Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What art style do you want sims 5 to have poll.

Comments

• Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    I would like more color choices. The games color choices are too few.

Yes! In sims2 they used to be able to choose which bed spread and which presser board you wanted (I think that was what its called...)
    In sims4 they don't give you the option anymore, the colors are so mix matched!

Ironsingle.jpg[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    I like the sims4 but we definitely need better graphics on the hair, I first I thought it was PLATO. OMG. It looks exactly like PLATO, a kids molding toy!

At first I thought they would fix and make us see moving, bouncy hair like in sims2!

Disney has better graphics for movies!

tumblr_n3js88pZ5a1trmkp7o1_500.gif[img][/img]

I want better graphics, too. But the graphics Pixar pumps out could be done in real time....sometime in 2030, when quantum computers are a mainstay. (actually, I have no idea when we might get graphics like that).

I'd like to see something along the graphics style of the scene below:
    { Picture removed due to severe violent content }

Not too real (avoids the creep factor), but nicer than what we have now. I'd be fine with loading screens if it meant we got a significant boost to graphics.
    What? They pixelate "the finger" but a decapitated person is okay? What kind of censorship is that??? smh

That's the American Way (I'm serious).

Wow! You are talking to an American! 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Have you ever heard of The Forum Challenge? I would take up on that!

No actually that is the Board of censors way - that combine all the censored stuff from around the world when a game is allowed around the world. But I do agree the censors seem very extreme on somethings and others not at all. Like I do not like gore in any form but for some reason they seem to think it is better than showing someone smoking a cigarette. It is like huh? They are purely skewered. You think that is bad - look at the list of Classics books that get censored out of schools every year. They seriously do not follow the way the average American thinks - believe me. I do say average American and not any of the over the top for Causes types. But please do not judge us all by what things like censors do.

Yeah. Ok. Sorry :) Overreaction, lets get this blasted into the pasted (I needed something to rhyme)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain Will Wright wanted the Sims to be at least equal in quality to the best current releases (on the PC, not on phones). The 2013 screenshots looked really nice I thought, too bad they did to graphics what they did to just about everything else. The style is fine, but it looks to be (look at the horrible, mutated squirrel? Or was that a chipmunk? It needs to be put out of its misery) of fairly low quality.

You could be right about that - I know he likes Pixar and even Disney looking animated creatures. He has mentioned it in interviews that he is a fan of pixar - which actually these worlds remind me of - but yes from the pictures I have seen of the GP - that "creature" definitely looks like a frankenstein version of what a chip munk should look like and definitely not pixar.

ETA - I don't have the GP myself - so I can't say if it was perhaps a low grade pc maybe or bad picture or if it actually looks like that in a high end pc with a good video card. But I was hoping that was the reason the pics look like that. I do know on my pc the game looks a lot better than a lot of pictures i have seen of it - but that is all I have is just the basegame and the updates so far.

ETA - You do know those 2013 screenies were from the first version of Sims 4 - the online one with the first game engine - and not the present game engine with the offline version - right? PK even said that in his interview with modthesims.

From This thread

22hijn.jpg
    2w1wi9v.jpg
    He has a acorn in his mouth but the quality that it doesn't even look like that.
    eupsnd.jpg

It's not from a low grade pc or bad pictures. Everyone's squirrels look like this. EA just didn't bother because your sims aren't going to interact with them, to me it feel like a bad excuse. Details matter but what do I expect from people that make grass that looks like spilled paint. The trees also look like bad quality for a 2014 release :( It's sad to see this.

The squirrel has a broke looking tale or as I called it, Pikachu.

That is actually a chipmunk - not a squirrel. The stripes on the back tell you that. But the second picture looks better than the first - still the both look washed out. I know in the world itself nothing looks washed out - in fact the world almost looks too colorful at times - so that is why I assumed a lower end video card at least. As soon as I have 20 bucks to swear I will then be able to actually see if it is the pack or the pictures - as i would not expect it will be that faded looking in my game as nothing else is. I do know it can look like that on onboard video - as the whole game sort of looks like that on one of my family members laptops and she has onboard video - which it supposedly is a good video - and the laptop was not cheap - but still onboard video is never as good as separate video cards from my experience.

At least it is cheap enough once I have the money to at least compare - seeing I actually like Camping in Sims 2 (did not like it in Sims 3 though). But thank you for showing the other picture and the info. Much appreciated.

As for the Sims 5 art style - well we have 5 years to worry about it and not really something I give much thought to seeing technology wise that can be a lifetime of new way in 5 years. Technology can suddenly grow in leaps and bounds by then.

Fixed the last image eupsnd.jpg

The quality is still really bad of the chipmunk ;). They could have a put a little extra in it so it's tale doesn't look broken lol
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015
    I want better graphics, too. But the graphics Pixar pumps out could be done in real time....sometime in 2030, when quantum computers are a mainstay. (actually, I have no idea when we might get graphics like that).

I think a big part of the problem is theme. If the theme is going to be very ordinary then the graphics need to be extraordinary to compensate for it. Its like easy to forgive a low poly model or a low res texture here and there if the context of a game makes it easy to forgive.

