Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What art style do you want sims 5 to have poll.

Comments

• Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    edited January 2015
    I really want the sims 5 will have these animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzM_KOUrl0Q

Post edited by thesimsfairy47 on
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

Look at that squirrel from Sims 4. A 2014 game. LOL.

Now i understand what ruin Sims 4. This squirrel from the 2014. Its so easy just to cut some random element and put them in front saying "this is awful" but i can make the sime with S3 with hundreds elements to.
    It's not just the chipmunks ;) That's just one of the many examples.

"Its so easy just to cut some random element and put them in front saying "this is awful" but i can make the sime with S3 with hundreds elements to."
    Yes, the Sims 3 is not perfect. But it still manages to seem like it came after the Sims 4 due to all the things it has the the Sims 4 does not. Oh, and the game released in 2009 with the EP released in 2011 that gave us chipmunks still manages to look miles better than the 2014 ones. And that's sad.
    8f16298b-0915-4a4f-9d14-eab81a521c4d_zpsf482571f.jpg

Sure, chipmunks are so simple and not a huge part of the game. But that just shows laziness on their part. They can't even be bothered to make something so simple and tiny as a chipmunk. I worry about what the bigger animals will look like.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Sims 5 should be like sims 4, but it havs to contain the create a style mode and better dance moves than in sims 4 (Only moves I like are Confident and Flirty by female sims ;) )
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I like the pixar feel of the Sims 4- I truly do. It took the "favorite screenshot thread" over the past few months to make me feel that way. However, I wish that it were Pixar 2014 style rather than Pixar circa 2005 :neutral_face:

But then I go into Sims 3 and it's like I absolutely love 2/3's art style too, but more so the detail. I'd like Sims 4 art style if it were more detailed. It looks to plastic toy-ish.
  • Options
    Freeze014Freeze014 Posts: 13 New Member
    Beware the uncanny valley... that is all i am saying.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    My choice - Like the sims 3 with better textures and lighting.
    The hyper-pastel look of 4 gives me a headache - literally. Ugh!

Agree i would choose the sims 3 artstyle with the graphics improvements made in sims 4,mre defined borders and let palette artstyle.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I just don't understand how a game from 2009 has better graphics than a game from 2014!?

Because EA. Enough said.
    I'm afraid to see how pets would look like with THAT art style...
    Still like this ;)
    chili01.jpg

Please, don't give the developers any ideas.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

Look at that squirrel from Sims 4. A 2014 game. LOL.

Now i understand what ruin Sims 4. This squirrel from the 2014. Its so easy just to cut some random element and put them in front saying "this is awful" but i can make the sime with S3 with hundreds elements to.

It really is easy to find an element to disparage the Sims 4. Blame the designers for making it so easy to do so.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Miyaca wrote: »
    I still think this would be nice for Sims
    QD_BEYOND_SCREEN12.1378676545.jpg

is that Ellen Page? lol

Yes it is, they used her for Beyond two souls.

Yeah she cried about it. They used her likeness, big deal.

She doesn't like own exclusive rights to her likeness. Allow me to demonstrate.

celebrity-doppelgangers-14-20.jpg

heres-justin-timberlake-who-uncannily-resembles-this-old-time-criminal-in-a-mug-shot

nick-cage-600x450.jpg

• Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    it's WAY to early to have a pole like this.
    We don't even know what kind of graphics will be possible several years from now when Sims5 gets to that level of development

But I'd expect it to be at least slightly cartoonish with a lot of detail on the sims
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

is that Ellen Page? lol

[snipped images for size.]

That was The Last of Us (ND did base Ellie on her). She actually did play Jodie in Beyond: Two Souls.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member

is that Ellen Page? lol

celebrity-doppelgangers-14-20.jpg

heres-justin-timberlake-who-uncannily-resembles-this-old-time-criminal-in-a-mug-shot

nick-cage-600x450.jpg

One word... vampires.

is that Ellen Page? lol

[snipped images for size.]

That was The Last of Us (ND did base Ellie on her). She actually did play Jodie in Beyond: Two Souls.
    You're right it was The Last of Us because Naughty Dog based Ellie of Ellen and she got 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at that for some reason. You know makes sense...
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    We don't even know what kind of graphics will be possible several years from now when Sims5 gets to that level of development

But I'd expect it to be at least slightly cartoonish with a lot of detail on the sims
    I disagree. The earlier we have this discussion, the better. That way EA will know what we want and what we don't want and have time to prepare. God knows they need all the time in the world....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

I think it is the perfect time, because once they start developing the game, the art style will already have be decided.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    I would like a Pixar-ish look. Not a fan of the ultra-realistic thing.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I think it is the perfect time, because once they start developing the game, the art style will already have be decided.

Exactly right. Besides that, for me it's more interesting than talking about Sims 4, which I've pretty much written off as a lost cause already.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i just want to not cry because the game is so bad.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    maxis never gonna use that enginer because you know, if we have ultra realisti graphics and that things in sims, their will ending make one quarter of their customers have their pc exploding and 70% of they laptop users exploding, in just clicking in the game icon.

the most important thing for maxis is make sure this game can be played in 286 and fourth handed laptops, i really waiting to see the sims 5 being multiplataform : pc, tablets and mobiles :P, theiy probably will get the mobile sims free and cut half of the game and call it the sims 5

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    If it gets anymore realistic it'll make real-life seem like a cartoon!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    I chose other, wanting it to be a mix of TS3 and TS4... as in open world, toddlers, good graphics and more interactions, ect.
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    TS4 but with a bit more detail
  • Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Black-Desert-15.jpg
    r4.jpg
    BlackDesert_Pc_01.jpg
    Like this ^^

OMG! That would be amazing. Not ultra realistic but a great mixture of all the Sims games combined! Really realistic hair and sims4/sims2 faces. Awesome.