Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    Hey, I've made an entry, is it ok to post it as a speed build?

3iv0MGa.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello @ThatPlumbobRob :)
    Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I hope you will also enjoy entering future weeks challenges also.
    I am sorry but you can’t post it as a speed build. You need to post screenshots instead.I will look forward to seeing the pictures :)
  • Options
    Theme for the week: Small Mother's Retreat Room
    Gallery name of room : Bliss in the 60s
    Origin id : ThatPlumbobRob
    Pictures of the room :
    JZ0V1Ub.jpg
    N7yXBxS.jpg
    VhVTd4H.jpg
    pKIdPvX.jpg

3iv0MGa.png
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyjKaS5plGI

If you're interested here is a speed build of the room

3iv0MGa.png
  • Options
    Bliss in the 60’s is a lovely restful bathroom for a Mother! @ThatPlumbobRob :) Very nice warm and pretty pink colour scheme ! The furnishings, layout and design are lovely! Very nice bath tub area for her to enjoy restfully bathing in the tub, reading the magazines, whilst having a drink from the counter or wall drinks racks. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy spending time sitting on the pretty pink chair doing her makeup. The beauty items are a nice touch there.The flowers on the vanity table are pretty for her see as sits there.The candles on the floor, sink counter and trolley table are pretty and calming for her to look at. The plants are nice restful nature touches. The patterned pink floor rug is very nice, and the towels wall shelving is nice and homely. The wall tiling is great! .Very nice calming wood flooring. The landscape picture is restful in the room.
    It is a very nice bathroom for a Mother to enjoy spending time relaxing! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Theme for the week: Small Mother's Retreat Room
    Gallery name of room : Simflix & Chill
    Origin id : AlJay2000
    Pictures of the room :
    hWJIDXB.png
    EevFMwo.png
    wn8p4AY.png
    so1KpNi.png
    ySpvssW.png
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Bliss in the 60’s is a lovely restful bathroom for a Mother! @ThatPlumbobRob :) Very nice warm and pretty pink colour scheme ! The furnishings, layout and design are lovely! Very nice bath tub area for her to enjoy restfully bathing in the tub, reading the magazines, whilst having a drink from the counter or wall drinks racks. Very nice vanity table area for her to enjoy spending time sitting on the pretty pink chair doing her makeup. The beauty items are a nice touch there.The flowers on the vanity table are pretty for her see as sits there.The candles on the floor, sink counter and trolley table are pretty and calming for her to look at. The plants are nice restful nature touches. The patterned pink floor rug is very nice, and the towels wall shelving is nice and homely. The wall tiling is great! .Very nice calming wood flooring. The landscape picture is restful in the room.
    It is a very nice bathroom for a Mother to enjoy spending time relaxing! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge :)

Thank you for your very sweet comment! x

3iv0MGa.png
  • Options
    SimFlix & Chill is a lovely room for a Mother to enjoy spending time relaxing in! @AlJay :) Very nice stylish blue, black and ,white colours and the natural wood wall and flooring is calming. Very nice furnishings, design and layout! The mother will enjoy sitting on the sofa watching tv and having popcorn made using the popcorn maker.She will also enjoy reading books from the bookshelf or the magazines and listening to music from the wall speaker, Very nice and stylish design of the tv area! It looks great there is a mirror wall with the other items on it. The Mothers Day gift and cards are a nice touch there. She will enjoy using the tablet and having drinks from the drinks rack whilst sitting there. Your wallart is lovely! It complements well with the rest of the room. The flowers on either side of the sofa are pretty for her to look at whilst sitting there, and the floor rugs are nice.
    It is a very nice room for relaxing and watching tv in! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow :)
  • Options
    marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2020
    Theme for the week: Small Mother’s Retreat Room
    Gallery name of room : studio for musical genius
    Origin id : marryacheesecake
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CB23219192EE11EA8EC71BE4487595A9

There was long time no entry from me, but now I’m back to challenge myself.

This Room is inspired by a Story about a young aspiring woman with Grand plans. She would like to become a producer, taken her first steps in the music branche and establish her own studio, called „astray records“. The name says it all and could not describe the young woman better. A musical genius with a penchant for intertwining with her compositions. But these is a different story. After all ups and downs, fate strikes one last time and she becomes the mother of twins. An unexpected pregnancy, but she couldn’t be happier and yet it demands a lot from her. So that she can use a room for herself alone. Because music is her passion and how could you switch off better?

259_A.png?width=849&height=283
    259_B.png

Post edited by marryacheesecake on
  • Options
    Studio for Musical Genius is a very lovely musical themed studio for the twins mother to enjoy spending time! @marryacheesecake :) It is very nice reading the background details that you wrote <3 Very nice layout and musical themed furnishings! The shelving with the rows of guitars and violins on them are very nice! Very great design of the combined keyboard and computer study desk! She will enjoy playing music on the keyboard, and searching music sites on the computer. It is very nice there is a tv for her to enjoy watching, and a bookshelf to enjoy reading books. She will enjoy mixing music on the music station. The musical awards shelf is very nice, with her proudly displaying her awards! Very nice window sitting nook to enjoy reading books, The guitar and cute dinosaur are very nice there! The amps add a great touch to the room! She will enjoy playing the guitar and singing into the microphone whilst looking at the mirror. The hanging starry wall decor on the guitar shelving wall and the string lights on the window are pretty!
    It is a very lovely music studio! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    The link to the room is causing a few issues. This link works so it would be good to edit this link into your post.
    https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CB23219192EE11EA8EC71BE4487595A9
  • Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    @AlJay , I am in love with the TV/"Fireplace" wall! **mouth wide open** You killed it...that is the most creativity I've seen in a minute.
  • Options
    Thanks @Archer_Girl my business is closed for the time being due to this covid thing, and I may just possibly be spending a lot of my extra time watching tutorials ;)
  • Options
    marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Studio for Musical Genius is a very lovely musical themed studio for the twins mother to enjoy spending time! @marryacheesecake :) It is very nice reading the background details that you wrote <3 Very nice layout and musical themed furnishings! The shelving with the rows of guitars and violins on them are very nice! Very great design of the combined keyboard and computer study desk! She will enjoy playing music on the keyboard, and searching music sites on the computer. It is very nice there is a tv for her to enjoy watching, and a bookshelf to enjoy reading books. She will enjoy mixing music on the music station. The musical awards shelf is very nice, with her proudly displaying her awards! Very nice window sitting nook to enjoy reading books, The guitar and cute dinosaur are very nice there! The amps add a great touch to the room! She will enjoy playing the guitar and singing into the microphone whilst looking at the mirror. The hanging starry wall decor on the guitar shelving wall and the string lights on the window are pretty!
    It is a very lovely music studio! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    The link to the room is causing a few issues. This link works so it would be good to edit this link into your post.
    https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CB23219192EE11EA8EC71BE4487595A9

Thank you for your lovely words an also thank you for letting me know about the broken link. I changed it. ♥
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi everyone, great rooms since I was here last, as always. @ALJay I agree with @Archer_Girl Girl that fireplace is really cool. Welcome @ThatPlumbobRob and anyone else new. It's been a while, @rosemow or it feels like it has, but it's so great to come back and find this thread still going strong. Here's my offering for this week. I just used the deck on the back of my House Boat lot since that is exactly where I picture my mom would want to be. Happy Mom's Day to everyone celebrating -- hope you were spoiled and that everyone told you how awesome you are. Moms rock.

Theme: Mom's Relax Room
    Gallery Name: Mom's Zen View
    Origin ID: Zevath
    Description:
    Created for @Roseymow's #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge. The theme this week is a relaxing room for mom to go after the kids are in bed. I designed this with my own mom in mind. She loves to read, she loves ocean views, she loves music, and she enjoys a nice cocktail or two. She doesn't paint yet, but she wants to give it a shot. #zevath ♥.

Pix:
    Ruz4vwH.jpg

♥.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Mom’s Zen View is a lovely outdoors houseboat deck area for mother’s to enjoy spending time! @Jazztizz :) It is very special that you based it on reflecting what your own Mother enjoys <3 Sims will have very nice ocean views as they sit relaxing on the lounger having a drink from the bar, and reading books from the bookcase. They will enjoy eating nice fruit from the fruit bowl, as they listen to music from the Linz speaker. The flower lamp on the side table is pretty! Very nice warm wooden back wall and deck floor. It is a very nice place to enjoy painting the sea views on the easel. The tiki torches are a very nice touch on the deck.
    It is a lovely restful deck area for mothers! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Theme for the week: Small Mother’s Retreat Room
    Gallery name of room : Mother''s Staycation
    Origin id : Netxpre2
    Gallery link: Here

oCCp7wq.png
    QidjnsP.png
    N1V7mZj.png
    RoUPnae.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Mother ‘s Staycation is a very lovely modern living room for Mothers! @JosieAnglin :) Very nice and stylish yelllow and black colors! The black and yellow blinds and floor rug are very nice. Very nice layout and furnishings! Lovely corner sofa seats fireplace sitting area to enjoy watching tv or reading books near the fire. The flowers are pretty on the bookcase shelves for Sims to see when coming to get books to read,She will enjoy using bubbles machine.Very nice vanity table for Sims to enjoy spending time doing makeup. The beauty items, pretty flowers and calming candles are nice touches on the table. The actress and models wall art add a great look to the room!
    It is a very lovely staycation room for Mothers! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    Theme: Mother's Staycation
    Gallery Link:Mom's Secret Hideout
    Origin ID: Jazzunicorns
    Family: The Kinney Family
    Lot: 1907 Cambridge Row

1nvQ2nZ.png
    Laura has a 6th kid on the way in her already cramped space. Her only refuge is the converted garage equipped with all of her art supplies.
    Yhg5IF6.png
    SaTuCK3.png
    3rnhREr.png
    caDSpNf.png
    Sometimes she just can't get away...
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey all! Its my first time trying out the one room-one theme-one week challenge! I've seen so many awesome builds on here and I just love them! Well here's what I built at the moment
    Challenge -Mom's Retreat
    Name of the build: Mom's She Cave
    EA Gallery Link https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=smallmothersretreatroom&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    EA Gallery ID: sarabeth6701d
    Top Side View aTtto6m.png
    Here it is! So I wanted to build a small study type room that could fit in just about any house. Its a no frills room but is bright and cheerful with lots of natural light coming from a big window.
    tbJTtOV.png
    A busy Mom can retreat to this study for a few minutes to recharge. There's a flat screen tv above a cheery fireplace in case she wants to watch her favorite show, a stack of her favorite books, a pitcher and platter with some refreshing drinks, and an incense burner. There's also a yoga mat with enough space for a private yoga session W2PzhkU.png

I used one of my sims to showcase and play-test the room, Narcissa Ravenhall. Narcissa is a busy lady. She works out of her home both as an author, and crafting potions (She's a virtuoso witch). When she's not writing or casting spells, she's dealing with her moody teen daughter, a set of rambunctious twins, and a needy husband. Sometimes a gal just needs a break. Here she grabs a book. She's also enjoying the incense burner. QuPqTew.png
    Narcissa thinks the room is a bit too pastel for her taste but she doesn't mind (her home in Forgotten Hollow is a bit gloomy). Personally I like the airy color theme. zkUSkxy.png
    There's also a photo frame from the Moschino Pack for family photos. I included a yoga mat. I tried to get her to do a session but she was having none of it. She'd rather curl up on the couch with a good book. tHtfVAQ.png
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Mom’s Secret Hideout is a great converted garage for Laura to retreat to! @jazzunicorns :) Very nice simversions of Laura and her family! The kids are very sweet! <3 Very nice design and furnishing of the garage! The garage door mural is great, and the posters. calendar to remind her of upcoming events, broom/dust pan, and street art on the old wooden textured walls look great! The newspaper patterned wall looks great! She will enjoy painting on the easel, with a mat there to catch dripping paint. It is great that the laundry is also in the garage, The messy clothes, and clutter on the floor gives a great look and feel to the room! She will enjoy sitting on the camp seat having snacks and a drink from the cooler. The art canvases,artwork and art table with the paint brushes on it, are great art and painting themed touches. The string of starry lights are pretty! She will enjoy doing pumpkin carving on the carving table.
    It is a very nice garage hideout for Laura! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    Hello @sarabeth2984 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope you will also enjoy entering future weeks challenges also :)
    Mom’s She Cave is a very lovely study for a mother to retreat to! :) Very pretty, calming and restful green colour, and the wall paneling is very nice. Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! .She will enjoy sitting resting on the natural cane and prettily patterned sofa , or patterned stool, watching tv in front of the fire with nice sunlight coming in through the windows onto her. The leafy curtains are very nice. and the homely display plates on either sides of the windows and hanging plants on the window are very nice touches. Whilst sitting there she will enjoy reading the books that are on the table or from the fireplace ledge bookshelf, and have a drink from the pitcher on the tray. She will enjoy restfully doing yoga on mat. The pretty flowers on the side wall and the calming candles on the table and fireplace ledge are very nice.The plant is a nice nature touch.Very nice hanging ceiling light and the wall art adds a nice look to the room. The aroma of incense will be very nice to fill the room! The family photo frame is a special homely touch.
    Narcissa is lovely! :) It is very nice screenshots that you have posted of her showcasing your lovely room :)
    It is a lovely she-cave for a mother! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top