March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

ZombieCleoZombieCleo Posts: 4 New Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
I've just started making and playing my decades challenge on youtube and the rules are too long for the description box. I figured here would be the perfect place to put them so I can link to them. It's still a work in progress (particularly the last 3 decades), but here goes.

You start in the 1890's (I downloaded a bunch of appropriate clothing just to add to the feel) and I wanted to show the changing world in real time, which means the challenge starts out with some limits to marriage in regards to race and gender. You can totally choose to ignore those and any other rules, these are just the things I am playing with. Each new decade starts with the children growing into young adults (or teens if you prefer)

1890’s
May only marry within their ethnicity
May only marry and have a relationship with opposite gender
Outside toilets
No electricity (Lighting is a problem here, use candles or lanterns)
Must always ‘try for a baby’ no just woohooing
Girls born may only have the creativity bonus
Women take care of the children and tidy the house, may help garden
Female children may only move out once married.
Male heirs only, if there are no boys, a married girl's husband may inherit
Wooden furniture only (No upholstered beds only quilts and blankets)
Old fashioned stove and fridge (I downloaded a pantry item to help with the aesthetics)
No showers only bathtubs
No jobs, money made through gardening, painting or woodworking
Wooden walls and floors
House must only be decorated with impressionist or classic paintings
(Must have a cow plant ready for the 1910’s so start now)

1900’s
Indoor plumbing (Still no showers)
Electric lighting allowed
Upholstery allowed
Wallpaper allowed
Phonograph music player allowed
Jobs allowed (males only)
Business career to level 6
Culinary to level 5
Entertainer – musician branch full career open

1910’s war years
Male children ‘go off to war’ at adulthood (feed to cowplant, randomise through dice rolling - odds die, evens survive)
Male children must take one of the following characteristics at adulthood (Assuming they have been to war and have suffered trauma)
Gloomy
Hot headed
Clumsy
Insane
Lazy
Squeamish
Mean
Noncommital
Men of the family cannot work until they transition from young adulthood to adulthood (You may wish to move them to a separate household until this happens, then invite them over once a week to simulate wartime leave)
Carpets allowed
Painted walls allowed
Men that marry the female children must also ‘go to war’ (Allowed one chance to have a baby first)
Jobs (Male only)
Business – Management branch
Culinary – Chef branch
Entertainer – Musician branch
Painter – both branches

1920’s Womens rights
Women can be chosen to inherit
Women can work as a painter or musician until Children arrive
Careers opened
Criminal (bootleggers) – Boss branch
Culinary (bootleggers) – Mixologist branch

1930’s Great depression
Anyone in a career loses their job and must make money by scavenging through the neighbourhood for 2 weeks of game time
Careers lost (business)
Bills may only be paid after the electricity has been cut off (Water too if you want a harder version)
All sims reaching adulthood in this era must take one of the following traits:
Gloomy
Noncommital
Mean

1940’s WWII
Male children ‘go off to war’ at adulthood (feed to cowplant, randomise through dice rolling - odds die, evens survive)
Male children must take one of the following characteristics at adulthood(Assuming they have been to war)
Gloomy
Hot headed
Clumsy
Insane
Lazy
Squeamish
Mean
Noncommital
Men of the family cannot work until they transition from young adulthood to adulthood (You may wish to move them to a separate household until this happens, then invite them over once a week to simulate wartime leave)
Women must now work in one of the following careers:
Athlete – Body builder career (Working as a health advisor to the government)
Painter – Master of the real (Working as a propaganda minister)
Culinary – Mixologist (Working as a pub landlady) Chef (Minister for food/agriculture)
Entertainer – Either (Entertaining the troops)
Every house must now own a radio and someone must listen for one hour a day
Every house must have a garden (Dig for victory)
One hot cooked meal per person per day, all other hunger must be dealt with produce from the garden

1950’s Korean war
First male child gets conscripted, first female child becomes a volunteer nurse, both get fed to the cowplant at adulthood after choosing one of the war characteristics from the 1st and second world war
Cheapest TV Available – only shows programmes from 6-10am and 6-12pm
Cheapest pc available – Only used for writing
Athlete – professional Branch available
Writing career available
House can be decorated with popart
Showers allowed

1960’s sexual revolution and civil rights era
Birth control! You no longer need to try for a baby with each woohoo
Astronaut career available
Secret agent career available
Marriage available regardless of ethnicity
Homosexual relationships allowed
Better TV’s allowed (No Wall mounted flat screens) (time restrictions still apply)
You may take time off for the birth of your baby

1970’s End of the vietnam war
First two children (Of either gender) are sent to war (cowplant) as conscripts or volunteer nurses and must take a survivor trait
First microprocessor allows 2nd tier computer to be used for gaming and writing only
Environmentalist movement – Every child born must have one of the following:
Active
Self assured
Loves outdoors
Outgoing

1980’s
All computers available for writing and playing games only
Yuppie era – Every child born must have one of the following traits:
Self assured
Foodie
Ambitious
Materialistic
Snob
One person in the family must have a business/investor career
TV time restrictions 6am – 2am
You are allowed to go camping

1990’s – Internet!
Computers have no restrictions!
You are allowed to use your mobile phones!
When the first child turns from a child into a teen your family become Y2k disaster preppers
You must build a safe house on your property using the cheapest furniture and you must stay in there three days before your oldest teens birthday, no children etc are allowed to go to school

2000’s – Climate change
All careers open
Dad’s may take leave for the birth of their baby
Flatscreens allowed

2010’s
Gay marriage allowed
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Wow, this looks like such an interesting idea! I'll be trying this one out for sure.

Edit: I actually have a question. I might just be missing it, but I don't see anything about pools. Are they unlocked from the beginning, or should they be unlocked in a certain decade?
    Post edited by WomanOfLeisure on
  • policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    Love this! Going to try this myself! :)
  • ZombieCleoZombieCleo Posts: 4 New Member
    > @WomanOfLeisure said:
    > Edit: I actually have a question. I might just be missing it, but I don't see anything about pools. Are they unlocked from the beginning, or should they be unlocked in a certain decade?

Hmm, well private pools weren't really common until the fifties, so I guess that sounds about right :)
  • WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    > @ZombieCleo said:
    > Hmm, well private pools weren't really common until the fifties, so I guess that sounds about right :)

Sounds good to me! Thanks!
  • TearfilledNightsTearfilledNights Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started this yesterday, the complants are fully grown and the 1900 generation is born. A boy and two girls and I hope this continues with the majority of girls because I am scared that I will lose all of my men to the war
  • alexxxopalalexxxopal Posts: 78 Member
    Wow! This is an awesome challenge with a lot of possibilities! I can't wait to start!
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    This looks pretty interesting. I have a lot of challenges going but it's def one I want to add to my list for the future.
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    so im guessing that each decade represents a new generation is this correct
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Wow. This is a really interesting challenge!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    with the Korean war era rule
    First male child gets conscripted, first female child becomes a volunteer nurse and feed to the cow plant. do they get fed straight to the cow plant or do you dice roll
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hi ZombieCleo, I´ve been watching your let´s plays of this on Youtube and I really liked them. I started this challenge, and I managed to get to the 1910, but then my save file got corrupted so I lost my game. I hope I can start it soon again because I realy enjoyed it. Thank you for making such an awsome challenge. :wink:
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • PandafulPandaful Posts: 24 Member
    @ZombieCleo : I really like the idea of this but I'm having massive troubles finding 1800's clothing. I'm assuming that's Victorian. If you happen to see this, any chance you could give me a hand with some matching CC for time periods?
    Thanks. :)
  • princesspatty1983princesspatty1983 Posts: 8 New Member
    @ZombieCleo I love this challenge so far. I am currently in the 1900's; Thank you so much for coming up with this challenge!!
  • Greeksimmer2001Greeksimmer2001 Posts: 6 New Member
    That's my favorite challenge I try to play it on the Sims 3.

Thanks Cleo for your challenge and entertaining
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I learn a little bit about American history after reading this challenge and I bet this is very accurate! Hehe!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • G.Mackay98G.Mackay98 Posts: 1 New Member
    This sounds amazing! but i was wondering where you got the periodic dress that you mentioned from?
  • rachelsgamerachelsgame Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm trying out this challenge, wish me luck :D Will probably post updates here if I can?
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited November 2015
    This sounds awesome, I'm going to give it a go now :)

EDIT:
    11-22-15_10-52-07c2a0am.png
    11-22-15_10-52-39c2a0am.png
    11-22-15_11-16-33c2a0am.png
    I made my sim and her house; Victoria Yarbrough. I guess I'll have to get her to go and find a husband. Can she go to other lots other than her own or does she have to stay on her own lot?

Post edited by Cookingpup99 on
  • RinAx813RinAx813 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I really want to try this out when I get home and Maybe record it if I have the time! Does anyone have really good sites for some custom content for clothes?

Started the challenge, I have 2 boys so that's good! I'm just doing a run through of it first, but so far its awesome. But who becomes the heir?
    Post edited by RinAx813 on
  • howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    I'm going to start this!
  • misticl124misticl124 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @RinAx813 said:
    > I really want to try this out when I get home and Maybe record it if I have the time! Does anyone have really good sites for some custom content for clothes?
    >
    > Started the challenge, I have 2 boys so that's good! I'm just doing a run through of it first, but so far its awesome. But who becomes the heir?

A good site for custom content is the sims resource --->www.thesimsresource.com
    and my personal favorite My stuff ---->mystufforigin.blogspot.pt
  • ColoredDangoColoredDango Posts: 5 New Member
    This looks like fun, I`m going to try it :smiley:
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Sounds like a great and challenging challenge! I love how much thought you have put into this, can't wait to try is someday!!!
  • sbrownodowdsbrownodowd Posts: 4 New Member
    Sounds really cool! I might have to try this at some point. I may also adapt these rules for my Dynasty Challenge when I get around to it.
  • sauwakfsauwakf Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2018
    DELETED BY POSTER
    Post edited by sauwakf on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top