Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Aren't Hard Copies in Stores?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    naniminna wrote: »
    @marcel21 It really bothered you I didn't respond, eh? Perception is reality. I perceived it that way and expressed my thoughts on the matter. When you responded it wasn't meant like that I let it go. It's really not something worth continuing to talk about now that the misunderstanding was cleared up, is it?

Ok,

We will leave it at that!

Happy Simming
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Proteus42 wrote: »
    Well, I´d guess to derive some kind of security from owning the disc version would definitely misplaced.

Considering the large number of patches that the game (but also earlier versions of Sims) need,
    one would never ever be able to play the game on the same level if EA went broke and the update server would get closed down as well.
    (and one had to reinstall the game for soem reason)

I would imagine that if EA went broke and nobody bought the property off them, they'd release the game to users so that it didn't need Origin to play anymore. And it is on the disk: people have installed it without internet. You can all set up Origin to save the install files when you install from online.

This was not true for me. I bought the cds and I had to be online to install it. The first time it actually stated downloading from the internet, but the player isn't aware it is actually downloading at the same time it is installing. It's such a mess. You have to click on the game icon in Origin and tell it to cancel then it will install from disc. But before you can even install off disc Origin tells you, you have to be online. I would have preferred to install it like other games then when finished to 'activate' online and go online only to activate, but that wasn't the case in TS4 I did buy on CD.

I know I hated having to download even though it was a disk :\

That's another reason for me not caring about disks anymore and going digital! theirs no point in me getting a disk if I have to download and install it with origin :\ I might as well just buy it from origin and be done with it!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon