Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Shop Help

HegginHeggin Posts: 69 Member
Hey :)

I was trying to make some new clothes in the Body Shop, but as I edit it it doesn't look really good. For example, if I copy a shirt on undies it looks flat, and if I take a shirt or pants and "erase" them, their shape still exists.
Is there any way to fix that?
I change both the "stdMatBaseTextureName" (the one with the colours of the item) and the "stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha" (the only black or white one).
I suppose you'll need to see an image to understand what I mean but I can't do that for some reason... :(

Thank you for trying to help! :)

Comments

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    The shape is the mesh, so if you are wanting a specific shape, you might want to find a mesh that will work for what you are wanting. Also, sometimes it is better to make things from the underwear . Some things can be erased and work fine, and sometimes they can't. What you are describing that you want is an alpha editable mesh. There are several around. Try just looking at mesh sites. Mts has some, so does Parsimonious. Liana Sims 2 is big on meshes as well.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Which Sims2 EP did body shop come with? I've just started with UC and it didn't come with it. Or was it something separate that is no longer available. Thanks.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    It is there. I posted the description of where to find the exe. here while back (every exp. pack came with it in the old days, as well as base.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin here is where you find the bodyshop exe. I would run it and pin it to the taskbar or make a shortcut to desktop.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Heggin wrote: »
    Hey :)

I was trying to make some new clothes in the Body Shop, but as I edit it it doesn't look really good. For example, if I copy a shirt on undies it looks flat, and if I take a shirt or pants and "erase" them, their shape still exists.
    Is there any way to fix that?
    I change both the "stdMatBaseTextureName" (the one with the colours of the item) and the "stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha" (the only black or white one).
    I suppose you'll need to see an image to understand what I mean but I can't do that for some reason... :(

Thank you for trying to help! :)

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=MTS:Sims_2_Create
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.