Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My followings are erased and I cannot follow in the Gallery after Feb.4 patch

After applying a patch(Feb 4th Version 1.4.83.1010), all of my followings are erased and I cannot follow any users in Sims 4 Gallery.
I do not use any Mods though.

Comments

• Options
    itasan2itasan2 Posts: 31 Member
    Fortunately, I can download items in Sims 4 Gallery.
    Just following function does not work properly.
  • Options
    Lldvl915Lldvl915 Posts: 37 Member
    what is in that thread did not help bring back those I was following in the gallery. whom I was following should have been left alone. It needs to fix.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Lldvl915 wrote: »
    what is in that thread did not help bring back those I was following in the gallery. whom I was following should have been left alone. It needs to fix.

That might depend on those people's privacy settings.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    I am having this very same issue. My followers are there as well as the people I am following, however NOTHING is showing up under my following... I've changed my settings I unchecked this and that box and nothing!
  • Options
    well if that's the case why would all of them suddenly switch it to no one esp when they have many followers from when they showed a build on you tube. and tell everyone to find them on the gallery. I know I'm not the only one with the issue of list of whom they follow being cleared..I show I have 1 follower which I haven't uploaded much, lol. I also have my private setting set to no one.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited February 2015
    From the explanation post:

To follow a player who is not your Origin friend, both you and the person you would like to follow need to have their Origin profile set to “everyone” being able to see it.

That means that other people's privacy in being searched is respected the same as yours is. Those people you were following will have to make themselves searchable by Everyone for you to see them in your Gallery, the same as you do for your followers. Unfortunately, it will take a while for the word to get out that Origin settings are now being respected in the Gallery too. If you have a Sims blog or Tumblr or YouTube channel, consider posting about this? Or if you know someone who does, ask them to help get word out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sorry but I think origin should have left things alone!! Thank you luthienriing for your help. But I checked the gallery and those I were following still have tons of followers so there settings might be change but it still wont let me follow them. Why? I click follow and it wont. so is it something else?
    Post edited by Lldvl915 on
  • Options
    ok those that I use to follow. which apparently still have followers.. when I try to re follow them I get the error type message "error occurred while processing subscription request" is that an glitch or what?