It really pains me that i can't stay interested in LOTRO because from what I see the developers of that game take pride in their art.

They will repeatedly update their graphics as they feel needed and LOTRO has stayed one of the overall prettiest games out there.

ger%2520on%2520helm%25C2%25B4s%2520deep%2520steed.png

Is it perfect? no.

Its it amazing when considering the context of the game, the vastness of it in it's and overall quality? I think it is.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS3 chipmunks look much, much better.
    Chipmunk+1.jpg
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I have to say the more realistic the better. Game realistic of course but still. I remember the first time playing Final Fantasy X and being blown away by it (of course these graphics seem quite dated now too). That's the sort of effect I want a game to have on me. I want to be in awe, I want to marvel at the detail, not squint so I don't see all the mistakes and jagged edges. Seriously that chipmunk is a disgrace (same with the swans and the eagle actually, they're so low-poly it's not even funny.
  • Options
    I just don't understand how a game from 2009 has better graphics than a game from 2014!?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I just don't understand how a game from 2009 has better graphics than a game from 2014!?

Because EA. Enough said.
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »

Because EA. Enough said.
    I'm afraid to see how pets would look like with THAT art style...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Because EA. Enough said.

I'm not sure they will implement pets, how would they make them fit into the whole emotions system?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Because EA. Enough said.

but the birds, fish, frogs and bugs are better detailed, I don't know why squirrels fell so far from the tree.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Because EA. Enough said.

I'm not sure they will implement pets, how would they make them fit into the whole emotions system?

Yeah? How would they fit into the emotions system? I mean what kind of emotions would there be for a pet?

I am also concerned that they will turn slick and cartoony, it will push us back far because sims3 pets was the most amazing in the Sims Franchise In detail!
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    "Pets? Maybe, it would be hard, and expensive."
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    "Pets? Maybe, it would be hard, and expensive."

I guess that rules them out for Sims 4.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Inb4 animal game pack

hqdefault.jpg
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Inb4 animal game pack

hqdefault.jpg

Lol. I laughed so hard! They would never be that bad! EA can never be that Low. (Yet anyway ;))
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    @KhyanLeikas Your avi looks like a cartoony version of the guy from mass effect :o
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wonder what the system requirements for the sims 4 would have been if the game looked like this.

6a631b3e1ad4b7e683b038bc8a23411d.jpg?itok=Qd2FNh_M

I need to finish Mass Effect 3 before the release of this game. B)

I wish I could play Mass Effect 3.
    I switched my hard drive over to an SSD and now Origin will not let me play it.
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin or ME3 will fix it. I'm kind of scared to try any further unless I screw things up for other Origin games.
    [img][/img]277010MassEffect32015010216023082.png
    My shepard from a 2012 game.

Look at that squirrel from Sims 4. A 2014 game. LOL.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    I still think this would be nice for Sims
    QD_BEYOND_SCREEN12.1378676545.jpg

is that Ellen Page? lol
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member

Look at that squirrel from Sims 4. A 2014 game. LOL.

Now i understand what ruin Sims 4. This squirrel from the 2014. Its so easy just to cut some random element and put them in front saying "this is awful" but i can make the sime with S3 with hundreds elements to.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Inb4 animal game pack

hqdefault.jpg

lmao! I can't believe I still remember that rugrats search for reptar game.
  • Options

Because EA. Enough said.
    Still like this ;)
    chili01.jpg
  • Options
    Miyaca wrote: »

is that Ellen Page? lol

Yes it is, they used her for Beyond two souls.
  • Options
    Miyaca wrote: »

is that Ellen Page? lol

Yes it is, they used her for Beyond two souls.

Yes!! I remember that game! It was awesome. The Name even sounded Cool. But playing as Jode was hard.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited January 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wonder what the system requirements for the sims 4 would have been if the game looked like this.

6a631b3e1ad4b7e683b038bc8a23411d.jpg?itok=Qd2FNh_M

I need to finish Mass Effect 3 before the release of this game. B)

I wish I could play Mass Effect 3.
    I switched my hard drive over to an SSD and now Origin will not let me play it.
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin or ME3 will fix it. I'm kind of scared to try any further unless I screw things up for other Origin games.

That's weird because I am running SSD drives in one of my pcs and having no problem with Origin. I don't have Mass Effect as I don't play killing type game now a days - (although I do have Dragon Age) but I have other origin games on my pcs and none have had any issues going to any of my games. I would check my settings and make sure Origin has permissions etc.

I am not having a problem with Origin, just ME3 and Origin. I think it was because I cloned the drive in order to move my OS and programs to it. I don't think Origin liked that. It is DRM crazy after all. All Origin games installed after I installed the SSD work fine except ME3

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I actually wouldn't mind that look for the Sims. The details in the shine, texture, and lighting and shadowing are really nice. I do think the lighting and shadows are really off for the Sims 4. Generally I do like colorful games because they make me happy. But just finding that right balance between color and faded look I think some games struggle at. That picture just has a nice balance of everything. It's not too rounded and it's not too edgy looking. Thanks for sharing it @06Bon06. Sims 5 would be wonderful to have in that type of art style.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller