'm doing because I haven't actually had a chance to play with toddlers before, so I'm learning along with Ivy and Kengo :)

Me either. I am still waiting for the rug rat to turn into a toddler. Will be my first time playing one since Sims 3. We will see how that goes LOL.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited April 2017
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    @Vihisha Oh and are we allowed to put this new bowling alley in our game and go there if we have 1000 bucks? If so, where can we put it? I will look on the main page and see if you say anything about it. I know you are so busy. I hope you are finally getting some play time in.
    I do not have this Stuff Pack...so I'm not 100% how the new venue comes into play...I'm under the impression that it can b added 2 Bars & Dance
    Clubs or something...so I'm assuming that when those venues r added 2 the challenge..that u could put in an alley?! IS it a separately labeled venue?!
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    I take issue with how the gender preference of the main sim implies has to be just one gender. What about bisexuality? It's bi erasure.
    @DaB1gV I think it's talking about the gender settings in CAS, not sexuality. I mean, as adoption isn't allowed but an heir needs to be made, I kinda figured all the main sims needed to be in straight relationships (which kinda s.ucks because I'm gay but it makes sense in the challenge).
    I'm sry either of u feel offended in any way...I have left the option 4 u 2 specify "gender preference" @ the beginning of each Drifter Challenge. How u choose 2 play is TOTALLY up 2 u! =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha I wasn't offended at all! :smiley: I was trying to reassure @DaB1gV that it wasn't meant as bi-erasure :) Unfortunately, I was half asleep when I wrote it, so looking back on what I wrote it's a little bit of a mess =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I wasn't offended at all! :smiley: I was trying to reassure @DaB1gV that it wasn't meant as bi-erasure :) Unfortunately, I was half asleep when I wrote it, so looking back on what I wrote it's a little bit of a mess =p
    Okies...I just want ya'll 2 know it was definitely NOT my intent 2 "exclude" anyone or anything like that =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha It's all good :) Besides, this challenge is so much fun! I'm really hoping I won't fail on the first house, but we'll have to see =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top