Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the Sims 4 is like the Sims 1...

I see that some people think that the Sims 4 is like the Sims 1, and here is something to think about...

The Sims 1 is nearly everyone's favorite due to it being a classic, so when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out, the Sims 4 would be everyone's favorite, beating the Sims 1, the Sims 2, and the Sims 3.

Think about it. ;)

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I can't think about something that doesn't make sense ...
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Uh...
    tumblr_mv6my8MtWt1rqlnsko1_500.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Actually I find Sims 2 to be nearly everyone's favorite, and TS2 surpasses TS4 by who knows how much. TS1 does not get too much love.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Actually I find Sims 2 to be nearly everyone's favorite, and TS2 surpasses TS4 by who knows how much. TS1 does not get too much love.

Agreed, but if the Sims 4 becomes more like Sims 1 with added features from the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, it would be one of the best. ;)
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Sims 1 is a 2000 release. I don't want to buy anything that reminds me of 2000 quality in 2015.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Yay you went back to your old avatar! The other ones scared me and I was all :0

Anyways, Sims 4 will be the best when the spiked buffaloes come riding on fire chains or whatever it is you've posted in other threads. I guess.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2015
    True, but going backward isn't going forward. Some will say this, and it's not a lie. They're antonyms.

I do get a nostalgic feel from S4 though. If it came out right after S1, no one would be up in arms about it. Unfortuntely, it came out after S3, which many felt was progress.

I may not feel that S4 is progress, per se, but it was still an enjoyable game on its own before December.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Erm, think sims 2 is a favourite out of the four.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I wish they would give us some of the really cute & very detailed items from Sims 1!
    Esp the counters - that are like a shelf w/ no bottoms....and the aquariums, etc...
    The only 2 things I don't like about Sims 1, are how the Sims look, and the camera...the rest I had so much fun with over the yrs, esp after I got all the exp pks. <3
    Sims 4 is too different to be like Sims 1 (IMO).
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I wouldn't say TS2 is my favorite. It might be my second favorite but despite other issues others have had, TS3 was probably my favorite.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No, for me, the sims 2 is what sims 4 should be emulating (better).

Besides, sims 1 was the first of its kind, and it was a product of its time, so I can cut it some slack. Sims 2 improved upon it, so sims 4 should improve upon sims 3 or even sims 2....

After sims 2 and sims 3, I expect a game with the number 4 on it to be better in the year 2014/2015.

Game sequels are supposed to improve on their predecessors, not regress. If EA wanted us to treat it as a "standalone" game or an entire reboot, then they should not have put a number 4 on it. It should've been called the Sims (2014) like SimCity (2013) or the Sims: Reboot, etc.....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    WakyWaky Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @Darleymikey said:
    > Sims 1 is a 2000 release. I don't want to buy anything that reminds me of 2000 quality in 2015.

Wait wait .... what quality ? Ever since ( 2009-2010) almost all AAA titles are mediocre at best.So from my point of view games before current era of game industry (before 2009) have more value due to content and quality.

Also I am Sims 2 veteran and I pretty sure that all Sims game became something when expansions started to roll out.Even the so called "full featured" The Sims 3 was not so "magnificent" before first tree expansions rolled out (I know this because I tried base game first before installing expansion packs,unfortunately this is where poor optimization and bad patch finding kicks in and gets worst with each new EP).
    Post edited by Waky on
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have never seen TS1. I have TS2 on my iMac, bought the digital version that came with everything for $29.99. I have TS3 and TS4 on my gaming computer.

I don't play TS2 very often, I play TS3 once in a while, but with the great graphics and ease of building of TS4 I play that most of the time.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    well for simers looking for the sims1 ultimate collection you can download it on this site for free the full game http://www.old-games.com/getfree/10460
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    you are wrong i much prefer the sims3 evendo i played the sims2

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    mmm now that you've mentioned it... What if Sims 4 was renamed as Sims 1: Remastered instead?

W-wait what was I thinking, I can't even... :no_mouth:
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sims 2 is my favorite, followed by 3.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Ok, some older technologies are superior to the new, but that's usually not the case with games.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited February 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »
    you are wrong i much prefer the sims3 evendo i played the sims2
    No he is not wrong. The majority of people do prefer TS2. Just because you don't doesn't mean he's wrong about the majority. You don't make up the majority (thankfully).
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Waky wrote: »
    Also I am Sims 2 veteran and I pretty sure that all Sims game became something when expansions started to roll out. Even the so called "full featured" The Sims 3 was not so "magnificent" before first tree expansions rolled out (I know this because I tried base game first before installing expansion packs,unfortunately this is where poor optimization and bad patch finding kicks in and gets worst with each new EP).

I loved the TS3 base game and played it for six months with zero problems. It wasn't until I installed 'World Adventures' that I hit my first bug - it ate my Legacy family (twelve generations!), which I can never forgive. I found TS3 to be very full featured and, well, maybe not 'magnificent', but pretty good. In fact what bothered me was the first two EP's linear game-play - I would have much rather gotten a real vacation EP instead of WA and I wish that 'Ambitions' hadn't been so questy - I was bored with it in weeks and never did finish all the new jobs.

As for which game I liked best - TS2 had better game-play options and more depth, but TS3 won me over with the Open World and CASt. I might be able to go back to loading screens, but I just can't give up the ability to customize almost everything in the game. I had hoped that TS4 would have TS3's advantages and TS2's depth of play, but instead it has TS1's options and all the bugs from the later editions.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 1 had a lot of things the Sims 4 doesn't have. But yes there are things like baby stuck to cradle, no toddler life stage, and children being sent away forever if they have bad grades that are similar. The game play is different too: "In The Sims there is no primary objective or goal to achieve and instead of fulfilling objectives, the player is encouraged to make choices and engage fully in an interactive environment. This has helped the game successfully attract casual gamers. The only real objective of the game is to organize the Sims' time to help them reach personal goals and succeed to the best of their ability." Not counting patches it had Will Wright working on it, NPCs, adult humor, terrain tool, water tool, pool table, play interaction, hot tub, guinea pig, an aquarium that can hold more than one fish, pool, juggling, ghosts, more careers, and smarter Sims. The Sims 4 would be lucky if it was as good or as popular as the Sims 1. I do love this thread showing the differences between the two games:

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13247998/#Comment_13247998
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Well, I don't know if I'm minority or majority. I just know I also never liked S3. No one in my household did. We all play S2 still. I'm the only one who tried to find some saving grace with S3. I don't know which one I'd say was better between S1 and 2 though. I still play both and get something different from both of them. S1 has so many things that even S2 doesn't have. The only thing I don't like about S1 is how frozen in time they are, but I get over that by playing S2.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2015
    If sims 4 wanted to be like sims 1, it should get rid of those goals and lifetime aspirations, and traits, and any kind of family relations (since sim 1 doesn't recognize family relations, oh wait...), kids don't skill or grow up into adults (unless by magic), no teens, no YAs, etc....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    If sims 4 wanted to be like sims 1, it should get rid of those goals and lifetime aspirations, and traits, and any kind of family relations (since sim 1 doesn't recognize family relations, oh wait...), kids don't skill or grow up into adults (unless by magic), no teens, no YAs, etc....
    Aww you forgot about the incest glitch that hit the Sims 4. XD I read someone is still experiencing it with their ghost Sim sadly with romantic interactions between great grandparent and their great grand daughter. Sad that step parents and in-law relationships aren't recognized.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller