Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    oh, and I will upload pics of the house very soon, I'm quite proud of it, seeing though I don't consider myself a builder at all :smile:
    Very cool...can't wait 2 c it!!

I'm glad u got the expansion @Fennadev I think they did a really good job w/the expansion...added a lot of good stuff 2 the game :smile: A lot of times, the aliens hang out in their disguised Sim form..so you'll have 2 discover them! Plenty of them up in Sixam tho! Since you're in House 003 u can always get a job in 1 of the active careers 2 just try them out & c what they're all about =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Oh My!! I don't even know where to begin with saying thanks for reading my posts and commenting on my pictures and stuff. You guys are like a little family. It is so refreshing to talk to everyone and know others are struggling right along with you. Maybe we are on different parts but we are all having fun, laughing and enjoying this challenge so much. I was reading all these posts and just cracking up. I will have to watch the Videos that Lady V made. They sound funny.

@Rawla I truly hope you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick. :/ Also thank you for the spoiler alert as I am not reading ahead either. I have just the one I am working on printed out. Sure I have gleaned a little information from posts but not enough to give anything away. Once I saw Spoiler alert I went right by.

I think I will start typing House 002 at the beginning of my posts so others won't get it ruined for them in case they are trying to avoid it. I guess that is why we have the separate threads for each house but you guys are too fun to hang with.

@dglbr1969 The whole hands off thing starts to get pretty funny doesn't it? :# I am playing with or should I say NOT playing with Sims that I would never have played with in the past and find their behavior hysterical. This challenge has me cracking up at some of the stuff they do. Like I had one guy who was evil and his laugh just cracked me up every time. I never play evil people but I might have to start. He was funny.

@Alliemac Oh my a hot headed guy. Good luck with that. :o I had a whole family like that in one of my legacy challenges I started. I couldn't take it because they were mad all the time. I hope you have more luck. If I were you, I would bring in a random Sim and take my chances on him having some sort of job as that is allowed if knowing what Blanche makes bothers you. None of us would consider that cheating since the husband died and it is allowed to move in Sims. I would just get rid of extra money like V said.

Oh and about the clothes. I HAVE to be able to change their clothes and hair or I would literally lose my mind :* LOL. Good Grief...I am an Accountant with a Math degree...I have logic and OCD written on my forehead. :) You know how us bean counters are.

@MsPrissy88 Way to go on finishing House 001. :) Since it is the first challenge it is a little daunting to start and I was scared I wouldn't be able to do it but that is how I feel now on House 002. Thank you for the praises. I have to map out the house like that because I use house plans online and then I map it on graph paper, then in the game. BTW, that is concrete on the ground and the only free floor there is so that is why I use it. I am really going to have to do some changes to this house though because what I have graphed is one square to big for the lot so I am going to have to lengthen it so there is more room I think.

Ohh I hope your heir meets someone soon. Jayden and Bryson are such good looking Sims. It would be a shame to deprive the world of them. You should consider putting one of them on the gallery ..like the brother that doesn't have tons of skills yet...*hint, hint* LOL. Really, up to you but they are good looking Sims. You know your perseverance with this challenge has been so inspiring to me. It makes me not want to quit no matter what or no matter how many times I have to do a challenge. Thank you for that. :)

@Vihisha See I can spell your name just easier to call you V. Thanks again for this challenge. SO fun. I hope more people give it a try. I was a little freaked about starting with no one in town but that has added to the challenge because you can't just run down to the gym for a shower or to go to the bathroom. You are truly HOMELESS. What fun!! I am going to watch house 001 of your videos but that is all until I finish House 002.

I really do LOVE seeing everyone's pictures and have been reading with interest. Good luck getting through your challenges.

I did read House 002 a little before I started but still didn't know the whole thing. But each of these challenges have felt like real challenges. I always think..how am I going to get this done? Well I did the first one...stay tuned ....

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I am sorry. You are all awesome. :) Happy Simming all. I will start again tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Oh My!! I don't even know where to begin with saying thanks for reading my posts and commenting on my pictures and stuff. You guys are like a little family. It is so refreshing to talk to everyone and know others are struggling right along with you. Maybe we are on different parts but we are all having fun, laughing and enjoying this challenge so much. I was reading all these posts and just cracking up. I will have to watch the Videos that Lady V made. They sound funny.
    I'n my experiences...the Simming community is full of the most awesome people I've ever had the pleasure of socializing with!
    I would love it if u took the time 2 watch my videos...I've had a blast recording them...& I'm adding 2 them all the time! :smile:
    If u want u can also watch Episode 1 of House 002...I go over the rules & there's just beginning game play if u want verbal rules heh...same on House 003. House 004 is the 1st house I actually made an instructional video that didn't have 2 do w/my series...I shoulda' done that from the start..but hey..u live & u learn! Aside from like 3-4 videos before...The Drifter Challenge House 001 was my 1st YouTube videos so....
    4 whatever reason Vihisha is just a hard name 4 people 2 type &/or say, so you're not the 1st 2 just say....V...or Vi....or Lady V...or Lady Vi...all of them work...heck..I've even been known 2 respond 2 Hey U! hee hee
    I truly do hope more people stumble onto The Drifter Challenge & decide 2 take the leap & try it...I just don't really promote much past my Twitter account & uploading videos lol...so I think word of mouth is key.
    INFO 4 u if u want it: *u could try using terrain paints 4 mapping out your houses in the future as it's free*
    I usually make plans 4 my houses...but in my Let's Play series I've been going 100% unplanned....not sure those houses r really my best work..but I just went w/it LOL

I cannot express enough 2 ANY of u how much joy & just over all excitement I get when I read how The Drifter Challenge has been changing your Simming life & the 1st time things it's "made" u do. I'm just happy 2 have had a hand in u enjoying your play time :smile:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Hi All, it has been a while since I posted pics, hope I remember how to do it :blush: Anyway, fingers crossed pics of my house will magically appear on the screen. I am quite proud of it and although I don't build much I enjoyed the journey, will definately save and upload, but will remove the plants before I do just in case it blows somebody's aspirations :smiley:

The Drifter Challenge House 001

a4n4p.jpg
    2q86fc9.jpg
    2qkug5d.jpg

2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    I'm back y'all with waaaay too many ideas running through my head. I noticed while reading the posts a common theme popping up quite a bit. I think I may have a possible solution for the "spoilers". Since a lot of us are denying ourselves the opportunity to read ahead to see what fun/evil Vihisha has in store for us until we catch up on all the Houses, and we also don't want to ruin the surprise element for any new Drifters that join in, what if we started making use of the prep work that she's already done?

Simply put. We stick with the main thread for our normal chit chat and general rule discussion, upload updates, funny stuff that occurs in game and what-not. But whenever we have something to say or ask about that pertains to a specific stage of the Challenge (i.e. potential spoiler material), we simply put a quick "I posted a spoiler ___________ (question, comment, strategy etc.) in the thread for House 00x. Then whoever has already completed that one, or anyone that's just curious and not torturing themselves by not peeking ahead, could pop over and continue the discussion there. Then come back "home".

I think this might help keep the main page growing so more people find out about the challenge and prevent the individual pages from going silent.

Thoughts? And feel free to say that's getting to complicated, I don't like that idea, or whatever comes to mind. I just thought I'd toss this out there.
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Dglbr1969 - that was one of the other thoughts floating in my head. I was going to tell you I can't wait to see your house. It's stunning!! I'm gonna have to go download that puppy. I love how its on an angle!! I haven't tried do that yet. Seriously impressive!!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    That sounds awesome @AllieMac, I must have missed that post about the spoilers, but yeah, I'm trying to only view as I go, and what you suggest sounds terrific. I'll try not to mention any that happen in my gameplay either, oooo I never thought of that!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Thank you soo much @AllieMac :smiley: I haven't uploaded yet, but will soon, are we doing with the hashtag DrifterChallenge?? and do we name the houses? Sorry, feeling lazy I'll go back and check what others have done so far too. The kitchen was a pain to do because of the angle, but I tweaked and such so it doesn't look too bad, it was always going to be small lol. Thanks for your kind comments and I'll post when I upload, but I've gotta finish this challenge first, waiting for heir to age up :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    It was a combination of a few today. @Glimmer50 mentioned how she had been posting on the thread for House002 with her pics and how she found us all over here. And then @Rawla added a spoiler alert because she was talking about House 004 and knew most of us were still on House002 and we starting talking about how a lot of us aren't peeking ahead and didn't want to ruin it for others. So I thought we could potentially get 2 birds with 1 stone. Personally, I kinda viewing the other threads as something I have to "unlock" by finishing a House, so I won't look at thread 003 til I'm working on it.

anyway like I said, just a thought.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    yeah I asked @VINISHA about the tags. She said to mark everything as the #drifterchallenge. houses, sims, rooms, etc. Didn't matter what level. I just add in the description if its House 001, 002, etc, but not hashtagged.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Dglbr1969 What a neat looking house! I love how u created it on an angle. I must confess..it's something I have never implemented in a build thus far!! All the plants outside looks so nice & the front entrance/curb appeal is great! Neat idea creating an overhang on the back porch!

@AllieMac your ideas 2 keep certain things "hidden" away until others get 2 that stage r a great idea!

However...it's something I've been thinking about as well...Sharing updates & pics from the various houses all here on this thread is unintentionally going 2 cause spoilers 2 happen. I think the best solution is 2 literally keep everything partitioned into the specific threads. I know that it will take away from this particular post...but I also would like 2 c the individual house threads growing. When people want 2 look into specific houses as a stand alone challenge or when they choose 2 go from house 2 house...if everything is just kind of compiled here....I may end up answering the same questions over & over in the other threads. New Drifters might not wanna' sift through so many pages of EVERYTHING here on this particular thread. Whereas I'm not opposed 2 the way we've all been posting...I also do not wanna' spoil the whole Drifter Challenge experience 4 those who truly do enjoy a surprise! If I get some time...I will re-read through this thread & move some of the important questions 2 the appropriate threads...but w/the new house launch just a week away..I'm pretty busy...
    I shall quote important pics & questions etc in the specific threads as I can...feel free 2 add new content in the individual threads as well as here :smile:
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Vihisha :smile: I certainly didn't wish to spoil anything ooops, doh me!! and what you have suggested sounds great, what a wonderful job you are doing, and I don't envy you going back through all the posts to rearrange everything, but see?? That's what happens when something GREAT is born!!! You should be so very proud of what you have created here, with so many simmers having a blast and newfound enthusiasm with the game, thanks to you and thanks to everyone for making this thread so welcoming and entertaining.
    Have fun everyone, will start checking on the second challenge shortly YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    @Dglbr1969 Oh I really LOVE your house. I love the style and the cuteness of it. Small houses are so fun to make. You have such creativity too. I will download it for future play. To cute. I did the same thing as AllieMac and used #drifterchallenge then in the description I put This house was made for the drifter challenge. House 001. It is nice to because we can look back and see what we have built.

@AllieMac Yeah I think that is a good idea. General discussion here, some funny pictures if we want to share but I would hate for the house threads to die off because there are people over there to who are doing this challenge.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Dglbr1969 - Your house is adorable! Love the floorplan and looks. Well done! :smiley:

@Rawla I truly hope you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick. :/ Also thank you for the spoiler alert as I am not reading ahead either. I have just the one I am working on printed out. Sure I have gleaned a little information from posts but not enough to give anything away. Once I saw Spoiler alert I went right by.

I think I will start typing House 002 at the beginning of my posts so others won't get it ruined for them in case they are trying to avoid it. I guess that is why we have the separate threads for each house but you guys are too fun to hang with.

Thanks @Glimmer50. I'm glad I put the spoiler alert up. I didn't know several others would do what I did and not look ahead. hehe

AllieMac wrote: »
    I'm back y'all with waaaay too many ideas running through my head. I noticed while reading the posts a common theme popping up quite a bit. I think I may have a possible solution for the "spoilers". Since a lot of us are denying ourselves the opportunity to read ahead to see what fun/evil Vihisha has in store for us until we catch up on all the Houses, and we also don't want to ruin the surprise element for any new Drifters that join in, what if we started making use of the prep work that she's already done?

Simply put. We stick with the main thread for our normal chit chat and general rule discussion, upload updates, funny stuff that occurs in game and what-not. But whenever we have something to say or ask about that pertains to a specific stage of the Challenge (i.e. potential spoiler material), we simply put a quick "I posted a spoiler ___________ (question, comment, strategy etc.) in the thread for House 00x. Then whoever has already completed that one, or anyone that's just curious and not torturing themselves by not peeking ahead, could pop over and continue the discussion there. Then come back "home".

I think this might help keep the main page growing so more people find out about the challenge and prevent the individual pages from going silent.

Thoughts? And feel free to say that's getting to complicated, I don't like that idea, or whatever comes to mind. I just thought I'd toss this out there.

I think that is a brilliant idea! :smiley:
  • Options
    Morning y'all

@Vihisha - well, we certainly don't want to distract you from the prep work needed for House 005! So I will gladly offer my services. I'm more than willing/happy to help you go back through the posts if you like. I can make you a list of posts that might need to be addressed by weeding through this thread. Just let me know what to look for and I'll hit the ground running.

So do you plan to physically move the posts to the appropriate page? (Is that even possible?) Or are you going to quote/copy to the other pages? Will any posts that mention a specific house in any way shape or form be moved/copied, or just the major rules questions, pics, and potential spoiler info be moved? Just let me know what you have in mind, and in the very least I may be able to weed out the obvious ones for you, reducing what you have to shift through personally,

For example, I'd list dates, times, & member name of the posts that are Definite house specifics and a separate list of ones that might need a closer look by you.

(I'm one of those people that ENJOYS organizing, so don't hesitate to give me directions and then set me loose to wreck havoc, I mean compile a list. yeah yeah, that's what I meant!)
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Vihisha I've noticed you've hit the ground running and started moving things to their appropriate pages. If I can help in any way, be sure to let me know. And thanks for taking the time to clean up our mess! I'll make sure to go to the right page from now on if I'm taking about a House, etc. (huge huge hugs!)

@Rawla @MsPrissy88 @Glimmer50 @Dglbr1969 If y'all didn't notice, Vihisha is working on organizing the different threads to help curtail accidental spoilers for other Drifters. Be sure to catch up on the last posts before adding today. :)

Off topic - just 8 more posts and I can start adding pics, etc! yay me!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @AllieMac - Yes, I noticed that earlier this morning. I think it's great!
  • Options
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Thanks @Vihisha :smile: I certainly didn't wish to spoil anything ooops, doh me!! and what you have suggested sounds great, what a wonderful job you are doing, and I don't envy you going back through all the posts to rearrange everything, but see?? That's what happens when something GREAT is born!!! You should be so very proud of what you have created here, with so many simmers having a blast and newfound enthusiasm with the game, thanks to you and thanks to everyone for making this thread so welcoming and entertaining.
    Have fun everyone, will start checking on the second challenge shortly YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody had the thought of actually spoiling stuff 4 others...so don't worry...thought hadn't even crossed my mind or I would have headed things off A LONG time ago. I absolutely love all the banter that goes on in this thread & hope that by shuffling things around, that this fun doesn't quit!!
    I thought that copy/paste of the things already said would take me A LOT longer than it actually did & @AllieMac thank-u so so so much 4 offering 2 help...I saw your post as I was transferring the last handful of posts ha ha ha...When I started I couldn't really stop...that OCD came out & I wanted it all finished :p
    @AllieMac Yeah I think that is a good idea. General discussion here, some funny pictures if we want to share but I would hate for the house threads to die off because there are people over there to who are doing this challenge.
    Fabulous indeed..& I certainly hope that people really start coming out & sharing things in the other house threads more!! So Drifters....post like mad!!! >:) hee hee

Thank-u everyone 4 all your wonderful ideas & all your patience.....now hopefully I've copy/pasted all the important things from this thread into the corresponding threads. I'm sry if anyone's posts got left behind or "lost in the shuffle" If u c anything of yours that u would like copied...please let me know (I hope I got it all)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Alright Ladies, Gents, & Lurkers... you heard Mama Bear. It's time to start posting again!!

Seriously though, Color me IMPRESSED! I can't believe you got through this so quickly. And now I can start reading House 001 & 002 again to catch what I missed before. yay!!

Now that I think about it it'll be like Hansel & Gretel. We get to leave little bread crumb trails running through our house threads, and then make our way back to home base. (For some reason that song about Little Bunny Foo Foo is stuck in my head now.) I REALLY need to cut back on my morning caffeine levels apparently.

7 more posts to go. OOOH and I found the screenshot key yesterday. So I've started collecting pics!

*sneaks back out while singing ".... and bopping them on the head."
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am happy 2 announce that The Drifter Challenge Main Thread (this 1) has just reached

f.gifi.gifv.gife.gifempty.gift.gifh.gifo.gifu.gifs.gifa.gifn.gifd.gifempty.gifv.gifi.gife.gifw.gifs.gif

Booyah!! THX 4 all the curiosity in this challenge...All the comments/questions & the support you've all given 2 me as well as 2 all of your fellow Drifters! <3
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Ha ha...Mama Bear (love it) ;)
    I started right away last night...& when I couldn't keep my eyes open any more, I went 2 bed...1st thing this morning I was @ it again LOL
    @AllieMac O how I LOVE reading your posts! You're such a riot!
    Yeay..only a few more posts left & you'll b posting pics!! CAN'T wait 2 c them!! Seriously excited!! :smiley:

"Lil' Allie FooFoo Lurkin' Though The Forums......"
    2867408j905gzsn9d.jpg
    "Postin' On The Comments & Makin' People Laugh......."
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I am happy 2 announce that The Drifter Challenge Main Thread (this 1) has just reached

f.gifi.gifv.gife.gifempty.gift.gifh.gifo.gifu.gifs.gifa.gifn.gifd.gifempty.gifv.gifi.gife.gifw.gifs.gif

Booyah!! THX 4 all the curiosity in this challenge...All the comments/questions & the support you've all given 2 me as well as 2 all of your fellow Drifters! <3

Weeeeee!!! *dances for joy* <3
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Ha ha...Mama Bear (love it) ;)
    I started right away last night...& when I couldn't keep my eyes open any more, I went 2 bed...1st thing this morning I was @ it again LOL
    @AllieMac O how I LOVE reading your posts! You're such a riot!
    Yeay..only a few more posts left & you'll b posting pics!! CAN'T wait 2 c them!! Seriously excited!! :smiley:

"Lil' Allie FooFoo Lurkin' Though The Forums......"
    2867408j905gzsn9d.jpg
    "Postin' On The Comments & Makin' People Laugh......."

*giggles uncontrollably* You are both a riot. So much fun to read all of your comments.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    OMG I can not believe how much this discussion has blow up... so many new posts since yesterday for me to catch up on! I may be quiet most of the time ... but I love coming home from work and relaxing while I read and catching up on everyones progress and lurking at the beautiful new houses that are being created here! Thanks Vi for creating this thread :smiley:

Now I am off to see if Vi has a new daily video of house 003 for us to view!
  • Options
    WOW 5000 is quite a lot. Maybe more people are doing this challenge than you think. Some folks just don't like to post so who knows what other drifters are out there doing the challenges right along with us. WTG and Congrats Lady V. :) This is what happens when you play test a challenge and put heart into it.

I just love it because I am building a world. I never ever thought I would enjoy doing that but here I am and loving it. <3

I just have to say that when you are homeless it is one thing but when you are homeless and there is not ONE building in sight, it is a whole other feeling. So, if there are any lurkers reading this and thinking..wow that sounds like to much ..just take it one house at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day and you would be surprised how fun it is. Plus, what I love about it is that these challenges don't take long to do so it won't eat up your whole Sim playing. You can still do other challenges and this one. Not to mention the fact if you get addicted they can literally take just a few days to do LOL. Happy Simming folks. :)

Side note: You guys crack me up. Loving the rabbit picture LOL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top