Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FOLLOW FUNCTION IN THE GALLERY - UPDATE

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
UPDATE 3/2: Over the next few weeks, a number of changes are being rolled out to the way Followers are displayed within The Gallery. With the release of The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack, you will be able to see the names of players who are following you as long as their Origin Privacy Settings allow their username to be shown to you.

The way your Origin Privacy Settings are set up effect what people are allowed to see in your profile. For example, let’s take two The Sims 4 players: Debi and Matt. Matt wants to follow Debi because Debi builds some of the coolest houses around, but Debi’s Origin Profile is set to only be viewable by friends. With that setting, Matt is able to see the awesome houses Debi posts, but he isn’t able to view her bio or post on her wall. Also, if Debi decided to follow Matt, he wouldn’t see her name in his list of followers – instead, it would be listed as anonymous. Of course, if Debi wants to block Matt outright, she’s still able to do that.

To change your profile settings from the web:
  1. Log into origin.com.
  2. From “My Account” in the top navigation bar, select “Privacy Settings”.
  3. “Who can see my profile” is the first option in the Privacy Settings section. Note that even if you set your profile visibility to “Everyone”, you can still opt out of showing your real name and limit how people can search for you (such as by e-mail address or console ID). Also, we do honor the Block List.
  4. Select “Update” at the bottom of the page.

To change your profile settings from the Origin client:
  1. Open Origin on your computer.
  2. From “Origin” in the top navigation bar, select “Account and Privacy”.
  3. Select “Privacy Settings” in the left navigation.
  4. “Who can see my profile” is the first option in the Privacy Settings section.
  5. Select “Update” at the bottom of the page.

SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
Post edited by SimGuruCoop on