Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

Comments

• AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    zenonXlore wrote: »
    if anyone wants to make their story line a little bit more interesting divorce was legalized in the 1970s.

This also depends on location, though. My Decades challenge/story is influenced more-so on British-English, and in the UK...

"The 1857 Matrimonial Causes Act allowed ordinary people to divorce. Before then, divorce was largely open only to men, and had to be granted by an Act of Parliament, which was hugely expensive, and therefore was also open only to the rich."

(:
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    I've played with my first family until the 1960s, then I got a little bored and started with a new game. One thing I changed is that I want to stay on the same lot throughout the challenge, and only adjust/expand the original house when necessary. It would probably be a lot easier if I wouldn't have chosen one of the smallest lots in Windenburg, but we'll see xD
    @fireflysmelody I love that idea! I wish I'd done that, but I ended up focusing on multiple families as they branched off so now it'd be too complicated :# I'm about to hit the 1960's too :D
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    I'm still in the 1930s, but the next couple of episodes of my challenge have some creative ways of handling the "too many Sims" and "too little space" challenge. I am LOVING the calendar in seasons, it makes it so much easier for me to remember who has a birthday when, LOL! Has anyone created any cool, historically accurate holidays? Here's my latest part: https://youtu.be/9SRMnwpQSLc

And I've updated my family tree! Y'all have such pretty ones, but Plum Tree seems to be the most functional for me: https://theplumtreeapp.com/#tree/59ebdc8216acc61dee6135a8
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    @CuteCoffeeGal Can you post the link with the published plum tree? Otherwise I can't view it :'(
    Oh, oops! Try this one: http://bit.ly/2gvbSZu
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
  • GuiltyPlayerGuiltyPlayer Posts: 33 Member
    @CuteCoffeeGal I really enjoy watching your play through of the challenge! I'm playing my own legacy challenge and I watch your videos while I play it. I'm on the 1930s too, but I started in the 1910s because I've tried to play it before and found the first two decades boring.
    @CuteCoffeeGal I really enjoy watching your play through of the challenge! I'm playing my own legacy challenge and I watch your videos while I play it. I'm on the 1930s too, but I started in the 1910s because I've tried to play it before and found the first two decades boring.

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it! I've actually already recorded the episodes for Thursday and Sunday. Thursday will be a lot of fun. Saturday I made some pretty big changes, and I'm a little worried everyone's going to get mad at me, LOL!
  • GuiltyPlayerGuiltyPlayer Posts: 33 Member
    I'm excited to watch them!
  • Namer25Namer25 Posts: 9 New Member
    I only can play on PS4. Is there any way I can do the styles cause I am pretty sure there is no CC on PS4.
    Namer25 wrote: »
    I only can play on PS4. Is there any way I can do the styles cause I am pretty sure there is no CC on PS4.

I don't think there's CC for PS4 but I've never played Sims on one. I'd be interested to know if so!

Besides that you can probably make do with the clothes, hairs, and some furniture that come with the game and packs :)
  • Namer25Namer25 Posts: 9 New Member
    @ashubii I only have the base game, and might be getting GTW.
    Namer25 wrote: »
    @ashubii I only have the base game, and might be getting GTW.

Late reply, I'm sorry! I tried looking through just the base game items. There are probably some things that can work for the decade, but it'll be tough making outfits that really reflect it without either some CC or a few packs. The Vintage Glamour pack would be a good one!
    Does anyone else keep a spreadsheet to keep track of ages, or am I just a big overly extra nerd? I'd be curious to know if anyone has a more organized method, lol. I have to pause aging a lot for story purposes, so this is the only way I can really keep track of when a Sim is supposed to age up (even with aging off I try to follow the 2 days = 1 year and just manually update the life stages).
    HYBFNXd.png

If you have Seasons, the calendar is super helpful because you can do the age calculation, then throw their birthday on the calendar as an event so you won't forget which day it's supposed to happen! At the moment I'm still in the 1930s, so with normal aging on I don't need to calculate out the birthdays, but once I switch to longer lifespans I will need to create a spreadsheet to tell me when to age people up! I love your formatting!
    If you have Seasons, the calendar is super helpful because you can do the age calculation, then throw their birthday on the calendar as an event so you won't forget which day it's supposed to happen! At the moment I'm still in the 1930s, so with normal aging on I don't need to calculate out the birthdays, but once I switch to longer lifespans I will need to create a spreadsheet to tell me when to age people up! I love your formatting!

I do love how you do it with the in-game calendar! That works for me until I have to pause aging for the sake of storytelling. When I'm ready to unpause and start really playing again (and not just setting up scenes to screenshot lol) I'm going to have it on long lifespan and try putting the birthdays as events. I'll probably do it alongside my spreadsheet, though, because I have like... eight households right now :#
    Thank you! :)
    Ashubii wrote: »
    I'll probably do it alongside my spreadsheet, though, because I have like... eight households right now :#

YIKES!!! Yeah, that would definitely get complicated, you'll need a spreadsheet for sure!
    Ashubii wrote: »
    I'll probably do it alongside my spreadsheet, though, because I have like... eight households right now :#

YIKES!!! Yeah, that would definitely get complicated, you'll need a spreadsheet for sure!

I love sim genetics so much, I can't help see all of the descendants and keep up with their kids and grandkids and great-grandkids...
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I really want to do this one! Sounds fun!
  • zenkitty33zenkitty33 Posts: 5 New Member
    just started this challenge & i am trying to find a way to disable the cell phones. tried 2 diff mods neither are working. i'm play sims 4 on laptop.
    zenkitty33 wrote: »
    just started this challenge & i am trying to find a way to disable the cell phones. tried 2 diff mods neither are working. i'm play sims 4 on laptop.

I used to use this mod, but I removed it a while back (on accident) and haven't tried it again. It worked fine for me when I did use it, but I'm not sure if it still works http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536411&c=1&goto=newpost
    not sure how to level up in the business career without the computer, but i am playing this anyway. guess i'll play it for a month or so in sims time & then cheat advance.
    thanks, i've tired it. it no longer works i just keep my sims to busy to get on the phone & it's working really well so far. :)
  • missautumn19missautumn19 Posts: 22 Member
    I'll have to give this a shot. Sounds like fun!
    zenkitty33 wrote: »
    not sure how to level up in the business career without the computer, but i am playing this anyway. guess i'll play it for a month or so in sims time & then cheat advance.

For things that require the computer (like the business career), I downloaded a typewriter CC so the computer looks right, and then I put it into a room that is locked except for when the specific Sim needs to use it. That way you don't have people randomly playing computer games or trolling the forums!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top